Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:00:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loans  (Read 5752 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Re: Loans
« Reply #60 on August 16, 2019, 04:06:54 pm by sha66y »
Another way to look at it is by asking yourself - how many of our first 11 would get in last season’s first 11. The four obvious ones are Lawlor, Anderson, Whiteman and Copps. After those, you could add Sadlier, as he played a few games last season.

How is any comparison to last years team relevant?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 16, 2019, 04:10:20 pm by dickos1 »
Why isn’t it relevant?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 16, 2019, 04:14:44 pm by bpoolrover »
It’s good mate that you support the club no matter what happens and many of the people who are having a moan will do the same thing

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 16, 2019, 04:16:19 pm by drfc1951 »
I get your point mate, but they say one thing and do another, they don’t want championship football otherwise with there wealth they could have a right crack at it, fair enough it’s there money but don’t say it if you can’t...

Rovers are still in league 1.
Dons in the bottom league
Belles in oblivion

How’s this club Doncaster working then?? It isn’t.
I have said to you before, why don't you and a few others on here and form a consortium and buy the club.You said before it would be an attractive opportunity.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 16, 2019, 04:58:58 pm by Al4475 »
Either that or find a prospective chairman, a bunch of invisible hedge-funders, bankrupt agents, barred barristers and so on and so forth to pump dodgy money in to the club - money which isn't even there!

Sounds like a good way to go!

That'll be a roaring success without a doubt!

Bring it on!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 16, 2019, 05:00:50 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Either that or find a prospective chairman, a bunch of invisible hedge-funders, bankrupt agents, barred barristers and so on and so forth to pump dodgy money in to the club - money which isn't even there!

Sounds like a good way to go!

Bring it on!

Isn’t that a repeat Al?

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 16, 2019, 05:02:00 pm by Al4475 »
Dunno what you mean DVR - just an idea that I thought I'd chuck into the air!

If an unsuspecting pop star is added to the equation - who knows what delights that could yield!

It is after all crazy season and anything seems to be doable!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 16, 2019, 05:06:29 pm by bpoolrover »
Most people are not wanting money pumped in they would like to see measured progress on the pitch, unfortunately with gm leaving that has not being possible yet, half the problem has been people from the club saying we’re close to signing players with as good records as marquis,even when gm left we were told about these exciting players that were still on the table, marquis leaves and still we have not really replaced him with someone with any experience, that’s why people are frustrated there hopes get raised and nothing much materialised,hence the frustration

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 16, 2019, 05:07:34 pm by bpoolrover »
Dunno what you mean DVR - just an idea that I thought I'd chuck into the air!

If an unsuspecting pop star is added to the equation - who knows what delights that could yield!

It is after all crazy season and anything seems to be doable!
1 person has said sack the board do you not think your post is a over reaction making you just as bad

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on August 16, 2019, 05:11:31 pm by Al4475 »
Fully appreciate that b'pool.

And maybe so.

Annoys me however that since the current board got full control, there has always been a faction of supporters who have been against them from day one and use any thread going to have a dig.

I simply don't fully comprehend how folk can still dig at the board after the last few years when it's clear they are keeping the club going!

Baffles me that's all.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 16, 2019, 05:18:32 pm by NickDRFC »
No mate just by speaking to people, or look on other social media sites not just this one, look on twitter or fb and I think you will find more than 5 or 6 Ill informed people, can you honestly say you think the team we have now is anywhere near as good as last season at the minute?

Ok , so interacting with more than 5-6 like-minded people , who use social media to vent their spleens, is more informative than actually standing back and assessing the situation yourself from ground zero?

and do these many many disaffected few ever think to make a proper stance against this vile club that is no more than a viper, by refusing to attend games?...I would gladly support in any way I can this group of modern day dissidents, perhaps I could knock up a crazy slogan to be added to the placards?....something like “ sack the bored” and “ werz r millyans gon”

And to answer your last question with a degree of honesty....
I am a supporter of Doncaster Rovers, irrespective of where we are in any league...this is my team, thick and thin....
I look at the players we have brought in and think “ wow” this could be one hell of a rollercoaster ride, lots of highs lots of lows, and lots of banter...

