Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:06:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton game off  (Read 29365 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Bolton game off
« Reply #180 on August 19, 2019, 09:11:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »
If we are not awarded the three points I can see some work for some lawyers.

I can also see a PPI campaign ....... Postponement Points Initiative  :chair:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on August 19, 2019, 09:11:16 pm by since-1969 »
No game tomorrow, game Saturday then no game Bury the  following week ? Talk about part timers .

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on August 19, 2019, 09:18:02 pm by jmt23 »
i'm not sure opposing teams will profit the points, but I can  see a points deduction for them. They have knowingly taken that risk, I hope the deduction is enough so they can not mathematically stay up

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on August 19, 2019, 09:24:31 pm by dknward2 »
Another 12 points deduction would be a warning to them and everyone else to stop messing around and not spending above you means something I’m glad we at drfc don’t do

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on August 19, 2019, 09:37:00 pm by Al4475 »

Bolton could have put together a scratch team of fat friends of their manager, mancunian drug runners, programme sellers or any other spare pie-muching f**ktards who were to hand, and done the decent thing and taken the hiding that their shit-show of a club deserved

Exactly that!

Great second paragraph Herman!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on August 19, 2019, 09:47:59 pm by Bessie Red »
It's complete fabrication from Bolton. I just checked the average age of the Bolton starting 11 from Saturday & it was 21 ours was 24, granted there were 5 under the age of 19. However if you look at their squad page they have 26 players so unless they have 15 out injured surely they can rotate the youngsters each game to protect their welfare. Complete ballacks from them.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on August 19, 2019, 09:48:51 pm by Herman Hessian »
i'm not sure opposing teams will profit the points, but I can  see a points deduction for them. They have knowingly taken that risk, I hope the deduction is enough so they can not mathematically stay up

Rovers should be given the points for several reasons, not least of which are:

- the absolute lack of respect that BWFC showed to Rovers and their fans by pulling the plug on the game without even bothering to tell us other than sneaking it out on social media; they clearly think they are bigger and more important that us, so f**k them; discourteous, unprofessional, selfish, self-serving Kitsonery of the highest order; just pick the phone up and have a bit of common decency about yourselves for f**k's sake !

- the fact that entirely down to BWFC's quite deliberate and pre-meditated action, Rovers now have to fit in another away game later in the season, presumably - as the hosts - when BWFC can be bothered to arrange the fixture, to suit themselves; if nothing is done, who's to say Rovers won't once again arrange transport, fans will take more time off, move shifts, f**k colleagues about, pay out - again - for travel (I bet that won't be reimbursed !) only for that set of bas**rds to pull the same stunt; it's not just about Bolton being in a 'difficult situation' it's about them treating Rovers like shit, and unless the EFL want to endorse that approach from one supposedly professional club to another, they have to give Rovers the points by way of redress - in addition to hammering Bolton as hard as their own rules and regulations allow

No club is bigger than the game in the broader context - particularly a potless set of lancastrian f**ktards. peter kay is an unfunny Kitson and fred dibnah was a t**t, too....

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on August 19, 2019, 09:58:02 pm by Campsall rover »
This is a total shambles. Are Bolton going to pick and choose which games they are going to play?
Either they are capable of fulfilling their fixtures or they are not.
END OF.
I really feel sorry for their supporters as we know ourselves from the 97/98 season.
But this situation with Bolton and Bury is making a laughing stock of the league.
At least with Bury no one has had the advantage of playing them yet, and they have been given a deadline of 23 rd Aug, always assuming that deadline is not further extended AGAIN.
It’s all beyond a joke and i don’t know how the EFL are going to solve this mess and keep all the other teams in the league happy. :facepalm:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on August 19, 2019, 09:59:01 pm by Bessie Red »

- the absolute lack of respect that BWFC showed to Rovers and their fans by pulling the plug on the game without even bothering to tell us other than sneaking it out on social media; they clearly think they are bigger and more important that us, so f**k them; discourteous, unprofessional, selfish, self-serving Kitsonery of the highest order; just pick the phone up and have a bit of common decency about yourselves for f**k's sake !

