Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:59:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who was your man of the match v Blackpool?

Lawlor
0 (0%)
Halliday
18 (20.2%)
Anderson
22 (24.7%)
John
1 (1.1%)
James
4 (4.5%)
Whiteman
5 (5.6%)
Sheaf
17 (19.1%)
Taylor
9 (10.1%)
Sadlier
2 (2.2%)
Blair
1 (1.1%)
Ennis
3 (3.4%)
May
0 (0%)
Coppinger
7 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 89

Voting closed: September 20, 2019, 09:40:00 pm

Author Topic: Blackpool MOM  (Read 4640 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Blackpool MOM
« on September 17, 2019, 09:40:00 pm by bobjimwilly »
Voting closes on Friday

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Reesielad

• Forum Member
Re: Blackpool MOM
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2019, 09:50:09 pm by Reesielad »
Hard to pick tonight. Anderson, has to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2019, 10:16:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Sheafy

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2019, 10:20:15 pm by sha66y »
Sheaf just edged Anderson....

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2019, 10:21:10 pm by tommy toes »
Sheaf for me too. He gave the ball away fewer times than the rest!

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2019, 10:45:40 pm by 5 on Tour »
I must have gone to a different match tonight. Sheaf was awful. Absolutely awful. His decision making is shocking.

Taylor MOM for me. Ran his socks off as usual and seemed to be the one attacking outlet who thought shooting was a good idea!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2019, 10:47:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I must have gone to a different match tonight. Sheaf was awful. Absolutely awful. His decision making is shocking.

I'm with Tommy Toes, he was one of the only players who actually kept hold of the ball and not give it directly to the opposition. I've seen some people say Halliday was their MOTM and others that he was awful, I guess today was a game where everyone saw it different.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2019, 10:49:22 pm by jackthelad »
Coppinger for me. Changed the game when he came on, as he has done so many times over the years.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 17, 2019, 10:55:27 pm by RoversAlias »
Sheaf struggled against a very good Blackpool midfield. Surprised so many have said him.

I've taken some flack for giving it to Halliday on Twitter. But he has my vote. Solid at the back, Husband had no joy down that side. Most of Blackpool's attacks went down James' side including the move for the winner. He was involved in a lot of good link up play in attack too, got into some great positions and set up a couple of good chances.

Nobody was brilliant tonight but a few did well. Taylor was probably our best player in the first half but he didn't have as much influence after half time. Ennis worked well and had some good chances too but had a tough time up against a big defensive unit.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 17, 2019, 11:28:55 pm by Spud »
Hard to call anyone man of the match, one of those nights where everyone did a few good things & a few bad things.
Taylor & Ennis for their work rate perhaps, same with John. Copps was probably our most efficient player.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2019, 12:08:25 am by bpoolrover »
I personally can’t see how anyone in a attacking position could get mom as we did nothing hardly to trouble the keeper

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2019, 06:10:54 am by roversdude »
Seriously their keeper made some cracking saves including the one he got a goal kick for
Ennis has one cleared off the line (think the ref should have brought that back for a pen)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2019, 08:39:52 am by the vicar »
The pole is something I can't take part in after this game, as I am struggling to give the MOM to anyone as to me it was a terrible game by us, especially first 65 minutes

Cbrover24

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 20, 2019, 01:41:08 am by Cbrover24 »
Halliday for me, thought he played well, he was a constant threat going forward! The amount of stick he seems to be getting on here is unreal! Ffs we are not Man City, even they lost last weekend when expected to steam roll Norwich City!! It happens, teams lose, so f**k! 1 loss in 7 is pretty good in my opinion! I’d take that over the course of a season, meaning just over 6 losses for the season?? I’d take that no problem! Just remember we are a working progress this season, plus if we win our game in hand, we’re up to 4th, so all this doom n gloom after our first loss just pisses me off! I mean it’s not as if we played poorly! Granted, we maybe never played as well as we have in other games this season, but Blackpool came and did an effective job on us, give them some credit! We move on to the next game, another tough game granted, but a win or a point and I’ll take it! Most of the teams we have played this season are expected to be in the top half or top 6 come the end of the season, and we have not done bad! I expect us to finish in the top 6 come the end of the season, if not, just outside, but for people already slagging players off after our first defeat is just beyond me! We are a good team, we play good attacking football on the deck! Some people need to take a reality check and realise we are no Real Madrid or Man City, (and even they lose from time to time) it’s not the end of the world and let’s just get behind the lads in each and every game and let’s see where it takes us come the end of the season! RTID! #end of rant! 

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 20, 2019, 03:36:12 am by karldew »
Cbrover, that’s more or less my view in the ‘reality check’ thread.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 20, 2019, 09:18:30 am by Campsall rover »
Halliday for me, thought he played well, he was a constant threat going forward! The amount of stick he seems to be getting on here is unreal! Ffs we are not Man City, even they lost last weekend when expected to steam roll Norwich City!! It happens, teams lose, so f**k! 1 loss in 7 is pretty good in my opinion! I’d take that over the course of a season, meaning just over 6 losses for the season?? I’d take that no problem! Just remember we are a working progress this season, plus if we win our game in hand, we’re up to 4th, so all this doom n gloom after our first loss just pisses me off! I mean it’s not as if we played poorly! Granted, we maybe never played as well as we have in other games this season, but Blackpool came and did an effective job on us, give them some credit! We move on to the next game, another tough game granted, but a win or a point and I’ll take it! Most of the teams we have played this season are expected to be in the top half or top 6 come the end of the season, and we have not done bad! I expect us to finish in the top 6 come the end of the season, if not, just outside, but for people already slagging players off after our first defeat is just beyond me! We are a good team, we play good attacking football on the deck! Some people need to take a reality check and realise we are no Real Madrid or Man City, (and even they lose from time to time) it’s not the end of the world and let’s just get behind the lads in each and every game and let’s see where it takes us come the end of the season! RTID! #end of rant!
Great post. It just shows how well we have played this season when that performance which was not as fluent as previous ones gets slated. We were still the better team on the night with the best chances created ( except for the Lawlor gift with that pass ) 
We have set very high standards so far and teams are not going to come to the Keepmoat and lie down and die are they. They are going to do everything to try and stop us playing our game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012