Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 01:58:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 127149 times)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #300 on September 18, 2019, 11:23:27 am by Pancho Regan »
It was clearly a bit of a silly set up, designed to paint him in an even worse light than hes already in. Saying that though, when you’re as pugnacious and bullish as Johnson then you’ve got to expect some come back. I’ve no problem with him being made to look a t**t

The problem is, though, that it was the Americans that liberated Luxembourg.

The Americans?
I thought it was Tony Blackburn.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #301 on September 18, 2019, 11:33:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
This place used to be funny. Now it's just f**king stupid.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #302 on September 18, 2019, 11:52:02 am by Pancho Regan »
That's a reight 'Grumpy Owd Man' comment BST.

Has something put you in a bad mood?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #303 on September 18, 2019, 11:55:55 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'm all for fun BST, and I'd love the forum to go back to how it used to be. Sadly, precedence has now been set by the snowflakes, and because of your past support of them, I found your post was more contradictory than funny.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #304 on September 18, 2019, 07:16:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The point I would make (and I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson), what would you all have said if this had been him doing that to the Luxembourg leader?  You'd have crucified him.  What exactly in that position should he do?  Childish politics at play from the Luxembourg chap really.

Slightly amusing seeing some of the lefties heralding this guy also.  Because the policies of Luxembourg are so in line with the left's views aren't they?

The original point is, let them all be heard respectfully, that's not too much to ask is it?

For someone who is not a fan of Johnson you do seem to jump to his defence rather readily.

All politicians deserve the right to be heard and even if you agree with them or not give them respect.

A good point made on that is it actually helps boris aswell play up to that narrative of the eu giving no care at all to the uk and happy to play games.  It doesnt help the politics does it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #305 on September 18, 2019, 07:40:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Another day, another instinctive lie.

When he got harrassed by the bloke in a hospital today, he was accused of using a hospital as a media opportunity.

Johnson instinctively said there was no Press there. In front of TV cameras and photo journalists snapping away. And it turns out Downing Street had sent out a press piece telling the media he'd be there and inviting them to come.

It's a fascinating insight and it fits with so many other examples. When he's under pressure, he simply lies. Even when the lie is to stupid to possibly believe.

Not what I'd want from anyone in any position of authority.

Edit: Here it is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1174291989203959808

It's a tiny example, but f**k me, what mental processes make you say "there's no press here" in front of the press at a press event that you've organised?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 07:44:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #306 on September 18, 2019, 08:13:00 pm by foxbat »
starting to even out do Trump , but he knows our corrupt right wing press will still present him as the hero , a great laugh , and loved by the plebs.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #307 on September 18, 2019, 09:25:56 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Another day, another instinctive lie.

When he got harrassed by the bloke in a hospital today, he was accused of using a hospital as a media opportunity.

Johnson instinctively said there was no Press there. In front of TV cameras and photo journalists snapping away. And it turns out Downing Street had sent out a press piece telling the media he'd be there and inviting them to come.

It's a fascinating insight and it fits with so many other examples. When he's under pressure, he simply lies. Even when the lie is to stupid to possibly believe.

Not what I'd want from anyone in any position of authority.

Edit: Here it is.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1174291989203959808

It's a tiny example, but f**k me, what mental processes make you say "there's no press here" in front of the press at a press event that you've organised?

I can't wait for the Autumn series of Have I Got News For You to start, they'll have a ball taking the piss out his pathetic lies every week. Even better if there's a General Election during the series' run!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #308 on September 18, 2019, 10:13:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
What? Are you talking about the right-wing biased BBC here?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #309 on September 18, 2019, 10:58:00 pm by Not Now Kato »
The point I would make (and I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson), what would you all have said if this had been him doing that to the Luxembourg leader?  You'd have crucified him.  What exactly in that position should he do?  Childish politics at play from the Luxembourg chap really.

