Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:17:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loans  (Read 5695 times)

rtid88

• Forum Member
Re: Loans
« Reply #30 on August 16, 2019, 02:16:23 pm by rtid88 »
I get your point mate, but they say one thing and do another, they don’t want championship football otherwise with there wealth they could have a right crack at it, fair enough it’s there money but don’t say it if you can’t...

Rovers are still in league 1.
Dons in the bottom league
Belles in oblivion

How’s this club Doncaster working then?? It isn’t.
The day you say anything positive about the club you support I will shave my arse....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 16, 2019, 02:20:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
3 of the loans we had last season had a massive impact and, if it wasn’t for those 3, there’s no way we would have been in the top 6. That was last season, though, and the trouble is we have to keep finding these ‘gems’ every season, which is going to be a real problem, as they don’t all turn out like world beaters. As we saw with Lewis and Smith.

It’s fingers crossed time!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 16, 2019, 02:22:59 pm by silent majority »
3 of the loans we had last season had a massive impact and, if it wasn’t for those 3, there’s no way we would have been in the top 6. That was last season, though, and the trouble is we have to keep finding these ‘gems’ every season, which is going to be a real problem, as they don’t all turn out like world beaters. As we saw with Lewis and Smith.

It’s fingers crossed time!

Yes, but we were virtually one game away from being promoted. Had we have done so there would have been a big player shake up anyway.

And, another positive, we might not have lost our manager and star striker in the process. So loans can be beneficial in lots of ways!

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 16, 2019, 02:26:24 pm by Michael Gibson »
The day the board stop bullshitting I’ll shave my arse...so to all those that don’t like my posts, let’s have a reasonable debate and explain where the monies gone considering we had a considerable pot??? A genuine question not a trouble causing plot....I’m only stating facts because I know personally a few things what I got told of an ex player who was well respected.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 16, 2019, 02:27:24 pm by Jonathan »
Billy Sharp initially came on loan and we didn’t do too bad out of him. Going back a bit, Mike Jefferey was a loanee, Kieron Brady was another. Overall I’d say we’ve not done too bad in the loan market

Of course we’ve had some successes, and hopefully we will this season too. We had successes last season without doubt. Leeds and Barnsley have benefitted from our outlay on Wilks, Portsmouth got Downing and Liverpool will ultimately benefit from Kane. Meanwhile we only lost our temporary contribution to the wages of Jermaine Anderson, Smith and Lewis. All in all we did well and other clubs will be particularly delighted where they reaped the longer term benefit.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 16, 2019, 02:28:34 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The day the board stop bullshitting I’ll shave my arse...so to all those that don’t like my posts, let’s have a reasonable debate and explain where the monies gone considering we had a considerable pot??? A genuine question not a trouble causing plot....I’m only stating facts because I know personally a few things what I got told of an ex player who was well respected.

Where the money's gone?  It probably hasn't been received yet and even if it had, it'll be used running the day to day business of the club.  You're probably one of the ones who state they have no ambition and should put more money on top of the 20m+ that they get back.  Have you ever in any way thanked them for that or do you just stick to criticism?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 16, 2019, 02:28:41 pm by wing commander »
  I don't dispute that they are beneficial and reality is for clubs like ours loans are vital for us to compete for promotion..

However you have to have some balance,we've now got a lot of talented kids from Premier clubs who haven't much experience between them.Sometimes at this level it's not just about talent it's about experience and knowing how to handle teams at this level...

We haven't got the balance right not by a long way..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 16, 2019, 02:34:42 pm by since-1969 »
If I am reading the regulations correctly...

You can not have more than five loanees in your matchday squad for any one game. Which means if we signed anymore loans (we currently have 5), one loan player would have to dropped from the squad.

Which probably means, barring injuries, we are not going to sign any more loan players.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 16, 2019, 02:35:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

You are not willing to debate because of your entrenched views. If you came on here now and again and offered something more constructive then you might get more people engaging with you.