- the fact that entirely down to BWFC's quite deliberate and pre-meditated action, Rovers now have to fit in another away game later in the season, presumably - as the hosts - when BWFC can be bothered to arrange the fixture, to suit themselves; if nothing is done, who's to say Rovers won't once again arrange transport, fans will take more time off, move shifts, f**k colleagues about, pay out - again - for travel (I bet that won't be reimbursed !) only for that set of bas**rds to pull the same stunt; it's not just about Bolton being in a 'difficult situation' it's about them treating Rovers like shit, and unless the EFL want to endorse that approach from one supposedly professional club to another, they have to give Rovers the points by way of redress - in addition to hammering Bolton as hard as their own rules and regulations allow

No club is bigger than the game in the broader context - particularly a potless set of lancastrian f**ktards. peter kay is an unfunny Kitson and fred dibnah was a t**t, too....
Exactly that. Their total disrespect of both an opposing team & governing body is staggering. They should be told to play the game or risk being expelled from the competition. Let them decide.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on August 19, 2019, 10:01:25 pm by bpoolrover »
for me bolton and bury should have the rest of there games cancelled and should be automatically relegated that will give them time to either say they can’t carry on or a few months to get a team together

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on August 19, 2019, 10:02:24 pm by Al4475 »
It almost wouldn't be so bad if they'd pulled this trick on any other club - but not Rovers - completely the wrong club to do this to, with many fans from the farcical season of 97-98 still about and still attending games.

There'll be all manner of screams of injustice (fully 100% justified too imo) if any of/a mix of/all of these three things happen:
No further deduction of points to bolton and/or no reward of 3 points to DRFC, game is rescheduled within a time when Bolton can field a full stronger team, Rovers get beat in rescheduled game!

The EFL need to be ballsy and strong here this could set a massive precedent!

Given the history of THAT season and the complete disdain the plight of DRFC was given by the Football League allied to the fact that our club, even at that time when we were being run by the biggest set of tossers to ever get their grubby mitts on a football club, still fulfilled their fixtures without rescheduling, without moaning about tiredness and knowing the team was pretty much in for a battering most times they played, no support was offered - it was a case of, 'you made your bed, lie in it!'

The club went down with the worst ever points total, most defeats, most goals conceded etc etc - and no-one from the authorities gave a flying f**k!

Very very wrong of the authorities if Bolton are not hit massively by them in this instance. Christ, even Sunday morning clubs get fined, punished and sanctioned if they can't fulfill a fixture!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:19:58 pm by Al4475 »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on August 19, 2019, 10:03:33 pm by drfchound »

Exactly that. Their total disrespect of both an opposing team & governing body is staggering. They should be told to play the game or risk being expelled from the competition. Let them decide.

Sorry mate, I don’t think that is going to happen now.
The team are apparently not travelling tomorrow and ticket refunds are going to be issued from 9am.

I will be surprised if we are awarded the points.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on August 19, 2019, 10:07:36 pm by andyst79 »
Apologies if I've missed something, but who in their right mind is going to buy Bolton with the state they're in?! Can anyone see the supposed takeover actually going through?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on August 19, 2019, 10:08:54 pm by Donnywolf »
We should be awarded the Points just to stop BWFC picking and choosing who they want to play

Dont think we will be though

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on August 19, 2019, 10:09:15 pm by roversdude »
Agree the only plausible outcomes are award game to Rovers or cancel rest of their games and expunge result thus far
This in addition to further punishment

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on August 19, 2019, 10:10:56 pm by drfchound »
We should be awarded the Points just to stop BWFC picking and choosing who they want to play

Dont think we will be though

If we don’t get the points they could quite conceivably do this again.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on August 19, 2019, 10:12:38 pm by Filo »
It almost wouldn't be so bad if they'd pulled this trick on any other club - but not Rovers - completely the wrong club to do this to, with many fans from the farcical season of 97-98 still about and still attending games.

There'll be all manner of screams of injustice if any of/a mix of/all of these three things happen:
No further deduction of points to bolton and/or no reward of 3 points to DRFC, game is rescheduled within a time when Bolton can field a full stronger team, Rovers get beat in rescheduled game!

The EFL need to be ballsy and strong here this could set a massive precedent!

Given the history of THAT season and the complete disdain the plight of DRFC was given by the Football League allied to the fact that our club, even at that time when we were being run by the biggest set of tossers to ever get their grubby mitts on a football club, DRFC still fulfilled their fixtures without rescheduling, without moaning about tiredness and knowing the team was pretty much in for a battering most times they played.

The club went down with the worst ever points total, most defeats, most goals conceded etc etc - and no-one from the authorities gave a flying f**k!

Very very wrong of the authorities if Bolton are not hit massively by them in this instance. Christ, even sunday morning clubs get fined if they can't fulfill a fixture!

Spot on Al, of all the clubs to pul this stunt on eh?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on August 19, 2019, 10:15:03 pm by Campsall rover »

The team are apparently not travelling tomorrow and ticket refunds are going to be issued from 9am.