Ya see I can’t change what’s in front of me, but I can support it with a vengeance,

“I can support it with a vengeance”

It’s a football club not a Die Hard film 😂

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 16, 2019, 05:20:04 pm by bpoolrover »
I agree mate but mainly it’s michael and I think enough people are having a pop at him now to be honest, for me the board are doing a good job and this is not there doing you can’t help managers and players leaving but still as a supporter that does not always come into people’s thinking

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 16, 2019, 05:22:06 pm by johnny rovers »

And maybe so.

Annoys me however that since the current board got full control, there has always been a faction of supporters who have been against them from day one and use any thread going to have a dig.

I simply don't fully comprehend how folk can still dig at the board after the last few years when it's clear they are keeping the club going!

Baffles me that's all.

Most certainly not against our owners, they have and are continuing to b outstanding, but the strategy that our CEO on footballing matters needs questioning. He obviously the Excel's on no footballing matters But his stewardship of footballing matters needs to be questioned. Where we were on may 16th to July 31st solely rests on him. He gives all  the footballing responsibility to the manager and thisneeds reviewed.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 16, 2019, 05:24:41 pm by johnny rovers »

And maybe so.

Baffles me that's all.

Most certainly not against our owners, they have and are continuing to be outstanding, but the strategy that our CEO on footballing matters needs questioning. He obviously exceles on no footballing matters but his stewardship of footballing matters needs to be questioned. Where we were on may 16th to July 31st solely rests on him. He gives all  the footballing responsibility to the manager and this needs reviewed.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 16, 2019, 05:27:39 pm by graingrover »
Some clubs are saved by fans this forum is killing the club .

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 16, 2019, 05:30:16 pm by john_donc857 »
Sack him and bring his understudy back from Lincoln ( Liam Scully) he’s doing a much better job their

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 16, 2019, 05:32:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

And maybe so.

Baffles me that's all.

Most certainly not against our owners, they have and are continuing to be outstanding, but the strategy that our CEO on footballing matters needs questioning. He obviously exceles on no footballing matters but his stewardship of footballing matters needs to be questioned. Where we were on may 16th to July 31st solely rests on him. He gives all  the footballing responsibility to the manager and this needs reviewed.

First you complain about the CEO's football strategy and then in the next breath you say he gives all footballing responsibility to the manager..?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 16, 2019, 05:36:51 pm by rtid88 »
Unfortunately it's the generation we live in, where by people expect things to be presented to them... If people on here who are genuine supporters actually think DM and the board have not been trying to sign players then they are completely deluded... Once we get past preseason it's not easy to just go out and sign players... I have no doubt that we have been close on several occasions to signing players as we have been told and then the players agents have demanded to much as their fee or the player has demanded too much as a signing on fee... Personally I hope we are sticking to our principles as we always have and not been suckered into deals like nearly every club in the county are being...
I'd rather follow a club with principles, who have a family and community ethos and who genuinely do the best for their fans... Imo that's what we have and more of us should appreciate that...

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 16, 2019, 05:44:15 pm by redarmi66 »
Whilst i echo the sentiment and obvious frustration with some of the absolute drival posted on this forum by the misinformed and uneducated, i dont actually think it has any real influence on what the board or the club think or do. (Thank God). This forum is just a narrow view . Nothing more. I genuinely believe most fans are relieved we have a board that are proven reliable sustainable and ensure we have a team to watch each week. Some on here think they are entitled to more than that. Not so. Unless you are putting a few million in of course!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 03:58:04 am by redarmi66 »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 16, 2019, 05:48:52 pm by johnny rovers »
[/quot

I disagree entirely. We have approx 8000 wanting to turn up for level three football in a fine stadium. It's never 🐝 better

TinyPortal © 2005-2012