Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:15:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mallik willks  (Read 8162 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Mallik willks
« on September 11, 2019, 08:45:30 pm by the vicar »
Not good at barnsley I have mates that are barnsley fans and they say he started off brilliant but after the first 2/3 games he is rubbish

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Re: Mallik willks
« Reply #1 on September 11, 2019, 09:14:23 pm by Michael Shaw »
Maybe it takes a "McCann" to get the best out of him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 11, 2019, 09:18:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He struggled against the better full backs in league one so it's no surprise to me that he'd struggle in the Championship against even better full backs every week.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 11, 2019, 09:34:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Not good at barnsley I have mates that are barnsley fans and they say he started off brilliant but after the first 2/3 games he is rubbish
"caveat emptor "  Barnsley think they have a monopoly on young talent  if their cards fall badly he even could "go to jail and not collect £200"

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 11, 2019, 09:36:41 pm by NickDRFC »

Far too early to be making judgements - if they’re writing him off after half a dozen games where the whole team has been misfiring then more fool them. Plus if he was brilliant for 3 and rubbish ever since then he’s still been brilliant for half of their games!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 11, 2019, 09:48:28 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
20/21 years old. He'll come good. I remember half of our fan base still slagging him off throughout the season. He'll come good.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2019, 06:56:08 am by Northants Nomad »
To be honest, it's probably taken him 3 games to take in the full 'magnificence' of the club that is 'Barnsley'. Now he has, the poor lad is probably thinking "WTF have I done??!?!"...we'd all have a dip in form at that point as despair sets in.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2019, 06:57:14 am by Chris Black come back »
Clowns.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2019, 07:33:30 am by ctay »
But that is what you get with the lad at times, great one match below average the next. The one thing that wont help him is playing then dropped, playing , dropped etc. We saw last year the benefits of sticking with the lad.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2019, 07:41:01 am by Alan Southstand »
He could always come back to us to get his mojo back!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2019, 08:36:59 am by the vicar »
Not till January he can't

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 12, 2019, 09:05:04 am by Michael Shaw »
We ourselves strive to get into the Championship like Barnsley have done, but there is a massive difference in standard between League One and the Championship and players who can take League One by storm as Barnsley did last season cannot always cut it in the league above.

He did us well and I think we should appreciate that. I hope he gets his mojo back as long as he is not competing with us.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 12, 2019, 09:39:02 am by Wiltshire Exile »
We ourselves strive to get into the Championship like Barnsley have done, but there is a massive difference in standard between League One and the Championship and players who can take League One by storm as Barnsley did last season cannot always cut it in the league above.

He did us well and I think we should appreciate that. I hope he gets his mojo back as long as he is not competing with us.

Competing against us more like!  :)I
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 12:55:29 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 12, 2019, 10:02:50 am by 5 on Tour »
Let them ditch him. We’ll take him off there hands in January. 😁

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 12, 2019, 10:16:53 am by donnievic »
we wouldn’t pay that much money for him anyway

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 12, 2019, 11:06:38 am by 5minstogo »
we wouldn’t pay that much money for him anyway

Surely we could accommodate a loan deal......

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 12, 2019, 12:07:23 pm by mjg »
Bone idle

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 12, 2019, 02:20:52 pm by Paul Simpson »
Wilks was great for our team last season but it took him a while to get going. I think people forget he’s still a young lad learning his game and it’s a huge step up from league 1. I’m sure he’ll do a good job for them if they give Malik a chance but some people don’t have any patience and are quick to criticise a player imo . Good luck to the lad I say !! 😀⚽️

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 12, 2019, 04:26:40 pm by GazLaz »
Wilks was great for our team last season but it took him a while to get going. I think people forget he’s still a young lad learning his game and it’s a huge step up from league 1. I’m sure he’ll do a good job for them if they give Malik a chance but some people don’t have any patience and are quick to criticise a player imo . Good luck to the lad I say !! 😀⚽️

He scored in his first three games!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 12, 2019, 04:39:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
He is a top player. If his court case gets sorted out in his favour I imagine he will go to even greater heights. Must be a constant weight on his mind.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 12, 2019, 06:29:55 pm by RedRover »
Yet another player hugely overrated by what appears to be a large proportion of our support although I'm not surprised really as he did run around occasionally and fluked the odd goal which makes him MOM material in most's eyes. The lad won't make 150 football league appearances! I was going to say 100 but he made a bit of a name for himself last year with us that should see at least a further 2 clubs prepared to take a punt on him after he leaves Barnsley.

Robbo

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 12, 2019, 06:39:47 pm by Robbo »
Well RR I for one enjoyed watching him play for us. He had a few off games but to say ‘hugely overrated ‘ is somewhat harsh.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 12, 2019, 06:49:46 pm by bpoolrover »
He did very well for us I don’t see how anyone can question that, he was hit and miss at times and very frustrating and can imagine him struggling against better players saying that I would have him Back with us straight away

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 12, 2019, 06:55:44 pm by scawsby steve »
Yet another player hugely overrated by what appears to be a large proportion of our support although I'm not surprised really as he did run around occasionally and fluked the odd goal which makes him MOM material in most's eyes. The lad won't make 150 football league appearances! I was going to say 100 but he made a bit of a name for himself last year with us that should see at least a further 2 clubs prepared to take a punt on him after he leaves Barnsley.

Yeah, that sledgehammer left foot of his certainly "fluked" the odd goal.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 12, 2019, 08:30:14 pm by drfchound »
I am struggling to think of any of his 15 goals that were flukes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 12, 2019, 09:15:09 pm by Campsall rover »
Fluked the odd goal. Are you serious with that remark?
Come on, were you watching any games last season?
He terrorised many defences, they couldn’t stop him without fouling him.
Bet you would love to have a go at marking him.

Good luck.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 12, 2019, 09:49:46 pm by the vicar »
Maybe he only went to the games that he had off days, but it is his view personally I loved watching him play as he entertained and it was a sad day when he went Bach and sugned for the Dingles

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 12, 2019, 09:52:39 pm by RedJ »
Maybe he only went to the games that he had off days, but it is his view personally I loved watching him play as he entertained and it was a sad day when he went Bach and sugned for the Dingles

Mozart is only appreciated truly when the artist is gone.

:coat:

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 12, 2019, 10:04:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Knowing the Dingles track record they'll probably put him on the Liszt.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 12, 2019, 10:11:27 pm by Campsall rover »

Mozart is only appreciated truly when the artist is gone.

:coat:
Always new those dingles were the enemy. They are Germans are they. Wish someone had told me.
Traitor Wilks. That’s treason and a court martial. ( forget the court case )

I am kidding just in case someone goes all politically correct on me.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 10:25:19 pm by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012