Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:31:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 55671 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #450 on July 31, 2019, 04:24:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
As for people saying that £2m is a decent fee, who says we are getting £2m ?

Liam Hoden/Free Press.

Must be gospel then eh !!

I usually find him very reliable.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #451 on July 31, 2019, 04:28:01 pm by 5minstogo »

Liam Hoden/Free Press.

Either believe information from a reliable source close to the club or just make your own mind up. It's up to you.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #452 on July 31, 2019, 04:31:14 pm by drfchound »

Liam Hoden/Free Press.

Either believe information from a reliable source close to the club or just make your own mind up. It's up to you.

It is unlikely we will ever get to know anyway.
The fee will be undisclosed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #453 on July 31, 2019, 04:33:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We need to be getting bids in ASAP.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #454 on July 31, 2019, 04:33:57 pm by Jonathan »
I hope we haven’t waited for him to go before we make moves for targets. We risk clubs putting prices up if they are aware we have received a decent fee.

That is unless we’re just wanting to plug gaps with loans.

Tazemma

• Forum Member
« Reply #455 on July 31, 2019, 04:35:20 pm by Tazemma »
Anyone fancy Gary hooper on a free. Be able to offer a decent wage now

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #456 on July 31, 2019, 04:37:16 pm by Fal »
Personally think close to 2 million is a great deal for us at this stage, shame it had to wait until a few days before the season starts but at least this saga ends and another one opens.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #457 on July 31, 2019, 04:38:37 pm by GazLaz »
I hope we haven’t waited for him to go before we make moves for targets. We risk clubs putting prices up if they are aware we have received a decent fee.

That is unless we’re just wanting to plug gaps with loans.

I’d like to see us identify a good young striker and invest 500k with the hope of making a good profit again.

Aisley Drfc Leeman

• Forum Member
« Reply #458 on July 31, 2019, 04:41:48 pm by Aisley Drfc Leeman »
It’s always going to be a sad day when we loose are main man but also how often do DRFC have an opportunity like this where the manager is told u have around 2 million to build a team , could be an exciting time ahead
No room for such positivity on here son!! ;)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #459 on July 31, 2019, 04:43:30 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Liam Hoden/Free Press.

It is unlikely we will ever get to know anyway.
The fee will be undisclosed.

Be fairly easy to see in the full accounts as he will be valued at zero in the accounts so it will be a gain on disposal.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #460 on July 31, 2019, 04:56:05 pm by Sprotyrover »
Looks like the Board are happy to stay in the top ten of league one! From some of the posts I’ve seen on here the Championship is an expensive league to be in. Most clubs losing £15 million per annum. I’m just disappointed that we have sold to a rival club as this Forum is going to be Hell for at least 12 months!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #461 on July 31, 2019, 04:59:13 pm by the vicar »
Gavin B did say the money from his sale would go to team building ie a replacement for JM

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #462 on July 31, 2019, 05:02:21 pm by IDM »
Looks like the Board are happy to stay in the top ten of league one! From some of the posts I’ve seen on here the Championship is an expensive league to be in. Most clubs losing £15 million per annum. I’m just disappointed that we have sold to a rival club as this Forum is going to be Hell for at least 12 months!

Please justify your opening statement.?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #463 on July 31, 2019, 05:07:55 pm by Jonathan »
I don’t think it’s fair to judge ambition (or any perceived lack of) until our transfer activity has been concluded. Right now that must surely be a long way off. We have to be honest, if we are to challenge for promotion then incomings are needed with some sense of urgency now. Let’s trust it’s happening and hope for some much needed good news very soon.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #464 on July 31, 2019, 05:12:09 pm by scawsby steve »

If the board are happy to stay in the top ten Sproty, why on Earth would they say they want top 6 again this season, as failure to do that will just make the club look like under-achievers?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #465 on July 31, 2019, 05:13:41 pm by RedJ »

If the board are happy to stay in the top ten Sproty, why on Earth would they say they want top 6 again this season, as failure to do that will just make the club look like under-achievers?
Didn't you know everything is a conspiracy and they're just saying it to sell season tickets?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #466 on July 31, 2019, 05:14:23 pm by Sprotyrover »

Because I have not seen anything in recent weeks to suggest otherwise, and today a rival club has forked out £2 million on a proven 20 plus goal scorer. And what have we done ? Sold a 20 plus goal scorer to a rival team. It doesn’t take any working out does it? Let’s see what happens in the next few days.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #467 on July 31, 2019, 05:16:45 pm by Campsall rover »
As IDM has said already, how do you justify that opening statement. What evidence do you have?
The Board have stated on numerous occasions “ promotion is the target “
Are you saying the Board are liars?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #468 on July 31, 2019, 05:18:18 pm by Dare to dream! »
It’s a shame this didn’t come earlier because we could have invested in signing Wilks on a permanent.

