Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:03:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson  (Read 126121 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson
« Reply #1470 on June 16, 2020, 08:27:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Such a great communicator that you quote him word for word.
Including the stutters.

Yep. I listened to it four times to try to figure out what on earth he was saying.

They aren't "stutters" in the conventional sense by they way. They are not someone knowing what they want to say and having a physio-emotional issue with being able to say it. My youngest stutters and it is painful to watch him struggle with it.

This is the slurring and struggling of a desperately badly prepared speaker. He couldn't even remember Rashford's f**king name at the start! And then, when he said "recen..." and then suddenly remembered he was supposed to say "today". Excruciating to listen to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1471 on June 16, 2020, 08:31:47 pm by drfchound »
But as I said, you quoted him word for word so he got your attention.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1472 on June 16, 2020, 08:34:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Kin ell, that IS a sophisticated communication style. Ramble like a tramp on a 10 pint bender so that everyone will stop and listen more carefully!

Genius.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1473 on June 16, 2020, 08:42:51 pm by wilts rover »
Fascinating that Johnson said he was only aware of the problem about there being no provision for children who receive free school meals through the summer holidays, today.

So who was it that answered the question from SKS at last week's PMQ's then?

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/pmqs-keir-starmer-claims-boris-johnson-flailing-around-trying-to-blame-others-as-leaders-clash-over-school-reopening

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1474 on June 16, 2020, 08:45:50 pm by drfchound »
Kin ell, that IS a sophisticated communication style. Ramble like a tramp on a 10 pint bender so that everyone will stop and listen more carefully!

Genius.

I haven't been rambling on though have I.
Simply saying the same thing over again a couple of times.
You are the one rambling on with the analysis of BJs comments.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1475 on June 16, 2020, 08:49:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I know we just accept that Johnson lies as easily as he breathes, but it's important to keep on pointing it out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1272929159740784640

Does anyone really believe he only became aware of Rashford's campaign very...err...very recen...to-today actually?

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #1476 on June 16, 2020, 09:12:16 pm by EasyforDennis »
I know we just accept that Johnson lies as easily as he breathes, but it's important to keep on pointing it out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1272929159740784640

Does anyone really believe he only became aware of Rashford's campaign very...err...very recen...to-today actually?

Unfortunately there are some of his followers who will actually believe it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1477 on June 16, 2020, 10:00:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Fascinating that now he's finally got to No10, he can't even be arsed to try to hide the fact that he lies as easily as he breathes.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #1478 on June 16, 2020, 10:28:46 pm by tommy toes »
BST
Sorry to hear about your son.
I had a bad stammer when I was a kid.
It's a terrible affliction and saps all your confidence and self worth.
I gradually got over it by initially avoiding words that began with W and D and replacing them with summat else. But it's always there.
Obviously there's more help for sufferers nowadays.
To this day, if I'm anxious or excited and a problem word is coming up it can resurface but I hide it well.
I've known Donnywolf for 40 years and I bet he's no idea about this.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1479 on June 16, 2020, 10:31:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cheers TT. I think my kid will be ok. He is regularly bubbling up with things he wants to say and I think it overwhelms him. In his case I think it's just a case of needing to be a little calmer. But yes it is very upsetting for him when it happens. Good to hear that you controlled it and I hope it is something that didn't affect you too badly.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1480 on June 16, 2020, 10:39:50 pm by Filo »
People are furloughed, some self employed have had nothing, a lot of people will lose their job, and Johnsons plane is having a make over because he doesn’t like the colour of it, really?

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnsons-jet-gets-austin-powers-makeover-12007923

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #1481 on June 16, 2020, 10:46:05 pm by MachoMadness »
Makes sense as part of Cummings' culture war strategy. Expect a lot more vapid, nationalist shit like this over the next few years. Anyone who takes issue with it will be harangued for not being patriotic enough, or for being anti-British. Racial tensions and nationalism are going to be deliberately stoked a lot over the next 4 years. Very worrying indeed. I don't think we've seen the last of violence on the streets, somehow.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #1482 on June 16, 2020, 10:46:52 pm by tommy toes »
Cheers TT. I think my kid will be ok. He is regularly bubbling up with things he wants to say and I think it overwhelms him. In his case I think it's just a case of needing to be a little calmer. But yes it is very upsetting for him when it happens. Good to hear that you controlled it and I hope it is something that didn't affect you too badly.

Sorry to say it did affect me badly at school. Bullied because of it.Rarely spoke in case I stuttered. Confidence shot etc.

Consequently hated school and didn't do anywhere near as well as I should.

I hope your lad gets the help and support he deserves from teachers etc.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1483 on June 16, 2020, 10:50:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Really sorry to hear that TT. Some kids are vile when they find a weakness. I despair at the sort of upbringing kids like that received to grow up with those values.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #1484 on June 17, 2020, 12:47:06 am by IDM »
People are furloughed, some self employed have had nothing, a lot of people will lose their job, and Johnsons plane is having a make over because he doesn’t like the colour of it, really?

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-johnsons-jet-gets-austin-powers-makeover-12007923

If he wants to fly around in a plane with the colours of the union flag, BA has plenty of them currently sitting idle.

If he can’t understand why a multi-role military aircraft is painted grey, then he should ask the Secretary of State for defence.

But like many of the departments which serve under his premiership, he knows f**k all about defence..

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1485 on June 17, 2020, 06:39:07 am by Donnywolf »
BST
Sorry to hear about your son.
I had a bad stammer when I was a kid.
It's a terrible affliction and saps all your confidence and self worth.
I gradually got over it by initially avoiding words that began with W and D and replacing them with summat else. But it's always there.
Obviously there's more help for sufferers nowadays.
To this day, if I'm anxious or excited and a problem word is coming up it can resurface but I hide it well.
I've known Donnywolf for 40 years and I bet he's no idea about this.

