Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:15:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 55912 times)

vaya

• Forum Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #90 on July 25, 2019, 01:15:43 pm by vaya »
Against all the odds, a discussion actually about football has broken out.

Must be the heat.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 25, 2019, 03:38:05 pm by steve@dcfd »
For me I would like to see three new players behind John. Pace, height, creativity and goal scorers. Crawford, Copps and Sadlier would be on the bench. Copps would be in there if we could only sign two quality players.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 25, 2019, 03:40:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
Matty Blair is a useful utility player who can cover 2 or 3 positions. He isn’t technically good enough on the ball to play centrally in midfield

He can’t pass consistently to play midfield utility player at best to cover right back and front three. Bench sitter

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 26, 2019, 01:38:56 pm by Dare to dream! »
Blades have today signed Ben Osbourne from Forest for £5m. This could push the Marquis to Forest deal through if the rumours are to believed.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 26, 2019, 03:55:36 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I'd take 500k and a Tyler Walker for him think he'd be one we could sell again for more than Marquis in the end. if they don't want to sell £2m and a season long loan would sort our replacement out for the season at least

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 26, 2019, 04:04:11 pm by Dare to dream! »
I watched Tyler Walker play for Mansfield in play offs against Newport. He was dog shit.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 26, 2019, 04:07:09 pm by dickos1 »
Well he got into the team of the year so I assume that was just a poor game

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on July 26, 2019, 04:16:51 pm by grayx »
I'd take 500k and a Tyler Walker for him think he'd be one we could sell again for more than Marquis in the end. if they don't want to sell £2m and a season long loan would sort our replacement out for the season at least
Thats the kind of signing i’d like to see tbh.
A young lad with potential whose best days should still be to come.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on July 26, 2019, 04:26:42 pm by ravenrover »
I watched Tyler Walker play for Mansfield in play offs against Newport. He was dog shit.
[/quote
You watched him for 1 game presumably on the tellybox and came to that conclusion!!? Strange that, my builder who has been a season ticket hold,  for yeats at Mansfield really rated him and he watched him all last season. Think I know whose idea of a decent player I would take

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on July 26, 2019, 04:36:30 pm by RoversAlias »

500k!? Walker in exchange is not worth £1m-£1.5m. We'd be getting ripped off in a deal like that.

Not saying Walker wouldn't be a decent signing like, but we can't be selling Marquis for peanuts.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on July 26, 2019, 05:01:07 pm by sha66y »
For me I would like to see three new players behind John. Pace, height, creativity and goal scorers. Crawford, Copps and Sadlier would be on the bench. Copps would be in there if we could only sign two quality players.

And if that doesn’t happen are ya just gonna whinge and whine for the whole of the season screaming “ I told you so, I told you so “

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on July 26, 2019, 05:28:00 pm by Red wizard »
For me we have to hope we can pick up a good loan player or 2 for the attacking area of the side. We haven't got the funds to sign a proven 15-20 goal a season striker. There also isn't many who get that many goals. So we either take a gamble on a lower league striker or we get a prem teams youngster. Even a striker from the conference who gets 20 goals is costing 250 K plus add ons. Lucky for us we have a proven striker we just have to hold on to him. Every side in the league is looking for a goal scorer so I can understand why we haven't found one yet.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on July 26, 2019, 05:40:57 pm by IDM »
Who says we don’t have the funds.??

Plus, at the moment we have one of the best L1 strikers.  If he goes, we definitely would have funds..  a league 1 or lower prolific striker going to another league 1 club is going to cost less than one going to the championship.!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on July 26, 2019, 05:52:54 pm by Metalmicky »

500k!? Walker in exchange is not worth £1m-£1.5m. We'd be getting ripped off in a deal like that.

Not saying Walker wouldn't be a decent signing like, but we can't be selling Marquis for peanuts.

In a years time we won't have a choice...

