Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:04:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: England  (Read 4455 times)

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
England
« on October 11, 2019, 08:08:29 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
Anyone watching? Reminds me of the England of old early on, can't defend set plays, no composure on the ball and pretty dull

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: England
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2019, 08:19:37 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Gone backwards since the world cup by the looks of it. Can't believe Rice and Keane are starting again there are better players around.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2019, 08:23:04 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
Can't understand how Kane kept his place. Southgate banged on for months about how you won't keep you spot if you're out of form, Abrahams got more goals this season and in a team higher in the league. So why not start him?

Chris the Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 11, 2019, 08:23:56 pm by Chris the Rover »
It's like watching paint dry!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2019, 08:26:21 pm by Muttley »
Watched 10 minutes, got bored so turned it off.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2019, 08:28:37 pm by ravenrover »
Now watching Gardeners World, sheesh!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 11, 2019, 08:32:49 pm by roversdude »
Keane is not an international player full stop

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 11, 2019, 08:38:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Centre midfield is the main problem we just can't move the ball at all. Think the 3 at the back suits us better to get possession higher up the pitch at the moment we struggle to build anything.

Didn't expect Rice to make the team after the last set of internationals he was poor then

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 11, 2019, 08:42:14 pm by RoversAlias »
Can't understand how Kane kept his place. Southgate banged on for months about how you won't keep you spot if you're out of form, Abrahams got more goals this season and in a team higher in the league. So why not start him?

You can't just pick purely based on form for every position, every game. You have to foster a team with a core of regulars and Kane is absolutely pivotal. Much like when we had Marquis, Kane has to start every game and rightly so. He isn't even in poor form, he's performed perfectly well for Spurs even though the team are struggling.

There are others he's giving chances that maybe don't really deserve to be starting in there, such as Michael Keane, but dropping Harry Kane would be daft.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 11, 2019, 08:46:08 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »

You can't just pick purely based on form for every position, every game. You have to foster a team with a core of regulars and Kane is absolutely pivotal. Much like when we had Marquis, Kane has to start every game and rightly so. He isn't even in poor form, he's performed perfectly well for Spurs even though the team are struggling.

There are others he's giving chances that maybe don't really deserve to be starting in there, such as Michael Keane, but dropping Harry Kane would be daft.

Whilst I agree that you need a core team, I disagree about not dropping Kane, he's looked bang average in this game (although a few have) and he has this season too. Most of those in, are in on merit, however, Keane, Rice and Kane, are three who I wouldn't agree with. Stones when fit is an obvious replacement with Timori coming through as well and Gomez at Liverpool. Winks for Rice is one option in midfield but I struggle to think of anyone else who can play that role. But for me Abraham should have been in on goalscoring form

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 11, 2019, 08:50:47 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Now watching Gardeners World, sheesh!
Yeah Rachel de Thame,

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 11, 2019, 09:00:31 pm by Muttley »

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 11, 2019, 09:01:19 pm by Bezza »
As said previously Rice & Keane not good enough.

DRFC_TID_93

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 11, 2019, 09:08:25 pm by DRFC_TID_93 »
On a night when England can't win, Andorra are winning 😂

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 11, 2019, 09:32:09 pm by the vicar »
To put it in 3 words WE ARE SHIT

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 11, 2019, 09:45:00 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Is John Stones injured?

Madison will make a difference when he plays. I think Grealish is better than Rice.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 11, 2019, 09:48:11 pm by andyst79 »
Centre midfield is the main problem we just can't move the ball at all. Think the 3 at the back suits us better to get possession higher up the pitch at the moment we struggle to build anything.

Didn't expect Rice to make the team after the last set of internationals he was poor then
Exactly no world class players in the midfield. Unfortunately for the wealth off attacking options we have nobody to pull the strings in the middle of the park

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 11, 2019, 10:00:37 pm by NickDRFC »
Some daft comments on here tonight.

Vicar - WE ARE SHIT?! Were we shit when we were battering Spain not long ago? France lose qualifiers. Germany lose qualifiers. Belgium lose qualifiers. We’ve just lost our first qualifier for a decade...do you think perhaps you might be overreacting a little bit?

93 - drop Kane? He’s our captain and talisman. You don’t drop him because he’s only scored 4 or 5 goals by October and a raw lad who was playing in the Championship last year has scored a few more than him.

Padge - in hindsight the team selection tonight was off (see below) but Rice and Grealish aren’t comparable players in the slightest.

Wrong team selection tonight - think Winks could have moved the ball quicker replacing either Rice or Henderson and don’t think I’d have started either of the full backs or Keane but come on, the sky isn’t caving in. We remain a work in progress and some way short of the elite - whether we’d won 4-0 tonight or lose as we did that doesn’t change.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 11, 2019, 10:04:50 pm by the vicar »
Some daft comments on here tonight.

