Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 03:15:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Get those two strikers in asap!  (Read 34209 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Get those two strikers in asap!
« Reply #270 on August 06, 2019, 10:01:29 pm by Filo »
Why do people expect constant statements in the media from the powers that be? Why do we think we're entitled to know absolutely everything that's going on? Football clubs just don't operate that way and it isn't some massive conspiracy when things the club are doing behind closed doors fall through. Terry Bramall is worth a few hundred million, I doubt he goes home at night and plots how he can scam us out of three hundred quid for our season ticket.

Three hundred quid?

I’ve been scammed, mine was more than that 😩

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #271 on August 06, 2019, 10:02:52 pm by since-1969 »
So YOU don’t give a flying F then! Most of us do when I bought my ST in April !it we still had a team that got through to the playoffs . Not now we don’t .?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #272 on August 06, 2019, 10:03:40 pm by jackthelad »
Why do people expect constant statements in the media from the powers that be? Why do we think we're entitled to know absolutely everything that's going on? Football clubs just don't operate that way and it isn't some massive conspiracy when things the club are doing behind closed doors fall through. Terry Bramall is worth a few hundred million, I doubt he goes home at night and plots how he can scam us out of three hundred quid for our season ticket.

Exactly. We've rejected a bid and it's in the news and I'm sure when Darren is asked the inevitable question he will say the same thing.

Nohhig needs to be said whatsoever until a deal is done.   Things are going on behind the scenes. I'm sure Darren isn't sat at home playing on his PlayStation.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #273 on August 06, 2019, 10:05:45 pm by Filo »

Exactly. We've rejected a bid and it's in the news and I'm sure when Darren is asked the inevitable question he will say the same thing.

Nohhig needs to be said whatsoever until a deal is done.   Things are going on behind the scenes. I'm sure Darren isn't sat at home playing on his PlayStation.

He might be when he gets back from the New York Stadium 🤪

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on August 06, 2019, 10:05:58 pm by IDM »
So YOU don’t give a flying F then! Most of us do when I bought my ST in April !it we still had a team that got through to the playoffs . Not now we don’t .?

We have played one game and the transfer window is still open..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on August 06, 2019, 10:07:14 pm by since-1969 »
Just as well

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on August 06, 2019, 10:09:14 pm by Filo »

Perhaps a smarter person with the same outlook as you would wait until the last week of the close season to decide wether to buy one, rather than bleat about buying it when you had no idea of the make up of the squad

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on August 06, 2019, 10:21:17 pm by since-1969 »
Never thought , I just assumed nothing would change and we’d get stuck into getting promotion instead of having a sale if all our assets  . Let’s face it new broom 🧹

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on August 06, 2019, 10:21:53 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Where is this statement,  only he didn’t tell them anything but come back when your serious ? Now put a £10 m figure on his head IS saying  F off !

Oh god you make me so want to worship at ‘Your Temple’. Tell ‘em as it is ‘Oh Enlightened One’. Dare I....without trying to upstage ‘Your Vision’...make it £15 then when they agree, tell them to F off?!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on August 06, 2019, 10:30:07 pm by RedJ »
Forgot I said I don't give a f**k. Could you kindly point out to me where I said that?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #280 on August 06, 2019, 10:39:04 pm by drfchound »

Many of us are RTID, not Rovers TIL we sell our players or lose a match.
I bought my season ticket so I could watch the Rovers this season, whoever is wearing the hoops.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on August 06, 2019, 11:13:22 pm by Draytonian III »
⬆️⬆️⬆️ Snap

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #282 on August 07, 2019, 12:04:57 am by RoversAlias »
Last two pages of this thread are a microcosm of exactly why it's been such a bloody hard read on here this summer.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on August 07, 2019, 05:04:49 am by mpc123 »
Never thought , I just assumed nothing would change and we’d get stuck into getting promotion instead of having a sale if all our assets  . Let’s face it new broom 🧹

Yawn

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #284 on August 07, 2019, 07:29:01 am by sha66y »

Are you categorically stating that the team that will play this season isn’t going to make the play offs?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #285 on August 07, 2019, 07:43:53 am by sha66y »
We've not made a marquee signing since Billy sharp and I can't see it changing any time soon. Tight as a ducks arse
if you’re as clever as you try to make out I assume you’re a self made millionaire too.
Therefore, put your own money where your large mouth is!!
Those who are fortunate are now playing the game their way now and we are just made to Look on and wait to see who they say is a Rovers player and who we should support. So we are just sheep really!!

This is the most factual statement you have uttered :

Those who are fortunate are now playing the game their way now and we are just made to Look on and wait to see who they say is a Rovers player and who we should support. So we are just sheep really!!
[/quote]

I think this is the standard blue print for every club in the world....and you kept this little gem all to yourself....shame on you

We  sheep are gonna continue to file into Stadiums across the globe, paying our fee to be somewhat entertained, if you or any of the others that feel the same as you, do not want to conform then cancel your season tickets until DRFC have a team that meets your standard...

