Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:47:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Signing: Kazaiah Sterling  (Read 16011 times)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Signing: Kazaiah Sterling
« Reply #120 on August 16, 2019, 04:20:55 pm by redarmy82 »
Back to the topic of the signing of Sterling - are we really expecting this kid to replace the goals we've lost?

It isn't going to happen, is it?

he doesn’t have to replace any goals we have lost......that was last year silly!
This is 2019 and it’s a new season...so we could hypothetically win 1-0 every game, and share the goals amongst the attacking players,

That’d fcuk up your logic a bit?

This really isn’t that hard to work out ya know...1 goal to nil wins a game...our goalie, defence and defensive midfielder do their jobs right..we don’t concede..
Our attacking players manage to create ten chances but score one....we win, we get 3 points, and that’s pretty much all we have to do this season....
And yes I can see that happening...

What drugs are you taking? And that's a serious question.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on August 16, 2019, 04:24:02 pm by dickos1 »
Back to the topic of the signing of Sterling - are we really expecting this kid to replace the goals we've lost?

he doesn’t have to replace any goals we have lost......that was last year silly!
This is 2019 and it’s a new season...so we could hypothetically win 1-0 every game, and share the goals amongst the attacking players,

This really isn’t that hard to work out ya know...1 goal to nil wins a game...our goalie, defence and defensive midfielder do their jobs right..we don’t concede..
Our attacking players manage to create ten chances but score one....we win, we get 3 points, and that’s pretty much all we have to do this season....

You have some very odd views on football

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on August 16, 2019, 04:25:54 pm by sha66y »

A little bit of Naproxim for a war wound....why ?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on August 16, 2019, 04:28:09 pm by sha66y »

You have some very odd views on football

I think we all do Dickos , just depends upon the agenda I guess...

Are you saying that we can’t or shouldnt try and win 1-0 ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on August 16, 2019, 04:28:42 pm by dickos1 »
I’m saying it’s not possible to win every game 1-0

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on August 16, 2019, 04:29:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Pigott too pls
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:36:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on August 16, 2019, 04:32:19 pm by sha66y »

But it is possible to score one more than the opposition most of the time, if you work hard at not conceding.....

Oooooohhhh, that’s a thinker!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:39:08 pm by sha66y »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on August 16, 2019, 04:36:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Funny, those who resort to the personal abuse are always the kind to do it from the safety of the forum. Put them in a real situation, they'd never do it to anyone's face. Cowards.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on August 16, 2019, 04:55:58 pm by drfc1951 »
SM Genuine question mate. Are you not concerned with the direction the club is going in with regards are own player development..I appreciate we've got the development squad but surely we cant just keep signing a squad full of loans players and starting again every season..There has to be some more emphasis into buying our own players at least the time cost and effort of developing them reaps some rewards...

You know I've always supported this board from day 1 but this sticking plaster strategy just doesn't sit well with me...

I'm not overly concerned. Yes it could be better, but circumstances have forced our hand to a certain extent.

What I have confidence in though, is that the backbone of the club, and the resources available to run the day to day operations have never been better.

Who sets the footballing strategy for the season Martin, is that Gavin? I don’t mean tactics, I mean the long term plan.

There is no long term plan. That's quite obvious.

Do you honestly believe that our Board, successful business people who are also Rovers supporters don’t have, and haven’t thought about producing, a long term plan?
the top man isn't a football fan it's not his bag at all
and he also thinks that football players are over paid
And you know that for a fact do you

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on August 16, 2019, 05:28:32 pm by elmsallrover »
Said it himself at one of the first meet the owners also said he didn't like other people spending his money

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on August 16, 2019, 05:42:40 pm by dickos1 »

But it is possible to score one more than the opposition most of the time, if you work hard at not conceding.....

Oooooohhhh, that’s a thinker!

Yes, and we’re not conceding many but we ain’t scoring enough to score more than the other side

This seems to be obvious to everyone apart from you

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on August 16, 2019, 06:13:54 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Said it himself at one of the first meet the owners also said he didn't like other people spending his money

He didn't say it in that context though did he. He was referring to not being consulted on how the money was being spent.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on August 16, 2019, 06:25:25 pm by silent majority »

He didn't say it in that context though did he. He was referring to not being consulted on how the money was being spent.

It's all about context, and you're absolutely spot on there Baz.

The players are paid too much was definitely tongue in cheek, and he's wasn't specifically talking about DRFC players. And he definitely meant that he wasn't being consulted about people spending his money, and when that runs into £100's of thousands then I can sympathise.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on August 16, 2019, 06:38:50 pm by drfchound »

Funny, those who resort to the personal abuse are always the kind to do it from the safety of the forum. Put them in a real situation, they'd never do it to anyone's face. Cowards.

Glyn, it isn't often that we agree but I was going to post exactly what you have done, you just beat me to it.

