Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:42:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: How did we cope without them????  (Read 994 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
How did we cope without them????
« on September 25, 2019, 02:47:10 pm by wing commander »
     Yesterday we had a flurry of selfies from both sides of the house posted on social media from Mp's sat in the chamber saying they are ready to come back to work etc etc..

So today i have taken interest in watching the session in parliament and what a absolute shambles and that's from both sides of the house.They have achieved absolutely nothing just a few hours of insults,cheap political self serving digs at each other..At 11.30 the Chamber was packed,every seat taken,standing room only crammed into every nook and cranny..

Roll on a couple of hours and the place is a third full as they all saunter off to the many subsidised bars and restaurants leaving a few to squabble between themselves..

Just how did we manage without them???????

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: How did we cope without them????
« Reply #1 on September 25, 2019, 02:51:47 pm by IDM »
We have had “them” for centuries..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 25, 2019, 02:52:57 pm by drfchound »
Apparently since 1215.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 25, 2019, 02:54:53 pm by Metalmicky »
Isn't it 'Happy Hour' from 2 - 6 pm.  IMO they should shut all the bars in the place - I'm guessing most of us don't have a subsidised bar at our place of work....

TBF - they have had to drag their arses down to London to make sure they are seen and claim their expenses. 

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 25, 2019, 04:13:02 pm by Nudga »
Surely there is a better way for democracy?
I find it sickening that these Kitsons treat parliament like the theatre. It's worse than a punch and Judy show nowadays.
Surely they are losing any respect they might have had, especially with the younger generation.

I am sick to the back teeth of these w**kers "running/ruining" our country and just generally taking the piss.
Enough is enough, how can the people stop these scroungers?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 25, 2019, 04:20:57 pm by Axholme Lion »
I find it sickening that these Kitsons treat parliament like the theatre. It's worse than a punch and Judy show nowadays.
Surely they are losing any respect they might have had, especially with the younger generation.

I am sick to the back teeth of these w**kers "running/ruining" our country and just generally taking the piss.

At the next GE I would like to see everyone bin off the three established parties. It would be nice but it won't happen.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 25, 2019, 04:34:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The chambers are only the most visible part of what happens in Parliament. The most important stuff happens in the Select Committees.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 25, 2019, 04:37:32 pm by drfchound »

Nudga, totally agree.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 25, 2019, 05:22:00 pm by Donnywolf »

Nudga, totally agree.

.... but the only way to make them truly less self serving is to bring in PR of some sort

Make Votes Matter will put this more elequently than I ever would and more understandable as well

Follow them on Twitter and / or read the Website and see why we SHOULD make the switch

https://www.makevotesmatter.org.uk/home

TinyPortal © 2005-2012