Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 01:15:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers  (Read 7209 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Rovers
« Reply #30 on September 02, 2019, 10:21:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Let’s go and spend our way into oblivion. Let’s pay 6/7 grand a week on 4/5 players get into the championship and be massively in debt.
Will then have some seriously happy posters on here won’t we.

It is obvious we are not going to go down the dangerous route that clubs like Fleetwood and Peterborough are doing.

Good managers don’t need to spend money on paying players inflated wages or spending money on ridiculous transfer fees on players past their sell by date.

Darren Moore is one of those managers who will get the best out of young players with hunger and ambition. He will create a fantastic team spirit in the camp and we will have a great season.
Mark my words all you doom and gloom merchants,  :crying: we are building the right way.  :woohoo:
Let’s see where we are in 3 yrs time compared to those 2 clubs i mentioned above.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 02, 2019, 10:23:18 pm by pib »
Let’s go and spend our way into oblivion. Let’s pay 6/7 grand a week on 4/5 players get into the championship and be massively in debt.

It is obvious we are not going to go down the dangerous route that clubs like Fleetwood and Peterborough are doing.

Good managers don’t need to spend money on paying players inflated wages or spending money on ridiculous transfer fees on players past their sell by date.

Darren Moore is one of those managers who will get the best out of young players with hunger and ambition. He will create a fantastic team spirit in the camp and we will have a great season.
Mark my words all you doom and gloom merchants,  :crying: we are building the right way.  :woohoo:
Let’s see where we are in 3 yrs time compared to those 2 clubs i mentioned above.

I don't think anybody is really advocating the first part of your post.

Having 6 loan players when you can only play 5 is ridiculous though. Surely you can admit that?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on September 02, 2019, 10:27:22 pm by drfchound »
I haven’t seen anyone asking the club to pay wages to players as you suggest in your post Campsall.

You have been asking everyone to be patient as the players will be here before deadline day........but they haven’t.

Surely you can see why people are concerned.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 02, 2019, 10:33:02 pm by dickos1 »

Give over campsall, youve spent all summer telling people to trust the club that they’ll get the players in. Even admitted the squad needs adding to and marquis needs replacing but it will happen and to trust the club.
Now it hasn’t you’re trying to suggest people want the club to go bankrupt when in reality they just want what you’ve been telling them will happen..

It hasn’t

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 02, 2019, 10:33:10 pm by Alan Southstand »
Let’s go and spend our way into oblivion.

No, we’ve chosen to not spend our way into oblivion!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 02, 2019, 10:35:15 pm by Campsall rover »

Having 6 loan players when you can only play 5 is ridiculous though. Surely you can admit that?
I thought most clubs had 7 players on the subs bench. What about injuries and possible suspensions.
Complaining the squad isn’t big enough? Club can’t win can it.
Whatever the club does, some will never be happy. In fact some are only happy it would seem when they can have a jolly good slagging off session about the club they portray to support.
What a joke. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:37:40 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 02, 2019, 10:36:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Let’s go and spend our way into oblivion.

No, we’ve chosen to not spend our way into oblivion!
Exactly.  :thumbsup:

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 02, 2019, 10:38:53 pm by pib »

I thought most clubs had 7 players on the subs bench. What about injuries and possible suspensions.
Whatever the club does, some will never be happy. In fact some are only happy it would seem when they can have a jolly good slagging off session about the club the portray to support.

Not really sure what you're getting at here, but we've hardly made the squad any bigger with our 6th loan signing when we've just let a permanently contracted senior player leave at the same time.

There's a middle ground between "spending your way into oblivion" and every bit of transfer business being short-termist and on the fly.

You could even say it would be prudent business to bring in players with potential on permanent deals to be developed. Then, y'know, maybe sell them on for a couple of million and that goes back into the club coffers. But there's a few of us on here becoming blue in the face saying this now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 02, 2019, 10:39:10 pm by drfchound »

Whatever the club does, some will never be happy. In fact some are only happy it would seem when they can have a jolly good slagging off session about the club they portray to support.