But you've done it again, referring to 'facts' that are hearsay. You've made your stance quite clear on numerous occasions, you don't have to repeat it.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 16, 2019, 02:38:31 pm by since-1969 »
If I am reading the regulations correctly...

You can not have more than five loanees in your matchday squad for any one game. Which means if we signed anymore loans (we currently have 5), one loan player would have to dropped from the squad.

Which probably means, barring injuries, we are not going to sign any more loan players.
Says who ? Blackpool got promoted to the PL having used over 20 . So it’s a team not many of us thought we’d see so soon . D M  could be another Barry Fry who  got sacked at  Birmingham having signed 46 players in his stay . .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 16, 2019, 02:43:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

A 'reasonable debate'...with you? :lol:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 16, 2019, 02:49:24 pm by Campsall rover »
So much for investing in our young players or bringing in permanent signings, absolutely pathetic from the powers that be, where’s the money gone??? Every Penney from the marquis sale etc will be spent on the squad aswell as what was already available???? b*llocks, the fans have been sold down the river big time and yet again the board go silent!! Sack the board!!! The club is in turmoil
Do one will you.
You are a total disgrace on this forum and are now embarrassing yourself.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 16, 2019, 02:51:01 pm by johnny rovers »
but if we want the club to be promoted we have to have a mixture,

"Fans Director of less than 100 members of the VSC" even you seriously cannot think we are capable of achieving promotion this time around and being capable of "having fun" in the Championship!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 16, 2019, 03:11:48 pm by bpoolrover »
I don’t think loans are a problem used right my worry is there is barely any 1st team football between them,it’s certainly a worry where the goals will come from but you never no!

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 16, 2019, 03:13:50 pm by Michael Gibson »
Why do people like campsall and wigley get personal when asked for a genuine discussion??? Is it because they know I’m right?? I think so...

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 16, 2019, 03:16:10 pm by redarmy82 »
Why do people like campsall and wigley get personal when asked for a genuine discussion??? Is it because they know I’m right?? I think so...

Because personal abuse is all their intellect will stretch too.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 16, 2019, 03:17:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Because I was replying to your post - no-one else's so of course it's personal.

And I was pointing out that if you think this

Is an example of a 'reasonable debate', then it is indeed worthy of a :lol:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 16, 2019, 03:18:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Isn't that personal abuse?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 16, 2019, 03:19:07 pm by redarmy82 »

Possibly.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 16, 2019, 03:19:20 pm by silent majority »
but if we want the club to be promoted we have to have a mixture,

"Fans Director of less than 100 members of the VSC" even you seriously cannot think we are capable of achieving promotion this time around and being capable of "having fun" in the Championship!

I don't know what your post means.

I'm also a director of the Football Supporters Association with a membership in excess of 600,000, how is that relevant to this subject?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 16, 2019, 03:22:53 pm by sha66y »
I got to the bottom of this thread and completely forgot what it was about!

I guess Gibbo and Red are stirring up the hornets nest......yet again lol

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 16, 2019, 03:24:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Possibly.

Perhaps your own intellect doesn't stretch far enough to tell. :silly:

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 16, 2019, 03:26:17 pm by Colin C No.3 »
So much for investing in our young players or bringing in permanent signings, absolutely pathetic from the powers that be, where’s the money gone??? Every Penney from the marquis sale etc will be spent on the squad aswell as what was already available???? b*llocks, the fans have been sold down the river big time and yet again the board go silent!! Sack the board!!! The club is in turmoil

It’s “Every penny...” not “Every Penney...”.

