Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:08:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton  (Read 13247 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton
« Reply #60 on September 27, 2019, 11:22:00 am by the vicar »
We can carry on playing the victim before the outcome has been discussed or delivered if we want.

Bolton will be sanctioned without doubt. The level of sanction remains to be seen.

What will be subject to scrutiny from our perspective is whether we should be 'compensated' for Bolton disregard for the rules and procedures, given we were inconvenienced and financially penalised for fulfilling the fixture up to 12 noon on the day of the game.

The judgement should also order Bolton to pay compensation to DRFC as a minimum.

We also believe we have a strong case to claim the 3 points and if that is not delivered, I'm confident the club will persue this before agreeing to any re;arranged fixture.
I don't thik our club will challenge it, I think they will take the easy option and play the game, and not want to upset anyone at the top although we have been greatly hurt

It's not a case of upsetting anyone, it's a case of submitting evidence to support our claim.
I still don't think we will challenge it and will reluctantly accept the ruling

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on September 27, 2019, 11:22:09 am by Bezza »
I would imagine a team calling off a game in a local Sunday league would lose the points and get a fine and it wouldn't take months to get a decision,

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 27, 2019, 11:29:04 am by drfchound »
I meant the DFP reported what the club (GB I think) had said, not the reporter’s opinion..

Yeah, I knew that IDM but was sure that one of our posters mentioned it, can’t remember who though.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on September 27, 2019, 12:04:46 pm by IDM »
Might have been me..!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 27, 2019, 12:25:38 pm by RoversAlias »
If a scenario plays out where they dock Bolton another 12 points, don't give us the point and rearrange it for, say, early December, I think we'd look like prats actually challenging it then and asking for 3 points.

Bolton would have been punished heavily and the game would be taking place before the January transfer window. We'd not come across well publicly begging for points instead of just playing the game.

The best scenario, for me, is that it gets rearranged for before Christmas and we beat them soundly.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 27, 2019, 12:30:03 pm by IDM »
Docking Bolton points benefits all other league one clubs.. why should the other 21 clubs benefit when the only club affected by this fixture being defaulted was DRFC?

Maybe Bolton’s punishment should be financial, and the win awarded to us as a forfeit game..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:55:02 pm by IDM »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on September 27, 2019, 12:43:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No doubt the Commission will rule that Bolton are guilty of misconduct, probably on two counts. That will be the ruling.

The Sanctions as a result of the ruling are likely to be, or a combination of:-

1. Points deduction
2. Fine payable to the league
3. Compensation to the other clubs where appropriate
4. An order to play the fixture or forfeit of fixture.

The EFL will then apply the ruling and Sanctions. Bolton can appeal within 14 days.

All the above are listed in the guidelines.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 12:50:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 27, 2019, 02:10:31 pm by dickos1 »
Gavin said at meet the owners they have told the elf they aren’t interested in any discussions regarding a rearranged game
And he said the club are classing the match as one that was forfeited by Bolton

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on September 27, 2019, 03:04:47 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Gavin said at meet the owners they have told the elf they aren’t interested in any discussions regarding a rearranged game
Clear and decisive from Gavin. I can't see the match being played, it's impossible to justify.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on September 27, 2019, 03:35:32 pm by drfchound »

Lee, which elf did they tell mate.   ;)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on September 27, 2019, 03:52:12 pm by scawsby steve »
Clear and decisive from Gavin. I can't see the match being played, it's impossible to justify.

Clear and decisive from Gavin, yes. Unfortunately for us, it's not Gavin's decision that will count.

We'll have to play the game. I'm just being a realist.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on September 27, 2019, 04:01:19 pm by the vicar »
Then you would take it to the highest authority possible

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 27, 2019, 04:02:10 pm by karlos »
Apparently being reported in the sun that a meeting with the efl has taken place and Bolton will be docked 12 points and the game v Doncaster will still have to be played.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 27, 2019, 04:03:46 pm by drfchound »

Hey Dave, I cant see the Supreme Court wanting to take this job on.
It is much bigger than that Parliamentary stuff.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on September 27, 2019, 04:04:53 pm by drfchound »
Apparently being reported in the sun that a meeting with the efl has taken place and Bolton will be docked 12 points and the game v Doncaster will still have to be played.

