Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:16:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lincoln Match COWley reckons it should have been an UDDER result  (Read 4851 times)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Re: Lincoln Match COWley reckons it should have been an UDDER result
« Reply #30 on August 24, 2019, 09:32:23 pm by Paul Simpson »
We won !  Who cares ? Great result 😀⚽️⚽️

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 24, 2019, 09:37:50 pm by RobTheRover »
It was a cracking match, though.

Very good quality football throughout from both sides, and both teams had decent spells when they were on top. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Having said that, I don't recall Lawlor having a save of note to make. A couple were straightforward catches, and they hit the outside of the post in the 2nd half, but really our defence was well on top of their attack.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 24, 2019, 09:39:17 pm by drfchound »
It was a cracking match, though.

Very good quality football throughout from both sides, and both teams had decent spells when they were on top. Thoroughly enjoyable.

Having said that, I don't recall Lawlor having a save of note to make. A couple were straightforward catches, and they hit the outside of the post in the 2nd half, but really our defence was well on top of their attack.

Agreed Rob, I mentioned the same thing about a Lawlor not having a save to make too.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 24, 2019, 10:29:35 pm by RoversAlias »
Shown himself up today, Cowley. What a bitter, bitter interview full of excuses after the game.

Fact is we scored more goals and won. They loved to dive today, I'm genuinely not convinced by the penalty shouts they're going on about either.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 24, 2019, 10:33:02 pm by drfchound »
Certainly the two they claimed in the first half were definitely not valid.
Difficult to comment on what happened up at the far end in the second half.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
and I've no doubt the only reason we won was that we had a week off and they didn't our fault of course

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 25, 2019, 06:03:27 am by Donnywolf »
Would not have said the 2 at our end were Pens in any way shape or form and the last one began as a pull way outside the area and continued till in the box

The Ref had taken no big bets during the game and he kumped at the chance to give the correct decision 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
The expert ‘diver’, for Lincoln was no other than Tyler Walker, from Notts Forest. Why he wasn’t booked for that blatant dive in the first half, I don’t know and, if he had been, the rest may have taken note!

Imho, the guy, that they brought on for him, was a better player, so Cowley got that one wrong. The away dug out resembled a 100M false start at times with people dashing out for various things! You’re in a better league old love - leave that sort of stuff for the Conference. Tossers!

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 25, 2019, 07:54:16 am by sha66y »
I think the rather animated theatrics near the end were hilarious,

I think it was Eardley looking to take a free kick in their half, but he was receiving conflicting messages from Crowley and the big ex defender we had....I thought he was gonna storm off the pitch ....

Great to see a good proper public melt down.....would look great on YouTube  with some funny over dubs..

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 25, 2019, 09:29:18 am by POD »
Cowley must have been a nightmare for the fourth official today.  One incident I remember during the first half, the linesman on the west stand side gave a thrown in to Rovers which should perhaps have gone to Lincoln.  The play continued, yet Cowley spent the next two or three minutes bending the ear of the fourth official and shouting at the ref - he just couldn’t let it go and he was so upset, he wasn’t even watching the game.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 25, 2019, 10:09:28 am by Colin C No.3 »
He spent more time out of the technical area than in it even encroaching onto the pitch whilst play continued. Fourth official should have brought it to the refs attention.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 25, 2019, 02:08:42 pm by jmt23 »
I noticed how not just him, but the whole team tried to pressure the ref throughout the game, poor shitty tactics, that I hope gets him and his team in bother, or at least well known for, and it begins to work against them.

They really pushed for a penalty in the first half, even though the challenge/foul was a good metre out of the box - just plain bonkers, I was very amused at first, but then they repeated the calls and surrounded the ref at every chance.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 25, 2019, 02:53:42 pm by Bollinger »
As I mentioned yesterday, this is all out of the Cotterill and Westley playbook. Their gamesmanship has been well known since the Cowleys came on board.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 25, 2019, 02:59:45 pm by Reesielad »
This is one of their directors. Comes from the top by the looks of it. Sour grapes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
On yesterday's performance I don't see them challenging the top six come end of season. The number of shots at goal they had (didn't count) which missed the target by a good distance looks like they don't have the talent in the front line to be challengers.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 25, 2019, 05:48:22 pm by karldew »
Think the Walker one could have been a penalty. Thing is he took 1 step more which made him look stupid when he went down. You could see him talking to Lawlor after saying he clipped his ankle. John even apologised to him too from what I saw. If he’d of gone down with first contact he’d of got the decision imo

phil old leake

• Forum Member
It’s about time the EFL looked at these cheating gits. It’s well known about their tactics of feigning injury to allow for coaching. 
Last night was a prime example.  Everton make a double substitution and suddenly their keepers on the floor like he’s lost his leg
You could argue it’s quite clever
I just think it’s happening far too often and abusing the rules too much

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 29, 2019, 08:41:16 am by drfchound »
Well if we know about it then the officials should do too.
Some strong refereeing required..........so not much chance then.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
i have just been checking my facts when he started the "fake goalie injury lark"

I saw them (Lincoln) do it in non league since he only had them in the conference for one year it was in 2016-17 - it was a game on tv against a top rival and of course you fall for it - the injured goalie first time. It really really was a long time fake injury.

Further performances of the "dying swan" sorry "dying goalkeeper" included at the televised match at Arsenal's new ground in the Facup after holding out for a long time it ended up 5-0 . Presumably they did a performance at Burnley in the previous round.

So they have been at it for nearly 3 years -- i have mentioned it numerous times on here.

as i posted elsewhere last night if they wanted a water break all they had to do was cup their hands . :crying: or drink their own tears

now you know why we all hate them
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 10:17:11 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Is it just me or are messages from Coleman’s Left Hook utterly nonsensical to everyone aside from his KGB handler who reads this to see how his mole is getting on in UK?

Graham Hirst

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 31, 2019, 09:01:44 am by Graham Hirst »
Lincoln did it in fa cup last season at Everton, their keeper went down with Cramp before half time, he'd only touched ball half a dozen times, same old story players were feigning injury every few minutes to slow game down it was embarrassing, and they've brought that into this league

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 31, 2019, 09:58:04 am by Donnywolf »
Time (no pun intended) for a fixed time of 30 minutes per half which should make such moves irrelevant

Ball goes out for whatever reason and clock stops

Think of the aggro that would disappear at a stroke - players faking injury - lengthy goal celebrations - substitutions of the player at the furthest point - goal kicks that take an age - and no fergie time arguments as there would be no added time - etc etc

The average time the ball is in play is around 60 minutes per game at the moment so why not bite the bullet and bring in what I am sure would be an improvement asap

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 31, 2019, 02:19:42 pm by drfchound »
Time (no pun intended) for a fixed time of 30 minutes per half which should make such moves irrelevant

Ball goes out for whatever reason and clock stops

Think of the aggro that would disappear at a stroke - players faking injury - lengthy goal celebrations - substitutions of the player at the furthest point - goal kicks that take an age - and no fergie time arguments as there would be no added time - etc etc

The average time the ball is in play is around 60 minutes per game at the moment so why not bite the bullet and bring in what I am sure would be an improvement asap

I am sure I have heard that before.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 31, 2019, 03:02:35 pm by Donnywolf »
 :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012