Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:26:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: If we are made to play Bolton Away  (Read 2720 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
If we are made to play Bolton Away
« on September 12, 2019, 06:22:21 pm by deebee »
How does everyone feel about us fans boycotting the game so as not to put any of our money in their pockets? Or turn up to the ground and peacefully protest outside. 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: If we are made to play Bolton Away
« Reply #1 on September 12, 2019, 06:27:13 pm by eastender »
It depends under what circumstances we are made to play .

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2019, 06:37:37 pm by jackthelad »
If I am able to attend I would do just to support the team.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2019, 06:47:50 pm by bpoolrover »
Can’t see what good it would do they have new owners so doubt the little money they would lose will make a difference, Bolton are not the ones who will be in the wrong it will be the efl
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:32:00 pm by bpoolrover »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2019, 06:48:28 pm by scawsby steve »
How does everyone feel about us fans boycotting the game so as not to put any of our money in their pockets? Or turn up to the ground and peacefully protest outside.

I said a few weeks ago Deebee that it all depends when we have to play them. If it's before January, I'm confident that we can go there and beat them; our team's much better than their's, and I'd love us all to be there just to rub it in.

However, if it's after January, and they sign the kind of players I think they will, a boycott might be a good idea.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 12, 2019, 07:02:30 pm by RedJ »
Can’t see what good it would do they have new owners so doubt the little money they would lose will make a difference, Bolton are not the ones who will be in the wrong it would be the efl so should we boycott all matches?

What a ridiculous comment. Only one club has decided to unilaterally cancel a match, not all the others.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2019, 07:10:05 pm by bpoolrover »
Not at all Bolton cancelled the match which of course is wrong but it’s down to the efl to dish out the punishment, if we don’t get the 3 points it’s not down to Bolton it’s down to the efl
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:16:22 pm by bpoolrover »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2019, 07:26:28 pm by RedJ »
Still unsure as to how you take from that "should we boycott all matches".

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2019, 07:28:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Exactly. Given all the stuff thrown at them recently with the Bury situation, I doubt this will have any impact at all.

Anyway, all ifs.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2019, 07:30:55 pm by bpoolrover »
I don’t think we should boycott any matches red my point is if we have to play Bolton then it’s down to the efl not Bolton

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2019, 07:32:17 pm by bpoolrover »
Have changed it now for you red x

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 12, 2019, 07:34:28 pm by RedJ »
I don’t think we should boycott any matches red my point is if we have to play Bolton then it’s down to the efl not Bolton

Ah, so the club who decided to cancel the game in the first place have no blame in this matter. Gotcha.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 12, 2019, 07:36:25 pm by bpoolrover »
If you read my comment I said Bolton cancelled the game which of is course wrong

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 12, 2019, 07:44:42 pm by RedJ »
But you also seem to be suggesting that none of this is down to them.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 12, 2019, 07:46:21 pm by bpoolrover »
No I don’t I’m suggesting that they have done wrong but ultimately it’s down to the efl only to punish them nothing more and if you were to boycott anyone it should be the efl as they will set the punishment not Bolton

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 12, 2019, 07:51:01 pm by IDM »
No I don’t I’m suggesting that they have done wrong but ultimately it’s down to the efl only to punish them nothing more and if you were to boycott anyone it should be the efl as they will set the punishment not Bolton

But there wouldn’t have been an issue in the first place had Bolton not cancelled..

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 12, 2019, 07:55:24 pm by bpoolrover »
Yes of course, but there wouldn’t have been a issue either if the efl had suspended them like bury or if the efl do what they should and give 3 points, do you think fans boycotting the match will be of any advantage to rovers? Or much of a issue to Bolton?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 12, 2019, 07:58:10 pm by RedJ »

But there wouldn’t have been an issue in the first place had Bolton not cancelled..

This is my point.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 12, 2019, 08:00:16 pm by IDM »
Therefore the issue is with Bolton primarily.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 12, 2019, 08:01:28 pm by bpoolrover »
And of course that point is right red they should not have but now it’s up to the efl to do the right thing, will you be boycotting red if we have to play?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 12, 2019, 08:02:05 pm by bpoolrover »
Therefore the issue is with Bolton primarily.
it’s not with Bolton now thou is it?  The issue is with the efl, and primarily it was with the efl as they should not have let them start the season, we can keep going round in circles anyway but not worth it have a good evening

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 12, 2019, 08:40:08 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s both the EFL & Bolton who will be and are at fault.  :that:

It was presumably the administrators who cancelled the match.
If it was Parkinson and his coach, well they have now gone.
Can’t blame Hill and Flitcroft as they were not involved.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 12, 2019, 09:54:54 pm by the vicar »
Can’t see what good it would do they have new owners so doubt the little money they would lose will make a difference, Bolton are not the ones who will be in the wrong it will be the efl
it was not the EFL that cancelled the game it was Bolton, but if we don't get the points then it will implicate the EFL as they will be dancing to Bolton tunes

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 13, 2019, 07:31:33 am by glosterred »
If we are made to play the game, we should put it out on social media the day before the game we are concerned about player welfare and cancel the game. Let’s see what the EFL do then. Failing that I’m boycotting the game if we do play it!

COYR

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 13, 2019, 07:51:06 am by selby »
  I wish people would stop saying the fixture was cancelled, it was not, Bolton did not inform The Rovers or the EFl who both found out on social media.
  They failed to fulfil  a fixture because they admitted to being unable to field a team.
  In my local junior league, the points are automatically awarded to the opposing side 3-0, and if 14 days notice is not given a financial penalty is also imposed on the offending club if the same problem arises.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 13, 2019, 08:10:44 am by IDM »
It doesn’t matter what word is used.  Bolton forfeit the game.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 13, 2019, 08:21:26 am by Metalmicky »
I wish people would stop saying the fixture was cancelled

But the administrator did  Cancel/ Postpone/ Call off the fixture...... not sure it matters how you dress it up.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 13, 2019, 09:16:41 am by Campsall rover »
  I wish people would stop saying the fixture was cancelled, it was not, Bolton did not inform The Rovers or the EFl who both found out on social media.
  They failed to fulfil  a fixture because they admitted to being unable to field a team.
  In my local junior league, the points are automatically awarded to the opposing side 3-0, and if 14 days notice is not given a financial penalty is also imposed on the offending club if the same problem arises.
In effect it was though Brian. Don’t remember it getting postponed. They never asked. As you say in junior football 3 points awarded to the opposition and the game not played later.
In my eyes that’s Cancelled.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 13, 2019, 02:27:33 pm by selby »
  Up until 24 hrs before the kick off time, the Rovers were still saying they were going to travel to Bolton as no official notification had been received  from the EFL or the referee. The game did not take place because Bolton could not raise a team to fulfil the fixture on the following day.
  That is the stance the club, and the EFL want to take with Bolton Wanderers and throw the book at them, both by deducting points, and fining them heavily.
  After all they have got £40 million to play with.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 13, 2019, 03:38:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Strictly speaking, the EFL has to authorise any cancellation/postponement, those words are up to the EFL to place on the fixture, and they haven't. Postponed implies the game has or will have a new date. Cancelled implies it isn't happening at all.

The decision is up to clubs to request the EFL to make, and at worst agree with the club they are playing, most definately not unilaterally decide for themselves. As it stands, the fixture is "unfulfilled by Bolton".

TinyPortal © 2005-2012