Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:55:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton game off  (Read 29364 times)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton game off
« Reply #210 on August 20, 2019, 12:02:49 am by Reesielad »
This made me chuckle after a day of shit news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #211 on August 20, 2019, 12:04:40 am by Bessie Red »
Bessie Red:

It's complete fabrication from Bolton. I just checked the average age of the Bolton starting 11 from Saturday & it was 21 ours was 24

Just checked and our ave age was 24.4

If Sterling had played and not Copps, that comes down to 22.8.

Not that different!

I can smell something and it rhymes with full slit.
Exactly Al.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #212 on August 20, 2019, 12:18:49 am by BillyStubbsTears »
It's not about the average age.

It's about the fact that several of the squad are 17-18.

I get that argument that you don't want to be putting raw 17 year olds through 2 games a week against mesters.

But it is Bolton's choice not to pay a few quid to the 21st century equivalents of Rod Thornley, (Big) Ben Smith, Darren Brookes, Gary Finley, Domenico Tedaldi, Padi Wilson and Jeff Thorpe.

They could have signed players like that. Strapping 20-odd year olds,with no f**king future in the game to destroy. But they chose not to. So, if there's any justice, they want f**king.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #213 on August 20, 2019, 12:28:09 am by since-1969 »
Why would a team take another points deduction 12 points  almost guaranteeing relegation , and not play on , with only losing 3 points. This fiasco should have been sorted last season. Rovers should be awarded the points as the innocent party as Bolton had fulfilled previous fixtures this season unlike Bury who haven’t yet been allowed to start. .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #214 on August 20, 2019, 12:36:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Further development.

Laurance Bassini (seen to be the villain in the takeover fiasco, and subject to a court hearing with the former owner of Bolton) has gone on radio tonight and claims that the game didn't need to be cancelled and it was a planned move) He says he has spoken to the EFL, about it and he plans to speak publicly to address Bolton fans tomorrow at 7pm, saying the truth (about the takeover) needs to come out.

He didn't elaborate on the motives behind the postponement and whether the EFL believe him is anyone's guess.

I don't know iwhether the  EFL will issue another statement tomorrow.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #215 on August 20, 2019, 12:42:43 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Like I say.

If you were wanting to force the hand of a potential suitor, you'd up the ante by taking a decision that was almost intended to put the club's league standing in doubt.

There's no other explanation of the cancellation that makes sense.

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #216 on August 20, 2019, 12:49:09 am by KieronDRFC »
The average age of Bolton’s team on Saturday was 21. Barnsley’s vs Charlton was 22.5. Ridiculous excuse.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #217 on August 20, 2019, 12:50:32 am by dknward2 »
Could have done this stunt on Saturday talks would have been done today so game could still gone ahead

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #218 on August 20, 2019, 12:51:03 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not sure BST. The Administrator would be causing himself reputational harm if he was doing something untoward.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #219 on August 20, 2019, 12:55:12 am by RedJ »
Bassini hasn't actually got any money though has he? Isn't the whole reason he wants the hotel as well is so he can actually afford to run the club?

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #220 on August 20, 2019, 04:30:53 am by rich1471 »
Bassini hasn't actually got any money though has he? Isn't the whole reason he wants the hotel as well is so he can actually afford to run the club?
i think I read that without the hotel been part of the deal he cannot raise the money to even buy the club

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #221 on August 20, 2019, 07:19:58 am by drfchound »
Good to see how many supporters have absolutely no confidence in the efl.

The ball has well and truly been thrust into their court and it’s almost a ‘dare’ from Bolton!

This is an unfulfilled fixture, simple as, despite Bolton ‘claiming’ it’s a postponement. Nothing less than 3 points to us will do.

From what I’m reading, there’s a distinct possibility that the takeover could be a few weeks away, so what about Saturday? Do Ipswich get to play ‘kids’ and soak up the points and possibly a massive positive goal difference and we get to play them after the January window, when they have the opportunity to strengthen? How, in anybody’s language is that fair?

It stinks to high heaven.

Like others have mentioned, the EFL could bat the ball straight back at them, in the morning the EFL should tell Rovers the game is on and then around 4pm announce via social media that Bolton must play the game or they lose the EFL golden share and are expelled from the EFL. They want to play brinksmanship, lets play

Ask them to make it 3.30 please to give us time to get to Bolton.

3:30? You walking mate?

