Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:36:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Two strikers  (Read 16307 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Two strikers
« Reply #30 on August 08, 2019, 02:17:16 pm by keith79 »
Sm said our budget was bigger than last seasons

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 08, 2019, 02:17:51 pm by Copps is Magic »
Liam Hoden just posted the two strikers are still a possibility. Oh dear OP.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 08, 2019, 02:23:52 pm by Retdon1 »

And there is no reason to doubt what SM says But look at the players who have left in the last 2 years and what we have brought in. We must have a fortune left in the budget but for some reason McCan didn’t spend it and Moore hasn’t so far... I guess we will get a better idea come the end of the month

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 08, 2019, 02:24:40 pm by ian1980 »
Liam Hoden
No real update on incomings. Net spread wider than those initial two strikers targeted but those are still a possibility #drfc

I think we’re getting to the point where the net needs to start being pulled in.

All the talk through the summer of “a long list of players”, a large budget with funds available & DM’s little black book are feeling a bit hollow right now.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 08, 2019, 02:27:11 pm by ian1980 »

And there is no reason to doubt what SM says But look at the players who have left in the last 2 years and what we have brought in. We must have a fortune left in the budget but for some reason McCan didn’t spend it and Moore hasn’t so far... I guess we will get a better idea come the end of the month

It does seam strange that we’ve been told two different managers have had a large budget with funds available and yet both have decided not to use it.

I’m not saying SM isn’t telling us the truth or that it isn’t the case but it seams very odd

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 08, 2019, 02:27:17 pm by Copps is Magic »
I would encourage everyone to wait until after the championship deadline closes. If there's nowt within a few days of that, then its obvious plan A went out of the window.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 08, 2019, 02:30:04 pm by MachoMadness »
Also that "the net is wider" than the two strikers now. So I assume that means it's in the balance and we're looking at other options. Perhaps as a bargaining chip to get the two main targets back to the table?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 08, 2019, 02:32:14 pm by wing commander »
   I'm not going to be critical right now as tempting as it is because things can change..but I expect to see a lot better performance off the field by the board by the time this window shuts..

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 08, 2019, 02:35:09 pm by GazLaz »
Liam Hoden
No real update on incomings. Net spread wider than those initial two strikers targeted but those are still a possibility #drfc

That substantiates the original post. We seem to be a little lost at sea.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 08, 2019, 02:35:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Liam Hoden
Darren Moore wouldn’t be drawn on speculation linking Rovers with Daryl Murphy #drfc

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 08, 2019, 02:36:35 pm by coventryrover »
Panic panic panic.....oh theres still two weeks of this

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 08, 2019, 02:40:29 pm by Copps is Magic »
Liam Hoden

That substantiates the original post. We seem to be a little lost at sea.

How can a deal fall through and be a possibility at the same time?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 08, 2019, 02:41:02 pm by IDM »
I would encourage everyone to wait until after the championship deadline closes. If there's nowt within a few days of that, then its obvious plan A went out of the window.

Not necessarily - championship clubs can still sell after today, can’t they.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 08, 2019, 02:42:50 pm by dickos1 »
I don’t think the club would want it
To come out as it’s fallen through so Hoden wouldn’t be coming out and saying it’s fallen
Through anyhow

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 08, 2019, 02:44:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Panic panic panic.....oh theres still two weeks of this

We don't want to be playing games between now and the window shutting without a Marquis replacement though, do we?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 08, 2019, 02:45:08 pm by GazLaz »
It’s still “a possibility” that I’ll get a soapy tit w**k off Kelly Brook but it’s unlikely.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 08, 2019, 02:47:28 pm by MachoMadness »

I think he means the players we're targeting might be angling for a move to the Championship which they can't get after tonight.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 08, 2019, 02:47:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ffs, nothing is as black and white as some people would have you believe. Some posters as we know are only too willing to misinterpret what they've heard or read for their own negative spin.

Common sense tells you that sometimes deals are parked, and sometimes you have to walk away from a deal. That doesn't always mean it's dead in the water.

For example. We should assume Ben Whiteman is one of the better paid players or certainly he's worthy of that. If X striker is wanting a lot more thab what Ben is on, then we have a problem.

There's always room for compromise on both sides and there's always a deal to be done if both parties want it.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 08, 2019, 02:52:41 pm by Retdon1 »
In my opinion we would have won Saturday with 2 quality forwards in the side. We don’t want to be playing too many more games and potentially dropping more points without strengthening. Last season proved every point is vital

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 08, 2019, 02:55:21 pm by IDM »
Or maybe we are renegotiating.?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 08, 2019, 02:57:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It's frustrating we aren't yet there but it's also not easy - ask Man Utd about that (and they're a tad richer than us).

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 08, 2019, 03:03:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
In my opinion we would have won Saturday with 2 quality forwards in the side. We don’t want to be playing too many more games and potentially dropping more points without strengthening. Last season proved every point is vital

But would you blow the wage structure and agree to whatever said striker wants, just so you can get someone in for Saturday? I hope you think carefully about this.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 08, 2019, 03:06:53 pm by Retdon1 »

But would you blow the wage structure and agree to whatever said striker wants, just so you can get someone in for Saturday? I hope you think carefully about this.

I’m not saying we should blow the wage structure out of the water but if we are targeting strikers of pedigree then they don’t come for peanuts. Marquis left 8 days ago and it seems we are no closer to replacing him.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 08, 2019, 03:11:28 pm by steve@dcfd »
I do live in the real world and thankfully so does DRFC.. look at Bolton and Bury for example..

I treat that remark with the contempt it deserves. The club is well run it will not get into that position. The club set the wage structure if they can’t find strikers to fit the bill of being as good as JM that’s not the supporters fault. Set the levels lower and tell people why.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 08, 2019, 03:11:44 pm by the vicar »
If true keep saying wages not transfer fees but how much we are willing to pay the players. We haven’t signed players of Championship standard since Billy the going rate has risen and it appears in our wage structure we can’t do it. I hope I’m wrong let’s see.
sorry I thought we had signed Whiteman a couple of years ago, but I could be wrong 🙄😁

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 08, 2019, 03:14:35 pm by Copps is Magic »

I think he means the players we're targeting might be angling for a move to the Championship which they can't get after tonight.

Yes.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 08, 2019, 03:17:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nonone can possibly know how near or far we  are from agreeing terms. We know players are looking for the best deal possible but they might not get it and have to come back to a deal that is already on the table.

The club are smart enough to know whether to stick, twist or fold.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 08, 2019, 03:18:07 pm by Copps is Magic »
It’s still “a possibility” that I’ll get a soapy tit w**k off Kelly Brook but it’s unlikely.

The way you so delicately describe it, it sounds like it might have already happened in your head.

How about don't knee-jerk until after the championship deadline is done and dusted? You follow other football clubs don't you? - you must know pretty much every championship club is out there spending daft money and the merry-go-round is in full circle.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 08, 2019, 03:30:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
If true keep saying wages not transfer fees but how much we are willing to pay the players. We haven’t signed players of Championship standard since Billy the going rate has risen and it appears in our wage structure we can’t do it. I hope I’m wrong let’s see.
sorry I thought we had signed Whiteman a couple of years ago, but I could be wrong 🙄😁
We signed Whiteman young player in league 2 on league 2 wages. We were not trying to sign pedigree strikers from the Championship on top end league 1 wages. We are trying to sign two strikers from the Championship with the equivalent wages as JM can’t see that happening.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 08, 2019, 03:34:40 pm by Drover »
Sticking points in Personal terms are not always financial,living distance,number appearances,no sub clause,release clause.We will find out in the end.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012