Slightly amusing seeing some of the lefties heralding this guy also.  Because the policies of Luxembourg are so in line with the left's views aren't they?

The original point is, let them all be heard respectfully, that's not too much to ask is it?

For someone who is not a fan of Johnson you do seem to jump to his defence rather readily.

All politicians deserve the right to be heard and even if you agree with them or not give them respect.

A good point made on that is it actually helps boris aswell play up to that narrative of the eu giving no care at all to the uk and happy to play games.  It doesnt help the politics does it?

Tell me, how can anyone repect Johnson when he openly lies like he does?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #310 on September 18, 2019, 11:14:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
One thing I've never understood is what is an open lie, and why it is worse than an 'unopen' lie?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #311 on September 19, 2019, 08:15:35 am by SydneyRover »
Two weeks to come up with a Brexit plan c/w a Backstop for Ireland shouldn't be a problem for johnson after all he's been telling us and the EU that he already has one, unless he was lying of course.

• VSC Member
« Reply #312 on September 19, 2019, 08:26:23 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well Merkel gave him 4 weeks and what he has he seemingly done so far?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #313 on September 19, 2019, 08:28:00 am by Not Now Kato »
One thing I've never understood is what is an open lie, and why it is worse than an 'unopen' lie?

It would seem the education system failed you then  BB.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #314 on September 19, 2019, 09:29:26 pm by SydneyRover »
Just a thought is Cummings being kept out of the limelight, haven't seen or heard of him for quite a few days, I think they must have put the choker on?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #315 on September 19, 2019, 10:15:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Just a thought is Cummings being kept out of the limelight, haven't seen or heard of him for quite a few days, I think they must have put the choker on?

Locked the drinks cabinet, more like.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #317 on September 20, 2019, 06:54:41 am by SydneyRover »
Or this (added: this article contains an explainer for how fb is used and how data can be analysed, v useful for non-users like me)

''Conservative Party targets over-45s with Facebook Brexit ads

In contrast, younger Facebook users are being shown ads by the party on issues such as policing and mental health.

Tory adverts, mostly seen by users over 45, criticise opposition leaders for wanting "to ignore our Brexit vote".

The Lib Dems and Labour both ran Brexit adverts, while Labour's also featured fox hunting and the environment.

In mid-September, the Conservative Party was running 691 adverts classed as active by Facebook, more than any other political party in the UK.

Many of the ads are identical, or minor variations on a theme, run multiple times.

The adverts have been viewed between half a million and 2.6 million times in total.

A Conservative Party official said many ads were no longer active, even though they appeared to be so.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49727121

Added:''In addition to the adverts funded by the central Conservative Party, some local Conservative associations have paid for and published ads accusing opposition leaders of "plotting" against Brexit.

These are being shown to older Facebook users at least 88% of the time, and mostly to men''

What the tories are agist and sexist?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:03:49 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #318 on September 22, 2019, 02:12:53 pm by SydneyRover »
Looking at probability and Johnson's character do you think he would have bent the rules to do this for a friend?

''Boris Johnson urged to justify 'awarding public funds to close friend'

PM allegedly gave money and access to trade missions to US entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri while mayor''

25K + a possible further 100K, nice of you can get it, I'll bet that would have come in handy when you made the decision to go solo HA.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/22/boris-johnson-urged-to-justify-awarding-public-funds-to-close-friend-jennifer-arcuri

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #319 on September 22, 2019, 03:43:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Looking at probability and Johnson's character do you think he would have bent the rules to do this for a friend?

PM allegedly gave money and access to trade missions to US entrepreneur Jennifer Arcuri while mayor''

25K + a possible further 100K, nice of you can get it, I'll bet that would have come in handy when you made the decision to go solo HA.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/22/boris-johnson-urged-to-justify-awarding-public-funds-to-close-friend-jennifer-arcuri

Is it just me that thinks he's spent public money just to get inside her knickers?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #320 on September 22, 2019, 04:28:58 pm by wilts rover »
Just noticed this. Alongside the Supreme Court making it's judgement on prorogation this week and Johnson hinting he will ignore the decision/prorogue parliament again if he looses, a new court case is being started in the Scottish Courts that will give the courts the authority to ask the EU for an extension if Johnson refuses to do so.

