Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:47:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 5642 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #30 on August 22, 2019, 09:37:39 am by ravenrover »
Or was it more a case of how McCann SAID he conducted business, who do you believe now?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 22, 2019, 09:38:42 am by silent majority »
Well done to John . We would likely be up there with Blackpool had he stayed with us imo. We wouldn’t be in this league without his fantastic contribution either.😀⚽️👍

We would have been up there with Blackpool without him had we played Bolton and won by 2-0 or more.

People were booing Danny Andrew on Saturday because he left us to be nearer to family members and for a pay increase.

I wonder if people will boo Marquis when he comes to the Keepmoat.
people were booing Andrew cos of how he conducted business with us not cos he has left in my opinion

Absolutely agree with that Dave.

I don't mind anybody leaving but there are ways of doing it, getting DRFC to prepare contracts and then keep insisting you'll pop in and sign them, and then all of a sudden you disappear and sign for somebody else. Pah!

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 22, 2019, 10:22:47 am by Rovers Return »
Also Marquis left it until the last minute hoping a Championship deal would miraculously come along ( not good enough) and at the sign of tumbleweed he signed for a rival, a club he refused to join earlier,with the parting shot of’ “if you don’t let me go I’ll go on the injury list for the season”. Please boo away!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:25:31 am by Rovers Return »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 22, 2019, 10:50:07 am by Michael Shaw »
I don't agree wit booing players. I hope Marquis is happy playing for Pompey and enjoying his family time, but as he is playing for a competitor, I hope he struggles to score goals.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 22, 2019, 10:52:22 am by StocktonRover »
Also Marquis left it until the last minute hoping a Championship deal would miraculously come along ( not good enough) and at the sign of tumbleweed he signed for a rival, a club he refused to join earlier,with the parting shot of’ “if you don’t let me go I’ll go on the injury list for the season”. Please boo away!

Genuine question - Did he really say that?

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 22, 2019, 11:00:01 am by sha66y »
Booing Marquis should be seen has trying to affect how he plays,

it’s not personal , well not always,

but any advantage gained by ruffling a strikers feathers is good for business

...some strikers love to be taunted, some probably not....

Lets see how JM reacts....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 22, 2019, 12:19:07 pm by idler »
Billy Sharp is a hero but he cost us £2 million by going to Southampton in January instead of the previous summer.
Is that worse than JM?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 22, 2019, 01:31:41 pm by RoversAlias »

Can't see any facts in that post. A few wild aspersions though!

Marquis deserves a hearty round of applause before kick off when he comes back here, then we get on with the game. Anyone booing him is a fool in my opinion, he is one of the best strikers we've had in decades.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 22, 2019, 01:32:55 pm by Michael Shaw »
I never understood how Billy managed to do a runner just before we were relegated that year.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 22, 2019, 01:34:30 pm by Michael Shaw »
The question is "is JM a past hero or a current enemy?".

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 22, 2019, 02:16:38 pm by Jonathan »

No.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 22, 2019, 03:05:23 pm by scawsby steve »
Booing Marquis should be seen has trying to affect how he plays,

it’s not personal , well not always,

but any advantage gained by ruffling a strikers feathers is good for business

...some strikers love to be taunted, some probably not....

Lets see how JM reacts....

You're right in suggesting that some players react differently to others when abused. However, I personally believe that most of the time it just acts as an incentive to make the player perform better.

The best example of this was Luke McCormick, who received the worst dog's abuse ever at the Keepmoat, and quite rightly so after his incident with Mandeville and Copps, but all it did was inspire him to have an absolute blinder.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 22, 2019, 04:14:59 pm by Rovers Return »

No.

Sure?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012