Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:09:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35038 times)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #120 on July 21, 2019, 09:05:50 am by godlike1 »
Some people are panicking for no reason whatsoever. And interpreting what DM says to prove their stand point and/or their negative position is sadly immature.

As I've posted earlier DM wanted a good look at what he has before entertaining the options already identified or those on his list. Thats currently happening. Wait and see.

SM it's not panicking at all, it's being very plain and clear about what they and everyone can see.

Some teams have recruited very well in our league this season and we are a good 4 weeks behined at least.

I've no problem with DM wanting to look at the players first but when you then hear that he's only looking to bring in 1 or 2, it starts to get you a little concerned. If no one else comes in the week I will start to get very concerned.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on July 21, 2019, 09:13:11 am by RedJ »
Some people are panicking for no reason whatsoever. And interpreting what DM says to prove their stand point and/or their negative position is sadly immature.

As I've posted earlier DM wanted a good look at what he has before entertaining the options already identified or those on his list. Thats currently happening. Wait and see.

SM it's not panicking at all, it's being very plain and clear about what they and everyone can see.

Some teams have recruited very well in our league this season and we are a good 4 weeks behined at least.

I've no problem with DM wanting to look at the players first but when you then hear that he's only looking to bring in 1 or 2, it starts to get you a little concerned. If no one else comes in the week I will start to get very concerned.

Because everyone knows the manager tells the local papers absolutely everything he's working on behind closed doors with no smokescreen whatsoever eh.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on July 21, 2019, 09:24:39 am by IDM »

How often when someone says “I’ll be with you in two minutes” do they literally mean 120 seconds, or in a short while..

One or two probably means “a few” not 2 maximum.

Folks complain to buggery that the club doesn’t give out enough information then when they do every single word is taken literally rather than in context..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on July 21, 2019, 09:33:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's like the YouTubers publishing their season predictions! How on earth can you possibly predict anything when teams have not fully assembled their squads? No wonder their predictions for last season were so far out. Still, it gets people's attention and gets their ratings up!
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:36:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on July 21, 2019, 09:53:59 am by dknward2 »
Think the issue stems from the comments we have players ready to come in.

So expecting to sign players within a week of him coming in is not unrealistic. Would have hoped he knew what we need before came manager but I understand giving the players here a chance.

Now saying we are looking at 1 or 2 attacking players to come in when we had Middleton ready to join seems an unnecessary delay. If he doesn't come we must have someone really good coming in.

If we have no one new before next Saturday then I think we will struggle at the start of this season outside the first 11 and maybe 3 players on the bench who don't have quality to challenge each other

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on July 21, 2019, 10:19:14 am by DonnyOsmond »
I hope Atkinson signing is just smoke and mirrors too or it's only a month deal. A player in their peak age who struggled to get in a League Two team shouldn't be considered for a team aiming for a promotion challenge in the league above.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on July 21, 2019, 10:58:46 am by silent majority »
dknward2,
I've already said Middleton won't be coming. Read back on this thread.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on July 21, 2019, 11:00:15 am by German Rover »
I hope Atkinson signing is just smoke and mirrors too or it's only a month deal. A player in their peak age who struggled to get in a League Two team shouldn't be considered for a team aiming for a promotion challenge in the league above.

Different managers have different opinions on players and maybe DM thinks he can get more out of him then mansfield did.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on July 21, 2019, 11:02:47 am by silent majority »

For somebody who's already suggested we may be looking at relegation I'd put you in the ' determined to be pessimistic' at all times camp.

Forgive me for not wanting to join you.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on July 21, 2019, 11:25:41 am by redarmy82 »
I said a minimum of six new players and I stand by that.

The current starting 11 is average at best, and we have absolutely no strength in depth.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on July 21, 2019, 11:32:36 am by since-1969 »
A. Another “Paul Taylor”. Just don’t need to travel down that road again .

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on July 21, 2019, 12:57:32 pm by Michael Gibson »
Absolutely pointless signing.. why??? There’s Amos and blaney to cover so it’s pretty piss poor signing someone who couldn’t get a game in the league below.  Tuck shop managers running a football club doesn’t work.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on July 21, 2019, 12:59:46 pm by Retdon1 »
Not sure you can count two returning loan players as a comparison to the players we’ve lost.
With the funds we keep being told we have them we shouldn’t be offering players like will Atkinson short term deals, that just reeks of cutting your cloth.
We’re currently saving wages on
Marosi
Andrew
Mason
Rowe
Mandevile
Lund
Butler
Plus whatever we were paying for Kane, Wilks and downing.
We’ve now signed a young midfielder and two full backs, so we should have a hefty amount of funds available to re-build our squad.
We were told we had a number of exciting signings lined up yet we’re now considering offering will Atkinson a short term deal?

Doesn’t add up

Don’t forget we’ve also lost Tyler Smith and Arron Lewis and Idd imagine we were also contributing to Luke McCullough and Tyler Garretts wages too.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on July 21, 2019, 02:19:29 pm by Move DRFC »
Not sure you can count two returning loan players as a comparison to the players we’ve lost.
With the funds we keep being told we have them we shouldn’t be offering players like will Atkinson short term deals, that just reeks of cutting your cloth.
We’re currently saving wages on
Marosi
Andrew
Mason
Rowe
Mandevile
Lund
Butler
Plus whatever we were paying for Kane, Wilks and downing.
We’ve now signed a young midfielder and two full backs, so we should have a hefty amount of funds available to re-build our squad.
We were told we had a number of exciting signings lined up yet we’re now considering offering will Atkinson a short term deal?

