Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:01:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: People have got what they wished for  (Read 4660 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
People have got what they wished for
« on August 16, 2019, 09:51:40 am by the vicar »
JM has gone, and now we have no proven goal scorer, they was all told to think what they wished for but people in the west stand still got on his back my brother in law was one of them but I did keep telling him, but he did keep saying we need rid.  Now he has gone the same people are moaning like hell about not having a striker. what next we now have no one to bang the ball in the net and not much sign of someone that can half reach his target. Looking at the Internet there is loads and loads of strikers out of work fighting for work, I was saying that people I know on Tuesday at grimsby and all they said was but would they come here for the money we can pay, but I said to them surely they would sooner come here sir our wages rather than sit earning nothing. I think it would be a good idea to sat to a cracking player out of work, come here for the money we pay, get himself in the shop window, come on a week to week contract and if someone came in for them they could go with our blessing, by then they might be settled
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:04:44 am by the vicar »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: People have got what they wished for
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2019, 10:11:53 am by rtid88 »
I bet DM and the board have never thought of this idea.... Genius...

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 16, 2019, 10:13:23 am by DRFC_TID_93 »
JM has gone, and now we have no proven goal scorer, they was all told to think what they wished for but people in the west stand still got on his back my brother in law was one of them but I did keep telling him, but he did keep saying we need rid.  Now he has gone the same people are moaning like hell about not having a striker. what next we now have no one to bang the ball in the net and not much sign of someone that can half reach his target. Looking at the Internet there is loads and loads of strikers out of work fighting for work, I was saying that people I know on Tuesday at grimsby and all they said was but would they come here for the money we can pay, but I said to them surely they would sooner come here sir our wages rather than sit earning nothing. I think it would be a good idea to sat to a cracking player out of work, come here for the money we pay, get himself in the shop window, come on a week to week contract and if someone came in for them they could go with our blessing, by then they might be settled

A week to week contract? You're not serious right? How is that long term any solution? We can be back to not having a recognised cf within a week

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2019, 10:14:41 am by Metalmicky »
I bet DM and the board have never thought of this idea.... Genius...

Quite insightful.....

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 16, 2019, 10:15:53 am by NickDRFC »
Anyone know an agent who might be able to help with this “shop window” plan?

Aisley Drfc Leeman

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 16, 2019, 10:18:59 am by Aisley Drfc Leeman »
Christ, some of our supporters start panicking when one of our better players gets to 2 years left on their contract ... absolute melt-down if they could go in any of 52 weeks a year

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 16, 2019, 10:19:48 am by the vicar »
No need for sarcasm who else has come up with anywhere near an idea

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 16, 2019, 10:24:59 am by Padge_DRFC »
Who actually wanted him gone?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 16, 2019, 10:40:18 am by One_Matty_Lucas »

I didn't want him to go, but did feel it was the right time to cash in (given his contract situation and personal wishes). But this feeling was based on the assumption we would have replacements lined up i.e. ready to sign on the dotted line not just identified.

I'm sure I am not alone.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 16, 2019, 10:41:26 am by SydneyRover »
We've been there before?

A Clearance Sale Disguised As a Soccer Team

Doncaster Rovers drew 0-0 at home with Watford Saturday in the Championship, the second tier of English professional soccer. Something – even a single point – is better than nothing for a last-place team like Doncaster. And when that something comes about with five of 11 starters who aren't actually your players, well, some would say it's an efficient use of resources.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052970203935604577064240817483020

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 16, 2019, 10:42:58 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Anyone know an agent who might be able to help with this “shop window” plan?

Maybe it's summat we should trial?

Or...or...what's the word I'm looking for?

Experiment?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 16, 2019, 11:20:54 am by the vicar »
hell of a lot of people,

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 16, 2019, 11:31:31 am by Bentley Bullet »
Apologies for being optimistic but I believe we will start to score more goals with or without a new striker. Sadlier has proved that he's capable of scoring goals that Marquis probably wouldn't have been and will score more, along with others, as the team gels properly.

