Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:46:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 127424 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #750 on December 03, 2019, 09:47:23 pm by SydneyRover »
Peter Oborne, former chief political commentator of The Daily Telegraph and a proper old school Tory is chronicling BJ's lies:

https://boris-johnson-lies.com/

Worth a read. A serious, fact-checked Tory journalist calling out an unserious, lie-based Tory journalist.

Agree H, good journalists will not stoop to writing rubbish just to satisfy a need for content and the Guardian will hire good journalists that write the truth.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #751 on December 03, 2019, 09:50:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

Not so in Don Valley this time. Or Rother Valley come to that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #752 on December 03, 2019, 10:00:19 pm by drfchound »
If that is the case BST, then I guess a big part of the reason could be the Brexit conundrum.
Those people who voted to leave will be wanting to make sure it goes ahead.
Maybe Labours stance on having a second referendum were they to win the GE isn’t good enough for them, given that a second referendum might just have a different outcome.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #753 on December 03, 2019, 10:36:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.
1) That's a non sequitur. We were talking about seats around here being forever Labour. I'm saying they're not. So this tired old line about another Labour vote just being...blah, blah...is just that. Tired and old. And wrong.

2) But ok. I'll address your point. Wouldn't it be shit for those who wanted Leave if it actually turned out that the country didn't actually want to leave at all when we found out what it meant? What an utter outrage against democracy eh? Having a vote!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #754 on December 03, 2019, 10:54:48 pm by drfchound »
On point one, the Brexit situation could be a reason for people not voting Labour, it could well be.

On point two, brexiteers are desperate for there not to be a second vote, they are running scared.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #755 on December 03, 2019, 11:08:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Point 1 wasn't about REASONS. It was about the fact that those seats (for whatever reasons) are currently believed to be marginals. So that old line about voting being pointless doesn't apply any more.

Point 2. I agree.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #756 on December 04, 2019, 06:54:15 am by Donnywolf »
.... AND as I ventured elsewhere SURELY Flint should be a cert ?

Labour Leave Voters will surely remember with affection how she has firmly fought for them in HOC to uphold what her constituents had voted for in Ref16 ..... and those (very very reluctantly to the power of 100 should do it) like me who voted to Remain and still want to Remain and dont want to split the Remain Vote - because I am hoping the Leavers in Don Valley WILL remember her position in the latter throes of this Parliament

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #757 on December 04, 2019, 10:15:23 pm by SydneyRover »
The utter contempt that Johnson holds for those planning to vote for him.

Johnson made claims that children of working mothers in low-income families were “unloved and undisciplined” and more likely to “mug you on the street corner”, it has emerged.

In a 2006 collection of journalism, entitled Have I Got Views for You, Johnson bemoaned the increasing tendency of women to work, saying they had been “socially gestapoed into the workplace”.

“In the last 30 years an ever-growing proportion of British women have been ‘incentivised’ or socially gestapoed into the workplace, on what seems to me to be the dubious assumption that the harder a woman works the happier she will be, when I am not sure that is true of women or anyone else,” he wrote.

Are you from a family where your mother worked, johnson is doubting your mother's ability to be able to do that and help rear the family. What a twisted f**k he is.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/04/boris-johnson-claimed-children-of-working-mothers-more-likely-to-mug-you

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #758 on December 05, 2019, 07:02:47 am by Donnywolf »
.... and amazingly he leads in the Polls

He keeps racking up the insults and the lies but voting as we do "Presidentially" he has (it seems) more that find him more appealing than Jeremy Corbyn

It should not be this way but unfortunately it is. We should not Vote for personalities but for Policies (and also remember history) but we dont - so I am preparing for grief in the very near future - then the medium term - and then more than likely in the long term

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #759 on December 05, 2019, 08:29:19 am by Not Now Kato »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here here.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #760 on December 05, 2019, 08:38:59 am by wing commander »
Donnywolf frankly I'm amazed that your amazed.it's been obvious for sometime,that Corbyn isn't liked by the British people,if Labour would have had a different leader we wouldn't even be talking about Bj.The only people he appeals to is the under 24's,the far left and the membership and that isn't even going to get close to making him pm...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #761 on December 05, 2019, 08:41:56 am by idler »
The daft thing is that the poorer a family is the more likely a woman would need to work.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #762 on December 05, 2019, 11:17:07 am by SydneyRover »
"Johnson apologises for article comparing women wearing burqas to letterboxes''

But he's ok they have taken him in for observation  :)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #763 on December 05, 2019, 12:20:59 pm by Donnywolf »
Donnywolf frankly I'm amazed that your amazed.it's been obvious for sometime,that Corbyn isn't liked by the British people,if Labour would have had a different leader we wouldn't even be talking about Bj.The only people he appeals to is the under 24's,the far left and the membership and that isn't even going to get close to making him pm...

