Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:03:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton game off  (Read 29050 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton game off
« Reply #120 on August 19, 2019, 06:11:26 pm by Dare to dream! »
EFL statement doesn't say too much tbh

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on August 19, 2019, 06:11:35 pm by Reesielad »
Read the EFL statement, sounds as if they are annoyed but no further action

They might as well of said nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on August 19, 2019, 06:12:48 pm by Dare to dream! »
Bolton fans make me laugh saying "f**k EFL"

The EFL have been more than generous with Bolton considering the circumstances.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on August 19, 2019, 06:14:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The Rovers statement suggests that's not the end of it.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on August 19, 2019, 06:16:11 pm by firestarter »
I just can’t see them awarding us 3 points . We are little Donny Rovers .. when do ever get any help from the powers that be . If the EFL faced a fit and proper persons test they’d fail hands down.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on August 19, 2019, 06:16:47 pm by IDM »
I think the EFL statement is just a holding statement.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on August 19, 2019, 06:18:42 pm by PDX_Rover »
Clearly they are unwilling to fulfill their commitment to the competition and have not gone through the correct channels to have the game postponed so should forfeit the points to us. 3-0 won Rovers.

Anything less than that is a f**king travesty.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on August 19, 2019, 06:21:47 pm by Filo »
They award us 3 points or they null and void there games they’ve already played, it’s the only fair way. Was n’t it the Bolton chairman that wanted the PL to be a closed shop when they were in the PL?

They deserve all the sanctions coming their way for this, expell them from the EFL

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on August 19, 2019, 06:22:04 pm by the vicar »
To the ADMIN Team, why delete my post to another poster for being offensive, and not removing thereswhen You have set a president on abuse

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on August 19, 2019, 06:23:12 pm by IDM »
The EFL aren’t going to release a formal statement on any follow up action, outside normal working hours, are they?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on August 19, 2019, 06:23:51 pm by NickDRFC »
Liam Hoden has just tweeted that refunds can be collected from 9am tomorrow. Not sure if this is the club admitting defeat given it’s contrary to Baldwin’s statement, or they’re just reminding fans the option anyway in case they don’t want the uncertainty.

EDIT - by admitting defeat I mean that the game will be played tomorrow, not that we accept the postponement.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on August 19, 2019, 06:24:41 pm by silent majority »
To the ADMIN Team, why delete my post to another poster for being offensive, and not removing thereswhen You have set a president on abuse

Nobody's deleted any of your posts Dave.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on August 19, 2019, 06:25:44 pm by drfchound »
Could be tomorrow morning before any firm decision is made.

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton game postponed
« Reply #133 on August 19, 2019, 06:27:39 pm by drfchound »
I am fairly sure in the past where a club has failed to fulfil a fixture the opponents are awarded a win at a suitable score..
normally 3-0 is a default score

It was 1-0 the last time Bolton did something like this, at Brentford.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on August 19, 2019, 06:27:55 pm by goalkick »
Wonder if they will cancel their game next sat.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on August 19, 2019, 06:30:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Forgive my cynicism, but something smells decidedly fishy here.

The Bolton statement has come from their Administrator, who, after claiming they've called this off because of welfare issues, immediately started talking about the importance of securing the takeover deal.

Not a word of apology to the players, management and fans of the Rovers who have been messed about. Just a pointed comment about how they "call on all parties involved with the acquisition of the club and hotel to end this intolerable delay and secure once and for all the future of Bolton Wanderers."

That comment is entirely inappropriate in these circumstances. It feels like a play to up the ante in light of the takeover talks.

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Bolton game postponed
« Reply #136 on August 19, 2019, 06:31:05 pm by dknward2 »
It was the EFL that cancelled the game not Bolton themselves after the players refused to play after not being paid

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on August 19, 2019, 06:33:24 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Just had a BBC Sport notification on my phone saying game postponed so looks official now. It'd be so unfair if it's replayed at a later date. If they are worried about players been tired tell them we'll play Wednesday!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on August 19, 2019, 06:33:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Plus, the fact that they didn't have the professional decency to inform the Rovers management is an utter disgrace. That certainly gives some insight into the priorities in play here.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on August 19, 2019, 06:34:34 pm by Chris Black come back »
Forgive my cynicism, but something smells decidedly fishy here.

The Bolton statement has come from their Administrator, who, after claiming they've called this off because of welfare issues, immediately started talking about the importance of securing the takeover deal.

Not a word of apology to the players, management and fans of the Rovers who have been messed about. Just a pointed comment about how they "call on all parties involved with the acquisition of the club and hotel to end this intolerable delay and secure once and for all the future of Bolton Wanderers."

That comment is entirely inappropriate in these circumstances. It feels like a play to up the ante in light of the takeover talks.

Exactly. WE are being f**ked around here despite being totally innocent. How about a thought for the victims!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on August 19, 2019, 06:34:54 pm by glosterred »
Read the EFL statement, sounds as if they are annoyed but no further action

They might as well of said nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having read it they did say nothing

COYR

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on August 19, 2019, 06:35:34 pm by the vicar »

where is it then Martin and how can the ADMIN Team not delete the offensive post that has been posted about me when they make the statement last week

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on August 19, 2019, 06:38:50 pm by the vicar »

sorry Martin I have found it mate, but this site is all wrong and one sided

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on August 19, 2019, 06:39:35 pm by Dare to dream! »
lol

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on August 19, 2019, 06:41:23 pm by selby »
   If this game is allowed to be played at a later date to Bolton's advantage player wise it will bring the competition into disrepute.
   If Bolton are allowed to survive by the powers that be, (which I hope they are) they should be fined heavily and have three more points added to those already imposed.
   And when and if this fixture is deemed that it has to be played, they should be told that their team to fulfil the fixture should only contain players in the squad that were signed and on the books at the time of the original fixture tomorrow.
    That way they will gain no advantage, will pay money in a heavy fine they can ill afford to pay, and will end up with an even bigger disadvantage points wise this season.
    Do that and I bet they will think twice about trying the same trick again.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on August 19, 2019, 06:44:30 pm by eastender »
What's the chance of us winning the rearranged fixture , going on the past absolutely non.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on August 19, 2019, 06:45:23 pm by drfchound »
   If this game is allowed to be played at a later date to Bolton's advantage player wise it will bring the competition into disrepute.
   If Bolton are allowed to survive by the powers that be, (which I hope they are) they should be fined heavily and have three more points added to those already imposed.
   And when and if this fixture is deemed that it has to be played, they should be told that their team to fulfil the fixture should only contain players in the squad that were signed and on the books at the time of the original fixture tomorrow.
    That way they will gain no advantage, will pay money in a heavy fine they can ill afford to pay, and will end up with an even bigger disadvantage points wise this season.

Not a snowball in hells chance of that scenario happening selby..

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on August 19, 2019, 06:45:41 pm by Dare to dream! »
By all accounts they (Phil Parkinson & Admin) have been trying to get the last few games postponed and have obviously failed. Now they seem to think they can do what they want.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on August 19, 2019, 06:45:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

If that happens we should call it off if even one of our players is injured. We won't because we are a reputable club which is good but it'd be nice to be awkward

Woodhead Passer

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on August 19, 2019, 06:54:18 pm by Woodhead Passer »
https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/ticket-refund-information-wanderers-v-doncaster-rovers/

"Supporters who have already purchased tickets for Tuesday night’s postponed Sky Bet League One game against Doncaster Rovers at the University of Bolton Stadium are advised that their tickets will be valid when the game has been rearranged."

An absolute farce if this game is rearranged.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012