I saw enough during the second half of the Gillingham game to realise we are capable of being a very good side.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 16, 2019, 11:35:16 am by the vicar »
I personally don't think Sadlier will get that many on his own as he will need a player along side him

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 16, 2019, 11:36:22 am by Bentley Bullet »
He's got 2 in 3 games already!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 16, 2019, 11:42:36 am by Metalmicky »
I personally don't think Sadlier will get that many on his own as he will need a player along side him

He should have another 10............. or 21 if you count the opposition as well.....

you're welcome  :scarf:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 16, 2019, 11:43:07 am by the vicar »
Yes but will he on a regular basis we will see I hope he does

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 16, 2019, 11:48:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sadlier can score different types of goals from different positions. I wouldn't be surprised if his goals to attempt ratio is up there with that of a decent striker.

The good news is he will probably profit from being alongside a front man as he, along with any one of our 3 attacking midfielders, will attack the box.

Providing he stays fit, he should score 10 as a minimum.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 16, 2019, 11:52:59 am by Bentley Bullet »
I look at it like this. Sadlier has scored two goals in three games during which the players are learning their roles and gelling as a team. As the team progresses together they will almost certainly become more effective, resulting in more goals.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 16, 2019, 12:14:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

A week to week contract? You're not serious right? How is that long term any solution? We can be back to not having a recognised cf within a week

And at any time too, so it could easily happen outside the transfer window so we wouldn't be able to get anyone else in to replace either.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 16, 2019, 12:40:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
I look at it like this. Sadlier has scored two goals in three games during which the players are learning their roles and gelling as a team. As the team progresses together they will almost certainly become more effective, resulting in more goals.

Careful BB, that’s far too logical. :)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 16, 2019, 01:29:55 pm by selby »
  Who do you think the other three players to get 6 to 10 goals over the season will be BB?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 01:41:19 pm by selby »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 16, 2019, 03:43:27 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Copps, May, Crawford, Whiteman.......

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 16, 2019, 03:45:53 pm by redarmy82 »
Before Marquis left, we were assured the money would be given to the manager to spend to find a suitable replacement. That hasn't happened, and i'm beginning to wonder what will happen with that money. I'm guessing it will now simply go to reduce the season's loss.
This effectively means we've lost Marquis with no chance of finding a suitable replacement. Hence the loans.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 16, 2019, 03:48:58 pm by StocktonRover »
You’re guessing.......

I’m guessing that when we find the right man and agree terms with him, the fee and wages will eat up most of the “Marquis money”

Who’s the best guesser?
Who’s just got an unhealthy grudge?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 16, 2019, 03:51:27 pm by sha66y »
Before Marquis left, we were assured the money would be given to the manager to spend to find a suitable replacement. That hasn't happened, and i'm beginning to wonder what will happen with that money. I'm guessing it will now simply go to reduce the season's loss.
This effectively means we've lost Marquis with no chance of finding a suitable replacement. Hence the loans.

I know where the money is....but can’t tell ya, ...sorry!

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 16, 2019, 03:53:02 pm by Jersey Rover »
John not scored for Pompey yet. Doesn’t mean he won’t, same as us, all needs time to settle down in a new environment

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 16, 2019, 04:04:29 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Your wrong but nothing new there, the money is there it’s upto Darren on who to spend it on and at present he hasn’t got who he wants for many reasons.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 16, 2019, 04:05:42 pm by redarmy82 »

Your wrong but nothing new there, the money is there it’s upto Darren on who to spend it on and at present he hasn’t got who he wants for many reasons.

I think you'll find i've been right with 90% of what i've posted on here. Rowe, Andrew, Mccann, I said they were all going before anyone else. Wonder how I knew this? Hmmmm.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 16, 2019, 04:08:18 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I think you will find that you wasn’t the first to know about any of them but I was referring more to your constant referrals about money and ambition

TinyPortal © 2005-2012