Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:31:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore interview  (Read 4321 times)

South East Rover

• Forum Member
Darren Moore interview
« on August 24, 2019, 10:47:27 pm by South East Rover »
Interesting interview looks like No9 in next week.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
Re: Darren Moore interview
« Reply #1 on August 24, 2019, 11:16:37 pm by dknward2 »
Only downside sounds like it will be a loan if we can’t agree terms.

Glad to hear about the team spirit. Hopefully some positive news by middle of the week

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 24, 2019, 11:48:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Same powers to suck the bad out of players and make them better!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 24, 2019, 11:50:41 pm by Nudga »
But, but he's bad at interviews and sounds thick so he must be a shit manager and the cheap option blah blah blah

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2019, 12:16:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I get that Moore isn't comfortable in interviews, but if Danny Bergara had been interviewed after today's match and said we showed resolve after going a goal down...

I'm really, REALLY liking the football we've seen so far this season, but a comment like that is just a little bit worrying.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2019, 12:34:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
In fairness,he looks a lot more relaxed (it's relative) when talking about tactics and plans. That, (and the performances on the pitch) suggests that he's a training ground manager, not the sort who will give the media a soapy tit w**k.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2019, 02:18:20 am by pib »
Can’t view the interview as I don’t subscribe, but judging on DM’s time in the role so far, I think it’s fair to say his work with the players is clearly his main strength rather than his media work.

I don’t think his interviews are so bad, but I think he’s probably not that comfortable doing them, so he tries his hardest to “script” eloquent responses in his head that can make him sound like he’s trying a bit too hard. It’s not something that bothers me too much tbh. Not everyone is a brilliant orator and I know from my own experience that when you’re talking to the media it can be difficult to articulate yourself and not ramble or repeat points.

On a positive note, it’s clear to me that the team is a well coached one, with a philosophy that DM is trying to instil and the players are clearly growing into. We’ve not put in a consistent 90 min performance so far, but in patches the football has been really good to watch and I think DM is getting somewhere. If he can create a bit more consistency and strengthen us with one or two extra players I think we can have a decent season.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:21:00 am by pib »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2019, 06:45:58 am by Alan Southstand »
Again, it just goes to show some people can moan about anything.

The difference in the team this season, and don’t forget it was decimated in the summer, is totally at contrast to last season. The organisation has improved immeasurably and I found myself not worried at all by set piece plays (well, except for Lawlor being rooted to his line again). Even taking into account the movement of Wilks, Marquis and Kane last season, I think the movement from the back to the final third is equally as good. The difference between the sides, so far, is the final third. Ennis did a great job and scored a wonderful goal, but there’s something missing and Sterling is not it.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2019, 08:01:49 am by sha66y »

The difference in the team this season, and don’t forget it was decimated in the summer, is totally at contrast to last season. The organisation has improved immeasurably and I found myself not worried at all by set piece plays (well, except for Lawlor being rooted to his line again). Even taking into account the movement of Wilks, Marquis and Kane last season, I think the movement from the back to the final third is equally as good. The difference between the sides, so far, is the final third. Ennis did a great job and scored a wonderful goal, but there’s something missing and Sterling is not it.
“ Sterling’ is not it “ .....yet!
Game time is all he needs,

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2019, 08:12:45 am by hamiltonrover »

Sterling won us that game yesterday with his strength and fight for the ball, he also put in an intelligent pass for Taylor, where many players would have gone for goal. Let’s see more of him, I think he will be a handful at L1 level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2019, 08:20:29 am by SydneyRover »
Our defence did well against a sustained series of corners in the first half and I thought our second half goal was against the play. A pretty good all round performance, it was funny to Sterling leave their defender (not sure who) on the deck before setting up the goal, that defender won't be allowed to forget that for a while.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 25, 2019, 08:23:30 am by philsky »
In fairness,he looks a lot more relaxed (it's relative) when talking about tactics and plans. That, (and the performances on the pitch) suggests that he's a training ground manager, not the sort who will give the media a soapy tit w**k.

Absolutely spot on - when he's asked about roles and responsibilities he's all over it and very clear. Moore comes across considered and thoughtful and focused. This guy knows his stuff.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 25, 2019, 09:20:46 am by RedJ »

I honestly don't get how you've already made your mind up on Sterling after 30-50 minutes' game time.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 25, 2019, 09:28:28 am by bedale rover »

Sterling won us that game yesterday with his strength and fight for the ball, he also put in an intelligent pass for Taylor, where many players would have gone for goal. Let’s see more of him, I think he will be a handful at L1 level.

DD said he was rubbish when he came on
He didn't at the end!

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 25, 2019, 10:15:06 am by BradwellRover »
Darren is doing a great job so far, getting much better performances out of players (May and Anderson) and finally we look like a team that is greater than the sum of its parts - something you couldn’t say under the previous two Managers.

I for one couldn’t care less if he is media or PR savvy...the MOTD and Sky studios are full of those who talk a good game, but failed in Management.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 25, 2019, 11:12:06 am by godlike1 »
Darren is doing a great job so far, getting much better performances out of players (May and Anderson) and finally we look like a team that is greater than the sum of its parts - something you couldn’t say under the previous two Managers.

I for one couldn’t care less if he is media or PR savvy...the MOTD and Sky studios are full of those who talk a good game, but failed in Management.

