Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 07:29:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers  (Read 7208 times)

besty

• Forum Member
Rovers
« on September 02, 2019, 08:20:35 pm by besty »
I love my club even more so since I lost my dad,if it wasnt for the Bolton,Bury fiasco we could well be top of the league now.
Our owners plough in millions of their own money to keep us competitive and they get treated like krap on here.
We get mediocre crowds for this division so have no divine right for expections to be high.

Lets just support our team we aint that bad cmon lets get behind them this petty squabbling is ridiculous

:scarf: :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers
« Reply #1 on September 02, 2019, 08:30:18 pm by the vicar »
We are all behind the club but when we don't replace a striker that we know was going at Christmas then someone deserves some flack, it is just the passion for the game and you will always get it at a y club if they don't sign any players of even mediocre skill.  No one loves this club more than me but at times they drive you nuts
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 08:32:29 pm by the vicar »

Ziggazaggarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 02, 2019, 08:39:21 pm by Ziggazaggarover »
We are all behind the club but when we don't replace a striker that we know was going at Christmas then someone deserves some flack, it is just the passion for the game and you will always get it at a y club if they don't sign any players of even mediocre skill
you need to get your tongue out there arse , the crowds are low because there's no ambition , we have about 10 players on books so we release one and let him go to a club who did dirty on in last week , what makes it worse is all the false promises about two good strikers coming in and all that crap , I don't see how were so skint all the time and owners have to put money in every year must be not well run , our wage bill can't be much , where does all money from EFL go , money from cup , money from transfers , shirt sales , ticket sales , away ticket sales , box sales lounge sales , we must be a poorly run club , why are we making a loss each year but a club same size down road don't seem to be who get similar crowds ? That's what I would be looking into

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 02, 2019, 08:42:27 pm by IDM »
Zzzzzzzzzz

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 02, 2019, 08:52:09 pm by sha66y »
It’s relentless !

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 02, 2019, 08:58:00 pm by silent majority »
We are all behind the club but when we don't replace a striker that we know was going at Christmas then someone deserves some flack, it is just the passion for the game and you will always get it at a y club if they don't sign any players of even mediocre skill
you need to get your tongue out there arse , the crowds are low because there's no ambition , we have about 10 players on books so we release one and let him go to a club who did dirty on in last week , what makes it worse is all the false promises about two good strikers coming in and all that crap , I don't see how were so skint all the time and owners have to put money in every year must be not well run , our wage bill can't be much , where does all money from EFL go , money from cup , money from transfers , shirt sales , ticket sales , away ticket sales , box sales lounge sales , we must be a poorly run club , why are we making a loss each year but a club same size down road don't seem to be who get similar crowds ? That's what I would be looking into

Which club down the road on similar crowds?

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 02, 2019, 09:01:34 pm by StocksArmy »
I think anyone who isnt slightly p!!$$£d at the club for an obvious lack of ambition needs to take up another sport. Also to let a midfielder leave is absolutely criminal.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 02, 2019, 09:09:04 pm by dknward2 »
I think everyone can be understandably upset of how this window has played out, however we shouldn’t be kicking off at the club I’m sure they have tried their best and done all they can but won’t sign just anybody just to keep fans happy.

I would rather have players who want to be here obviously Ali didn’t want to fight for his place here so let him go I would rather have one of our youth players say Lirak who wants to make his mark

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 02, 2019, 09:11:57 pm by silent majority »
I think anyone who isnt slightly p!!$$£d at the club for an obvious lack of ambition needs to take up another sport. Also to let a midfielder leave is absolutely criminal.

Surely the ones who are mightily pissed because their club didn't sign the players they wanted, so they can feel better about themselves on a Saturday afternoon, are the ones who need to take up another sport? I mean, they're the ones who's emotions seem suspect.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 02, 2019, 09:14:11 pm by dickos1 »
At the moment it has to be the board that takes the blame.
Baldwin stated that their job was to give Moore the best chance of getting into the top 6.
They’ve definitely failed with this

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 02, 2019, 09:16:09 pm by sha66y »

I think anyone who is pissed at the club , whilst it’s doing well needs to hand in their season tickets and either stay at home or take up another sport....

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 02, 2019, 09:16:23 pm by Chris Black come back »
If we get the three points we are owed from the Bolton cancellation, we will be in the top six.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 02, 2019, 09:17:07 pm by dickos1 »
It’s got zilch to do with how we’ve done over 4 league games I’m afraid

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 02, 2019, 09:18:55 pm by sha66y »
At the moment it has to be the board that takes the blame.
Baldwin stated that their job was to give Moore the best chance of getting into the top 6.
They’ve definitely failed with this

Big hug time Dickos, ya been feeling it today I can tell....c’mon group hug

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 02, 2019, 09:23:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
It’s got zilch to do with how we’ve done over 4 league games I’m afraid

You’ve been at this all night. Give yourself a rest and it will all look better in the morning.

We have had the best start to a league season for nearly 25 years, we are unbeaten in league and have scored in every league game and when we get given the points that are rightfully owed to us, we are in the play offs.

Look with some positivity.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 09:38:41 pm by Chris Black come back »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2019, 09:28:52 pm by dickos1 »
I do seem to be calming down.

