Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:55:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The points from the Bolton game  (Read 44239 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: The points from the Bolton game
« Reply #360 on September 14, 2019, 05:29:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Lads. These consistent hammerings probably make our chances even slimmer of getting a fair outcome. The EFL suits will not want to be seen to be kicking an injured beast. They will look for some sham outcome probably around a fine and a replay, at a time and circumstance not to suit Rovers.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:49:44 pm by Chris Black come back »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #361 on September 14, 2019, 05:38:34 pm by glosterred »
They’ve conceded 23 goals in 6 games and scored 1 goal

Coneded average 3.86 goals

Scored average 0.16 goals

3pts and a 4-0 win is about fair in my eyes

Do the Rovers not hold the record for most goals conceded in a season? Could we be on, if we do, to loose that record?

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #362 on September 14, 2019, 05:38:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Finally had my email reply, my bold:
Bolton Wanderers were permitted to start the 2019/20 season as the Administrators had confirmed that they were in a position to be able to compete, and were in advanced negotiations regarding the sale of the Club.

It is an EFL requirement that clubs complete their fixtures and do so by playing their full strength team. Not doing so would mean the Club would potentially be subject to further sanctions.

With regards to Bolton v Doncaster, there is no further update at this time, however this is being discussed.

They have to say "potentially" until a decision is made, but good at least to see the acknowledgement of "It is an EFL requirement..." etc along with the implication that the Admins had gone back on their word " that they were in a position to be able to compete". It's pretty serious put in that light.

It wasn't the Administrator who scuppered the takeover at that point. Bolton former owner Ken Anderson changed his stance over that weekend and the talks became protracted. Maybe there was a case for the EFL to step in at that point before Bolton were due to play their second game by suspending their fixtures and issuing the 14 day notice. 

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #363 on September 14, 2019, 07:43:43 pm by Barmby Rover »
They’ve conceded 23 goals in 6 games and scored 1 goal

Coneded average 3.86 goals

Scored average 0.16 goals

3pts and a 4-0 win is about fair in my eyes

Do the Rovers not hold the record for most goals conceded in a season? Could we be on, if we do, to loose that record?

COYR
29 goals in seven games now 4.1 and rising. % goals and three points please.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #364 on September 14, 2019, 07:44:24 pm by Barmby Rover »
5 goals that should be.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #365 on September 14, 2019, 08:14:28 pm by jackthelad »
In fairness we would probably beat them much more than 1-0.  It should be a default 3-0 win at least but I very much doubt it will happen.

If it is rearranged past January then it is a absolute disgrace

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #366 on September 14, 2019, 09:20:47 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Fed up of texting on this thread & so this will be my final input.

I have texted the EFL via their websites ‘query line’ on two occasions. The first being the day after the game was cancelled by Bolton when I received a very typical non commital reply from Daniel who signed himself as ‘Support Liason Officer’ basically saying the EFL were ‘investigating the matter’ & would be putting out a statement ‘imminently’.

Two weeks later, after the EFL had failed to make any decisions on the cancelled fixture, I sent a second more comprehensive email pointing out the obvious i.e.,

1.Bolton cancelled the game without informing the EFL, the governing body, or their opponents DRFC.
2. They gave ‘notice’ of the cancellation via their own media site thus compounding flagrant disregard for either us or the EFL.
3. Despite having fulfilled all other fixtures before & prior to the Rovers fixture & having lost the one prior to the Rovers game they ‘chose’ not to fulfill 5-0 & losing all subsequent fixtures (now four & counting) by 5 clear goals, it beggars belief that the EFL appears to still ‘be swayed’ by other League 1 club representatives that the fixture Bolton cancelled, not postponed..cancelled, should not be ‘awarded’ to Rovers asap with an appropriate goal difference based on games prior to & preceding the cancelled fixture.
4. The EFL’s continued procrastination on this matter becomes even more frustrating for those of us who invest time & monies at DRFC whilst ‘being forced’ to watch teams thrash Bolton game in game out thus undermining ‘our own true position’ in the competition.

I am yet to receive any reply from the EFL or any of its representatives.

I’ll say this for the last time, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 09:33:36 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #367 on September 14, 2019, 10:16:57 pm by Michael Shaw »
The EFL will decide what they want when they want, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Complaining and opinions does no good.

Same as Darren will sign a striker if he wants and when he wants, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Even though we needed a finisher today against Ipswich because we were so close to a win. 

