Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 03:09:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: EFL  (Read 12608 times)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: EFL
« Reply #60 on August 20, 2019, 09:22:39 am by Dutch Uncle »
We have to look at this situation on its merits but it cannot be ignored that the footballing authorities of whatever guise, shape or form have never dealt us a fair hand - from 97/98 to the Charlton deluge and the preposterous decision on the penalty end in May, the SOD request over Ipswich, to the Belles and how JR was kept off the FA committee in favour of some boring suit. We have never received anything from anyone so why would this be any different?

I suppose you wouldn’t be paranoid if they weren’t after you CBCB  :lol:

Edit: By the way I agree with you, and above really should read ‘we’ and ‘us’
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 09:43:18 am by Dutch Uncle »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 20, 2019, 09:26:18 am by Chris Black come back »
Follow the money!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on August 20, 2019, 10:31:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 20, 2019, 10:43:56 am by sedwardsdrfc »
If Bolton did this purely for their player welfare then awarding us 3pts is surely something they'd accept? given how important their players welfare is.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 20, 2019, 10:52:14 am by Alan Southstand »
There’s enough re-arranged fixtures to fit in later in the season, due to legitimate reasons.

We should refuse any revised dates. It could end up disadvantaging us - how is that fair?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 20, 2019, 10:59:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well that's an issue for the rest of the League One clubs.

The situation is already having a detrimental effect on the league. Steve Evans at Gillingham has already gone to press following their postponement v Bury.

If the EFL allow this to go on, then I can see the other clubs getting together to challenge the EFL.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 20, 2019, 12:26:11 pm by silent majority »
Bury will be out of business by the end of this week.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 20, 2019, 12:47:57 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
What's your view on the tricky Bolton situation Martin?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 20, 2019, 12:54:47 pm by wing commander »
To be fair on Martin with his close connections to the club and his role with the FSF I'm not sure on this occasion it's fair to ask him that at this time tbh...

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 20, 2019, 12:58:53 pm by drfcsteve »
Sorry if I've missed this, have the football league actually confirmed the game is off?

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 20, 2019, 01:33:23 pm by OneandOnly »
Bolton fan in peace.

One or two points.
I'm not sure that anyone at the club would bat two eyelids if the 3 points were awarded to yourselves. Some on this forum have stated that it was done in order to play later in the season when we have better players, I would ask why ? We're on -12 points at the start of the season. We're likely to get circa 6 points off for missing the Brentford game last term. Add another half dozen on penalties for tonights game, and we're currently -23.
I don't think ANYONE at the club expects anything other than relegation this season, so theres no point in waiting for a better team to play you.
Someone mentioned that we should go and sign some free agents. Yes we should. And indeed we have. The EFL won't allow us to register them until we come out of administration - see Hobbs, Jack.
Some have mentioned the youth teams you were forced to play when you lost your league position. Nat Lofthouse was 15 when he scored his first goal for the cub, and used to work down the pit before playing in the afternoon. But things have changed. And the environemnt that you played your kids in is no longer there.
The way that the administrators have behaved in calling the game off is nothing short of a disgrace, and they certainly should have consulted with yourselves and the league first, but I understand why it has been called off (even if I don't necessarily agree with it).I would rather have played with 2 subs than bring in the under 15s as was going to be necessary.
I wish you well for the remainder of the season, and whilst I hope we dont meet next season (I would like to see you stay up), doing so would at least mean I still have a team to support.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 20, 2019, 02:46:53 pm by no eyed deer »
Bolton fan in peace.

One or two points.
I'm not sure that anyone at the club would bat two eyelids if the 3 points were awarded to yourselves. Some on this forum have stated that it was done in order to play later in the season when we have better players, I would ask why ? We're on -12 points at the start of the season. We're likely to get circa 6 points off for missing the Brentford game last term. Add another half dozen on penalties for tonights game, and we're currently -23.
I don't think ANYONE at the club expects anything other than relegation this season, so theres no point in waiting for a better team to play you.
Someone mentioned that we should go and sign some free agents. Yes we should. And indeed we have. The EFL won't allow us to register them until we come out of administration - see Hobbs, Jack.
Some have mentioned the youth teams you were forced to play when you lost your league position. Nat Lofthouse was 15 when he scored his first goal for the cub, and used to work down the pit before playing in the afternoon. But things have changed. And the environemnt that you played your kids in is no longer there.
The way that the administrators have behaved in calling the game off is nothing short of a disgrace, and they certainly should have consulted with yourselves and the league first, but I understand why it has been called off (even if I don't necessarily agree with it).I would rather have played with 2 subs than bring in the under 15s as was going to be necessary.
I wish you well for the remainder of the season, and whilst I hope we dont meet next season (I would like to see you stay up), doing so would at least mean I still have a team to support.

What is raw with a lot of fans on here is the the same happened to us in 1998. Nobody raised an eyebrow other than laugh at our situation. Just look at the record books.