Doesn’t add up

Agree with this. I'm sure I'm not alone in expecting some high calibre signings this week/before the season starts or the disappointment of a lot of fans will be just.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on July 21, 2019, 03:48:07 pm by Copps is Magic »
A lot of this rests on how to interpret Moore's words. I can't for one second believe he thinks we only need '1 or 2' to 'balance to squad'. If he does, god help us but it seems it might just be an expression and hopefully more than that come in.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on July 21, 2019, 07:38:01 pm by since-1969 »
Maybe it’s time the club invested in a Director of Football and stop leaving everything to a “A Little Black Book”.
 A scouting network ran by a club Director to help keep the manager informed of the clubs prospects  . How many of those were on a  list when McCann swam the Humber .

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on July 21, 2019, 09:13:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
Maybe it’s time the club invested in a Director of Football and stop leaving everything to a “A Little Black Book”.
 A scouting network ran by a club Director to help keep the manager informed of the clubs prospects  . How many of those were on a  list when McCann swam the Humber .

Have three of them swam the Humber with him.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on July 21, 2019, 10:48:33 pm by Rovers Return »
Well the Darren Moore effect hasn’t lasted long has it. Been in the job less than a week and has failed miserably to bring in 14 new players of Premiership standard! 🙄 Or should I say failed to personally call certain whiney fans and tell them his plans.Disgraceful Rovers!!! 🤣

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on July 21, 2019, 11:01:47 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
My normally depressing Sunday evening has actually been one of the most entertaining for many a year reading some of the comments on this thread!! Nobody on here has ever managed a professional football team and yet we’re blessed with so many experts! I’m quite happy to trust the opinions of DM and the Board above and beyond those who’s only experience of managing a football club came from playing Football Manager on a ZX Spectrum in 1985.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on July 21, 2019, 11:06:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You should go to the off-topic section if you want a real laugh. There's a handful of potential Prime Ministers whose only qualification is reading the Guardian!

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on July 21, 2019, 11:09:24 pm by no eyed deer »
My normally depressing Sunday evening has actually been one of the most entertaining for many a year reading some of the comments on this thread!! Nobody on here has ever managed a professional football team and yet we’re blessed with so many experts! I’m quite happy to trust the opinions of DM and the Board above and beyond those who’s only experience of managing a football club came from playing Football Manager on a ZX Spectrum in 1985.

Shock horror !!! people writing about football in a ....erm football forum

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on July 21, 2019, 11:28:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

If you go back 12 months ago, it's the same suspects, saying the same negative things. Those saying we need top quality signings criticising the loan signing of Wilks etc.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on July 21, 2019, 11:28:32 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Shock horror !!! people writing about football in a ....erm football forum

Entirely missing the point...

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on July 22, 2019, 12:59:00 am by godlike1 »

For somebody who's already suggested we may be looking at relegation I'd put you in the ' determined to be pessimistic' at all times camp.

Forgive me for not wanting to join you.

I see it more as being realistic. Other than last season (potentially being a one off????) we have not had a lot to sing about. Yes we went up from league 2 but should we have been relegated?

I want to be v optimistic and am proud of the club who I want to do well. On the player front I can only tell it as I see it though. I don't have the benefit of inside information unlike yourself

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on July 22, 2019, 07:57:27 am by dickos1 »
As a club we’ve had far more to shout about over the last 10-15 years than almost every other club in the country

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on July 22, 2019, 08:27:01 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
As a club we’ve had far more to shout about over the last 10-15 years than almost every other club in the country

Exactly this.  I expect the first few games to be a case of grinding out results, but I'd like to think we will then improve.

I do agree with some sentiments though, we do need a few bodies (3-4) and quick IMO.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on July 22, 2019, 08:44:23 am by DonnyOsmond »
You should go to the off-topic section if you want a real laugh. There's a handful of potential Prime Ministers whose only qualification is reading the Guardian!

And the other half would struggle to be PM as they're too far up Nigel Farage's arse.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on July 22, 2019, 09:42:17 am by SydneyRover »

And the other half would struggle to be PM as they're too far up Nigel Farage's arse.

So should we all be in panic mode or apply for a seat on the coaching staff the board or both Donny?

Apologies Donny for attributing a comment from jackanory to yourself.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 12:29:01 pm by SydneyRover »

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on July 22, 2019, 12:20:08 pm by Rovers Return »

If you go back 12 months ago, it's the same suspects, saying the same negative things. Those saying we need top quality signings criticising the loan signing of Wilks etc.

I also remember the criticism of Herbie as a kid from Liverpool that they'd never heard of and I posted at the time:

quote author=Rovers Return link=topic=266829.msg794220#msg794220 date=1533242768]
Just told my lad who is at Liverpool Uni that we have signed Herbie Kane. He excitedly Said Herbie Kane? Herbie Kane? WOW!...........says it all for me
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:50:33 pm by Rovers Return »

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on July 22, 2019, 12:55:54 pm by jackthelad »
I think we need a minimum of 4 good additions.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012