Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:24:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Donations  (Read 1698 times)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Donations
« on June 26, 2020, 09:48:26 am by graingrover »
I have robbed my piggy bank and contributed to this appeal on DROS ..but it is all very low key at least for now ,at a time of obvious need for maximum financial assistance from the fan base .I am not talking just about not claiming back season tickets money for games not played but making an extra effort for this extraordinary Community club

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
Re: Donations
« Reply #1 on June 26, 2020, 10:00:35 am by selby »
 Agree Grainge, until I saw your post I was going to give the original thread a bump as it seems to have stalled. I contributed by phone this morning to the ticket office.
   We have great supporters and those that are able I am sure will make a contribution, but it does need the publicity and all of them to have the information.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 26, 2020, 11:13:57 am by RoversAlias »
What else do you want them to do at the moment exactly? They have pushed it on the website and on social media, they can't exactly walk around Doncaster Town centre with a megaphone, can they?

Also have to bear in mind it will be a skeleton staff actually working at the moment so sending out e-mails or phone calls to every single Rovers supporter wouldn't exactly be viable.

There has been a huge response online to this and lots even asking how they can contribute to helping the club without having ST/Memberships. The club has been prompt in responding to those people too.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 26, 2020, 12:53:08 pm by knockers »
I'm not aware that a mail shot has gone out to everyone on the database. That would be a start.
I've certainly not received one nor one for the initial ticket donation.

Do you not think that they are missing a trick somewhere!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 26, 2020, 12:58:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm not aware that a mail shot has gone out to everyone on the database. That would be a start.
I've certainly not received one nor one for the initial ticket donation.

Do you not think that they are missing a trick somewhere!

Tend to agree on this, surely not too hard to send an email out to all ticket holders at least?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 26, 2020, 01:22:05 pm by silent majority »
Steady on folks!

Firstly we have just one member of staff who is operating from home rather than the box office, everybody else is furloughed.

That one member of staff has had 1000 emails this week, plus phone calls, online requests and lottery subscriptions to process.

In addition, the club felt that each contribution should be dealt with personally, rather than 'take the money and run' approach. Which is why you've seen so many members of staff actually tweeting to everybody personally who approached in this way.

Don't forget this could be a long haul, so the comms will all follow at a point in time. It doesn't have to be done this week. Emails and letters will follow.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 26, 2020, 01:44:04 pm by knockers »
A little defensive!
Folk are only saying that there could have been more pro-active marketing of this and if i didn't come on this site i would not have known about either of these two schemes and therefore would not have donated my last seasons matches.
How can that be right?

And, i think you might find that there are two people at least as i had had a mail from Suzanne and saw Claire when i went into the Chamber of Commerce this week.

So don't be telling folk to "Steady on" when all they are wanting to do is to ensure that the two great schemes get maximum exposure 

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 26, 2020, 01:50:15 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Some good ideas already on this thread, but I have to say the initiative from the club is already a good start IMHO - as an exile across some water I have aleady donated easily and happily.  :thumbsup: :scarf:

P.S. And I also had a good and timely email response to a query I had.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:53:14 pm by Dutch Uncle »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 26, 2020, 02:05:36 pm by silent majority »
A little defensive!
Folk are only saying that there could have been more pro-active marketing of this and if i didn't come on this site i would not have known about either of these two schemes and therefore would not have donated my last seasons matches.
How can that be right?

And, i think you might find that there are two people at least as i had had a mail from Suzanne and saw Claire when i went into the Chamber of Commerce this week.

So don't be telling folk to "Steady on" when all they are wanting to do is to ensure that the two great schemes get maximum exposure 

Wow, a bit OTT.

I was just asking folk to steady up.

And Claire doesn't work in the box office so, as I said 1 member of the box office team is working from home.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 26, 2020, 02:59:54 pm by selby »
  RA, I am not in any way criticising anyone at the club or anyone else, Up to this morning I had not received any notification on line which I see I now have.
  I appreciate not all the staff are working, which I didn't until you pointed it out but point taken.
   Since my donation a member of staff have contacted me personally to thank me personally for the donation which was surprising and a great response from the club which is appreciated but not in any way expected, nor required, I have had great enjoyment over many years watching the team with lots of great friends whose company I enjoy, and great memories of going with my father.
  I don't think that I could ever give in monetary terms what the club have meant to me and my family over those years, I just hope that the donations I and others give help the club through at this terrible time.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 26, 2020, 04:42:32 pm by roversdude »
I’ve had a great prompt response from Suzanne so I think any criticism is way over the top

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 26, 2020, 05:02:40 pm by Draytonian III »
Likewise with my email she replied within 10 minutes and sorted out my change/renewal of bank card. I’ve never had any problems with the office staff, but then perhaps it’s because I’m always polite with them .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 26, 2020, 05:36:56 pm by drfchound »
The office staff are always polite and on the ball.
I got a nice reply very quickly on this.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 26, 2020, 06:06:28 pm by graingrover »
Nobody is attacking the club on this ..making stickies on here might help ..for as on DROS ..an announcement soon disappears from view .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012