Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:54:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bury FC  (Read 9256 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Bury FC
« Reply #30 on August 22, 2019, 06:33:20 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The EFL should suspend both Bury if still alive and Bolton for a season. If they both prove they are viable then they can start again in League 2 and only relegate two teams this season....

If they can't play they really should be demoted below the national North league, just as happens to others. Tough for fans but a corporate reality check that is well needed for clubs, esp those like Bolton.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 22, 2019, 06:38:29 pm by Muttley »
....   and we have Terry Bramall and Andrew Watson paying off our debts. We are very lucky.

We don't have any debts, thanks to TB and the Watson family.
I have not seen the accounts but expect that the situation is that the club is indebted to the above mentioned owners who could at any time demand payment which, if they did, would inevitably place continuance of the club in jeopardy.  Just as it would have done if JR had called in his loans. Owning a football club is a rich man's hobby in most cases.

Maybe you should trust the word of someone who has seen the accounts instead of making wild guesses.

Bramall and Watson convert all the debt into equity so they effectively have no way of liquidating it, other than selling their shares.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on August 22, 2019, 06:44:43 pm by IDM »
The EFL should suspend both Bury if still alive and Bolton for a season. If they both prove they are viable then they can start again in League 2 and only relegate two teams this season....

If they can't play they really should be demoted below the national North league, just as happens to others. Tough for fans but a corporate reality check that is well needed for clubs, esp those like Bolton.

I don’t think that can happen, not directly.  A club’s expelled from the EFL would have to apply to the organisation running the league at the relevant level.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 22, 2019, 06:49:05 pm by PDX_Rover »
Somebody give Dennis O’Brien a call... Bury would seem aptly named at this point. Sad. You have to look at fit and proper testing for owners.the league and FA don’t really care though do they?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 22, 2019, 06:49:53 pm by RoversAlias »
If Bury or Bolton go out of business they will have to start again at the local level, whichever league accepts them for next season. North West Counties league I think it is at Level 9/10, it would probably be there.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 22, 2019, 07:05:42 pm by silent majority »
....   and we have Terry Bramall and Andrew Watson paying off our debts. We are very lucky.

We don't have any debts, thanks to TB and the Watson family.

I have not seen the accounts but expect that the situation is that the club is indebted to the above mentioned owners who could at any time demand payment which, if they did, would inevitably place continuance of the club in jeopardy.  Just as it would have done if JR had called in his loans. Owning a football club is a rich man's hobby in most cases.

No, you're wrong Avsuptem. When I say we don't have any debts then we don't have any, that's loans or otherwise. If there are no loans to call in then your scenario doesn't exist.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 22, 2019, 07:20:52 pm by drfchound »
Think it's a lost cause. It's clear that Dale doesn't really want to save Bury, he's just interested in stripping every penny he can out of the club. He's a bit of a disaster capitalist it seems. Nothing the EFL can do at this point, although how he passed the fit and proper person test is another matter...

Worst thing of it is, I don't believe he did pass the test! Somehow, he hasn't even taken it yet despite being allowed to take control of the club and sink it to oblivion.

There was a piece on the ITV news tonight which involved a lady from the EFL.
She clearly said that nothing came up to prevent Dale from buying the club, no bankruptcies etc.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 22, 2019, 07:26:09 pm by silent majority »
Think it's a lost cause. It's clear that Dale doesn't really want to save Bury, he's just interested in stripping every penny he can out of the club. He's a bit of a disaster capitalist it seems. Nothing the EFL can do at this point, although how he passed the fit and proper person test is another matter...

Worst thing of it is, I don't believe he did pass the test! Somehow, he hasn't even taken it yet despite being allowed to take control of the club and sink it to oblivion.

She clearly said that nothing came up to prevent Dale from buying the club, no bankruptcies etc.

And that's the problem. It's part of the discussions we have with the EFL all the time.

Their response, and I have some sympathy, is that if they pass the test today what happens if they decide to go rogue a year or two down the line?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 22, 2019, 07:37:44 pm by drfchound »

Worst thing of it is, I don't believe he did pass the test! Somehow, he hasn't even taken it yet despite being allowed to take control of the club tand sink it to oblivion.

And that's the problem. It's part of the discussions we have with the EFL all the time.

Their response, and I have some sympathy, is that if they pass the test today what happens if they decide to go rogue a year or two down the line?