Wasn't that from yesterday Karlos and discussed on the forum already.
Apologies if it is anew report today.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 27, 2019, 04:12:49 pm by mushRTID »
How can they award Brentford the points but not us? What’s the difference??

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on September 27, 2019, 04:14:19 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
b*llocks to anything The Sun says.

We aren't going to get the points. Let's just play them & put 6 past them.

UTR.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on September 27, 2019, 04:16:00 pm by since-1969 »
so it A) then

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on September 27, 2019, 04:27:11 pm by IDM »
So when has this independent panel sat.?

I won’t believe what the outcome is until it is announced properly.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 27, 2019, 04:33:26 pm by scawsby steve »

I don't think He'll be interested Dave.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on September 27, 2019, 04:53:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well the Vicar should be able to put a word in at least!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 27, 2019, 05:50:19 pm by the vicar »
Lol no but the fa or the courts might be

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on September 27, 2019, 06:07:43 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The Football Association appoint the Disciplinary commission!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 27, 2019, 06:17:26 pm by the vicar »
But probably a different commission

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on September 27, 2019, 06:32:29 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
But probably a different commission

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-8---offences-inquiries-commissions-disputes-and-appeals/

It's all in there Dave. Folk may want to read this as it may clarify a few misunderstandings of how this process works and who is who.
It certainly helped me understand it better!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on September 27, 2019, 07:49:24 pm by the vicar »
I understand it better now mate as it is as clear as mud and its far to deep lol

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on September 27, 2019, 08:13:08 pm by sheffield exile1 »

Exactly. Absolute precedent legally if that occurs-whats to sop us refusing to play MASSIVE  legal implications..

OneandOnly

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on September 28, 2019, 02:26:52 pm by OneandOnly »

2 differences.

1. The EFL cancelled the Brentford game, not the club. They would not allow either the kids to play on teh saturday, or Brentford to play on the first allowable re-arranged day (ie after the season).
2. Brentford were in a league postition where awarding them 3 points made no difference to any other club. They were still guarenteed to finish in the same league position.

If, and its a huge IF, the three points are awarded to yourselves without the game being played, there will be 20 legal complaints from the other clubs (Coventry would certainly be at the head of the list) , who will be punished by the awarding of yourselves the points.
We will be deducted points, the game will be played later, and whe world will continue as always.

The EFL could come out this very badly if the Independant panel (the FA based on remember) say that the EFL should have postponed the game when asked, in accordance with FA rules, and we do not get deducted any poits, and the game is played later.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on September 28, 2019, 05:24:47 pm by 5 on Tour »

2 differences.

1. The EFL cancelled the Brentford game, not the club. They would not allow either the kids to play on teh saturday, or Brentford to play on the first allowable re-arranged day (ie after the season).
2. Brentford were in a league postition where awarding them 3 points made no difference to any other club. They were still guarenteed to finish in the same league position.

If, and its a huge IF, the three points are awarded to yourselves without the game being played, there will be 20 legal complaints from the other clubs (Coventry would certainly be at the head of the list) , who will be punished by the awarding of yourselves the points.
We will be deducted points, the game will be played later, and whe world will continue as always.

The EFL could come out this very badly if the Independant panel (the FA based on remember) say that the EFL should have postponed the game when asked, in accordance with FA rules, and we do not get deducted any poits, and the game is played later.

How could the EFL come out of this badly exactly? You didn’t even ask the EFL to postpone our match. You sent it out on Twitter when you decided you didn’t fancy it. Like you were, in some way, entitled to do what you want regardless of how it might affect another club and it’s fans.

Don’t give us this kids rubbish. If it was valid then you would have asked the EFL and they would have granted it. You didn’t as you knew the answer.

You decided not to play a game with no validation to do so from the league. You forfeit the match. End of.

Not a single argument you can come up with has any credibility. You know why? Because you didn’t speak to the league or our club. Had you done so you might have a point. Instead you keep slinging around on your forum/Twitter/Facebook/Carrier Pidgeon that you’ve done nothing wrong and we should just suck it up. Your lot paying for all the wasted train tickets? Accommodation booked? Of course you aren’t because you only care about yourselves!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on September 28, 2019, 05:38:35 pm by dickos1 »

2 differences.

The game was forfeited.
Not postponed.
Simply forfeited because you couldn’t field a side, your manager had asked if they could sign players and were told yes but he then chose not to.
So you forfeited the game

TinyPortal © 2005-2012