Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:57:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Loans  (Read 5646 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Loans
« on August 16, 2019, 01:09:30 pm by Copps is Magic »
If I am reading the regulations correctly...

You can not have more than five loanees in your matchday squad for any one game. Which means if we signed anymore loans (we currently have 5), one loan player would have to dropped from the squad.

Which probably means, barring injuries, we are not going to sign any more loan players.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Loans
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2019, 01:10:42 pm by redarmy82 »
We are being far too reliant on loans. We are going to be in the exact same position at the end of this season, threadbare squad.

But, this is clearly the way the club wants to play it. Short term contracts and loan signings. No long term planning whatsoever.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 16, 2019, 01:15:42 pm by Michael Gibson »
So much for investing in our young players or bringing in permanent signings, absolutely pathetic from the powers that be, where’s the money gone??? Every Penney from the marquis sale etc will be spent on the squad aswell as what was already available???? b*llocks, the fans have been sold down the river big time and yet again the board go silent!! Sack the board!!! The club is in turmoil

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2019, 01:17:11 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
So much for investing in our young players or bringing in permanent signings, absolutely pathetic from the powers that be, where’s the money gone??? Every Penney from the marquis sale etc will be spent on the squad aswell as what was already available???? b*llocks, the fans have been sold down the river big time and yet again the board go silent!! Sack the board!!! The club is in turmoil

Go away WUM

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 16, 2019, 01:19:14 pm by wing commander »

What a load of absolute tosh...Give your brain cell a polish..I have been critical of this loan policy but circumstances have played a part I accept that, but sack the board??? A board who give us stability and have shown continued development on and off the pitch...You really are a bread roll short of a picnic....

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 16, 2019, 01:20:57 pm by Michael Gibson »
Another short sighted clown!! Does it take another club in the country to take 4 month to sign players??? Duuuurr??? I wouldn’t mind but the club say one thing and do another.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 16, 2019, 01:21:56 pm by graingrover »
Interviewers always ask what attracted you to Doncaster ....think about how inane that must sound to loanees ..I am waiting for one to answer ´the welcoming fans ´.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 16, 2019, 01:28:32 pm by wing commander »
  Do you know what Michael sometimes I do get your points..I agreed with you on the players leaving as I also know someone who spoke to one of them who was absolutely gob smacked at what he was offered...

But I for one accept the reality that this is Doncaster Rovers on 7000 gates which loses money.So I am content that the board provide us with the stable club that we have, and are not basket cases like Bury,Bolton and Macclesfield...

Just who is going to cover the shortfall if the board give up???,i cant recall many Russian or Saudi millionaires thinking we are worth pumping millions into can you??? So who exactly is if you get your way???

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 16, 2019, 01:31:52 pm by Michael Gibson »
I get your point mate, but they say one thing and do another, they don’t want championship football otherwise with there wealth they could have a right crack at it, fair enough it’s there money but don’t say it if you can’t...

Rovers are still in league 1.
Dons in the bottom league
Belles in oblivion

How’s this club Doncaster working then?? It isn’t.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 16, 2019, 01:32:24 pm by vaya »

Short of some existential crisis, the board aren't going to sack themselves. Perhaps barking up the wrong tree with that one.

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 16, 2019, 01:34:00 pm by DN8ROVER »
Wonder if the club know that they only have 13 days to claim back their PPI.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 16, 2019, 01:36:20 pm by Filo »

Ever thought of taking up Drama?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 16, 2019, 01:37:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I get your point mate, but they say one thing and do another, they don’t want championship football otherwise with there wealth they could have a right crack at it, fair enough it’s there money but don’t say it if you can’t...

Rovers are still in league 1.
Dons in the bottom league
Belles in oblivion

How’s this club Doncaster working then?? It isn’t.

A ball hasn't been kicked since the Belles joined Club Doncaster.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 16, 2019, 01:38:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
We are being far too reliant on loans. We are going to be in the exact same position at the end of this season, threadbare squad.

But, this is clearly the way the club wants to play it. Short term contracts and loan signings. No long term planning whatsoever.

Yeah, because it's impossible for us to use the breathing space of having loanees to sort out the permanent signings we do want in the meantime isn't it?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 16, 2019, 01:40:25 pm by redarmy82 »

Yeah, because it's impossible for us to use the breathing space of having loanees to sort out the permanent signings we do want in the meantime isn't it?

You're right, it is.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 16, 2019, 01:44:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You're right, it is.

Aye, they'll sit on their hands and do f**k all all season, right?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 16, 2019, 01:47:31 pm by redarmy82 »

You're right, it is.

Definitely.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 16, 2019, 01:48:03 pm by IDM »
I refer a certain poster I the response I gave to since-1969 on the Baptiste thread..

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 16, 2019, 01:48:45 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

You're right, it is.

Definitely.

Thank you for confirming which orifice you're using to talk out of.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 16, 2019, 01:53:35 pm by redarmy82 »

You're right, it is.

Definitely.

Thank you for confirming which orifice you're using to talk out of.

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 16, 2019, 01:55:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Make stupid assumptions, get stupid questions.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 16, 2019, 01:56:47 pm by redarmy82 »
Stupid is as stupid does.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 16, 2019, 01:58:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Stupid is as stupid does.

Quite.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 16, 2019, 01:59:33 pm by Jonathan »

The genuine concern from my perspective is that last season’s budget was spent up on loan signings. So will we actually have money left over to look after our own interests after these short term fixes are done?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 16, 2019, 02:02:05 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

The genuine concern from my perspective is that last season’s budget was spent up on loan signings. So will we actually have money left over to look after our own interests after these short term fixes are done?

We already had enough budget for loans before the money from selling Marquis was added into the budget. I want that money to be spent wisely, not just on the first player that we can sign permanently in order to 'prove' what Rovers business plan is.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 16, 2019, 02:07:24 pm by Jonathan »

We already had enough budget for loans before the money from selling Marquis was added into the budget. I want that money to be spent wisely, not just on the first player that we can sign permanently in order to 'prove' what Rovers business plan is.

I don’t know what the budget is or where it’s been spent. But I know we spent it last season without making many permanent acquisitions, and by relying heavily on loans that we never saw again. Ultimately other clubs benefitted for our outlay. We’re in the same division starting again, and incurring borrowing costs again.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 02:09:33 pm by Jonathan »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 16, 2019, 02:10:58 pm by RoversAlias »
Another thread filled with abject foolishness.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 16, 2019, 02:11:37 pm by silent majority »
Jonathan,

We have one more loan signing than we planned for. But you have to look at the success of every club that has been promoted from LG1, every single one of them had bags of loan signings.

I get your point, but if we want the club to be promoted we have to have a mixture, we have to compete and we have to nurture youth. Loan signings are like a try before you buy scenario at times, look how may players came to us initially on loan who we then ended up buying. It does work.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 16, 2019, 02:12:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I don’t know what the budget is or where it’s been spent. But I know we spent it last season without making many permanent acquisitions, and by relying heavily on loans that we never saw again. Ultimately other clubs benefitted.

I'm happy to use the loan system, as long as it brings in players we otherwise couldn't afford that add something to the team. Or, as SM says, on a try-before-you-buy so we're not committed to spending upfront. If we only have them for a season, at least it's a season we've squeezed something out of them for our benefit. It's not as if we've got nothing out of the deal.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 16, 2019, 02:15:27 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Billy Sharp initially came on loan and we didn’t do too bad out of him. Going back a bit, Mike Jefferey was a loanee, Kieron Brady was another. Overall I’d say we’ve not done too bad in the loan market

TinyPortal © 2005-2012