Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:46:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Meet the owners Please  (Read 13563 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Meet the owners Please
« Reply #60 on September 05, 2019, 07:55:41 pm by dickos1 »
There’s plenty of strikers we could’ve signed
Attack minded players aren’t strikers! Coppinger is an attack minded player but he’d be no good as a number 9
Can you name some who would have wanted to come here

How on earth would I know who would come here?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 05, 2019, 08:30:41 pm by graingrover »
I think we should listen carefully to this Darren Moore when he says that signings have to be the right fit for the squad here .He clearly thinks V.A.would be but maybe he did not feel that about other  names quoted on here and on fans’wish list I for one would put my trust in DM and his man manager experience and honesty ,
He was also very frank about Ali Crawford in his latest interview .

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 05, 2019, 08:51:17 pm by Metalmicky »
Anyone who was there tonight care to do a summary?

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 05, 2019, 08:51:30 pm by NewDonny »
Without a replacement for marquis we are going to struggle to finish in the top 6.

What if ennis and Stirling get injured what happens then? We have no depth whatsoever up front

Oh here is moaning again always glass half empty with you Dickos1 isn't it, seems to me the more you moan we keep winning so maybe keep it up. According to you we were doomed after the Grimsby game and have won every game sine lol.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 05, 2019, 09:13:12 pm by dickos1 »
Without a replacement for marquis we are going to struggle to finish in the top 6.

What if ennis and Stirling get injured what happens then? We have no depth whatsoever up front

Oh here is moaning again always glass half empty with you Dickos1 isn't it, seems to me the more you moan we keep winning so maybe keep it up. According to you we were doomed after the Grimsby game and have won every game sine lol.

As your name states, you are new
You must be very new.

And as per usual you’re making stuff up, never ever said we were doomed at all.
I said it was a poor result which you didn’t seem to be able to accept

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on September 05, 2019, 09:25:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Funny how that is his first impression...?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 05, 2019, 09:27:33 pm by dickos1 »
Funny how that is his first impression...?

Funny how you’re jumping on the bandwagon

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 05, 2019, 09:28:16 pm by silent majority »
Don't think I'll make it. Hearing there may be some good news though.

Your source again?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 05, 2019, 09:55:52 pm by selby »
Sydney Rover, I did thank the Board for their generous patronage just as asked as the first response.
Sedwards drfc I asked your question  as regards future plans on the transfer front, and was answered as the free press reported
  I asked about were the club moving onto try and obtain category 2 status for the academy, and they are at the moment looking at the situation on a cost to reward basis, and basically are dubious whether there is a lot of reward for the investment required and the running costs, but are enthusiastic to improve the standard of play throughout the academy, and the standard of youngsters in the academy by  improving the scouting especially in the surrounding area of Doncaster.
  Darren is pleasantly impressed by some of the younger players, and was close to starting a couple against Lincoln and probably would have if our game at Bury had been played.
   The name of the sponsors  name on the stadium is likely to change at the end of the Keepmoat deal, and the board of directors are still as committed to the club as they have been in the past, the club is in a very good healthy position unlike many others.
  Since 1969, I asked Darren about Alex Baptiste after the meeting, and he will not be match fit until after Christmas, but the club have a duty of care for the players rehabilitation, and insurance is involved, but the club are duty bound and want to do their best for the player.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:05:11 pm by selby »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on September 05, 2019, 10:06:20 pm by Campsall rover »
Any news on the Bolton fiasco from tonights meeting?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 05, 2019, 10:13:35 pm by selby »
  Paul, the Rovers have put a strong case to the EFL, stating our view on the matter, and are still waiting for the EFL to make a decision which they expect very shortly.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 05, 2019, 10:31:58 pm by Campsall rover »
  Paul, the Rovers have put a strong case to the EFL, stating our view on the matter, and are still waiting for the EFL to make a decision which they expect very shortly.
Well very shortly is taking a very long time.

They know someone is going to be unhappy whatever their decision.
22 whinging chairman v Rovers. They will be cowards i suspect and take the option that will give them the least hassle. The correct procedure and the only credible one will be binned.
Total disgrace and it will mean the whole league competition is a shambles. Clubs from now on can do what they want when they want with a V sign to all and sundry.
It’s a joke. And it’s not even remotely funny.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on September 05, 2019, 10:35:06 pm by Al4475 »
So did all the folks with axes to grind, zero belief in the club, a really poor opinion of the board, a big concern about lack of funds being ploughed in and a general apathy with serious concerns about the longevity of the club/hatred of all things DRFC turn up tonight and shout their questions out?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 05, 2019, 10:38:16 pm by selby »
  Paul, that may be, but until we actually know what use is it jumping to conclusions.
     As a precedent was made last season, with Bolton and Brentford, any different conclusion could even end up in court, we have just to wait and see.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 05, 2019, 10:43:40 pm by Campsall rover »
  Paul, that may be, but until we actually know what use is it jumping to conclusions.
     As a precedent was made last season, with Bolton and Brentford, any different conclusion could even end up in court, we have just to wait and see.
We will I know. But if the wrong decision is made it should end up in court. For the sake of our national game.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on September 05, 2019, 11:01:35 pm by selby »
 A14475, I don't know I expected since 1969 to ask about Baptiste, but in fairness time ran out on some people asking their questions, so as I posted I asked Darren at the end of the meeting.
   Every question asked of the panel was answered, and Mr Watson and Darren were quite willing to answer questions,  as were everyone at the top table if approached after the main meeting was ended.
   They cannot be faulted, they have always been as open as is possible in their situation, and freely give their responses and time to anyone who approaches them.
   If that doesn't satisfy some people, what can anyone do more? as a club we want to think ourselves lucky we have the board and management we do.
   A lot of so called bigger clubs, and quite a few below us would be more than happy to be in the position The Rovers are in financially.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on September 05, 2019, 11:14:44 pm by Alickismyhero »
Well said Selby