Not sure what having seven players on the bench has do do with anything to do with the loan players.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 02, 2019, 10:39:42 pm by dickos1 »

Can only have 5 in the squad so we’ve one loan player that can’t even be in the squad.
Ridiculous

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 02, 2019, 10:44:54 pm by the vicar »

No one is asking for that Campsall mate, but we was told we was going to get a striker in the same or better than JM, no body asked for that, all we want is a number 9 with a modicum of skill and goal ratio, it was the club that said all that, so it is human nature to get frustrated when we don't get even a crap one in. Then they said they wanted the right striker and we still get nothing. Some of the fans on here that think the sun shines out of the clubs bums said there is still time and to be patient, and we still don't get any one in, so how do they think people should react
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 10:54:08 pm by the vicar »

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 02, 2019, 10:49:48 pm by elmsallrover »
I think anyone who isnt slightly p!!$$£d at the club for an obvious lack of ambition needs to take up another sport. Also to let a midfielder leave is absolutely criminal.

I think anyone who is pissed at the club , whilst it’s doing well needs to hand in their season tickets and either stay at home or take up another sport....
just think I might.. down to the arena on a Saturday and Sunday night

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 02, 2019, 10:51:42 pm by uros-predic »

No fan expects that ffs. It’s the fact that the whole striker situation has been an embarrassment from start to finish/top to bottom that is causing all this. From DM’s deperate attempts to ease fans minds in that first interview after selling JM up to trying to sign plan Y up on deadline day. Hopefully Plan Z Anichebe can end up being that missing piece.

I don’t for one second blame DM he’s the one I feel sorry for. If we finish top half that man needs a statue.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 02, 2019, 11:01:02 pm by Campsall rover »
Has anybody considered that there might be a reason why we only brought in one more player today.
The most obvious one is the players DM identified are asking or their agents are asking for ridiculous wages.
If what has happened to Bury and Bolton hasn’t registered with some of you yet then it’s time it did.
Yes of course i would have liked 2/3 more signings, i said as much.
It didn’t happen for a reason obviously.
I am not going to spit my dummy out and call the board liars or even idiots as in one post.
What i am going to do is turn up week in week out and support the manager & team. We have a good squad much better than some seem to think we have as will be proved imo.
What an opportunity for the likes of Amos, Blaney, Gomes, Longbottom, Boocock etc to show what they can do when they are called upon.
Some of you have been moaning for years our youth players don’t get an opportunity to become regular 1st team players.
Well now you might get your wish. Embrace it, or at least for heavens sake try.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on September 02, 2019, 11:16:17 pm by Campsall rover »

No one is asking for that Campsall mate, but we was told we was going to get a striker in the same or better than JM, no body asked for that, all we want is a number 9 with a modicum of skill and goal ratio, it was the club that said all that, so it is human nature to get frustrated when we don't get even a crap one in. Then they said they wanted the right striker and we still get nothing. Some of the fans on here that think the sun shines out of the clubs bums said there is still time and to be patient, and we still don't get any one in, so how do they think people should react
Don’t you think Ennis & Sterling are capable of scoring 30+ goals between them this season. I do.
Sadlier and Taylor 10+ each. May, Whiteman, Coppinger, Gomes, 15+ between them.
Anderson, John, Wright, Sheaf, James and Halliday 10+ between them. That’s 75+ goals.
No guarantee of course but isn’t it better than relying on one striker getting 25 goals.
Look for the positives. Turn negatives into a positive.
All some of you want to do is look for the negatives. It’s not healthy and it’s a remedy for failure.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 02, 2019, 11:19:46 pm by redarmy82 »
We are all behind the club but when we don't replace a striker that we know was going at Christmas then someone deserves some flack, it is just the passion for the game and you will always get it at a y club if they don't sign any players of even mediocre skill
you need to get your tongue out there arse , the crowds are low because there's no ambition , we have about 10 players on books so we release one and let him go to a club who did dirty on in last week , what makes it worse is all the false promises about two good strikers coming in and all that crap , I don't see how were so skint all the time and owners have to put money in every year must be not well run , our wage bill can't be much , where does all money from EFL go , money from cup , money from transfers , shirt sales , ticket sales , away ticket sales , box sales lounge sales , we must be a poorly run club , why are we making a loss each year but a club same size down road don't seem to be who get similar crowds ? That's what I would be looking into

Which club down the road on similar crowds?

That would be Rotherham. They get similar crowds to our manufactured ones.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 02, 2019, 11:20:34 pm by boro_rover »
You know what Campsall, I was about to post on here moaning about the lack of ambition by the club and an underwhelming transfer window again.

But we do need a reality check. We are not a big club, but we do have ambitions for better.

