Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:40:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bury, buried  (Read 2633 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Bury, buried
« on September 26, 2019, 03:18:24 pm by glosterred »
Will no be admitted to the EFL League 2 next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49841324

COYR

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Bury, buried
« Reply #1 on September 26, 2019, 03:23:28 pm by IDM »
No surprise there.. they were expelled from the EFL itself, weren’t they.?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 26, 2019, 03:56:55 pm by RoversAlias »
L2 clubs were never going to vote to double their own chances of relegation. In a way, a shame, but Bury were kicked out for gross financial mismanagement and the consequences of that are well known. They must now put all their efforts into being admitted into a suitable non-league division.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 26, 2019, 04:01:58 pm by IDM »
It’s up to Bury to apply to a suitable league.

I hope they can recover..

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 26, 2019, 04:14:58 pm by foxbat »
Hopefully can start in Vanarama something and eventually get back into the League

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 26, 2019, 05:37:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Hopefully can start in Vanarama something and eventually get back into the League

I hope I'm totally wrong, but I doubt they'll be allowed into the National Premier League. I think they'll have to start at a much lower level, the way that Accrington and Aldershot did.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 26, 2019, 05:41:30 pm by RedJ »

I hope I'm totally wrong, but I doubt they'll be allowed into the National Premier League. I think they'll have to start at a much lower level, the way that Accrington and Aldershot did.

Not necessarily as they went bust and reformed, if Bury can stay alive perhaps the National League will admit them. If they go under then obviously they'll have to start at the 9th tier.

That's my understanding anyway, I could be wrong.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 26, 2019, 06:12:42 pm by the vicar »
I just hope we was not one of the clubs that voted against them

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 26, 2019, 07:06:57 pm by karlos »
Me too I seriously hope we didn't vote against them. It was not the fans fault that there club was mismanaged and to punish them for me is more than harsh. With the way things are in football this could happen to any club. What should happen is the efl intervene well before it gets to this situation and that means being more involved in a clubs finances.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 26, 2019, 07:12:11 pm by RedJ »
It might not have been the fans' fault but you can't just not punish a club because of the fans. :laugh:

inb4 "how wud u feel if it wer Rovers"

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 26, 2019, 07:13:39 pm by German Rover »

Not necessarily as they went bust and reformed, if Bury can stay alive perhaps the National League will admit them. If they go under then obviously they'll have to start at the 9th tier.

That's my understanding anyway, I could be wrong.

North West Counties league at best I think.  looking back at the clubs who went bust they started back at this level or below. 

I'd be surprised if the club lasted long enough, after all they haven't been sold, steve dale still has the reigns after all.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 26, 2019, 07:24:52 pm by since-1969 »
Will no be admitted to the EFL League 2 next season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49841324

COYR
The out cry about one of the oldest clubs to go from its community because of funding is just not credible. Efl has a duty to maintain the integrity of its office and football as a whole .The  Elf are  guilty of neglect . Neglect of not having provisions in place to protect the Bury’s out their  from bad administration and by not allowing Bury to Pursue all avenues to sustain the business model. They should have just like Bolton been allowed in to commence the season and by doing this showing support . They did nothing but stand by and refused its indifferent owner , who dragged the club down , instead of removing his influence and sequestrate the club into an Efl managed administrator they stood back .  This will happen again until the Efl create a boundary that permits direct influence over the clubs to be put  in an emergency measures .
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:02:36 pm by since-1969 »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 27, 2019, 08:47:23 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm sure there are lessons to be learned in both cases, although we must remember Bury were not in administration. The Bury owner had ample time to take responsibility and take action but chose not to do so until it was too late. He could have sold the club much sooner than he did when backed into a corner.

All if's and buts. Maybe the EFL should have been less tolerant and issued the 14 day notice sooner.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 27, 2019, 10:03:58 am by The Red Baron »
Good summing-up from the Accrington chairman. I don't think he was actually present at the EFL meeting, but he will have been informed by those who were there.

https://twitter.com/AndyhHolt/status/1177467731257331712?s=20

This is the crucial bit- remember, Mr Dale still owns the club.

"Nobody had come to me and said..

...we have a deal for Gigg Lane..

...we have a deal to take Steve Dale out..

...we have the funds to settle all the creditors.."

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 27, 2019, 10:30:22 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
At risk of overdoing this, this is where transparency needs to be addressed. Many clubs are reportedly close to the brink but are the fans and authorities totally kept in the dark about this?

We hear from S_M about further measures to prevent rather than cure that are in the offing.

Some of the structures that support clubs are so complex, that financial forensics are needed to find out sources of funding and debt of course.

News breaking today that Wolves could be facing financial difficulties as a result of the Thomas Cook collapse. Again, not a simple audit trail.

The Arab who's taken over at the Blades who's promising the earth. Where is that funding coming from and how much debt is he going to rack up from high interest loans etc.

Bolton. Out of the frying pan, into the fire. Concerns already expressed about how robust is their business model, having to service interest on loans from which their money men are profiting.

The question is about fans stakeholding and what rights they (we) have to ask those questions and be provided with evidence of accounts etc.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 27, 2019, 04:18:54 pm by drfchound »
more bury news on the BBC Sport website.

They have now asked the FA to intervene to find "a fair solution", citing the fact that they have twice won the FA Cup.....umpteen years ago.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 27, 2019, 05:18:26 pm by 5 on Tour »
While Dale owns the club I can’t see any league anywhere taking them on. The ground overheads, no matter the league, are still more than he can afford. Based on size they will still need stewards, security, vendors and all the utilities. He has no money. Until he is gone Bury are doomed. And how the IVA is going to be paid I have no idea as they have no income.

I feel sorry for the fans, I really do, but the club is currently destined to cease to exist.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 27, 2019, 05:21:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Andy Burnham not getting much support from fans around the country!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 27, 2019, 06:33:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
While Dale owns the club I can’t see any league anywhere taking them on. The ground overheads, no matter the league, are still more than he can afford. Based on size they will still need stewards, security, vendors and all the utilities. He has no money. Until he is gone Bury are doomed. And how the IVA is going to be paid I have no idea as they have no income.

I feel sorry for the fans, I really do, but the club is currently destined to cease to exist.

They couldn't show they have the money to fulfil the fixtures this season, let alone next season. There was absolutely no chance they were going to be allowed back into the EFL after this season's shambles without something at the club changing - and it hasn't.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 27, 2019, 06:35:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
more bury news on the BBC Sport website.

They have now asked the FA to intervene to find "a fair solution", citing the fact that they have twice won the FA Cup.....umpteen years ago.

The EFL has found a fair solution. Fair to every other member club and the rules they have to follow.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012