Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:08:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brad Halliday  (Read 13336 times)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: Brad Halliday
« Reply #30 on September 20, 2019, 09:18:53 am by DaveDRFC »
He's better than Mason, therefore an improvement on last season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 20, 2019, 12:56:57 pm by jackthelad »
I don't like criticising individual players but Halliday just is not good enough. Piss poor tonight and he has been pretty much all season whenever I've watched him.

He's not terrible when going forward but defensively he is horrific. When on the front foot he looks okay, definetly need to be playing somebody else at RB. Maybe the new lad Daniels or even Blair?
Getting quite a lot of votes in Tuesdays Mom poll, different perceptions of the same player?

Completely,happy to respect anybody else's opinion. I just don't think he is anywhere near good enough or anywhere as good as Mason.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 20, 2019, 01:20:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Halliday is improving all the time just as Mason did. Don't forget, Mason started in midfield with limited success before being pressed into action at left back, when people were saying, he's no left back even though he was doing a job. Then when asked to play right back, he adapted to that too and was improving defensively and attacking wise.

If you want to compare Mason after over a season or more and Halliday after 7 games then fair enough but I've seen a better improvement from Halliday over those 7 games to believe he will be as good if not better than Mason.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on September 20, 2019, 02:20:17 pm by pib »
I don't like criticising individual players but Halliday just is not good enough. Piss poor tonight and he has been pretty much all season whenever I've watched him.

He's not terrible when going forward but defensively he is horrific. When on the front foot he looks okay, definetly need to be playing somebody else at RB. Maybe the new lad Daniels or even Blair?
Getting quite a lot of votes in Tuesdays Mom poll, different perceptions of the same player?

Completely,happy to respect anybody else's opinion. I just don't think he is anywhere near good enough or anywhere as good as Mason.

The fella has played about 8 games for us - don't you think it's a bit early to be saying he isn't anywhere near good enough?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 20, 2019, 03:02:29 pm by scawsby steve »

Well, we're certainly going to have an idea about that tomorrow. I sincerely hope you're right mate.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 20, 2019, 06:14:32 pm by Paul Simpson »
Give the lad a chance! He’s playing a league  above and needs time to improve imo. Maybe if people get behind the lads instead of criticising at every opportunity they may come good?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 21, 2019, 10:24:58 am by jackthelad »

The fella has played about 8 games for us - don't you think it's a bit early to be saying he isn't anywhere near good enough?

It's early days granted but in my opinion he has been one of ,if not the poorest performer in the team.He may well come good and prove me and others wrong but at the moment I cannot see it. I really hope he does!

People talk like it's not fair to have a opinion on a player though because he's not played for us loads of times!! The same people will be the ones chucking praise on John,Sheaf etc who've also only played a handful of games.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 21, 2019, 10:35:11 am by Campsall rover »

It's early days granted but in my opinion he has been one of ,if not the poorest performer in the team.He may well come good and prove me and others wrong but at the moment I cannot see it. I really hope he does!

People talk like it's not fair to have a opinion on a player though because he's not played for us loads of times!! The same people will be the ones chucking praise on John,Sheaf etc who've also only played a handful of games.
Strange though isn’t it that a large percentage of people on here gave him man of the match on Tues.
Suggests to me you may be in a large minority.
Although of course you are entitled to your opinion. No one is saying your not are they.
It’s all about opinions. That’s what this forum is for.
What some of us are saying is people need to get off his back.
J O’connor wasn’t great in his first few games for us as a 22 year old. Look how he turned out.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 10:37:17 am by Campsall rover »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 21, 2019, 10:40:06 am by pib »

I’m not saying you can’t have an opinion on a player, I was just asking whether you might reflect and think that it’s a bit early to be writing the guy off completely.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 21, 2019, 10:49:31 am by IDM »
Lewis Guy, Gary Woods, Sam Hird(og), Curtis Main etc..  there always has to be someone to single out.  Critiquing players is all well and good, especially after each performance and maybe, once the season is well under way.

But this is the middle of September.. Halliday may not yet be as good as we would like him to be, but he has played well in patches and contributed to the team so far.

Let’s see how he develops a bit longer perhaps.?

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 21, 2019, 11:30:44 am by pib »
Lewis Guy, Gary Woods, Sam Hird(og), Curtis Main etc..  there always has to be someone to single out.  Critiquing players is all well and good, especially after each performance and maybe, once the season is well under way.