I have to admit I dislike that once again we are spending the budget on loan players we have no realistic chance of signing. I just hope that some of our own youth will be given oppertunities and will prove to be worthy.

Let’s face it, the majority of us expected nothing last year after the signings we made and we overachieved and hit the playoffs. We could be in a similar situation again at the end of this season who knows.

Whatever happens we will all still love the Rovers.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 02, 2019, 11:26:20 pm by dickos1 »
Has anybody considered that there might be a reason why we only brought in one more player today.
The most obvious one is the players DM identified are asking or their agents are asking for ridiculous wages.
If what has happened to Bury and Bolton hasn’t registered with some of you yet then it’s time it did.
I am not going to spit my dummy out and call the board liars or even idiots as in one post.
What i am going to do is turn up week in week out and support the manager & team. We have a good squad much better than some seem to think we have as will be proved imo.
What an opportunity for the likes of Amos, Blaney, Gomes, Longbottom, Boocock etc to show what they can do when they are called upon.
Some of you have been moaning for years our youth players don’t get an opportunity to become regular 1st team players.

We were ready to offer marquis a new contract which I’m pretty sure would have been substantial.
Therefore we have the money to offer without crippling the club, and there’ll be plenty of very good strikers out there who would be happy to get the wage we were prepared to offer marquis

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on September 02, 2019, 11:28:29 pm by redarmy82 »
So SM, do we or do we not have the money for Marquis. You are now implying this is the reason we haven’t replaced him?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 02, 2019, 11:43:13 pm by Campsall rover »
You know what Campsall, I was about to post on here moaning about the lack of ambition by the club and an underwhelming transfer window again.

But we do need a reality check. We are not a big club, but we do have ambitions for better.

I have to admit I dislike that once again we are spending the budget on loan players we have no realistic chance of signing. I just hope that some of our own youth will be given oppertunities and will prove to be worthy.

Let’s face it, the majority of us expected nothing last year after the signings we made and we overachieved and hit the playoffs. We could be in a similar situation again at the end of this season who knows.

Whatever happens we will all still love the Rovers.
The size of the club is irrelevant. If any business turns over £1,000,000 and spends £1,200,000 each year (as an example)  you will soon run up a substantial debt.
It’s exactly the same in the premier league as in the lower leagues.
Yes they have much more revenue but they have to balance the books just the same.
As for Rovers being a small club, well that depends who you are comparing us against doesn’t it.
We are bigger than all clubs in League 1 other than, Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth and Coventry and Bolton, based on size of town/city, Stadium, gates and near future potential.
Rotherham, Blackpool, Oxford, Bristol Rovers, Peterborough, Lincoln & MK Dons are behind us imo.
All the others are much smaller clubs.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:55:03 pm by Campsall rover »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 02, 2019, 11:48:22 pm by the vicar »
Campsall you know I'm right behind the manager and team, you know me well enough, but it was the club that said that they were going to reinvest the money we got for JM not the fans and all the other things I posted earlier

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 02, 2019, 11:49:46 pm by Campsall rover »

We were ready to offer marquis a new contract which I’m pretty sure would have been substantial.
Therefore we have the money to offer without crippling the club, and there’ll be plenty of very good strikers out there who would be happy to get the wage we were prepared to offer marquis
Well obviously not Dickos or we would have signed one. Players like Clarke are sitting on big fat contracts and are prepared to sit them out or expect Rovers to match their wages.
We are not going to be held to ransom. Hence quality loan signings of young hungry players.
Don’t see a problem. You do that’s your choice.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 03, 2019, 12:07:10 am by donny dave »
I support the club and the board and i thank them for the help they give our club despite the hassle they get from OUR fans.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 03, 2019, 12:13:04 am by dickos1 »

Well obviously not Dickos or we would have signed one. Players like Clarke are sitting on big fat contracts and are prepared to sit them out or expect Rovers to match their wages.
We are not going to be held to ransom. Hence quality loan signings of young hungry players.

Obviously not if that’s the argument you’re going to pedal.

Me, I don’t for a minute think we couldn’t have signed a good striker for the same money we got for marquis its astounding to suggest otherwise.