I could not agree more. Annoys me so much when players like Danny Mills start preaching. They really don't know how disrespectful it is at times and how little they know

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 25, 2019, 11:13:18 am by Copps is Magic »
If the striker we are looking at did come in on loan it would present a bit of a dilema for Moore, however much he says we can have 6/7 loans in the squad.

Looking at it, if you're only allowed 5 in the match day squad...

1 has to be the back up keeper
Ennis and John - I don't think there is any justification to drop them at the moment.
Sterling - I don't imagine his parent club will be happy with us dropping him either.
Which leaves Sheaf... arguably we could survive without him... but Moore obviously sees him as a starter and we're not left with much cover without him there.

So who would be left out of the match day squad? It would be infinitely better if we could sign this aforementioned player on a permanent. I am really intrigued who this lad is, and why there has been so many problems with the transfer.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:15:21 am by Copps is Magic »

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 25, 2019, 11:19:45 am by Reesielad »
If the striker we are looking at did come in on loan it would present a bit of a dilema for Moore, however much he says we can have 6/7 loans in the squad.

Looking at it, if you're only allowed 5 in the match day squad...

1 has to be the back up keeper
Ennis and John - I don't think there is any justification to drop them at the moment.
Sterling - I don't imagine his parent club will be happy with us dropping him either.
Which leaves Sheaf... arguably we could survive without him... but Moore obviously sees him as a starter and we're not left with much cover without him there.

So who would be left out of the match day squad? It would be infinitely better if we could sign this aforementioned player on a permanent. I am really intrigued who this lad is, and why there has been so many problems with the transfer.

I expect Dieng would miss out and we would use our very own Louis Jones.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 25, 2019, 11:20:42 am by Jonathan »
Surely we can’t be loaning more players. It’s time we built the nucleus of our own players. We’ve got some good loanees again this season but ultimately Wolves and Spurs will benefit from their development in the longer term. We need to get some of our own in to supplement that.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 25, 2019, 11:24:23 am by RedJ »
I don't even understand why we decided to bring in Dieng if he isn't starting. I get that it's another senior keeper but what's the point bringing one in on loan when there's a limit to how many you can have in the match day squad if he isn't going to be the first choice? Surely it would be of more benefit to have Jones on the bench.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 25, 2019, 11:28:12 am by Copps is Magic »
I think you need two fairly decent keepers for training sessions when you do 11 vs 11 or other drills.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 25, 2019, 11:49:19 am by Paul Simpson »
I’m not sure Louis is quite ready for the 1st team? Just my opinion but adding Deing makes sense to put pressure on Lawlor for the shirt

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 25, 2019, 11:50:31 am by 5minstogo »
I think when DM said "parent club doing a deal with us" he was referring to a permanent deal. I think owning club would've been the better way if explaining it. For me if it is a loan then we need to send Dieng back and have Jones on the bench which would also satisfy our "home grown" quota.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 25, 2019, 01:06:20 pm by dknward2 »
We need this on a permanent so we don't have to be picking and choosing which loan player to leave out of the match day squad.

Only thing I'm struggling with is who to drop for this new number nine.

Expect dieng to start in the cup game plus a few off the bench players like Crawford and Blair

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 25, 2019, 01:22:00 pm by Rovers91 »
Considering Moore rarely opens up about transfers in interviews and hes spoken about a permanent transfer with this one I think he must be confident. Be interesting to see who it is.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 25, 2019, 01:30:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
Surely we can’t be loaning more players. It’s time we built the nucleus of our own players. We’ve got some good loanees again this season but ultimately Wolves and Spurs will benefit from their development in the longer term. We need to get some of our own in to supplement that.

We did it last season to great effect. We are doing it this season to great effect thus far. It is a routine practice now for 3-4 loan players to be part of the squad, some for all season. I doubt this is going to change for any club at this level so we should perhaps get used to a permanent squad plus this loan players as being the new normal.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 25, 2019, 01:43:41 pm by South East Rover »
Can’t view the interview as I don’t subscribe, but judging on DM’s time in the role so far, I think it’s fair to say his work with the players is clearly his main strength rather than his media work.

I don’t think his interviews are so bad, but I think he’s probably not that comfortable doing them, so he tries his hardest to “script” eloquent responses in his head that can make him sound like he’s trying a bit too hard. It’s not something that bothers me too much tbh. Not everyone is a brilliant orator and I know from my own experience that when you’re talking to the media it can be difficult to articulate yourself and not ramble or repeat points.

On a positive note, it’s clear to me that the team is a well coached one, with a philosophy that DM is trying to instil and the players are clearly growing into. We’ve not put in a consistent 90 min performance so far, but in patches the football has been really good to watch and I think DM is getting somewhere. If he can create a bit more consistency and strengthen us with one or two extra players I think we can have a decent season.

Subscribe to basic package then you can it's free

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 25, 2019, 01:48:59 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Interesting interview looks like No9 in next week.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/

Thoughts on who it could be? Bradshaw? Winnall? Both fit the small description. Bradshaw probably a bit too injury prone.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 25, 2019, 01:51:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
If anyone has not listened to it yet, the Liam Hoden and Peter Catt podcast explains the striker situation. It looks like it may have to be loan to permanent, rather than permanent immediately. God knows why but they are suggesting the loan is a step to permanent not an end in itself.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012