In the case of Bury though SM, Dale purchased Bury in December last year so is it the case that he has become an improper person to own a football club in the last nine months.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 22, 2019, 08:46:09 pm by drfchound »
Once again, Bury could be given an extension to the “expulsion deadline”.
The EFL do seem to be afraid to make the decision.
Maybe this one will go out to an arbitrator.

God knows when we will get a resolution to the Bolton conundrum that involves our game against them.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:49:20 pm by drfchound »

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 22, 2019, 08:49:42 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
So is tomorrow’s deadline no more? I am absolutely desperate for them to stay in business, proper club

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 22, 2019, 08:51:09 pm by Metalmicky »
So is tomorrow’s deadline no more? I am absolutely desperate for them to stay in business, proper club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49438243

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 22, 2019, 09:21:07 pm by Al4475 »
PDX - they could have Kevin Phelan too.  :whistle:

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 22, 2019, 09:34:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Sounds better for them now then. Potentially could be their first game v us next week

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 22, 2019, 09:36:09 pm by Chris Black come back »
Admittedly Queen Victoria had only just died and the First World War was over a decade away, but Bury are FA Cup winners (1903) which has to be respected.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:17:21 pm by Chris Black come back »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 22, 2019, 10:14:37 pm by MachoMadness »
That is good news (potentially). Although it does mean Dale gets to ride off into the sunset saying this was his plan all along. Football eh?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 22, 2019, 10:22:38 pm by dknward2 »
Sounds better for them now then. Potentially could be their first game v us next week

That would be fantastic hope for the fans sake they get sorted

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 22, 2019, 10:22:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Earlier today the EFL lady, Jeavons? Said a deadline is a deadline however if 4 interested parties have come forward, then a 48 hour extension is reasonable. But, what then?..

How long for the takeover to be completed?
How long before Bury are ready to play?

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 22, 2019, 11:04:18 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Call me an old romantic but I would gladly take a loss now if it meant we played them next week and they still had a club to support

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 22, 2019, 11:54:25 pm by albie »
A bit more detail for those who like to dig down;
http://priceoffootball.com/bury-minutes-to-midnight/

What a fiasco!

Darren

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 23, 2019, 12:37:22 am by Darren »
Call me an old romantic but I would gladly take a loss now if it meant we played them next week and they still had a club to support
Call me a old bloke that has supported Doncaster Rovers for over 40yrs, i never want to see my team lose, ever.  #DRFC

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 23, 2019, 01:26:43 am by RoversAlias »
No me neither. I really hope they are saved and the game with us goes ahead, but if it does I will be expecting three good points to the Rovers.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 23, 2019, 06:45:26 am by Mustapha-Dump »
I don’t want to see us lose either, I was looking forward to giving Bolton a pummelling Tuesday night, it was more a token of hoping they still had a club to support

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 23, 2019, 10:52:25 am by Dr Fundlekrotch »
Dale has just been on TalkSport and asked Bury fans to see if they can raise £2.7m by the end of the day.  It suggests that talks with the interested parties are not going well.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 23, 2019, 11:16:56 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Dale has just been on TalkSport and asked Bury fans to see if they can raise £2.7m by the end of the day.  It suggests that talks with the interested parties are not going well.

The thing is, Dale doesn't want the £1 he paid for the club, he wants what he thinks is the true value of it. Plus he expects to recoup all the money he's spent on the club while he's been owner!!

This is why the situation is so bad, he's completely unhinged about it, unless he really does want to screw the club in the ground to get some other benefit. I asked earlier in the thread...who owns the ground - and would they benefit from there not being a football club using it any more?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 23, 2019, 11:32:28 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
No way that they will cough up that money on his request. I think they would rather be liquidated and start afresh. He took the risk and should take the responsibility and do the right thing!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 23, 2019, 02:03:07 pm by Colin C No.3 »
People even wanted us to get involved with hedge fund company's saying it was the way forward :thumbdown:

zzzzzzzzzzz
I take it you were one of them then.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 23, 2019, 02:58:03 pm by PDX_Rover »
People even wanted us to get involved with hedge fund company's saying it was the way forward :thumbdown:

zzzzzzzzzzz
I take it you were one of them then.

Re: ELF... ignorance is bliss.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 23, 2019, 03:13:26 pm by the vicar »
No me neither. I really hope they are saved and the game with us goes ahead, but if it does I will be expecting three good points to the Rovers.
what is the betting you don't get what you expect lol, it is us you are talking about

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 23, 2019, 04:57:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

zzzzzzzzzzz

The next time you start yet another thread of pathetically negative drivel I hope that every reply it receives consists of 'zzzzzzzzzzz'.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012