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on July 26, 2019, 06:07:06 pm by sha66y »
For me we have to hope we can pick up a good loan player or 2 for the attacking area of the side. We haven't got the funds to sign a proven 15-20 goal a season striker. There also isn't many who get that many goals. So we either take a gamble on a lower league striker or we get a prem teams youngster. Even a striker from the conference who gets 20 goals is costing 250 K plus add ons. Lucky for us we have a proven striker we just have to hold on to him. Every side in the league is looking for a goal scorer so I can understand why we haven't found one yet.

Ya said “ we” 7 times?
do you mean Darren Moore the Manager, or we the supporters?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on July 26, 2019, 06:11:47 pm by scawsby steve »

Ya said “ we” 7 times?

When we talk about the Rovers, we always refer to them as "we".

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on July 26, 2019, 06:26:05 pm by selby »
 We are all one aren't we?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on July 26, 2019, 06:29:16 pm by sha66y »
It doesn’t matter what “ we “ want....

that way only leads to disappointment and despondency..lol

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on July 26, 2019, 06:35:07 pm by RoversAlias »

I'm talking in terms of now though, not next year. If we sell Marquis now we can get upwards of £2m for him, far more than 500k.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on July 26, 2019, 06:47:49 pm by the vicar »
If we could get upward 2m then why has no one put in a decent bid or nothing in weeks

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on July 26, 2019, 06:50:14 pm by Metalmicky »

I'm talking in terms of now though, not next year. If we sell Marquis now we can get upwards of £2m for him, far more than 500k.

I think that you are delusional - if we get £1m for Marquis I think the club will be more than content.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on July 26, 2019, 06:58:31 pm by the vicar »
If he extends his contact and he gets another 20+ then we will get more for him

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on July 26, 2019, 07:02:09 pm by Metalmicky »
If he extends his contact and he gets another 20+ then we will get more for him

Agreed...... we'll probably get another 20+ for him - although I think he has to pass his 11 plus yet

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on July 26, 2019, 10:30:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

What i'm saying is we'd get a replacement we'd probably have to pay a fair bit for (so a chunk of any Marquis money is gone) and he'd have better resale value than Marquis. Don't think forest would go for that anyway probably not much in it between Marquis and Walker in reality

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on July 26, 2019, 10:36:17 pm by drfchound »

Ya said “ we” 7 times?

You have referred to DRFC as we at least twice on another thread.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on July 26, 2019, 11:28:36 pm by since-1969 »

I think that you are delusional - if we get £1m for Marquis I think the club will be more than content.
How many goals has he scored and how many could he still , I doubt money is the problem . I would imagine JM has been told he could play at a higher level and just wants the opportunity. If he doesn’t go to Championship club then he may just go to a club who will just pay him more money .

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on July 26, 2019, 11:32:07 pm by Spilsby Red »
Or he stays at DRFC, main striker who gives his all, would he want to go to a club where he isn’t number 1 striker. We gave him his opportunity and maybe he might repay that. Just a thought !!!!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on July 26, 2019, 11:48:54 pm by since-1969 »
Or he stays at DRFC, main striker who gives his all, would he want to go to a club where he isn’t number 1 striker. We gave him his opportunity and maybe he might repay that. Just a thought !!!!
It has been his success that has turned his head and the recognition that went with it . He is a 1st rate player and person . If he starts the season imo he will see it through . It’s endless speculation that creates problems when he hasn’t even put in a transfer request .

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on July 27, 2019, 12:12:00 am by PDX_Rover »
Obviously we do..... look at the evidence, all the big earners getting replaced with kids and loans you lot need to smell the gravy there’s clearly something not right.... I might be wrong but I severely doubt it, if they were serious about the championship they could do a lot more but they don’t want it it’s obvious, it’s time they went.

Wow. What an amazingly ignorant post that is. Truly amazing. And you claim to be a fan? I dare you to ask that at the next MTO.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on July 27, 2019, 12:17:26 am by PDX_Rover »
We’ve brought in five players haven’t we?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012