Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:26:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gomes  (Read 3992 times)

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
Re: Gomes
« Reply #30 on August 24, 2019, 07:02:13 pm by hamiltonrover »
Did well today, most frustrating part is, after 67 mins against Gillingham and 78mins at Rochdale many of our fans have decided he will be this seasons fall guy, give him a chance and get behind the lad, he's only young, let's try and build his confidence as opposed to destroying it.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 24, 2019, 07:06:36 pm by scawsby steve »
Those supporters who had consigned him to our U23 team can think again.
He had a good solid game today and looked very comfortable.

He's still awful

Awful enough to get a standing ovation when he came round in front of the South Stand.

I thought that was a nice touch from the fans Hound, but I honestly think a lot of it was mainly to encourage the lad after the terrible stick he'd received at Rochdale.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 24, 2019, 07:24:55 pm by afro goal machine »
I thought he got stuck in and won some tackles first half and never gave up . Couldnt work out was he playing center mid ? Maybe not his position?
I think he’ll come good

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 24, 2019, 08:53:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hard not to like the lad, especially if you follow him on Twitter. Something quite endearing about how he tries to express his excitement. He is 22 and must have left home as a teenager and been all over the place. God only knows what he makes of Donny. Echo that said above, let’s build him up!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 09:37:13 pm by Chris Black come back »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 24, 2019, 09:34:48 pm by RoversAlias »
Did well, wasn't perfect but in an unfamiliar role he acquitted himself well. Had a hand in both goals, Whiteman played it to him with three players coming at him and he calmly fed it back to Lawlor, who kicked it down field for Ennis to get onto and smash in the opener.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 24, 2019, 09:56:30 pm by RobTheRover »
And what a kick that was. Not a hoof. A proper pass. With a touch of left to right spin to take it away from the defender and into Ennis's path. Superb kick from Lawlor. Artistry.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 24, 2019, 09:58:07 pm by Reesielad »
Did well, wasn't perfect but in an unfamiliar role he acquitted himself well. Had a hand in both goals, Whiteman played it to him with three players coming at him and he calmly fed it back to Lawlor, who kicked it down field for Ennis to get onto and smash in the opener.

He is a central midfielder by trade isn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 24, 2019, 10:36:04 pm by RoversAlias »

He is a central midfielder by trade isn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's played wide attacking midfield for us in every game so far, including pre-season so that's why I say unfamiliar role for him today.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 25, 2019, 06:58:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
Spadger Gomes.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012