Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:27:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Another 5-0  (Read 2691 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Another 5-0
« on August 24, 2019, 05:50:28 pm by Colin C No.3 »
So not only ‘a given’ 3 points today for Ipswich at Bolton but a +5 goal difference to boot which could have massive ramifications on the league standings come May.

Shame on you the EFL. E(nglands) F(oremost) L(aughigstocks)!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Another 5-0
« Reply #1 on August 24, 2019, 05:56:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
I can think of another word that the ‘f’ stands for

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 24, 2019, 06:21:07 pm by bobjimwilly »
Have he EFL announced what the repercussions of Bolton not playing our match are?
Is it postponed or are they awarding us the win?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 24, 2019, 06:25:47 pm by i_ateallthepies »
My money is on them prevaricating on it and hoping Bolton go under and save them having to make the decision

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 24, 2019, 06:48:45 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think the EFL need to sharpen up. 3 points and 5 goals for us please, and deduct 5 points from them for not fulfilling their fixuture, whatever league they're in NEXT season. Same for every fixture from here that they bottle. No sympathy for this young uns whinge.

If teams aren't eligable for games they should be taken from the league instantly. Bury and Bolton have screwed up, and at the best they should be starting in the league below the Nationwide North next season with their points deduction.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 24, 2019, 09:02:52 pm by Pancho Regan »
This is a disgrace.

Ipswich get themselves 3 points and +5 goals because, as it happens, Bolton decided they would play today.

Whereas they decided they would rather not play last week against us.
If it’s alright with everyone they would like to play us sometime later in the season. You know, when they feel up for it. Better equipped.

Meanwhile all the lucky clubs they decide to play in these early weeks can fill their boots with points and goals galore.

Come on EFL ...... get this farce sorted.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 24, 2019, 09:07:40 pm by drfchound »
Have he EFL announced what the repercussions of Bolton not playing our match are?
Is it postponed or are they awarding us the win?

The original game wasn’t postponed though was it.
They just refused to play.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 24, 2019, 09:08:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Probably no coincidence that Ipswich Town are historically a very influential club in football governance circles and they would have kicked up a proper fuss if their walk-over/game was postponed. All about who you are, not what is being done to you. Rovers have not and never will get a fair deal from the authorities, so hold out no hope for the Bolton game to be replayed in anything like a neutral manner.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 24, 2019, 09:14:59 pm by Lesonthewest »
The decision should have been made before todays set of games for Bolton's self imposed cancellation of a fixture, so everyone knows where they stand beforehand, as a matter of importance, absolute ridiculous situation to be in.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 24, 2019, 09:19:28 pm by Bessie Red »
They've got until Tuesday to show the sale is going thru or they may get what was coming to Bury.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 24, 2019, 09:23:30 pm by drfchound »
I can’t see the EFL doing anything other than letting them continue.
A former big club from the PL carries too much weight.
Even though it will be a massive injustice I still have my doubts about us being awarded the points we should be getting.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 24, 2019, 09:28:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yet again, another week has passed with the takeover reported to be 'close'. Allegedly, all parties were ready to sign off the takeover... Except one... Former owner Ken Anderson. The Administrator has failed to get all parties to bring this takeover to a conclusion but yet, appears to be convincing the EFL to let things go on and on, and on..

I'm sure we're fair minded people but I agree, this has been allowed to run too long and integrity has been compromised.

The EFL made a call to start off with which was probably the right call but now, they should admit it has turned sour. For the sake of everyone, suspend them and wipe out their results. I wasn't in favour of this sort of thing at first but, the sanction of relegating them now, and being able to resume in League Two, next season when and if they sort out their legal wrangles seems the fairest thing to do now.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 24, 2019, 09:34:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Oops, I hadn't seen this latest update

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17859314.bolton-kicked-efl-club-sale-delays/

Well, that's a definite maybe!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 24, 2019, 09:42:32 pm by drfchound »
Oops, I hadn't seen this latest update

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17859314.bolton-kicked-efl-club-sale-delays/

Well, that's a definite maybe!

They may as well have said nothing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 24, 2019, 09:54:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
EFL: Can you carry on in Administration?

Administrator: Y£S!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 24, 2019, 10:21:34 pm by steve@dcfd »
The EFL is a joke allowing Bury and Bolton predicaments to continue they are spoiling league one this season. Suspend them from league football fo the rest of the season. Cancel all Bolton’s results.
ShoW some steel EFL you pretend to talk the talk now shoe you can actually walk the walk and run league football.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 24, 2019, 10:36:02 pm by anton123 »
If we are rewarded a 5-0 at Bolton we will be top of the league after 5 games

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 25, 2019, 05:15:06 am by PDX_Rover »
I wonder what will happen if they pull another Tuesday night stunt against a ‘bigger’ team? I wonder what would have happened if it was Ipswich they should have played Tuesday and not us?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 25, 2019, 08:52:32 am by bobjimwilly »
I wonder what will happen if they pull another Tuesday night stunt against a ‘bigger’ team? I wonder what would have happened if it was Ipswich they should have played Tuesday and not us?

With no action surely the EFL have set a precedent? i.e any team can elect to postpone a game themselves 1 day before if they don't feel they have a strong enough team?

:mad:

SM have you heard anything through the grapevine?

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 25, 2019, 01:16:52 pm by Herman Hessian »
so that's three games on the bounce that BWFC have conceded five goals; the only one which they've avoided that is the one against Rovers which they decided they simply couldn't be arsed to play; if they are not thrown out of the league then the only reasonable decision that the fṷcking idiots at West Cliff should arrive at is a 5-0 win and three points for Rovers

but away from simply restating the bleeding obvious over and over, does anyone know - have Bolton at any point apologised to DRFC for just calling the game off without even telling our club through official channels in a timely and professional manner, or are they happy to be considered a self-serving set of bɑstɑrds ?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 25, 2019, 01:22:46 pm by Chris Black come back »
I know this is a broken record - but it is US that has been inconvenienced and disadvantaged here, yet nobody in the footballing authorities has sought to acknowledge that or better still, rectify.

We are just some annoying backdrop for the footballing authorities, who seemingly only wish to protect the storied and much larger club.

WE are being punished here for running a sensible and prudent model. 

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 25, 2019, 01:23:32 pm by pib »
The EFL needs to get its act together and have some hard and fast rules/deadlines in place for situations like this.

The way both this and the Bury situation has been allowed to drift, and the fact that they seem to just be making up the rules as they go along does not paint the EFL in a good light at all.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 25, 2019, 01:27:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
All the talk is about punishments and fines etc for Bolton. There is no talk about us being made up for the hassle we have been handed out. 

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 25, 2019, 01:31:06 pm by Reesielad »
DM said GB is speaking with the EFL in his last press conference. I’m sure we won’t just let this go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 25, 2019, 01:43:58 pm by Michael Shaw »
I don't want to see any club go out of business, but they are the opposition and I can't wait for Tues 5pm to see if both are out, and if so, all the silly goals and points that other clubs have got against Bolton will be wiped out. The table will be reset and we will all be back on a level playing field. We can just stick to talking about playing games.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 25, 2019, 05:03:04 pm by Alan Southstand »
I wonder if anyone will have the common decency to let us know officially?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012