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on September 05, 2019, 11:39:19 pm by scawsby steve »
I loved the atmosphere in there tonight. Not only did it feel like a happy club, it felt like a club that knows exactly what it's doing.

The best laugh of the night was when DM was asked what made him come back to Rovers; the reply "because I was out of work". However, he then went on to say what a great club we are off the field and in the community, and how that influenced him to come back here.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 05, 2019, 11:47:03 pm by Campsall rover »
Well said Selby
It’s a pity some people still can’t see how lucky we are.

How many clubs are better run than ours? Not talking about the Premier league as they are awash Sky TV money and multi billionaire owners. They are on a different planet.

If any one knows which ones outside the premier league are better run than DRFC then please name them.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 06, 2019, 12:02:52 am by NewDonny »

You must be very new.

Let's not get into names eh dickos!

I agree you said it was a poor result but you didn't stop at that did you, citing failings and poor performances all over the pitch, that we created nothing, had no shots on goal, I could go on and yes I categorically disagreed with you and would not accept that. That same group of players have gone on to win every game since playing some excellent entertaining football.

Admit it, you were wrong!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 01:08:26 am by NewDonny »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 06, 2019, 12:40:30 am by RoversAlias »
Thanks for the info from the event tonight Selby. All sounding positive to me and I wish I could have been there.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 06, 2019, 04:29:18 am by roversdude »
Selby thanks for the updates - we really are fortunate to have such a relationship with our board, it’s amazing where all the keyboard warriors disappear when these events are held

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on September 06, 2019, 08:34:20 am by dickos1 »

You must be very new.

Let's not get into names eh dickos!

I agree you said it was a poor result but you didn't stop at that did you, citing failings and poor performances all over the pitch, that we created nothing, had no shots on goal, I could go on and yes I categorically disagreed with you and would not accept that. That same group of players have gone on to win every game since playing some excellent entertaining football.

Admit it, you were wrong!

No,
I never said anything about having no shots, or creating no chances.
I’m pretty sure others did but it certainly wasn’t me.
All I said was it was a poor result, which is pretty evident.
I said nothing about the performance as I was in Majorca

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on September 06, 2019, 08:46:17 am by drfchound »
Well very shortly is taking a very long time.

They know someone is going to be unhappy whatever their decision.
22 whinging chairman v Rovers. They will be cowards i suspect and take the option that will give them the least hassle. The correct procedure and the only credible one will be binned.
Total disgrace and it will mean the whole league competition is a shambles. Clubs from now on can do what they want when they want with a V sign to all and sundry.
It’s a joke. And it’s not even remotely funny.

To be fair mate, we don’t know that 22 Chairmen will be whingeing.

The reports said that Lincoln and some others will object to us getting the points.

Have any other clubs actually gone public on whether they will object?
Genuine question as I don’t recall seeing any do so.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on September 06, 2019, 09:22:51 am by IDM »
It doesn’t matter one bit what any other chairmen think.. it was DRFC who were wronged.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on September 06, 2019, 09:30:20 am by the vicar »
A question last night seemed a bit silly but to me turnined out to be a good one about the floodlights bulbs, BUT the answer to it to me shows ther is penny pinching going on at the club

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on September 06, 2019, 09:32:15 am by IDM »
Not penny pinching at all.  Just being sensible..

Do you leave lights on in rooms you are kit using.?  If our floodlights are good enough using less than full capacity, there’s nowt wrong with that..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on September 06, 2019, 09:41:07 am by Chris Black come back »
This is why we shouldn’t be broadcasting these sessions.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on September 06, 2019, 09:47:01 am by selby »
  IDM, in the game the other night I must admit when attacking the North end, the corner with the west stand was poorly lit whatever was said last night. myself and my friend at the game commented on it.
   I thought it was a poor response to a valid question, if we have the facilities to be better then why not? and to say it is hard work to get up there and replace bulbs is a joke, although electricians are not noted for throwing themselves about I suppose.
   It gives people an opportunity to accuse the club of penny pinching, which has really happened, and should not have, and was rightly brought up for the clubs attention.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012