Too true I didnt - and to think we used to laugh at Khaki Kopper Kettle Kuwait Kings Bollege Bambridge

... what a silly Bunt (I feel now)

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #1486 on June 17, 2020, 10:21:44 am by auckleyflyer »
Funny how in the last two weeks the word patriot is being used?? Subversive and designed to shut down any criticism of so called patriots as to even question them put you as un-patriotic.
Look out for these divisive words becoming everyday normal vocabulary

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1487 on June 17, 2020, 11:27:14 am by Not Now Kato »

You think that's bad, (which it is), then this makes frightening reading....

https://www.britishdefence.co.uk/2020/02/19/has-voyager-been-value-for-money/

the last paragraph sums it up perfectly....

The sheer cost of the program coupled with the fact that the MoD completely failed to do their due diligence shows us that there is no scenario where the PFI contract is value for money. Without the exact numbers being available to us we are only able to make best guesses and despite this we can only conclude that the taxpayer has been completely ripped off!

So why has there been so little said about it in the mainstream media?  And who's palms have been greased along the way?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1488 on June 17, 2020, 12:12:49 pm by SydneyRover »
Maybe this is why they have to try and make up the money elsewhere Kato, I like like the straight bat KS plays, as below to the plan to Join DFID and the FO

''The Labour leader, Keir Starmer, responding to Johnson’s statement, described the move as “the tactics of pure distraction” from the country’s soaring unemployment and one of the highest Covid-19 death rates in the world.

“Abolishing DfID diminishes Britain’s place in the world,” he said. “There is no rationale for making this statement today. The prime minister should stop these distractions, and get on with the job of tackling the health and economic crisis we currently face.”''

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1489 on June 17, 2020, 12:25:49 pm by Donnywolf »
PMQs again - god it makes me s-p-e-w

Yes I know what the alternative is as I had a workmate who moaned every morning after Cannon and Ball had been on. He complained about every sketch and sometimes every facet of every Sketch

Arguably I should do the same as we used to say to him - just dont f*****g watch it.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #1490 on June 17, 2020, 12:57:25 pm by EasyforDennis »

Yes I know what the alternative is as I had a workmate who moaned every morning after Cannon and Ball had been on. He complained about every sketch and sometimes every facet of every Sketch

Arguably I should do the same as we used to say to him - just dont f*****g watch it.

Someone should tell him what PMQ's is about. It is for the leader of the opposition to question the PM not the other way round you useless pillock.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1491 on June 17, 2020, 02:27:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
What's been noticable about today's PMQs is the number of questions about things Boris has promised at previous PMQs that just haven't happened...

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #1492 on June 17, 2020, 04:02:22 pm by bobbymax »
See dear old Boris has been rear-ended by his own security detail outside Parliament today.
Always said he was a car crash waiting to happen!

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #1493 on June 17, 2020, 08:49:32 pm by Iberian Red »
With his educational background,I doubt it's the first time he's been rear ended.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1494 on June 17, 2020, 09:10:16 pm by Donnywolf »

Someone should tell him what PMQ's is about. It is for the leader of the opposition to question the PM not the other way round you useless pillock.

Liar Johnson finds yet another way to avoid the awkward questions (apart from the plants from his own side of course)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #1495 on June 18, 2020, 12:03:33 pm by Not Now Kato »
So, it looks like liar Johnson lied in Parliament yesterday....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-child-poverty-school-meal-vouchers-marcus-rashford-a9571221.html

Looks like our disaster of a PM has gone full Trump!  Openly lying is the new truth!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1497 on June 20, 2020, 04:35:12 am by Donnywolf »
Idiots (who when Brexit Secretary) - stunned everyone - Raab's ignorance of Dover-Calais stuns critics

Brexit secretary ‘hadn’t quite understood the full extent’ to which UK was reliant on the strait that also did not realise the Dover to Calais route was so important to our economy

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/08/dominic-raab-dover-calais-brexit-uk-france

And to think we was a front runner for PM

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1498 on June 21, 2020, 12:28:04 am by SydneyRover »
''Russia report: UK MPs condemn 'utterly reprehensible' delay

Failure to establish key scrutiny committee is also criticised as ‘unprecedented underhand behaviour’''

''The Intelligence and Security Committee (ISC) has not met since before the general election in December – its longest break since it was established in 1994 – and critics say the government has sat on the committee’s report into Russian interference for nine months''

I think it's overegging it to call it interference from the russians when it's obvious to most that they were cooperating very closely with the conservative party and johnson in particular, he must have been absolutely loving the attention, 'you're so clever boris, so handsome' here let me top up your drink boris'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/20/russia-report-uk-mps-condemn-utterly-reprehensible-delay

the government doesn't like important meeting do they? I suppose they don't want to hear more bad news as a consequence of their decision making which I can fully understand.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1499 on June 21, 2020, 04:57:39 am by Donnywolf »
''Russia report: UK MPs condemn 'utterly reprehensible' delay"

Unfortunately those  MPs will be nearly ALL of the Opposition MPs - AND probably quite a few Goverment MPs - however if it ever came to a vote the Tory MPs would fall in line almost to a man or woman

They wouldnt want to vote themselves out of a job now would they ?

PR is the only way to try to ensure we dont get the current style of politic forever. Stop extremism from wherever it comes - thats the theory

https://www.makevotesmatter.org.uk/home

If you want a "quick" look just go to the John Cleese video which nails it in 5 minutes
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 05:08:41 am by Donnywolf »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012