The summer has been a disaster, 8/9 first team players from last season have left and we’ve replaced them with 3/4 first team players and 6 players on loan, of which one can’t be in the squad.
Moore knows he’s needed more players and it just hasn’t happened, so now he’s got to go with what he’s got 

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 03, 2019, 12:19:32 am by Jonathan »

Don’t you think Ennis & Sterling are capable of scoring 30+ goals between them this season. I do.
Anderson, John, Wright, Sheaf, James and Halliday 10+ between them. That’s 75+ goals.
No guarantee of course but isn’t it better than relying on one striker getting 25 goals.
All some of you want to do is look for the negatives. It’s not healthy and it’s a remedy for failure.

Do you seriously think Ennis and Sterling will score 30+ goals between them this season? I mean I hope you’re right, obviously, but that sounds very much like wild hope more than expectation. Both look to be promising players and I’m sure Wolves and Spurs will be happy to see them get game time. But 30+ goals.... really? That’s a very ambitious expectation on two young players. Wolves and Spurs will be rubbing their hands if they get anywhere near it!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 03, 2019, 12:35:53 am by Campsall rover »

Obviously not if that’s the argument you’re going to pedal.

Me, I don’t for a minute think we couldn’t have signed a good striker for the same money we got for marquis its astounding to suggest otherwise.

The summer has been a disaster, 8/9 first team players from last season have left and we’ve replaced them with 3/4 first team players and 6 players on loan, of which one can’t be in the squad.
Moore knows he’s needed more players and it just hasn’t happened, so now he’s got to go with what he’s got
“It’s a disaster” come on Dickos what happened to Bury was a disaster.
Our 1997/98 season was a disaster. I think you need to get a bit of perspective on this.

Forget the players who have gone and focus on the new ones.
Deing, Halliday, James, John, Donavon, Sheaf, Gomes, Taylor, Ennis, Sterling. ( 10 )
So some are loan players. So what, if they get us into the play offs then job done. If not so be it.
I think we will be in top 6. Let’s see. The jury’s out. 40 or 41 games to play ( Bolton? )
2 wins 2 draws so far with our ‘rubbish squad’  Only been together as a squad for a few weeks and will only get better. What’s not to like. Solvent club. Community orientated. Modern stadium,
Young hungry team with a great manager.

You have changed out of all recognition over the last 2 yrs Dickos. You used to defend all things DRFC Now you seem to be a very disillusioned supporter.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 12:48:06 am by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 03, 2019, 12:41:57 am by Campsall rover »

Do you seriously think Ennis and Sterling will score 30+ goals between them this season? I mean I hope you’re right, obviously, but that sounds very much like wild hope more than expectation. Both look to be promising players and I’m sure Wolves and Spurs will be happy to see them get game time. But 30+ goals.... really? That’s a very ambitious expectation on two young players. Wolves and Spurs will be rubbing their hands if they get anywhere near it!
Why not Jonathan. It’s possible with the service they will get. Not saying it’s certain of course but it’s possible. The point I was making is that there are goals from all the team. More than last season when we relied an awful lot on Marquis & Wilks.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 03, 2019, 02:39:10 am by silent majority »
It wasn't very well thought out if we have to wait the length of his Portsmouth contract to replace him.

But that's a pretty standard contract in football, despite what you may read or think.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on September 03, 2019, 02:44:03 am by silent majority »
We are all behind the club but when we don't replace a striker that we know was going at Christmas then someone deserves some flack, it is just the passion for the game and you will always get it at a y club if they don't sign any players of even mediocre skill
you need to get your tongue out there arse , the crowds are low because there's no ambition , we have about 10 players on books so we release one and let him go to a club who did dirty on in last week , what makes it worse is all the false promises about two good strikers coming in and all that crap , I don't see how were so skint all the time and owners have to put money in every year must be not well run , our wage bill can't be much , where does all money from EFL go , money from cup , money from transfers , shirt sales , ticket sales , away ticket sales , box sales lounge sales , we must be a poorly run club , why are we making a loss each year but a club same size down road don't seem to be who get similar crowds ? That's what I would be looking into

Which club down the road on similar crowds?

That would be Rotherham. They get similar crowds to our manufactured ones.

Was I asking you?

But to put matters straight, the Rotherham owners are not gifting money, it's all loans, I'd suggest that will end in tears.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on September 03, 2019, 02:46:42 am by silent majority »
So SM, do we or do we not have the money for Marquis. You are now implying this is the reason we haven’t replaced him?

Nope, I'm not implying that in the slightest.

What I am pointing out, is that transfer fees don't work like that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012