In the meantime please feel free to look at other teams local or further afield that may have the right board of directors , perhaps a director of football, a manager that tannoys every future player to be purchased, and the perfect team to entertain you....,

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on August 07, 2019, 07:44:52 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Calm down folks! We will get new players in. Just because it’s not as quick as some here would like doesn’t indicate we’re willing to accept a lack of quality. I realise that these days it’s all about instant gratification and we want everything now, but often business isn’t like that. We are not the richest club in the world, so when we do spend we cannot fall into the trap of panic buying just to tick a box. After the Summer we’ve had we’re in a position where we’re having to rebuild at the beginning of the season as opposed to pre season.

Look, the Rovers are owned and run by a group of people who are not only very successful in their professional lives but are also supporters of the club. Fewer and fewer clubs can say that and the Board are much better placed than anyone on here to understand how to run the club successfully. They delivered with the new Manager and there’s absolutely no reason to believe that they won’t deliver with players.

As for the ‘WUM’s’ that have appeared on here recently, just ignore them. They’re not interested in debate, they just want to get a rise out of you. Ignore them & they’ll drift back to Twitter.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:49:02 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on August 07, 2019, 10:51:05 am by Copps is Magic »
According to this we're looking at 36 year old Daryl Murphy. Hope not! Even his current manager talks about him in the past tense (see article).

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-interest-in-daryl-murphy-update-1-6202859

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on August 07, 2019, 10:55:59 am by jackthelad »
According to this we're looking at 36 year old Daryl Murphy. Hope not! Even his current manager talks about him in the past tense (see article).

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-interest-in-daryl-murphy-update-1-6202859

He definitely knows where the net is but I wouldn't want to rely on him too heavily at 36. At the moment I'd take him as long as there is a younger one coming in too.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #289 on August 07, 2019, 10:59:04 am by Copps is Magic »
Last season he scored 4 in 28 league games. I'm sure we can find a much younger version of that somewhere else.

The club has got to focus on the long term vision.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on August 07, 2019, 11:00:22 am by jackthelad »
Last season he scored 4 in 28 league games. I'm sure we can find a much younger version of that somewhere else.

Big difference between championship and league one though and the pressures of playing for Forest in comparison to us. He's scored goals at a higher level all his career.

I'd take him on a short term deal as cover for a younger striker.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on August 07, 2019, 11:01:19 am by Retdon1 »

He definitely knows where the net is but I wouldn't want to rely on him too heavily at 36. At the moment I'd take him as long as there is a younger one coming in too.

My neighbour is a forest season ticket holder. He’s been moaning about Murphy for the past year or so saying he’s one of the worst players he’s seen in a forest shirt ( he’s been going for over 40 years ). 

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on August 07, 2019, 11:02:34 am by Copps is Magic »

Big difference between championship and league one though and the pressures of playing for Forest in comparison to us. He's scored goals at a higher level all his career.

There is a difference, but look at his career trajectory. He peeked in 14/15 (!) and has consistently been on the decline ever since.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on August 07, 2019, 11:08:49 am by Retdon1 »

There is a difference, but look at his career trajectory. He peeked in 14/15 (!) and has consistently been on the decline ever since.

Looking at his career stats he’s a 1/4 for his goal scorer record, whereas marquis is a 1/3, so that doesn’t tie in with what Moore said

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #294 on August 07, 2019, 11:16:03 am by Move DRFC »
Starting to get slightly concerned that these strikers 'had' a similar record to Marquis.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on August 07, 2019, 11:24:24 am by RedJ »

What did he peek at?

:coat:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on August 07, 2019, 12:11:50 pm by Jonathan »
I can’t see Murphy being one of the two. The reports are that bids have been accepted and I can’t imagine a fee being paid for a 36 year old with a sparse record in recent years.

Rumours have also resurfaced (admittedly with questionable credibility) about Jonson Clarke-Harris. He splits the crowd on here after an inauspicious loan spell a good few years back, but I’d be really happy if he was one of DM’s targets. His career is moving in the right direction, he scored goals last season and he’s got power and pace that we need. He’d be a good forward looking addition in my view. 

Wheatley

« Reply #297 on August 07, 2019, 12:33:29 pm by Wheatley »
New to the forum...ive heard a couple of rumours...the 2 strikers are both currently at championship clubs...

PACMAN

• VSC Member
« Reply #298 on August 07, 2019, 12:33:30 pm by PACMAN »
I can’t see Murphy being one of the two. The reports are that bids have been accepted and I can’t imagine a fee being paid for a 36 year old with a sparse record in recent years.

Rumours have also resurfaced (admittedly with questionable credibility) about Jonson Clarke-Harris. He splits the crowd on here after an inauspicious loan spell a good few years back, but I’d be really happy if he was one of DM’s targets. His career is moving in the right direction, he scored goals last season and he’s got power and pace that we need. He’d be a good forward looking addition in my view. 

I can't see it being Murphy either, goes against everything the board have said about developing players etc.

As for JCH, maybe a Leopard can change its spots but he was everything I didn't want during in that loan spell, lazy, arrogant and not a team player. Hopefully he's grown up and realised what he needs to do to be a successful footballer, lets hope so if he signs.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #299 on August 07, 2019, 12:38:42 pm by IDM »
JCH was scoring for fun at Bristol Rovers for the second half of last season.. he looks a lot better than in his loan spell here a few seasons ago..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012