If that is the case hound it says to any club they can decide not to play if the don’t wish, to their own advantage. That cannot be allowed to happen. Either they give Rovers the points or they should be expelled from the league and their 1st three results are null and void.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 10:17:52 pm by Campsall rover »

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on August 19, 2019, 10:15:13 pm by Al4475 »
f**king damn right!

Sorry for the rant!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on August 19, 2019, 10:17:15 pm by drfchound »

If that is the case hound it says to any club they can decide not to play if the don’t wish to their own advantage. That cannot be allowed to happen. Either they give Rovers the points or they should be expelled from the league and their 1st three results are null and void.

I totally agree, you are preaching to the converted mate.
However I am just saying what I think may happen, not what I think should happen.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on August 19, 2019, 10:22:56 pm by roversdude »
Well at least it’s united our fan base lol

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on August 19, 2019, 10:23:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
Good to see how many supporters have absolutely no confidence in the efl.

The ball has well and truly been thrust into their court and it’s almost a ‘dare’ from Bolton!

This is an unfulfilled fixture, simple as, despite Bolton ‘claiming’ it’s a postponement. Nothing less than 3 points to us will do.

From what I’m reading, there’s a distinct possibility that the takeover could be a few weeks away, so what about Saturday? Do Ipswich get to play ‘kids’ and soak up the points and possibly a massive positive goal difference and we get to play them after the January window, when they have the opportunity to strengthen? How, in anybody’s language is that fair?

It stinks to high heaven.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on August 19, 2019, 10:32:07 pm by Filo »

The ball has well and truly been thrust into their court and it’s almost a ‘dare’ from Bolton!

This is an unfulfilled fixture, simple as, despite Bolton ‘claiming’ it’s a postponement. Nothing less than 3 points to us will do.

From what I’m reading, there’s a distinct possibility that the takeover could be a few weeks away, so what about Saturday? Do Ipswich get to play ‘kids’ and soak up the points and possibly a massive positive goal difference and we get to play them after the January window, when they have the opportunity to strengthen? How, in anybody’s language is that fair?

Like others have mentioned, the EFL could bat the ball straight back at them, in the morning the EFL should tell Rovers the game is on and then around 4pm announce via social media that Bolton must play the game or they lose the EFL golden share and are expelled from the EFL. They want to play brinksmanship, lets play

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on August 19, 2019, 10:33:33 pm by drfchound »

Like others have mentioned, the EFL could bat the ball straight back at them, in the morning the EFL should tell Rovers the game is on and then around 4pm announce via social media that Bolton must play the game or they lose the EFL golden share and are expelled from the EFL. They want to play brinksmanship, lets play

Ask them to make it 3.30 please to give us time to get to Bolton.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on August 19, 2019, 10:49:21 pm by Filo »
Age of players in Boltons starting 11 against Tranmere

Remi Mathews 25
Harry Brockbank 20
Jason Lowe 27
Joan Zouma 21
Joe White 17
Callum King-Harmes 17
Sonny Graham 17
Luke Murphy 29
James Weir 24
Eddie Brown 19
Ronan Darcy 18

So they only had 5 teenagers in the starting 11, not exactly being truthfull are they?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on August 19, 2019, 10:50:30 pm by scawsby steve »
The final insult will be Bolton turning a side out against Ipswich on Saturday.

I can fully see that happening.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on August 19, 2019, 10:53:50 pm by RedJ »

Ask them to make it 3.30 please to give us time to get to Bolton.

3:30? You walking mate?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on August 19, 2019, 11:23:00 pm by Alan Southstand »
Bessie Red:

It's complete fabrication from Bolton. I just checked the average age of the Bolton starting 11 from Saturday & it was 21 ours was 24

Just checked and our ave age was 24.4

If Sterling had played and not Copps, that comes down to 22.8.

Not that different!

I can smell something and it rhymes with full slit.

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on August 19, 2019, 11:40:19 pm by Big MAC »
Wasn’t going so does not apply to me but their statement to hold on to your ticket for the rearranged fixture basically amounts to you giving them an interest free loan until a date they decide. Will they put the money in a ring fenced account, or if it goes tits up will your ticket money go with it!
I would definitely be after a refund ASAP..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on August 19, 2019, 11:51:49 pm by Alan Southstand »
The only party to actually say it’s a postponement is Bolton (Administrators). Since when were they given the power to determine if and when a game is postponed?

Answers on a postcard to the EFL!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012