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #368 on September 14, 2019, 10:28:00 pm by Alan Southstand »
It’s an absolute disgrace if the match is played at all. The EFL cannot allow rogue cancellations to have any credence whatsoever - if they do, there will be a precedent set for everyone and anyone to follow.

There can’t be an alternative to us being awarded the points for the forfeited game, otherwise it’s anarchy and the competition is flawed.

What is it, though, that could possibly be taking so long to come to the right and only decision?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #369 on September 14, 2019, 10:49:06 pm by Barmby Rover »
Having set the precedent of not giving the team offended the points, imagine a scenario where Bolton need three points against us in the last game of the season to overtake us and get promotion, we have some significant injuries we just cancel the game so we stay in the top 2, if forced to replay we have the players back and win. What is the difference, it would certainly suit our club, and apparently it is accepted practice

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on September 14, 2019, 11:05:44 pm by Drover »
The yellowback EFL are probably hoping to stall until 1) Bolton are that far behind that 3 pts will not save them from relegation or 2) we are in midtable obscurity and 3pts will not make any difference to us for promotion or relegation.I just love DM getting the great results for us so far,meaning option 2 is looking unlikely for the EFL.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #371 on September 14, 2019, 11:09:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Fed up of texting on this thread & so this will be my final input.

I have texted the EFL via their websites ‘query line’ on two occasions. The first being the day after the game was cancelled by Bolton when I received a very typical non commital reply from Daniel who signed himself as ‘Support Liason Officer’ basically saying the EFL were ‘investigating the matter’ & would be putting out a statement ‘imminently’.

Two weeks later, after the EFL had failed to make any decisions on the cancelled fixture, I sent a second more comprehensive email pointing out the obvious i.e.,

1.Bolton cancelled the game without informing the EFL, the governing body, or their opponents DRFC.
2. They gave ‘notice’ of the cancellation via their own media site thus compounding flagrant disregard for either us or the EFL.
3. Despite having fulfilled all other fixtures before & prior to the Rovers fixture & having lost the one prior to the Rovers game they ‘chose’ not to fulfill 5-0 & losing all subsequent fixtures (now four & counting) by 5 clear goals, it beggars belief that the EFL appears to still ‘be swayed’ by other League 1 club representatives that the fixture Bolton cancelled, not postponed..cancelled, should not be ‘awarded’ to Rovers asap with an appropriate goal difference based on games prior to & preceding the cancelled fixture.
4. The EFL’s continued procrastination on this matter becomes even more frustrating for those of us who invest time & monies at DRFC whilst ‘being forced’ to watch teams thrash Bolton game in game out thus undermining ‘our own true position’ in the competition.

I am yet to receive any reply from the EFL or any of its representatives.

I’ll say this for the last time, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
I agree with all you say. My E mail pointed out all the same points also.
This is getting quite tiresome now, all the waiting we are having to do. Where is this statement on their decision. Our Football club are being treated with contempt.
No respect or regard for the wronged. That’s our club and supporters or the entire league competition’s credibility.

EFL where is your leadership. GET ON WITH IT AND FOR HEAVENS SAKE MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:28:12 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #372 on September 14, 2019, 11:26:29 pm by Campsall rover »
The EFL will decide what they want when they want, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Complaining and opinions does no good.

Same as Darren will sign a striker if he wants and when he wants, and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Even though we needed a finisher today against Ipswich because we were so close to a win.
What on Earth is the connection between those points you make. Sorry MS that’s ridiculous to put both those two situations in the same sentence.
So we are supposed to say or do nothing are we, just let our club be treated as if it’s insignificant and well run clubs like ours should be punished by clubs who have not been well run ( understatement )
Massively badly run for years in fact in Bolton’s case.

Yes there is something we can do about the Bolton situation if the incorrect decision is made.
That’s if they are ever going to make a decision of course.

1) Take Legal action
2) Do what Bolton did and cancel the game ( don’t inform the EFL or Bolton and don’t turn up for the match. )
3) Supporters can keep protesting, writing to EFL &
Making significant visual impact at all our home and away games. ( Peaceful protests of course )

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:36:19 pm by Campsall rover »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #373 on January 01, 2020, 09:32:29 pm by Metalmicky »
I didn't want to open a further thread about Bolton, but I note that they lost again today and with other results going against them they are now 18 points adrift of safety..... I wonder at what stage they will accept that they are doomed...?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #374 on January 01, 2020, 09:37:57 pm by adamtherover »
I didn't want to open a further thread about Bolton, but I note that they lost again today and with other results going against them they are now 18 points adrift of safety..... I wonder at what stage they will accept that they are doomed...?
the quicker they are relegated hopefully the efl will give us a date..   at least we can try and get through the games in hand so the league table isnt all to cock..

