Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:45:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oxford V TLOD  (Read 14801 times)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: Oxford V TLOD
« Reply #120 on October 12, 2019, 04:53:51 pm by Lesonthewest »
Thing is it's not all about a striker is it, although it's a major problem, we haven't replaced the players we have lost. Glaringly obvious we are paper thin & it's beginning to show. A season of mediocrity beckons & dare I say the start of a dip in attendances. No worries though we are still 6 points or so off the drop.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on October 12, 2019, 04:55:02 pm by dknward2 »
Looking at the positives we write today off but we're only 4 points off the playoffs having played most of the 'difficult' teams.

and looking at the future fixture list there isn't a "hard " match from now on until after Christmas  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

All depends on how hard we make them

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 12, 2019, 04:55:27 pm by NickDRFC »
Looking at the positives we write today off but we're only 4 points off the playoffs having played most of the 'difficult' teams.

Indeed, and with a game in hand..

We do need to get firing up front on all cylinders..

I’m still optimistic but we don’t have a game in hand, that’s rubbish. The only sides we have a game in hand on who are in the play-offs (or above) are Bristol Rovers and Peterborough, both of whom are 5 points ahead of us anyway, and Wycombe (7 points). This run of form hasn’t exactly put us out of the reckoning but it has left us with plenty of work to do to get back into it.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on October 12, 2019, 04:58:27 pm by glosterred »
The talk about needing a striker is bollox, 5 clean sheets in 6 by Oxford, they don’t concede many who ever plays them.

Full time 3-0, not our day today

Onwards and upwards

COYR

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on October 12, 2019, 04:59:12 pm by IDM »
Why are we trying.? Isn’t it game over.?

It is, according to some..

I’ll check back at 90 mins and see who’s eating humble pie. I hope it’s me

It’s never game over at 2-0 two minute into the second half.. ever..

If the players thought like that then they have no place in the pitch.

That was my point, not that we would turn this particular game round..

It’s a simple point really..

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on October 12, 2019, 04:59:39 pm by glosterred »
Season was over before we kicked a ball for some fans..

Season was over after we decided to assemble a squad of short term singings, loan's and non league players.

....and off we go!

Some people change with the wind - one minute were brilliant and they are exuberant, the next we're the worst team ever..... People need to remember we are playing the form team in the league... there really are some right knob heads around

Get felt. Another keyboard warrior.

Get felt........... you feel nothing boy.

If you want verbally abuse me, do it my face. Utter coward.

Abuse you??..... you tit - stop whimpering man.....   Listen, I don't entertain plastics. 

Do everyone a favour and take your negativity elsewhere...

Either support your team or move on...

Keep your mouth shut, you utter tosser.

My dads bigger than your dad. We’ve moved to the play ground, Pathetic

COYR

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on October 12, 2019, 05:02:24 pm by deebee »
Looking at the stats we were awful today only 7 shots and no one on target. We were 2nd best in every department. 3 loses in a row now, need a win and soon before a losing mentality sets in.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on October 12, 2019, 05:04:45 pm by IDM »

I’m still optimistic but we don’t have a game in hand, that’s rubbish. The only sides we have a game in hand on who are in the play-offs (or above) are Bristol Rovers and Peterborough, both of whom are 5 points ahead of us anyway, and Wycombe (7 points). This run of form hasn’t exactly put us out of the reckoning but it has left us with plenty of work to do to get back into it.

We are in 11th place and 5 of the teams above us have played more games..  so we have a game in hand in half of them..

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on October 12, 2019, 05:06:17 pm by drfcsteve »
The team isn't that different, minus Ennis, to when we battered Peterbrough, what's changed? Was it just that Peterbrough completely cocked up their tactics? (Fergie style)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on October 12, 2019, 05:08:31 pm by Metalmicky »

and looking at the future fixture list there isn't a "hard " match from now on until after Christmas  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Not until the next match against in form fourth placed Bristol Rovers........

We do seem to be catching teams when they are in form tbh
Season was over before we kicked a ball for some fans..

Season was over after we decided to assemble a squad of short term singings, loan's and non league players.

....and off we go!

Some people change with the wind - one minute were brilliant and they are exuberant, the next we're the worst team ever..... People need to remember we are playing the form team in the league... there really are some right knob heads around

Get felt. Another keyboard warrior.

Get felt........... you feel nothing boy.

If you want verbally abuse me, do it my face. Utter coward.

Abuse you??..... you tit - stop whimpering man.....   Listen, I don't entertain plastics. 

Do everyone a favour and take your negativity elsewhere...

Either support your team or move on...

Keep your mouth shut, you utter tosser.

My dads bigger than your dad. We’ve moved to the play ground, Pathetic

COYR

No playground glosterred, just hate constant negativity....

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on October 12, 2019, 05:11:02 pm by goalkick »
Thought Thomas tried but seemed very average.maybe one of the youngsters could be given a run out. :suicide:

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on October 12, 2019, 05:13:48 pm by drfcsteve »
I'm sure if Moore thought any of the youngsters were any good he wouldn't have felt he needed to sign a non-league striker as cover.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on October 12, 2019, 05:19:28 pm by southwestexile »
Why are we trying.? Isn’t it game over.?

It is, according to some..

I’ll check back at 90 mins and see who’s eating humble pie. I hope it’s me

It’s never game over at 2-0 two minute into the second half.. ever..

If the players thought like that then they have no place in the pitch.

That was my point, not that we would turn this particular game round..

It’s a simple point really..

Just as it wouldn’t be over at 8-0 down either, it was just how I felt given the lack of shots. Simple maths really

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on October 12, 2019, 05:25:05 pm by NickDRFC »

We are in 11th place and 5 of the teams above us have played more games..  so we have a game in hand in half of them..

The poster referenced the play offs, and you said we had a game in hand as well. As far as the play offs are concerned, our game in hand doesn’t put us in them. Not really important if we have a game in hand over the teams in 10th or 11th when we’re after the top 6.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on October 12, 2019, 05:38:28 pm by IDM »
I didn’t make reference to the play off positions at all, just the teams above..

Winning the game in hand or being given the points for the Bolton game puts us higher up the table and the perspective looks better.

That’s the point, nowt to do with the play offs.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on October 13, 2019, 07:16:17 am by PDX_Rover »
Bad day at the office. It happens. The bigger picture - it’s coming together.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012