Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:08:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today’s Game  (Read 2072 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Today’s Game
« on August 24, 2019, 11:48:33 am by Herbert Anchovy »
Really, really looking forward to today’s game. Had some right ding dongs with Lincoln over the years & I’ve always thought Rovers v Lincoln is a proper rivalry! I know from a few older Rovers fans that this rivalry goes right back to the 60’s, and maybe beyond. It’s good to see that they’re back playing us. We had some great away days at Lincoln in the 80’s on Davey Matthews bus; crate of ale on the bus down there, a booze up in Lincoln then onto the match! I genuinely wish Lincoln all the best after today’s game but hope they get trounced today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Re: Today’s Game
« Reply #1 on August 24, 2019, 12:02:34 pm by Paul Simpson »
Good luck to our boys today!! Where’s Ben Sheaf? Injured? Let’s hope madjer Gomes has a good game 🤞

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 24, 2019, 12:16:18 pm by Barmby Rover »
Didn't know it was 12.30 kick off, missed the game now, we are at least an hour away.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 24, 2019, 01:27:17 pm by Bessie Red »
Didn't think I would ever sat this but it's a pleasure to have the normal announcer back after the numpty we had against Fleetwood!!

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 24, 2019, 02:44:39 pm by rover-n-out »
Like you Barmby, I missed the game too, got my ticket yesterday and didn't think for a moment to check the ko time. Out shopping with the mrs this aft when, ping!! a message pops up on my phone HT Doncaster 1-0 Lincoln, you could've knocked me down with a feather.
I know it's comletely my fault for being a dozey t**t, but it would be helpful if the ticket office staff could remind people it's an earlier/later ko time when you buy your tickets, just as an extra bit of service.
Still, we got the win, so that has tempered my anger at myself a bit.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 24, 2019, 02:56:56 pm by normal rules »
The ko time would have been printed on the ticket?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 24, 2019, 03:08:38 pm by Nudga »
I didn't go and I knew the KO time

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 24, 2019, 03:11:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
Would have been better if you had gone and the other guy sat in your armchair instead.

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 24, 2019, 03:17:27 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
I don't live in England so was never going today but logged on at three to see the team to be pleasantly surprised that we won. Result👍

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 24, 2019, 03:23:47 pm by Barmby Rover »
Like you Barmby, I missed the game too, got my ticket yesterday and didn't think for a moment to check the ko time. Out shopping with the mrs this aft when, ping!! a message pops up on my phone HT Doncaster 1-0 Lincoln, you could've knocked me down with a feather.
I know it's comletely my fault for being a dozey t**t, but it would be helpful if the ticket office staff could remind people it's an earlier/later ko time when you buy your tickets, just as an extra bit of service.
Still, we got the win, so that has tempered my anger at myself a bit.
Same here, when I realised we were still at home, an hour away, so sulked and listened to R.Lincolnshire instead not great knowledge of our players, but not a bad commentary.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 24, 2019, 03:26:01 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Love this comment from the Imps’ forum, (https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/match-thread-doncaster-rovers-v-lincoln-city.97545/),

Sharp learning needed in both boxes to compete with the better sides.
Teams like Southend just hanging on at this level.
Teams like Doncaster aren't, they are aiming for the championship.

Quite a number of their fans believe we were a dirty bunch; I think I read from Lucky Pint that we thought the same of them!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 24, 2019, 03:30:47 pm by drfchound »
Lincoln reminded me of Fleetwood with their niggly fouling tactics, but they are a better footballing team than them.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 24, 2019, 08:21:06 pm by RoversAlias »
Surprised you forgot fellas, it's been well publicised, was mentioned several times by the announcer at the last home game and, of course, will have been printed on your tickets!

Nevermind, a lesson learned for next time...which is in two weeks, when the Rotherham game also kicks off at 12.30pm!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012