Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 12:00:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lincoln forum  (Read 7395 times)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Lincoln forum
« Reply #30 on August 24, 2019, 09:54:23 pm by keith79 »
They liked our pitch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on August 24, 2019, 09:57:05 pm by RobTheRover »

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 24, 2019, 10:23:28 pm by redarmy82 »
Their attendances are no better than ours when we were on our rise through the leagues.
what matters is, we've maintained them in the long run, I doubt Lincoln would do the same.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 24, 2019, 10:27:13 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
There is a novelty to supporting Lincoln, once it wears off they will have a more realistic fan base

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 24, 2019, 10:37:46 pm by normal rules »
I live and work in Lincolnshire. It’s cringeworthy the amount of complete non footballing types have jumped on their success bandwagon.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on August 24, 2019, 10:48:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No problem with any of that though.

They do seem to think they're a better side than they are though.  We are very much a team starting out this year with plenty still to do but they didnt trouble us much at all.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 24, 2019, 10:52:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It happens and let them enjoy it after so many years in the doldrums just like ourselves.

Welcome to the bigger leagues where margins are finer and teams have a little bit more quality in their ranks.

I hope more fans get down to the Keepmoat. DMs team deserves it and if we need any reminder that it is not a given to have a good football club in the community, then Bury and Bolton should. I hope the good folk of Donny haven't got complacent!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 25, 2019, 07:25:28 am by Alan Southstand »
Lincoln have Fleetwood at home next week and I wonder what they’ll make of them. Cowley could end up with a black eye or two if he messes about!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 25, 2019, 08:20:45 am by NewDonny »
Lincoln have Fleetwood at home next week and I wonder what they’ll make of them. Cowley could end up with a black eye or two if he messes about!

Pound for pound I don't think theirs much between Fleetwood & Lincoln so next weeks fixture between them will be interesting. I can see that being a draw tbh, if it was the other way round and at Fleetwood I would have Fleetwood taking the points.

Anyway two difficult games out the way and 6 points in the bag and still undefeated. Long long way to go but a very good start and certainly shut a few poeple on here.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 25, 2019, 08:54:44 am by Wiltshire Exile »
Cowley could end up with a black eye or two if he messes about!

You mean from Joey B? 😀

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 25, 2019, 10:17:32 am by RobTheRover »
I hope more fans get down to the Keepmoat. DMs team deserves it and if we need any reminder that it is not a given to have a good football club in the community, then Bury and Bolton should. I hope the good folk of Donny haven't got complacent!

It's holiday season still, Baz. Crowds are always a bit thinner this time of year.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 25, 2019, 10:25:11 am by idler »
Imagine when they meet two opposing players going for the ball missing and then both diving in rolling about in fake agony?
The ref could be very busy in this game.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 25, 2019, 12:35:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
We're similar clubs, different recent trajectories. In the 70s I recall them getting bigger crowds than us. As far as rivals go, I like them.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 25, 2019, 12:59:19 pm by mushRTID »
We should remember we took some massive away followings locally when we’d just come up.

Not a chance we’d take the same numbers now.

So no problem with their “bandwagon” fans. But it can all change very quickly.

By the way, Danny Cowley is an absolute d**khead, but maybe he’s just trying to create a siege mentality after coming up a league.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 25, 2019, 01:05:17 pm by Herman Hessian »
They liked our pitch.

praise indeed from a load of agrarian dullards - they might know f**k all about football, being evolved and sentient beings or personal hygiene, but them bogtrotters know a nice bit of soil and turf when they see it - Rovers groundstaff should be proud

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 25, 2019, 01:05:50 pm by Reesielad »
We should remember we took some massive away followings locally when we’d just come up.

Not a chance we’d take the same numbers now.

So no problem with their “bandwagon” fans. But it can all change very quickly.

By the way, Danny Cowley is an absolute d**khead, but maybe he’s just trying to create a siege mentality after coming up a league.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Wednesday or Huddersfield before long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 26, 2019, 10:05:14 am by Donnywolf »
Any club’s fans who feel the need to steal Weeds United’s trademark song really don’t have any class do they?

Embarrassing.

And I absolutely love it when we get one over on fans who spend more time singing negative songs about the opposition than actually supporting their own team.

But let’s forgive them. They are only young.

What, were they singing a version of Marching on together.

No they were singing ‘We are the Champions, Champions of Europe’.

Ah, cheers.
Couldn’t hear them so I didn’t know.

Crikey, they might be the Champions of Lincolnshire but they are stretching things a bit.

They lose that title COL by a mile as well

Its Grimsby Town that lead that particular Yellow Belly race and will not be topped ever it seems

Grimsby Town are the most successful of the three professional league clubs in historic Lincolnshire, being the only one to play top flight English football. It is also the only club of the three to reach an FA Cup semi-final (doing so on two occasions). It has also spent more time in the English game's first and second tiers than any other club from Lincolnshire.

QED Folks

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 26, 2019, 10:28:32 am by Herbert Anchovy »
They liked our pitch.

praise indeed from a load of agrarian dullards - they might know f**k all about football, being evolved and sentient beings or personal hygiene, but them bogtrotters know a nice bit of soil and turf when they see it - Rovers groundstaff should be proud

An absolute vintage HH post!!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 26, 2019, 12:54:15 pm by MachoMadness »
Some good laughs to be had on that thread. Combine it with the Aussies whinging about the cricket and it makes a good bank holiday!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 26, 2019, 01:27:03 pm by mushRTID »
Can anyone share a link please?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 26, 2019, 04:18:47 pm by Donnywolf »
This is a link to my Q&A session and there is a Tab on top which is where I presume most of the Fan quotes are coming from

https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/i-think-he-will-be-good-for-us-and-will-bring-his-experience-from-the-time-at-west-bromwich-albion/

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 26, 2019, 04:28:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
They liked our pitch.

You could see them salivating, itching to get on there ploughing and planting some arable crop seed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 26, 2019, 07:07:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Ben Whitehouse?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012