Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:31:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bury and Bolton set for another deadline extension  (Read 6743 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Bury and Bolton set for another deadline extension
« Reply #30 on August 27, 2019, 03:37:10 pm by Campsall rover »
  Get rid for me, there are good clubs that can take their place lower down the pyramid, that mean just as much to the area they represent, and are not cheats.
  Every club that has been relegated over the time they have spent money on players they could not afford have been cheated.
  Just last week Bolton showed exactly what they thought of my club, they were not even worth contacting, the supporters like myself who had bought tickets, arranged travel etc. were not even a thought at the back of their mind, just so they could try to get an advantage with abetter side in a game on a later date, just carry on cheating.
  let them go, they are not worth saving.
The club are being run by an administrator though Brian.
So we don’t know whether the coaching staff or any other staff were complicit with not playing us last Tuesday.
The people who have run the club into the ground are the ones who should be punished and not the supporters, which is what will happen if they go into liquidation.

The fact remains though we should be awarded the 3 points because the club was in breach of their contractual obligation to play the fixtures as and when they fall.
Not when they decide they want to play.

The club needs saving if it can as it represents the community and is very important to its fans.
If it was us we would want our club saved. Fortunately JR did just that in the summer of 1998

The problem is the clubs should never be allowed to get themselves into such debt.
The EFL and Premier League need to act much quicker. They must put into place a system that does not allow a club to spend money it doesn’t have.
Yes I know it’s not that simple but something has to be done to safeguard our Football League clubs from unscrupulous owners and asset strippers.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:29:13 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 27, 2019, 03:41:38 pm by Retdon1 »
Bury takeover off

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 27, 2019, 03:48:55 pm by drfc1951 »
  Get rid for me, there are good clubs that can take their place lower down the pyramid, that mean just as much to the area they represent, and are not cheats.
  Every club that has been relegated over the time they have spent money on players they could not afford have been cheated.
  Just last week Bolton showed exactly what they thought of my club, they were not even worth contacting, the supporters like myself who had bought tickets, arranged travel etc. were not even a thought at the back of their mind, just so they could try to get an advantage with abetter side in a game on a later date, just carry on cheating.
So we don’t know whether the coaching staff or any other staff were complicit with not playing us last Tuesday.
The people who have run the club into the ground are the ones who should be punished and not the supporters, which is what will happen if they go into liquidation.

The fact remains though we should be awarded the 3 points because the club was in breach of their contractual obligation to play the fixtures as and when they fall.
"
The club needs saving if it can as it represents the community and is very important to its fans.
If it was us we would want our club saved. Fortunately JR did just that in the summer of 1998

The problem is the clubs should never be allowed to get themselves into such debt.
The EFL and Premier League need to act much quicker. They must put into place a system that does not allow a club to spend money it doesn’t have.
Yes I know it’s not that simple but something has to be done to safeguard our Football League clubs from unscrupulous owners and asset strippers.

"

I think the match last week was called off by the administrator, because they couldn't afford to stage it.
Low ticket sales and all the staff to pay wouldn't have made it viable.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 27, 2019, 03:56:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sad day for Bury.

Bolton Administrator saying takeover back on but may not be complete by 5pm. Therefore rather than liquidate he expects EFL to issue 14 days notice. We do not know whether the EFL will also suspend them for the 14 period and whether they will announce their sanction/decision for our postponed game.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 27, 2019, 03:56:59 pm by glosterred »
Looks like Bury are buried then

COYR

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 27, 2019, 04:03:21 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Gutted for the fans.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 27, 2019, 04:24:26 pm by RoversAlias »
RA, I don't wish for them to go bust but I don't have a problem with them being expelled from the league.
We went to the Conference and we came back stronger.
It wouldn't be the end of the road for them.

However, even if one of them did go to the wall I have no doubt that there would be a resurgence under a very closely resembling name.

There are no guarantees a proper club will be put together. Likely, and you would hope so, but no guarantees. 130 odd years of history going down the drain.

Neither club will survive being expelled from the league in their current guise.

We were fortunate we had John Ryan. If we had gone bust and started again in the North East Counties league, do you think we'd be in League One now? Stoke, Wembley, Cardiff, Brentford...I highly doubt any of those wonderful days would have ever happened. The Keepmoat wouldn't exist. We may well be like Chester or Halifax, scrabbling around the upper tiers of non-league at best.

I know what you're saying mate, as I do with Selby, but just because we came back like we did it doesn't mean Bury or Bolton will. The fans of those clubs will not have a team to support on Saturdays for at least the next 11 months. And if they get one next year, it would be playing in front of very few people, likely somewhere outside of the town, facing years in non-league wilderness.

This shouldn't have been allowed to happen and yet it has.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 27, 2019, 04:31:39 pm by Filo »
Sky sports have a countdown clock to Bury and Boltons demise, how classless of them, treating the situation like a drama

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 27, 2019, 04:36:44 pm by MachoMadness »
Sky sports have a countdown clock to Bury and Boltons demise, how classless of them, treating the situation like a drama
Half expecting them to cut to a shot of the Grim Reaper ringing a giant bell at 5:00pm. It's in very poor taste, but that's just the state of football in 2019 it seems. bas**rds.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 27, 2019, 06:14:11 pm by drfchound »
RA, I don't wish for them to go bust but I don't have a problem with them being expelled from the league.
We went to the Conference and we came back stronger.
It wouldn't be the end of the road for them.

However, even if one of them did go to the wall I have no doubt that there would be a resurgence under a very closely resembling name.