A classic.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on August 16, 2019, 07:45:20 pm by Branton Rover »
Delighted we’ve got 3 loan young guns from the Premiership - hopefully they all do well - we’ve still got money in the bank to get our own pound for pound Marquis replacement in !! I have absolute faith in Big Darren & his pulling power to get us a real number 9 through the door shortly - I like the way he conducts his business saying no to agents & picking his own players meticulously. Nobody saw us sign Taylor until it was announced 

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on August 16, 2019, 09:04:09 pm by the vicar »
Reading almost did it in the 70s or 80s they had a great defence well everyone back but one won the ball back then big hoof to the lone striker and in the back of the net, they beat us 1-0as well twice

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on August 16, 2019, 09:07:48 pm by drfchound »
So how many did they not win 1-0 then?

donyderek

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on August 16, 2019, 09:26:26 pm by donyderek »
You can see were the negativity comes from DM said the striker will be as good if not better than JM. Then we get a young kid who needs developing and as scored 1 goal at this level. Beggers belief

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on August 16, 2019, 09:31:04 pm by Retdon1 »
You can see were the negativity comes from DM said the striker will be as good if not better than JM. Then we get a young kid who needs developing and as scored 1 goal at this level. Beggers belief

Yep, we have to bring it a striker that isn’t a young lad on loan. Either a experienced player that is proven at this level or a younger player with decent pedigree that we can further develop but will hit the ground running... there’s no excuse for the time it’s taking us to find one

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on August 16, 2019, 09:45:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Did Moore say that about THIS striker?

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on August 16, 2019, 09:45:46 pm by Reesielad »
Who’s SM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on August 16, 2019, 09:55:02 pm by Michael Shaw »
We haven't won a single game since we played Gainsborough in early pre-season!  No-one can contradict that.
Do we look like a team trying to get into the playoffs, I don't think so. Just give up thinking about promotion and who we do and don't get.
Just watch the matches or go shopping with the misses because there's nothing exciting either way.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on August 16, 2019, 10:00:50 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We haven't won a single game since we played Gainsborough in early pre-season!  No-one can contradict that.
Do we look like a team trying to get into the playoffs, I don't think so. Just give up thinking about promotion and who we do and don't get.
Just watch the matches or go shopping with the misses because there's nothing exciting either way.

Have you ever made a positive post?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on August 16, 2019, 10:05:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

What about just stopping posting?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on August 16, 2019, 10:12:56 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Is it just me or do we seem to have a group of posters intent on winding people up with ridiculous posts such as this?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on August 16, 2019, 10:24:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
HA

It happens every year or so. It's like a shite DDoS attack.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on August 16, 2019, 10:28:45 pm by Reesielad »
(null)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on August 16, 2019, 10:59:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
HA

Is it just me or do we seem to have a group of posters intent on winding people up with ridiculous posts such as this?

Yep, you've got it. There's a small group who keep protesting, changing their names to keep posting the same old attention seeking crap. Who are the keyboard warriors and the cowards?

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on August 16, 2019, 11:08:52 pm by Darren »
HA

Yep, you've got it. There's a small group who keep protesting, changing their names to keep posting the same old attention seeking crap. Who are the keyboard warriors and the cowards?
I agree,probably one or two posters with multiple ID's and they are making a concerted effort to disrupt the forum with pathetic posts.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on August 16, 2019, 11:20:34 pm by Colin C No.3 »

I feel your pain. So torn am I. No wins, no Championship equivalent striker signed, shopping with my beloved given these circumstances is surely the most sensible option.

Woe, woe & thrice woe.

And yet, something (I know not what), draws me towards that team, that club, that stadium, those other fans whose ‘foolishness’ makes them turn up every game, every season, every decade...bringing with them another generation of young supporters & for what?

Perchance a win on Saturday, an excitement bordering on exuberance, a happy bonding of all within that stadium be it only fleeting?

A chance perhaps to see a team evolving, even though it might be composed of loanee players we might never see beyond this season but may give us, ‘their best season to date’ which might lead us to....well, who knows where, except perhaps Darren Moore, Gavin Baldwin & the owners.

The owners. Who have been described by some on this forum as ‘non football people’...’they don’t even like football’...etc. Yet these ‘non football people’ continue, season after season, to ensure that Doncaster Rovers continues to exist as a ‘Club’ for the benefit of the people of Doncaster by continually putting £millions, not £thousands, of their families ‘inheritance’ into ‘our club’ year after year to ensure its sustainability in a football environment littered with ‘financially failed clubs’ which with it brings a poignant reminder of the demise of those clubs whose names were famous throughout all the lives of us that have, with all due respect, have a longer memory than some on the forum.

No chance of promotion? No chance of the play offs? No excitement for us to hope for this season?

See you in the shopping centre Saturday then.

Although somehow, I think not. The Keepmoat calls. The Rovers call.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:29:18 pm by Colin C No.3 »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012