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #375 on January 01, 2020, 10:48:24 pm by 5 on Tour »
The best thing for the EFL is for Bolton to be relegated nice and early and us stuck in mid table mediocrity then no-one gives a monkeys how the game gets awarded.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #376 on January 01, 2020, 11:20:43 pm by Campsall rover »
The best thing for the EFL is for Bolton to be relegated nice and early and us stuck in mid table mediocrity then no-one gives a monkeys how the game gets awarded.
Best for the EFL yes.
But it may not happen, so they can’t afford to delay this much longer.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 08:14:23 pm by Campsall rover »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #377 on January 01, 2020, 11:24:16 pm by 5 on Tour »
Best foe the EFL yes.
But it may not happen, so they can’t afford to delay this much longer.

It’s the EFL they might decide next season...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #378 on January 01, 2020, 11:26:11 pm by IDM »
The EFL appealed the independent panel judgement.  Is it the EFL stalling the outcome now?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #379 on January 01, 2020, 11:30:48 pm by dickos1 »
The EFL appealed the independent panel judgement.  Is it the EFL stalling the outcome now?

No

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #380 on January 02, 2020, 12:46:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just perusing the Bolton forum and it appears there's some further potential complications which obviously is just hearsay so take the following with a pinch of salt.

1. Bolton fielded some 'incorrectly' registered players in their opening game vs Wycombe.

2. Other League One clubs are ready to take the EFL to court over the handling of the Bolton affair, depending on the outcome of the appeal.

3. Allegedly, the EFL's leading legal advisor turns out to be a Bolton supporter leading to claims of conflict of interest.

We don't know how much of the above is true but you get the sense this still has a long way to run.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #381 on January 02, 2020, 12:51:48 pm by Filo »
I get the feeling which ever way the appeal goes there will be legal action against the efl

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #382 on January 02, 2020, 05:12:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
Allegedly, the EFL's leading legal advisor turns out to be a Bolton supporter leading to claims of conflict of interest.

That’s a humdinger, if true, but would explain why they (initially) appeared to get away lightly with the Independant body’s ruling.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #383 on January 02, 2020, 08:08:43 pm by Muttley »
Allegedly, the EFL's leading legal advisor turns out to be a Bolton supporter leading to claims of conflict of interest.

That’s a humdinger, if true, but would explain why they (initially) appeared to get away lightly with the Independant body’s ruling.

It’s true...

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #384 on January 02, 2020, 08:11:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You couldn't make it up could you!?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #385 on January 02, 2020, 08:16:23 pm by Campsall rover »
You couldn't make it up could you!?
Could turn into a best seller.  :facepalm: :headbang:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #386 on January 02, 2020, 10:08:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I get the feeling which ever way the appeal goes there will be legal action against the efl

It's quite amazing that the EFL don't have automatic procedures to deal with this.

A clause that says "If any club fails to fulfill a fixture without the express, prior approval of the EFL, they automatically forfeit the game 0-3 and are deducted 6 points."

That automatically kicks in. No it's, no buts, no decisions to be made.

The problem is that in the absence of that clause, the EFL have let this become a matter of opinion. And however the opinion settles, some sides, including ones not involved with the original fixture, will be up for a fight over it.

It's a classic case of rank bad management by the EFL, who have now got themselves into an impossible situation.

LifeComesAtYouFast

« Reply #387 on October 06, 2020, 04:43:20 pm by LifeComesAtYouFast »
Completely agree, any team that decides not to bother with games should either be forced to use youth players, or be docked points, fined, banished from the FL etc.

Anyway, good luck against Shrewsbury on Saturday

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #388 on October 06, 2020, 05:41:15 pm by Janso »
Completely agree, any team that decides not to bother with games should either be forced to use youth players, or be docked points, fined, banished from the FL etc.

Sad Kitson. Our game was postponed for call ups, not cos we thought we were in for a shagging so didn't feel the need to bother playing.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #389 on October 06, 2020, 05:47:03 pm by Filo »

Sad Kitson. Our game was postponed for call ups, not cos we thought we were in for a shagging so didn't feel the need to bother playing.

Yes it’s bad enough coming here to make a non point, but to actually trawl back to a thread last posted on in January to make that non point, how very f**king sad

TinyPortal © 2005-2012