No mate, I was on the Hatfield coach and that was the planned leave time.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #222 on August 20, 2019, 07:50:55 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The more I think about this, the EFL have got a big decision to make.

As they say in their statement, the integrity of the competition has now been compromised. Effectively they have two 'members' unable to fulfil fixtures.

Is it fair to the rest of the clubs that Bolton be allowed to continue to play a weakened team with their opponents gaining an advantage to those who are likely to play them after a takeover goes through when they can field a stronger team?

If the answer to that is no, what should be done.

1. Suspend their fixtures until the takeover is complete. (bearing in mind Bury have been given 4 league games so far and have a deadline before being excluded}

Or

2. Exclude them from the EFL.

The EFL have been generous to both Bolton and Bury in allowing them to remain members of the EFL but that has been compromised further..

I'm not sure what the current state is at Bury but with the transfer deadline approaching how can to EFL be sure they can fulfil the rest of their fixtures?

It's never a good thing that Towns loose their club with the fans suffering but,  a number of clubs have risen again from the ashes, but it looks like the EFL have to act quickly. I fear for them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #223 on August 20, 2019, 07:54:24 am by drfchound »
The way the EFL are dragging this on (with Bury and Bolton) is almost as bad as the Brexit situation.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #224 on August 20, 2019, 07:57:29 am by Chris Black come back »
If you read the article Liam Hoden has written then it looks distinctly like Bolton are going to get away with this, as the FA/EFL seem unwilling to kick a man when he is down. Game to perhaps be replayed at some point in figure?

The crucial question though is whether Bolton seek to play on Saturday. If they do, then the authorities are really in a difficult place.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #225 on August 20, 2019, 07:57:57 am by Filo »
For me the EFL have no choice but to come down hard on Bolton for their actions, they should expel them from the EFL, simple as that, send a message to any other clubs thinking about pulling the same stunt

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #226 on August 20, 2019, 08:12:32 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's not really about the 'stunt' though, it's about their ability to fulfil their fixtures and the effect on other clubs while their situation remains unresolved. It's about their sheer existence. The EFL have already been generous to them.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #227 on August 20, 2019, 08:33:12 am by Copps is Magic »
Allardyce's thoughts on the 'welfare' issue.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1163700870535663618

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #228 on August 20, 2019, 08:42:21 am by Barmby Rover »
If this were Scunthorpe, or Wimbledon or us, teams without a foothold in the Prem. club, they would pure and simple close them down. They haven't done it to Bury because they have been lucky to get in trouble at the same time as Bolton. The little cabal at the EFL which preserves what the Premier League want are being caught out. They have their rules, but haven't the guts to enforce them. It is about time the FA stepped in and took over the running of football in this country, kicked out the PL if needs be and started running proper competition instead of taking their nice little earners from very rich people. This was always the "peoples game" this whole debacle shows what a farce the sport is nowadays.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #229 on August 20, 2019, 08:53:11 am by selby »
  Are Bolton, by their actions over this game admitting that they are unable to fulfil their fixtures throughout the coming season if the muted takeover is not completed  before the transfer window closes.
   This is not the  only week that the same situation will occur this season, potential cup replays, bad weather causing fixture pile up, Chekatrade trophy games, all require  midweek games.
   So what are they proposing to do if no deal is forthcoming during the period between now and the end of the season, they cannot fulfil their fixtures without massive disruption to other clubs if this is the stand they are going to take, and the deal completion has nothing to do with football, but the ownership of an Hotel.
  If  the football league let them get away with this stunt they are forever the fools that can be manipulated by some(bigger) in their eyes clubs, while they let Hereford, Chester, Bury, Bradford Park Avenue go to the wall for buttons comparatively and that stinks.
  Personally for footballs sake and future I would chuck them out of the league, The ground at the side of the M6 serving as a warning of the penalty you pay when cheating paying players you cannot afford, which should have happened years ago to Leeds and Leicester.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #230 on August 20, 2019, 08:58:17 am by The Red Baron »

As they say in their statement, the integrity of the competition has now been compromised. Effectively they have two 'members' unable to fulfil fixtures.

Is it fair to the rest of the clubs that Bolton be allowed to continue to play a weakened team with their opponents gaining an advantage to those who are likely to play them after a takeover goes through when they can field a stronger team?

1. Suspend their fixtures until the takeover is complete. (bearing in mind Bury have been given 4 league games so far and have a deadline before being excluded}

Or

The EFL have been generous to both Bolton and Bury in allowing them to remain members of the EFL but that has been compromised further..

