Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:38:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dear Mr Moore  (Read 2116 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
Dear Mr Moore
« on August 24, 2019, 04:42:54 pm by sha66y »
When we have an attacking whippet like Ennis in the team that absolutely scares the opposing defences to pieces...
Can you please ask him to stay on the half way line when we are defending corners....

A) they would have to mark him with a minimum of 2
B) we would have an outlet to put them on the back foot once we gain possession
C) it’s not good to watch, and causes unneeded heavy murmur’s

Cheers in advance..

Oh and by the way ....not sure how ya doing it but we are getting results with a disjointed team ....keep it up !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Dear Mr Moore
« Reply #1 on August 24, 2019, 04:50:48 pm by Branton Rover »
I agree but would use Alfie on the halfway line as young Ennis has more about him physically

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 24, 2019, 05:14:44 pm by Bessie Red »
When we have an attacking whippet like Ennis in the team that absolutely scares the opposing defences to pieces...
Can you please ask him to stay on the half way line when we are defending corners....

A) they would have to mark him with a minimum of 2
B) we would have an outlet to put them on the back foot once we gain possession
C) it’s not good to watch, and causes unneeded heavy murmur’s

Cheers in advance..

Oh and by the way ....not sure how ya doing it but we are getting results with a disjointed team ....keep it up !
I'm sure he's going to listen to your advice with him not having a clue about football!!

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 24, 2019, 05:16:16 pm by adamtherover »
Every corner Lincoln had, we all said the same thing, put 2 lads on the half way line, they would have 3, the threat of the corner is nullified hugely.....

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 24, 2019, 05:22:21 pm by jmt23 »
It annoys the hell out of me, as you can just see it coming back every time, however the stats must point to it being a good or better than average chance.
Alfie would be the one to leave up top, as his size is not great enough to defend, but his pace is more than enough to scare the opposing team.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 24, 2019, 05:24:06 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
I think it was McCann who spoke about this regarding Marquis, when opposition have a corner it’s a about reducing opppositons chance of scoring rather than increasing our chance of countering. They know what they’re on about

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 24, 2019, 06:10:13 pm by grayx »
Its always been a pet hate of mine. Just leave the smallest/ quickest player on the half way line to give the opposition someone to mark. As stated above, they’d usually leave 2 on him.
It must be in the FA coaching manual to leave nobody up when defending . All managers seem to play this way. Fcuk knows why.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 24, 2019, 06:18:36 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Think they see countering as how quick you all break out of the box too. Standing upfront you just get marked but whose tracking you breaking out from a defending set price?

I’d like us to leave 2 up as well but someone’s done the honey behind it because no one really leaves players up. Be nice to be different

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 24, 2019, 06:23:19 pm by i_ateallthepies »
It gets my goat as well but I guess bodies in the box reduces the space to get a shot through.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 24, 2019, 06:49:18 pm by jmt23 »
As a striker you should not just stand up front, take the defenders for a walk, then move fast as the ball breaks - lost art, we still look static at times, and is causing us some problems when we are in possession, it will come, and you get the feeling when it clicks someones in for a hiding.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 24, 2019, 09:17:25 pm by drfchound »
Well we don’t appear to be conceding goals from corners.........and we almost scored ourselves from one of theirs with a really good break away just before HT and Ennis won us a corner.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2019, 08:42:37 am by Wild Rover »
Every corner Lincoln had, we all said the same thing, put 2 lads on the half way line, they would have 3, the threat of the corner is nullified hugely.....
And what if opposition DON'T do as you suggest, makes scoring from a corner easyer.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 25, 2019, 08:55:14 am by bobjimwilly »
Well we don’t appear to be conceding goals from corners

This is the biggest improvement since last season; if we can continue to prevent those goals it will help massively in the quest for a top 6 position.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012