There are no guarantees a proper club will be put together. Likely, and you would hope so, but no guarantees. 130 odd years of history going down the drain.

Neither club will survive being expelled from the league in their current guise.

We were fortunate we had John Ryan. If we had gone bust and started again in the North East Counties league, do you think we'd be in League One now? Stoke, Wembley, Cardiff, Brentford...I highly doubt any of those wonderful days would have ever happened. The Keepmoat wouldn't exist. We may well be like Chester or Halifax, scrabbling around the upper tiers of non-league at best.

I know what you're saying mate, as I do with Selby, but just because we came back like we did it doesn't mean Bury or Bolton will. The fans of those clubs will not have a team to support on Saturdays for at least the next 11 months. And if they get one next year, it would be playing in front of very few people, likely somewhere outside of the town, facing years in non-league wilderness.

This shouldn't have been allowed to happen and yet it has.

See my answer to you on the other thread mate.
We think alike most of the time.
If or when Bolton or Bury re emerge they will be given special permission to start again in something like National League North.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 27, 2019, 06:30:36 pm by IDM »
A club expelled from the EFL or reformed would have to apply to the relevant league organisation they wish to join.. the EFL can’t determine that.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 27, 2019, 06:39:30 pm by Spilsby Red »
It’s a shame for the supporters. However, for some of our supporters, appreciate the owners we have.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 27, 2019, 06:59:04 pm by drfchound »
A club expelled from the EFL or reformed would have to apply to the relevant league organisation they wish to join.. the EFL can’t determine that.

I know IDM, that is why i didn’t say that.
I would imagine that National League North would see much Kudos in admitting AFC Bolton and AFC Bury into thei4 league.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 27, 2019, 07:07:20 pm by German Rover »

I would imagine that National League North would see much Kudos in admitting AFC Bolton and AFC Bury into thei4 league.

Its more likely they'd drop even further to the north west counties league. Same level as armthorpe welfare, and the same level as AFC wimbledon started from

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 27, 2019, 07:14:43 pm by drfchound »

Its more likely they'd drop even further to the north west counties league. Same level as armthorpe welfare, and the same level as AFC wimbledon started from

Yep, possibly so.
AFC Wimbledon have come back ok haven’t they.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 27, 2019, 07:20:49 pm by IDM »
AFC Wimbledon have risen up, not come back..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 27, 2019, 07:22:08 pm by drfchound »

.....and so would AFC Bury and AFC Bolton.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 27, 2019, 07:26:38 pm by StocktonRover »
Darlington started well but hit a glass ceiling in the conference North as they can’t find a buyer that they trust so it remains in fan ownership with no funds to get any further ( both a player budget and ground improvement shortfall)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 27, 2019, 07:30:29 pm by IDM »

I hope so too..  I was being pedantic about Wimbledon..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 27, 2019, 07:32:50 pm by drfchound »

I hope so too..  I was being pedantic about Wimbledon..

I wondered whether you were being pedantic IDM.
BOTH clubs will be back, if indeed the EFL do expel them.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 27, 2019, 07:36:02 pm by RedJ »
Bury have apparently been subject to three new bids, so it goes on.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 27, 2019, 07:40:45 pm by IDM »
Plenty of clubs have come back - Accrington, Bradford PA, Newport, Telford, Aldershot, Maidstone..

Just hope they don’t do a Third Lanark.!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 27, 2019, 07:42:10 pm by drfchound »
Bury have apparently been subject to three new bids, so it goes on.

Ridiculous.

A lifeline for the EFL........how long do they let this go on?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 27, 2019, 07:50:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Not necessarily. Ask the question why the previous bidders pulled out! Sounds like Steve Dale has set up a Web of companies to hold/hide the true debt.

I've heard one of the new prospective buyers ask for 12 to 24 hours. That surely puts the game in jeopardy again!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on August 27, 2019, 07:54:42 pm by Filo »
It’s getting stupid, no one has made a decision on wether the game goes ahead on Saturday, so we have to prepare for the game, it will end up being that we’ve prepared for two games and both being called off at the last minute

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 27, 2019, 08:03:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I reckon we'll hear something tonight from the EFL.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 27, 2019, 08:12:43 pm by drfchound »
It’s getting stupid, no one has made a decision on wether the game goes ahead on Saturday, so we have to prepare for the game, it will end up being that we’ve prepared for two games and both being called off at the last minute

This is what I said earlier today.
The situation is not considerate to other EFL members or their supporters.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 27, 2019, 08:32:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
It is ultimately not the end of the world for us but the authorities are being made to look an absolute joke shop - unable to prevent this happening in the first place, slow to try and remedy and now guilty of totally discrediting League One with no sign as to how and when this shambles is going to end.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 27, 2019, 08:34:03 pm by BigH »
It's beyond a joke isn't it.

To understand why, just look at how the EFL operates. I've dealt with them and I can tell you that the way they manage themselves is barely above that of a parish council. While they might claim to be visionary dynamos charged with developing the EFL brand, all they do in reality is funnel TV and advertising monies to the clubs. You don't need to be a brains trust to do that.

So when it comes to negotiating hard ball with TV companies over rights, sorting out shysters who take clubs and their supporters for a ride, or laying down the law to ensure that clubs are viable and able to commit to a season of league football, is it any wonder that the EFL fails miserably in its duties.

How the CEO can claim a salary in excess of £400k per year for sitting atop this crock is utterly beyond me. If you think Gordon Taylor takes the p**s....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012