Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:21:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Panic merchants  (Read 3628 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Panic merchants
« Reply #30 on August 24, 2019, 06:10:46 pm by Jonathan »
We’ve given ourselves a good platform with these last two home results, and you can see the team is playing for Darren Moore. I think this is the ideal time to go out and bring in the players that Darren wants so we can push on and mount a serious challenge.

There are some strong squads in this divisions. I’d argue we’ve just beaten two of them, and I think there’s still some work to do to get to where we want to be.

Listening to Darren’s interviews it’s clear he’d still like to bring a few more in. As yet he’s only brought in Jon Taylor in addition to some loan signings. He says he’s identified players so I hope he’s backed to build the future of our club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 24, 2019, 06:12:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
How anyone can say Whiteman ‘is still in 2nd gear’ is beyond me.

Today we came up against a good side on top form. Ben’s game today was all about breaking up play. He didn’t have the chance to play more on the front foot & driving forward as he did at Rochdale where his endless pressing dragged the team on to gain a point away in atrocious conditions.

Plus he didn’t have Sheaf ‘covering his back’ but was ‘partnered’ by Gomes (who imo had his best game yet in a Rovers shirt) playing in a different role which Ben must have realised would curtail his ‘normal game’.

Perhaps I left my comments to be misinterpreted. I wasn't suggesting Ben had a poor game by any means. He was very disciplined today. What I meant was he has more in the locker and when the team get more familiar with each other, he'll orchestrate some really good performances and do more damage further up the pitch.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 24, 2019, 06:15:38 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Wright was commentating today. Fit enough to breathe seemingly.

Fascinating insight from Wright on iFollow today.

The commentator said how May looks like a different player this season.

Wright's response. Something more or less like this:

"Well John last season...don't get me wrong, he did a brilliant job for us but...he was the sort of player who demanded everything was about creating chances for him. Last season, Alfie would get the ball and immediately be looking for John. This season, he's a bit more liberated."

It was clear from Wright's tone that Marquis was hard work for the rest of the squad.

Another very good performance from May by the way.

Fascinating insight

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 24, 2019, 06:58:40 pm by jmt23 »
Today we were good, and beat a half decent team, in an even encounter. We have work to do, and you can see we are a work in progress team, but the suns are good...very good.
Not read any news regarding Ennis and his goal, but I am still buzzing about it, a proper goal...GTFI that is how you deflate 3000 fans, and to be fair, I did see a lot of their fans applaud it too. Take a bow son, take a bow.... :scarf:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 24, 2019, 07:29:01 pm by the vicar »
Why haven’t we spent the Marquis money yet...squad is weaker than last year...loan players won’t do it for us....waaaaaah....

I don't think anyones said the loan players won't do it for us, more about the fact it's short termism and they'll be going back at the end of the season and we'd need to go again, they're also not assets to the club which we can profit on.
I agree with you in part, but if they get us up then we'll and good

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 24, 2019, 07:42:56 pm by NewDonny »
Today we were good, and beat a half decent team, in an even encounter. We have work to do, and you can see we are a work in progress team, but the suns are good...very good.
Not read any news regarding Ennis and his goal, but I am still buzzing about it, a proper goal...GTFI that is how you deflate 3000 fans, and to be fair, I did see a lot of their fans applaud it too. Take a bow son, take a bow.... :scarf:

We were very good today, not just good, in fact we have been very good for the last couple of weeks against very decent opposition.

Come on, several weeks ago, who would have given us a hope against Fleetwood & Lincoln based on perceived pre season form, last seasons form, recruitment and ambition. Fleetwood trance twice last season home and away and Lincoln are climbing the leagues with the Crowley Brothers at the helm and whether with Lincoln or not that are destined for very good things.

Four games in, should be 5 of course but that subjects be dome to death now, sitting in 6th place in the league with game still in hand still and undefeated and playing some really nice football. Some of our quick short passing intricate, link up play going forward this last couple of games especially has been a real joy to watch.

Not getting carried away was very early days yet and a very long season ahead but we also need to give credit where due.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 24, 2019, 09:55:44 pm by Campsall rover »
January window is far too late, Campsall. Have you seen our next 8 fixtures? If we come through those with no injuries, then I’ll be amazed.

Need 3 in next week.
Would not expect you to say anything different Alan.
Can’t see 3 more additions next week. There are no easy games are there. ( well apart from Bolton and we were cheated out of playing them ).
We have just beaten Fleetwood and Lincoln who are 2 teams tipped to be play off contenders.
So no reason we can’t get points against Rotherham, Ipswich, Blackpool, Peterborough etc etc

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 24, 2019, 10:04:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
January window is far too late, Campsall. Have you seen our next 8 fixtures? If we come through those with no injuries, then I’ll be amazed.

Need 3 in next week.
Would not expect you to say anything different Alan.
Can’t see 3 more additions next week. There are no easy games are there. ( well apart from Bolton and we were cheated out of playing them ).
We have just beaten Fleetwood and Lincoln who are 2 teams tipped to be play off contenders.
So no reason we can’t get points against Rotherham, Ipswich, Blackpool, Peterborough etc etc
The Manager wants to bring players in so your judgement is better than the DM. We need strengthening if we are going to carry on competing. Let’s not forget we played a team that just been promoted, they have just lost to MKDons who were hammered against Peterborough today. We have done well let’s build on that strength we need those players (3) if the manager deems we do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012