Does 4 games account to a start worth comparing to anything.
League table is irrelevant until 10 games in, let’s hope we’re still doing well then and haven’t suffered any injuries or suspensions

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 02, 2019, 09:30:31 pm by the vicar »
so why don't you read my post AGAIN you might read it correctly if you do, I have never been accused of having my tongue up the directors arse and I never will have so read it again then apologise if you dare lol

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 02, 2019, 09:36:42 pm by Copps is Magic »

Surely the ones who are mightily pissed because their club didn't sign the players they wanted, so they can feel better about themselves on a Saturday afternoon, are the ones who need to take up another sport? I mean, they're the ones who's emotions seem suspect.

People's passion for the club is going to materialise in different ways and sometimes you need to be mature enough to see that.

Plenty of people have raised valid concerns and criticisms on here over the last few months over a seeming lack of coordination, long-term planning, and financial aspects that, of course we don't know the ins and out, are hard to fathom. I can't really imagine the club is too thrilled how it has played out either. I hope they do some sort of post-mortem and reflect on what they can do differently.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 02, 2019, 09:42:28 pm by besty »
Next 6 league games

Rotherham
Ipswich
Blackpool
Peterborough
Coventry
Portsmouth

Lets discuss after these fixtures

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 02, 2019, 09:47:24 pm by NickDRFC »

There is often hysteria and over reaction on here but I think you need to be fair - the noises coming from the club (sometimes via you) all summer were along the lines of:

- We are going full tilt for promotion
- There's a list of exciting signings
- We won't miss Kane as we have a better replacement coming
- Moore has a little black book and he's being backed with a bigger budget
- Marquis' replacement is lined up and has a similar pedigree etc etc

All really enhancing our expectations and playing up chances. Something, somewhere, has gone wrong as the squad looks weaker than the one that finished the season. Some of the signings look promising and may yet turn out to be stars for us this season but right now, with the window shut and the squad now unchangeable (free agents notwithstanding), the actions don't match what we were told to expect and it's completely understandable that fans are frustrated.

I don't agree with everything being doom and gloom and the some of the conspiracy theories are a bit fanciful but taking a step back and a having a dispassionate look at the window as a whole it's hard to deny that it's been pretty dreadful. As Copps says, let's hope that lessons are learnt and mistakes not been repeated.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 02, 2019, 09:48:31 pm by silent majority »
CiM,

In all my years of supporting DRFC, and England come to that, I've learnt that being overly optimistic or pessimistic doesn't work. You have to find the middle ground. Yes I can feel terribly sad that we've lost certain games, and with England when we've gone out of competitions in the way we have it can be really bad, but to get so upset over not signing players? Really?

As for DRFC now, I'm sure they will have a good look at the situation.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 02, 2019, 09:50:42 pm by Draytonian III »
I know let’s plough millions of pounds into buying average players, give them 3 year deals on say £6k a week and see what happens, 3x52 = 156 x £6k = £936k = Bury ,and they had more than one player on that, Vaughan,Beckford,O Shea.
What do people want out this football club , a 3 or 4 year purple patch or maybe we could go the whole hog and get back into Europe and be playing the likes of Benfica and Ajax again.
Some people just enjoy moaning about everything and I mean everything it’s bloody pathetic

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 02, 2019, 09:51:14 pm by donnievic »
My take on the striker situation is maybe the club didn’t want to be held to ransom,who ever the fans wanted or the club had in mind may differ,maybe the other club wanted to much money knowing we had abit come in from marquis although it was mentioned that 2 clubs had reached a deal,or maybe the player or players wanted to much wages.if that was the case I’m right behind the manager and board for going down the loan route

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 02, 2019, 09:54:31 pm by dickos1 »
I know let’s plough millions of pounds into buying average players, give them 3 year deals on say £6k a week and see what happens, 3x52 = 156 x £6k = £936k = Bury ,and they had more than one player on that, Vaughan,Beckford,O Shea.
What do people want out this football club , a 3 or 4 year purple patch or maybe we could go the whole hog and get back into Europe and be playing the likes of Benfica and Ajax again.
Some people just enjoy moaning about everything and I mean everything it’s bloody pathetic

What on earth does any of that have to do with replacing our striker that we got well over 1 million quid for?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 02, 2019, 09:56:18 pm by silent majority »

What on earth does any of that have to do with replacing our striker that we got well over 1 million quid for?

We won't have the money yet though will we?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 02, 2019, 09:57:49 pm by pib »
It wasn't very well thought out if we have to wait the length of his Portsmouth contract to replace him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 02, 2019, 10:00:04 pm by dickos1 »

I’ve no idea, I just know we were told the money would be reinvested in signing a replacement.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 02, 2019, 10:06:10 pm by Pliskin »
If other clubs can buy our players in installments, and we know the Marquis money will come over time, why can't we do the same?

Seems like a poor excuse.

tonybuk86

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 02, 2019, 10:13:48 pm by tonybuk86 »
I'm pissed off that we got another loan signing in and not another player on our books. We let Crawford go who was a top player for us last season, We needed a new striker, which ain't coming in now.

We had the money from the Marquis sale, where has that gone? Why have we not bought a new striker with it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 02, 2019, 10:18:27 pm by drfchound »

Why won’t we have the money yet?
They have got our player.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012