As a football fan I do hope your club pulls  through.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 20, 2019, 02:51:21 pm by Filo »
As mentioned yesterday of all the clubs to pull this stunt on you had choose the one that were forced to play our games in 97/98

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 20, 2019, 03:03:03 pm by jmt23 »
And that is the main point. We were shafted every week, and everyone laughed, and you will never know how much that hurts. As above look at our record breaking season.
I would not wish that on any fan, and really feel for Bury and Bolton fans.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 03:10:31 pm by jmt23 »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on August 20, 2019, 03:23:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Bolton fan in peace.

One or two points.

Thanks for the input. You can also see the concern over the implications beyond the postponement of the game tonight.

I have been following developments relating to the takeover and I think we'd all have sympathy for you in the way this situation has arisen and the uncertainty that remains about the future of your club. The fans seem to be the last to be considered when being kept informed of any developments.

The EFL and Administrator have been clearly been frustrated by those involved in the purchase of the club and the hotel.

As far as the football is concerned we all want to compete on a level playing field however, fair competition has been compromised and how the EFL are going to resolve this we don't know.

For your sake, and everyone's sake, let's hope this is resolved quickly so not to prolong your agony.

We had to take our medicine years ago and have come back better for it. I'm sure sooner or later Bolton will still have a club you can be proud of once again.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 20, 2019, 05:13:06 pm by goalkick »
I wonder how long it will be before the EFL make an official statement on how the matter will be resolved,has to be somthing before the weekend.I would imagine we will end up getting the wrong end of any decisions.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 20, 2019, 05:19:05 pm by Michael Gibson »
In all respect to Bolton’s support, I’d hate to give another club an advantage, but this is ridiculous, they clearly stated they could fulfill there fixtures etc, supporters have paid money, this is a clear case of we’ll get t**tted!!! Anything but a 3-0 will open the gates to carnage

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 20, 2019, 05:33:20 pm by Dare to dream! »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on August 20, 2019, 05:38:24 pm by silent majority »
https://www.efl.com/news/2019/august/efl-statement-bury-fc-update3

Looking bleek for Bury.

Yep, as I said earlier they will be out of business by Friday. Of course we have been talking to their supporters, and the supporters trust at length, and it's become increasingly clear that Bury will have to reform as a supporters club, and start all over again.

I hope it doesn't come to that, I hope there's a miracle somewhere, but I can't see one.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on August 20, 2019, 05:46:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just heard that Dale has refused to accept the latest takeover bid. That must be the final nail in the coffin, unless a deal xan be thrashed out by Friday. Assuming the potential new buyers need to go through due diligence, it maybe too late for them.

If the Bury fans have reluctantly accepted their fate, that's a least a start,

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 20, 2019, 05:48:55 pm by silent majority »
What's your view on the tricky Bolton situation Martin?

It's a dilemma to be honest Baz, on the one hand you don't want to do anything that deprives the Bolton fans of their club, we would do anything to make sure they don't fold, but on the other we don't want to undermine publicly what the EFL are doing by imposing tough rules which attempt to stop clubs lurching from one bad owner to another.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 20, 2019, 05:51:50 pm by Barmby Rover »
I have every sympathy with Bolton fans, and their owners have completely ruined what was a good club. But in the end rukles should be enforced, as they have been against so many lower league clubs. Bolton should go the way of Wimbledon and have to start again.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 20, 2019, 06:14:35 pm by Superspy »
After a lot of criticism for the FL regarding their statement over the Bolton situation, fair play to them for spelling out exactly what will happen (relegations\promotions, etc) in that statement regarding Bury. At least that one is crystal clear for everybody.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 20, 2019, 06:26:46 pm by wing commander »
They probably haven't a clue what to do about the Bolton situation...I will be surprised and disappointed if they are allowed to play Saturday.So they haven't got long to put something out...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 20, 2019, 06:35:37 pm by silent majority »
They probably haven't a clue what to do about the Bolton situation...I will be surprised and disappointed if they are allowed to play Saturday.So they haven't got long to put something out...

There is precedent though, so I'm assuming they weigh up their options and then announce something. The sooner the better for their reputation and that of the whole competition.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 20, 2019, 06:42:22 pm by rover-n-out »
Just read an article from The Guardian stating the EFL are referring the matter to an independent regulatory. This article also states Bolton are likely to incur further points deduction for unilaterally cancelling our game, and will also take into account the Brentford game, cancelled by Bolton at the end of last season. It also states the EFL expects our game with Bolton to be played at some point.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 20, 2019, 06:53:08 pm by wing commander »
Sm are you talking about the Brentford game as the precedent mate??

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on August 20, 2019, 06:57:21 pm by the vicar »
Excuse me but that, if it happens a load of bollards or something similar

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 20, 2019, 06:57:42 pm by les@donr »
Bolton unilaterally cancelled our game. They must forfeit the points that were up for grabs, and we should be awarded the game with a win and 3 points, anything else would be a travesty of the spirit and laws of the game.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 20, 2019, 07:00:30 pm by the vicar »
They gave Brentford 3 points last season, so if they don't do the same to us that is double standards

TinyPortal © 2005-2012