Vicar - WE ARE SHIT?! Were we shit when we were battering Spain not long ago? France lose qualifiers. Germany lose qualifiers. Belgium lose qualifiers. We’ve just lost our first qualifier for a decade...do you think perhaps you might be overreacting a little bit?

93 - drop Kane? He’s our captain and talisman. You don’t drop him because he’s only scored 4 or 5 goals by October and a raw lad who was playing in the Championship last year has scored a few more than him.

Padge - in hindsight the team selection tonight was off (see below) but Rice and Grealish aren’t comparable players in the slightest.

Wrong team selection tonight - think Winks could have moved the ball quicker replacing either Rice or Henderson and don’t think I’d have started either of the full backs or Keane but come on, the sky isn’t caving in. We remain a work in progress and some way short of the elite - whether we’d won 4-0 tonight or lose as we did that doesn’t change.
I did mean tonight not the last 10 years, but some of that 10 years we were playing shit, and getting through on a wing and a prayer

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 11, 2019, 10:09:52 pm by Metalmicky »
That was very average - headless, wasteful and undisciplined...... poor show

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 11, 2019, 10:27:31 pm by POD »
Danny Rose looked very average tonight.  Rightly singled out IMO by Roy Keane on ITV for his indisciplined play.  I wouldn’t blame him for the winning goal though - the ball should never have been played in the air to him, as he was just about the smallest player on the pitch and had little chance of winning the header. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 11, 2019, 10:52:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

This.

Trouble is, you could have said it at any time in the past 50 years and it would be equally as applicable, other than maybe for a few weeks when Platt and Gascoigne were at their peak.

We have never ever produced central midfields with the ability to dominate possession and unpick defences against the very best.

Germany, France, Holland, Italy, Argentina, Brazil and more lately, Spain produce those midfields once a decade or so, over and over and over again.

We produce Frank Lampard and Steve Gerrard and Declan Rice and Ross Barkley and tell ourselves we are punching at the same level.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 11, 2019, 11:33:52 pm by tyke1962 »
Gareth does as well as can be reasonably expected in my opinion .

Which isn't to say he's the best thing since sliced bread but he gets the majority of the time the best out of the squad which is more than his predecessors got .

Look at that squad that went to the 2006 world cup for instance and never put a decent performance in all the tournament .

Really lacking some class in the midfield which is pretty much what you most definitely need to have any chance of success .

epworth red

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 11, 2019, 11:34:24 pm by epworth red »
Watching England makes me think 🤔 these guys make millions from the game ? ! But my old Doncaster Rovers would murder any of em ! Anyone else agree?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 12, 2019, 12:37:04 am by tyke1962 »
Watching England makes me think 🤔 these guys make millions from the game ? ! But my old Doncaster Rovers would murder any of em ! Anyone else agree?

With the sentiment but not the practically , I watched you play Crystal Palace last season in the FA cup for your reference with all due respect .

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 12, 2019, 12:49:03 am by eastender »
We couldn't beat a poor Portsmouth team last week.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 12, 2019, 05:58:36 am by GazLaz »
This thread is laughable. This England side has been on an upward trajectory since GS took over. One poor performance and everyone is all over them. Are they the best team in the world? No, far from it, but they have done ok in recent times.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 12, 2019, 07:49:35 am by dickos1 »
Exactly
People saying drop Kane, he’s going to be the best striker we’ve ever had. You don’t drop players like that after a couple of poor games.
He’s scored something like 7 goals in his last 5 games and you want him dropped. 😂😂

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 12, 2019, 07:51:37 am by dickos1 »

This.

Trouble is, you could have said it at any time in the past 50 years and it would be equally as applicable, other than maybe for a few weeks when Platt and Gascoigne were at their peak.

We have never ever produced central midfields with the ability to dominate possession and unpick defences against the very best.

Germany, France, Holland, Italy, Argentina, Brazil and more lately, Spain produce those midfields once a decade or so, over and over and over again.

We produce Frank Lampard and Steve Gerrard and Declan Rice and Ross Barkley and tell ourselves we are punching at the same level.

Scholes would’ve walked into any of those national sides

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 12, 2019, 07:58:20 am by mrfrostsdad »

Exactly no world class players in the midfield. Unfortunately for the wealth off attacking options we have nobody to pull the strings in the middle of the park

When was the last time England had a true, World Class Player, a la Ronaldo, Messi et al?
I honestly can't remember one for many, many a year. We got through to the World Cup semi final last year, which was a great achievement, but in many respects I think luck was on our side.
I hope they prove me wrong, but I don't think we've a cat in hells chance of winning the Euro's with this lot.
Take Johnny Foreigner out of The Premier League and it's a bang average league

TinyPortal © 2005-2012