I'm not sure what the current state is at Bury but with the transfer deadline approaching how can to EFL be sure they can fulfil the rest of their fixtures?

It's never a good thing that Towns loose their club with the fans suffering but,  a number of clubs have risen again from the ashes, but it looks like the EFL have to act quickly. I fear for them.

Strikes me there are three things the EFL could do.

1. They could tell Bolton that the game HAS to be replayed next Tuesday or Wednesday on pain of expulsion. Conveniently both clubs are out of the Carabao Cup, and it would mean Rovers would play the game on similar terms as they would have done today (i.e. we don't end up facing a bunch of battle-hardened pros some time after Christmas).

2. If they think this really is a one off, they could award Rovers a default victory, as they did when Bolton failed to fulfil their fixture against Brentford last season. (I think this is unlikely, so don't get your hopes up!)

3. They could suspend Bolton's games until the takeover goes through, though with the same caveat they have put on Bury that this is not an open-ended process and may eventually result in expulsion.

On balance, I think 3. is the most likely. The issue of any sanctions will presumably parked and dealt with along with those still pending over the Brentford fixture.

One of the best solutions I've heard is to relegate both clubs to League Two for next season, wipe out any games that have been played (by Bolton) and allow both clubs to start next season with a clean slate, assuming they survive. It would mean a 22 team League One this season and only two teams going down. It's probably too sensible for the EFL, but it has merit for me.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #231 on August 20, 2019, 09:00:32 am by wing commander »
   I for one don't buy this protecting the youngsters stuff.There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye..

I've dealt with administrators and believe me they are ruthless,they don't care whether it's a football club or a orphanage..They had a very good reason why they didn't want to play the game tonight that's for sure,and whatever it is,it isn't anything to do with players welfare.

Administrators are not stupid people, they didn't fail to notify the Efl about it because they are naïve to the rules,they knew alright.They also knew that if they had requested the match been called off the efl would have rejected it, and then they would have to play and if they then had refused they would be in ten times the trouble...They didn't tell the Rovers for the same reason,the first thing we would have done on being informed is contact the efl and then the cat was out the bag...

So they knew what they were doing,they waited until it was to late to do anything about it before they announced it.It was planned...The efl will know that,i'm sure Gavin being a intelligent man will know that..The question is whether anybody has the balls to fight our corner on it..!!!!!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #232 on August 20, 2019, 09:04:59 am by Donnywolf »
It is a very bad situation for both Bury and Bolton - and one we can relate to

Bury would probably have had the book thrown at them IF Bolton were not in a similar mess simultaneously

However being able to pick and choose who you want to play is just not on. It is unfair to fans both home and away who will have booked holidays trains hotels etc only for someone to decide at the 11th hour the game cant go ahead

It is also unfair to Clubs (this time its us) who have been selected by Computer to play BWFC TODAY. It is not our fault Bolton are a "supposed" wounded animal. Their Club exists still - they have employees - and the game should have gone ahead OR - and it wont happen - Bolton should be able to "rest" their players and forfeit the 3 Points each time they choose to do so

They are effectively CONCEDING that they would not win tonights game and so they should forfeit the 3 Points
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:24:32 am by Donnywolf »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #233 on August 20, 2019, 09:09:45 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a real difficult one. Whilst we all support fellow fans the their quest for being treated fairly, I think the authorities have now got to act.

Again, it comes back to the integrity of the competition. Well run clubs are already being inconvenced by two clubs being unable to fulfil fixtures.

In other cases of administration, playing squads were kept reasonably intact, certainly enough to fulfil fixtures and compete. Neither Bolton or Bury were prepared for the season but it appears after assurances from the relevant administrators the EFL allowed the both to remain in the league.

How many more fixtures have to be compromised?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:20:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #234 on August 20, 2019, 09:12:01 am by Alan Southstand »
Spell check alert!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #235 on August 20, 2019, 09:21:39 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's a real difficult one. Whilst we all support fellow fans the their quest for being treated fairly, I think the authorities have now got to act.

Again, it comes back to the integrity of the completion. We'll run clubs are already being inconvenced by two clubs being unable to fulfil fixtures.

In other cases of administration, playing squads were kept reasonably intact, certainly enough to fulfil fixtures and compete. Neither Bolton or Bury were prepared for the season but it appears after assurances from the relevant administrators the EFL allowed the both to remain in the league.