In your slavering rant Dave Penney has obviously found his way into the fog that swims around inside that head of yours.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 16, 2019, 03:31:57 pm by bpoolrover »
While Micheal has gone to far in saying sacknthe board it’s still clear to see why some people are a bit miffed, it’s gone from top 2 to let’s be honest with the squad as it is now it could be a up hill struggle, we have signed Ennis and sterling who yes on paper look good but with little or no experience, Gomes who really needs more time to settle in and should prob be with development team, Taylor very good player and sheaf who I think will be steady, out of them can you really see where the goals of wilks marquis Kane Rowe will come from?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 16, 2019, 03:35:04 pm by sha66y »

For the record;

I like your posts , I would engage you with witty ripostes and attempt to unravel what your thoughts truly are,

Do you actually like Doncaster Rovers?

Why put yourself through the pain of watching them ?

Do you feel aggrieved that the club hasn’t met your expectation ?

Are you genuinely worried about the missing money and wonder where it is?

If you are a season ticket holder , what are you expecting for your financial commitment ?

What would make you happiest ( I don’t mean a hug) because you do seem very angry for a young man ?

Come on Michael.....let’s engage

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 16, 2019, 03:45:22 pm by sha66y »
While Micheal has gone to far in saying sacknthe board it’s still clear to see why some people are a bit miffed, it’s gone from top 2 to let’s be honest with the squad as it is now it could be a up hill struggle, we have signed Ennis and sterling who yes on paper look good but with little or no experience, Gomes who really needs more time to settle in and should prob be with development team, Taylor very good player and sheaf who I think will be steady, out of them can you really see where the goals of wilks marquis Kane Rowe will come from?

When you say “ it’s clear to see why some people are a bit miffed”
By “some” do you mean the 5-6 that write the same thing?
When you say “it’s clear”, are you aware that, that’s subjective?
When you say “ some people” ...do you mean fans of Doncaster Rovers or people who are ill informed and just a bit frustrated?
When you say “ a bit miffed”  do you mean a bit, or a lot?

And in answer to your last question”

Sadlier, Ennis , Sterling , and I’d say one or two will manage to get on the score sheet....
We may not score as many, but you only need one more than the opposition to win

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 16, 2019, 03:48:18 pm by bpoolrover »
No mate just by speaking to people, or look on other social media sites not just this one, look on twitter or fb and I think you will find more than 5 or 6 Ill informed people, can you honestly say you think the team we have now is anywhere near as good as last season at the minute?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 16, 2019, 03:57:59 pm by Alan Southstand »
Another way to look at it is by asking yourself - how many of our first 11 would get in last season’s first 11. The four obvious ones are Lawlor, Anderson, Whiteman and Copps. After those, you could add Sadlier, as he played a few games last season.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on August 16, 2019, 04:00:33 pm by silent majority »
Another way to look at it is by asking yourself - how many of our first 11 would get in last season’s first 11. The four obvious ones are Lawlor, Anderson, Whiteman and Copps. After those, you could add Sadlier, as he played a few games last season.

And you've decided this after a couple of games?

I would suggest both full backs are more than good enough to start in last seasons first 11.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 16, 2019, 04:03:05 pm by sha66y »
No mate just by speaking to people, or look on other social media sites not just this one, look on twitter or fb and I think you will find more than 5 or 6 Ill informed people, can you honestly say you think the team we have now is anywhere near as good as last season at the minute?

Ok , so interacting with more than 5-6 like-minded people , who use social media to vent their spleens, is more informative than actually standing back and assessing the situation yourself from ground zero?

and do these many many disaffected few ever think to make a proper stance against this vile club that is no more than a viper, by refusing to attend games?...I would gladly support in any way I can this group of modern day dissidents, perhaps I could knock up a crazy slogan to be added to the placards?....something like “ sack the bored” and “ werz r millyans gon”

And to answer your last question with a degree of honesty....
I am a supporter of Doncaster Rovers, irrespective of where we are in any league...this is my team, thick and thin....
I look at the players we have brought in and think “ wow” this could be one hell of a rollercoaster ride, lots of highs lots of lows, and lots of banter...

Ya see I can’t change what’s in front of me, but I can support it with a vengeance,

TinyPortal © 2005-2012