Ha ha - yes - but you need not have been amazed as I have known for "ever" Corbyn is not popular and in fact is the proverbial millstone around Labours neck

There is a huge split in the Party and that will easily facilitate the Pinocchio Party gainin most Seats

I did post the other day but cant remember where a Tweet I saw last week which said :

Meanwhile in a Parallel universe David Milliband beat his Brother to become Labout Party Leader and none of this resultant s**t happened

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #764 on December 05, 2019, 12:34:19 pm by tommy toes »
I went out canvassing last night and I'm afraid Corbyn is the reason I got for those not voting Labour.
One bloke told me he was a lifelong Labour voter and trade unionist but couldn't now due to Corbyn.
I asked him why, he said he didn't believe a word he said and was voting Tory. ( For the liar in chief)
Unbelievable!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #765 on December 05, 2019, 01:41:58 pm by Sprotyrover »
That’s Avery sad indictment on today’s Labour Party I do hope it happens as they then need to take a long hard look at the party and get rid of the Momentum idiots and bring back some sanity.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #766 on December 05, 2019, 03:39:58 pm by tommy toes »
Yes and no sproty.
I agree that Labour should have had a more electable leader, however the constant drip drip of negative info from the overwhelming majority of the media is bound to have an effect and any other Labour leader would have had the same thrown at him or her.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #768 on December 05, 2019, 05:46:12 pm by wilts rover »
I take it people saw the Johnson interview on Peston last night?

If you didn't it is worth 15 mins of your time to find out why he doesn't actually know what 'get Brexit done' means and how many times Peston says 'you know that isn't true'

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1202549557307072512

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #769 on December 05, 2019, 06:22:08 pm by Filo »
Another interview he’s ducking

NEW: ITV News has just told me Boris Johnson will NOT be taking part in an interview with Julie Etchingham

ITV said: "Every other leader of Great Britain's main political parties that has been approached has done an interview for Tonight" @julieetchitv

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #770 on December 05, 2019, 06:22:43 pm by Sprotyrover »
Yes and no sproty.
I agree that Labour should have had a more electable leader, however the constant drip drip of negative info from the overwhelming majority of the media is bound to have an effect and any other Labour leader would have had the same thrown at him or her.

Yes but they are the main opposition party and they have some very good people on board,Caroline Flint. Dan Jarvis are 2 local ones that instantly spring to mind,there just seems to be several fringe groups which have now got a great deal of power and they are all pulling in different directions to different Agendas. 20 years ago you would never have dreamt that the Labour Party would have problems with Diversity!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #771 on December 05, 2019, 06:24:38 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Carolin Flint!??? CAROLINE f**kING FLINT!!!!!!!!!!???????????

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #772 on December 05, 2019, 06:49:25 pm by scawsby steve »
Carolin Flint!??? CAROLINE f**kING FLINT!!!!!!!!!!???????????

What, because she's backed 17.4 million of us, including 5 million Labour supporters? Also, I should remind you that she's representing a Donny constituency. Donny voted 69% for Brexit.

Are you getting the picture now?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #773 on December 05, 2019, 08:34:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is how to do it.

If Johnson won't attend an interview with Neil, run the interview questions without him.

This needs to be seen by everyone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1202670854410297344

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #774 on December 05, 2019, 08:39:17 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
This is how to do it.

If Johnson won't attend an interview with Neil, run the interview questions without him.

Quite right. Anyone who’s tempted to vote for Boris should watch this. Devastating.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #775 on December 05, 2019, 08:49:46 pm by Filo »
This is how to do it.

Quite right. Anyone who’s tempted to vote for Boris should watch this. Devastating.

They’ve even given him the questions so he can be prepared

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #776 on December 05, 2019, 08:56:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I'm 30 and he appeals to most of people I know around my age too. I'd probably say he appeals to people who don't read biased media, i.e. newspapers and can tell what is and isn't fake news.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #777 on December 05, 2019, 08:59:38 pm by scawsby steve »
I thought, according to some of you, that the BBC are biased against the Left?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #778 on December 05, 2019, 09:02:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This isn't about left and right SS. I'd expect them to do the same to any party leader who refused to be put in the spotlight. It shows an utter contempt for the electorate, and frankly, it shows a total lack of bottle.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #779 on December 05, 2019, 09:36:19 pm by SydneyRover »
It shows what a chicken shit Johnson is, AN is right if he can't face him how will he deal with world leaders?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012