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1175762055053414401

• VSC Member
« Reply #321 on September 22, 2019, 04:40:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I dont really like that wilts.  Just as I dont like the thought of johnson breaking the law.  A better stance is if johnson breaks the law he should be disposed of his position.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #322 on September 22, 2019, 06:12:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Is it just me that thinks he's spent public money just to get inside her knickers?

Looking at that pic of her I reckon they'd be too tight for him.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #323 on September 22, 2019, 06:21:26 pm by wilts rover »
I dont really like that wilts.  Just as I dont like the thought of johnson breaking the law.  A better stance is if johnson breaks the law he should be disposed of his position.

I can't see it working myself BFYP. Then again I didn't think the courts would rule against his ability to prorogue so what do I know if current press reports are true.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #324 on September 23, 2019, 07:46:20 am by SydneyRover »
Can I say at this time I have always had great respect for Mr Murdoch and praise his efforts to bring the truth to the British public. :ohmy:

''Boris Johnson’s grants to ex-model Jennifer Arcuri ‘were an abuse of power

has been accused of abusing his political power and misusing public funds to assist an American businesswoman who accompanied him on official visits abroad.

The prime minister was urged to make a full disclosure yesterday over his relationship with Jennifer Arcuri, 34. Jeremy Corbyn said an investigation by The Sunday Times alleged an “abuse of power and misuse of public funds”. He criticised The Andrew Marr Show on BBC One for not pursuing the report because of what he called an establishment cover-up.
Ms Arcuri was said to have a chrome dancing pole in her flat in Shoreditch, east London, where the mayor was a visitor. She is thought to live in California now.
SUNDAY TIMES INSIGHT

Businesses owned by Ms Arcuri received more than £100,000 in public funds and she joined trade missions led by Mr Johnson, 55, when he was mayor of London, the newspaper reported. He was said to be a regular visitor to…'' paywall

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/boris-johnson-s-grants-to-ex-model-jennifer-arcuri-were-an-abuse-of-power-

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 07:49:07 am by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #325 on September 23, 2019, 08:07:15 am by SydneyRover »
Can I say at this time that ..........................  :rolleyes:

''HUSH HONEY Boris Johnson REFUSES to deny affair with ex-model businesswoman who he’s accused of helping win public cash

BORIS Johnson last night refused to deny an extramarital affair with a former model he may have helped win public cash.

The PM repeatedly declined to discuss allegations of a close friendship with former American businesswoman Jennifer Arcuri.''

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9983258/boris-johnson-affair-jennifer-arcuri-businesswoman/

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #326 on September 23, 2019, 11:10:30 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Looks like Rupe has turned against Boris. Perhaps Boris has been telling him his usual porkies without realising the consequences.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #327 on September 23, 2019, 11:25:04 am by SydneyRover »
''Boris Johnson has refused six times to address claims he failed to declare a potential conflict of interest in how money was given to a US businesswoman while he was London mayor.''

1-2-3-4-5-6 you're out

• VSC Member
« Reply #328 on September 23, 2019, 11:58:50 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Surely a question he needs to answer?  Perhaps not surprising that theres allegations like this against him though, it feels like that's the kind of guy he is, though I always think they all are...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #329 on September 24, 2019, 07:56:31 am by SydneyRover »
''Boris Johnson faces new pressure to answer questions about his relationship with ex-model, 34, as it emerges she received a FOURTH taxpayer handout worth £12,447''

Not hearing a lot from our boris fans?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7495921/Squirming-Boris-dodges-SIX-questions-ex-model.html

TinyPortal © 2005-2012