But overall sad to see him go but glad we haven’t been mugged off on the fee front.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #469 on July 31, 2019, 05:18:34 pm by IDM »

Because I have not seen anything in recent weeks to suggest otherwise, and today a rival club has forked out £2 million on a proven 20 plus goal scorer. And what have we done ? Sold a 20 plus goal scorer to a rival team. It doesn’t take any working out does it? Let’s see what happens in the next few days.

Ah, so things haven’t happened immediately to your satisfaction then..

Has Marquis actually gone yet.?  Did you read the DFP site about the club looking for replacement.?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #470 on July 31, 2019, 05:20:42 pm by sha66y »
When is the time to start getting concerened, the trialists were supposed to be getting a decision on Monday, then it was Tuesday, now its Wednesday and not a hint of anyone coming in, I think we are being fed the same old manegerial bullshit

Just because things aren’t concluded in public doesn’t mean they’re not happening..

Now I don’t know one way or another what is going on, but who knew anything about our new GK before his announcement.?

We kept being told to be patient, the season starts in 3 days, we have a threadbare squad, how patient do we have to be, we don’t want to be playing catch up, there are 6 league games before the window closes, 18 points to play for and we are nowhere near prepared

That’s just your opinion....

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #471 on July 31, 2019, 05:21:58 pm by Campsall rover »

Your reply came in a bit quick. Before my previous post.

Ok then what are we supposed to do. We assume JM was offered a much higher wage.
Portsmouth are a bigger club than us with gates over twice as large.
JM’s contract has 12 months on it, so are we supposed to keep a player who want’s to go and end up with nothing in 12 months.
That is not a lack of ambition it is just the real football world.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 05:25:09 pm by Campsall rover »

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #472 on July 31, 2019, 05:22:51 pm by Boomstick »

Lip service

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #473 on July 31, 2019, 05:23:49 pm by IDM »
:facepalm:

podrover73

• Forum Member
« Reply #474 on July 31, 2019, 05:25:46 pm by podrover73 »
If a club meets the asking price and the player wants to go, what choice do we have, regardless of the division.?
Don't sell him to a promotion rival, and for less than he's worth, and 4 days before first game of the season Its THAT simple.

If this happens, it will tell alit of the true ambition of the board

That's won me a pint. Cheers.
Just need a comment from 'Esdailles left foot ' for a full house at moaners bingo

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #475 on July 31, 2019, 05:28:44 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Lip service

Bet you're a delight to live with for the 12 month leading up to Christmas every year.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 05:52:53 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #476 on July 31, 2019, 05:28:59 pm by Sprotyrover »

Your reply came in a bit quick.
Ok then what are we supposed to do. We assume JM was offered a much higher wage.
Portsmouth are a bigger club than us with gates over twice as large.
JM’s contract has 12 months on it, so are we supposed to keep a player who want’s to go and end up with nothing in 12 months.
That is not a lack of ambition it is just the real football world.
Hey I have been trailing around supporting Doncaster Rovers since 1973. I don’t normally say anything detrimental about the club but my opinion is that we are happy to stay in this Division in the top ten,when I see this wonderful replacement appear on the scene I may change my mind, but not until.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #477 on July 31, 2019, 05:29:17 pm by sha66y »
Marquis should only be allowed to leave when we have our targets nailed down as well as the fee being agreed .

Strange statement but why do you think that?
should we bind and gag him then leave him in the basement?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #478 on July 31, 2019, 05:29:23 pm by Boomstick »
Whilst we may start the season short of a full squad, the transfer window doesn’t shut until September.  Today it is still July.

6 League games from now until September, lets hope we go injury free till then with our starting 11, because there is no back up at all

I didn’t mean we don’t need to sign anyone until just before the end of the window..!
So when do we need to sign them by?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #479 on July 31, 2019, 05:30:30 pm by PDX_Rover »
Good business imo. No guarantee Marquis will come good at Pompey. And goes against his desire for championship football this season. But he’s been brilliant for us, so good luck to him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012