But this is the middle of September.. Halliday may not yet be as good as we would like him to be, but he has played well in patches and contributed to the team so far.

Let’s see how he develops a bit longer perhaps.?

Gary Woods was rubbish to be fair.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 21, 2019, 11:32:05 am by RedJ »
Curtis Main was an absolute turd as well. Clearly had ability but everyone could see he just couldn't be arsed.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 21, 2019, 01:02:12 pm by drfchound »

Strange though isn’t it that a large percentage of people on here gave him man of the match on Tues.
Although of course you are entitled to your opinion. No one is saying your not are they.
J O’connor wasn’t great in his first few games for us as a 22 year old. Look how he turned out.

Campsall, I agree with your position on this ......but........can there be such a thing as a large minority?
Surely not.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 21, 2019, 04:31:59 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
Yeah trash this lad ain't he? Even for that second goal where he put his head in where it hurt against 2 Peterborough players, won the ball and claimed the assist. Bloody rubbish 😉

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 21, 2019, 05:14:59 pm by IDM »
Had a good game today..

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 21, 2019, 05:19:12 pm by PDX_Rover »
Very good today. Unlucky not to score.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 21, 2019, 05:19:19 pm by john_donc857 »
He’s had some unfair criticism in my opinion. Good player and part of a defence that as only conceded 3 goals in their last 5 league games

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 21, 2019, 05:27:12 pm by goalkick »
Excellent game today,credit where it's due.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 21, 2019, 05:32:47 pm by DaveDRFC »

Well, we're certainly going to have an idea about that tomorrow. I sincerely hope you're right mate.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Well, Halliday was very good and Mason was awful. So on today at least, Rovers got the best deal.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 21, 2019, 06:05:25 pm by jackthelad »
Didn't go today so can't comment on his performance or anybody else's but glad to hear he played well according to those who did go.

I really do hope he proves me wrong, he wouldn't be the first player to do that. I didnt rate George Friend when he first came.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on September 21, 2019, 06:06:51 pm by drfchound »
Superb today and getting better by the week.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on September 21, 2019, 06:12:07 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall, I agree with your position on this ......but........can there be such a thing as a large minority?
Surely not.
I was just testing you hound to see if you would notice.  :facepalm: Well spotted.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on September 21, 2019, 06:14:49 pm by drfchound »
Campsall, LoL mate.

South East Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on September 21, 2019, 06:15:34 pm by South East Rover »
Didn't go today so can't comment on his performance or anybody else's but glad to hear he played well according to those who did go.

I really do hope he proves me wrong, he wouldn't be the first player to do that. I didnt rate George Friend when he first came.

So at last you admit to not being a very good judge of a  player then. :woohoo:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 09:42:03 pm by South East Rover »

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on September 21, 2019, 06:20:59 pm by jackthelad »

So at last you admit to not being a very good of a player then. :woohoo:

Everybody has different opinions, that's what makes football wonderful and life overall.

I even know somebody who doesn't rate Coppinger and never has.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on September 21, 2019, 07:55:39 pm by RoversAlias »
Halliday played really well today, contributes more to attacks than his predecessor at right back - who by the way was given a torrid time by our wingers today - and his positioning and conviction in defence is improving with every game.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on September 21, 2019, 08:09:03 pm by RedJ »
As usual the loudmouth bellend I stand near gave Halliday both barrels for most of the first half before he f**ked off for his skinful. Personally I think he's improving game on game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on September 21, 2019, 08:11:58 pm by IDM »
In our last two victories - today and Rotherham - Halliday has been very good and has been a vital part of the team..

We have 15 points from 7 games and 4 wins.. now isn’t the time to be over critical of any player..

Cbrover24

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on September 21, 2019, 08:26:11 pm by Cbrover24 »
I’m sure I have read somewhere we have the 2nd best defence in the league so far games to date! Now surely to me, Halliday has been apart of that from day dot! Halliday may not be the best defender in the league, but as a unit u can not fault the effort, grit and determination of our back 4, and to me, they are proving there worth! At least we are not shipping 3-4-5 goals a game! Give the lad a brake ffs, he wears the red n white hoops, so while he does, he will get my backing each and every time, just like he should from every single person that follows/supports the team!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on September 21, 2019, 08:41:09 pm by drfchound »
He showed today how brave he is, he must have known he was getting clattered when he won that header leading to the second goal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012