Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:43:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ray Deans & other ex players  (Read 4655 times)

Bollinger

• Forum Member
Re: Ray Deans & other ex players
« Reply #30 on September 28, 2019, 11:04:25 am by Bollinger »
I've taken care of Ian Branfoot via  friend of a friend. As far as I know he was doing some sort of academy work at Southampton.

You do know that first sentence sounds like Branfoot is now lying in a ditch somewhere without kneecaps?

Well...now you point it out...you're not wrong!

To put your mind at rest I gather he is not in a ditch but in good nick, somewhere on the south coast, enjoying time with his grandkids and is still in touch with the likes of Colin Clish, Brian Usher and Stuart Robertson.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 29, 2019, 11:22:34 am by ravenrover »
The problem is hound what percentage of ex players remained in the area after retiring. A lot move back to their original area or nearer to family on finishing. Players also seem to move around a lot more these days than previous eras.
My father in law Colin Clish and his mate Brian Usher still live in Bessacarr, as do Lawrie Sheffield, Paul Raven, John Buckley, Lee Turnbull, Scott Maxfield.
Tell Colin to organise a reunion that day Bessie. Does Colin keep in touch with the likes of Chris Rabjohn, Harold Wilcockson and John Haselden? All good players together at the time.
Not sure he will be coming as he has difficulty walking and standing for a long time because of his bad knees. Not sure if he keeps on touch with any of them but he is still good mates with Usher.
Him and Harold Wilcockson were a great full back pairing.
Tell Colin I still remember him scoring at Peterborough in a 1-0 win as we marched on to the 68/69 title.
Me and my beloved were there that day as well, good times

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 29, 2019, 12:01:34 pm by idler »
I didn't think that you were that old Raven. I was 20 when we played them that day. I only missed about 5 games that season and one of those was the 1-0 league cup defeat at Peterborough the same season.
Happy days indeed.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 29, 2019, 08:26:36 pm by ravenrover »
I would have been 17, the only time I've been to Posh's ground was it called London road then?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 29, 2019, 08:29:42 pm by RedJ »
It still is, it's just got a sponsorship attached now. :silly:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012