How many more fixtures have to be compromised?

Or

Strikes me there are three things the EFL could do.

1. They could tell Bolton that the game HAS to be replayed next Tuesday or Wednesday on pain of expulsion. Conveniently both clubs are out of the Carabao Cup, and it would mean Rovers would play the game on similar terms as they would have done today (i.e. we don't end up facing a bunch of battle-hardened pros some time after Christmas).

2. If they think this really is a one off, they could award Rovers a default victory, as they did when Bolton failed to fulfil their fixture against Brentford last season. (I think this is unlikely, so don't get your hopes up!)

3. They could suspend Bolton's games until the takeover goes through, though with the same caveat they have put on Bury that this is not an open-ended process and may eventually result in expulsion.

On balance, I think 3. is the most likely. The issue of any sanctions will presumably parked and dealt with along with those still pending over the Brentford fixture.

One of the best solutions I've heard is to relegate both clubs to League Two for next season, wipe out any games that have been played (by Bolton) and allow both clubs to start next season with a clean slate, assuming they survive. It would mean a 22 team League One this season and only two teams going down. It's probably too sensible for the EFL, but it has merit for me.

Yes, Your first solution is an option and well thought out.

I'm sure the EFL will be grilling the Administrator today and demanding evidence of his plan to fulfil fixtures/complete the takeover.

If he is unable to convince them with any certainty there can only be one outcome.

I think the other solution re relegating them both to league two isn:t viable, as this is unfair to other clubs who are run well and abide by the rules.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 10:21:44 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #236 on August 20, 2019, 09:25:21 am by selby »
  Alan, I agree with you, it was about the cost or ability to stage the game ( fulfilling their obligations to the safety certificate) or shoving interested parties to complete the deal, nothing at all to do with the well being of the young players.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #237 on August 20, 2019, 09:38:37 am by wing commander »
   I wonder if they will play Saturday at home to Ipswich?? Will the EFL allow them to play?? That would just look like picking and choosing their games to suit themselves and make the EFL look weak..Of course Ipswich wont be happy either as they do play tonight so regardless of squads Bolton will be getting a advantage..

Regardless of that neutral statement the EFL put out last night behind closed doors they will be furious becauser Bolton have put them in a impossible position here and engineered it to do so..

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #238 on August 20, 2019, 09:48:52 am by wing commander »

It is a very bad situation for both Bury and Bolton - and one we can relate to

Bury would probably have had the book thrown at them IF Bolton were not in a similar mess simultaneously

However being able to pick and choose who you want to play is just not on. It is unfair to fans both home and away who will have booked holidays trains hotels etc only for someone to decide at the 11th hour the game cant go ahead

It is also unfair to Clubs (this time its us) who have been selected by Computer to play BWFC TODAY. It is not our fault Bolton are a "supposed" wounded animal. Their Club exists still - they have employees - and the game should have gone ahead OR and it wont happen Bolton should be able to "rest" their players and forfeit the 3 Points eac time they do this

They are effectively CONCEDING that they would not win tonights game and so they should forfeit the 3 Points
   I for one don't buy this protecting the youngsters stuff.There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye..

I've dealt with administrators and believe me they are ruthless,they don't care whether it's a football club or a orphanage..They had a very good reason why they didn't want to play the game tonight that's for sure,and whatever it is,it isn't anything to do with players welfare.

Administrators are not stupid people, they didn't fail to notify the Efl about it because they are naïve to the rules,they knew alright.They also knew that if they had requested the match been called off the efl would have rejected it, and then they would have to play and if they then had refused they would be in ten times the trouble...They didn't tell the Rovers for the same reason,the first thing we would have done on being informed is contact the efl and then the cat was out the bag...

So they knew what they were doing,they waited until it was to late to do anything about it before they announced it.It was planned...The efl will know that,i'm sure Gavin being a intelligent man will know that..The question is whether anybody has the balls to fight our corner on it..!!!!!!

And just to prove how ruthless Administrators are..The tel number that Bolton fans have been given to claim a refund for their ticket for tonights match is a premium line charging them 7p a minute.!!!!!!

It wouldn't surprise me if the waiting times are that long that by the time they get through the fans will owe them the money.!!!!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #239 on August 20, 2019, 10:03:32 am by roversdude »
How old were Ian Snodin and Alick when they broke into the team

TinyPortal © 2005-2012