Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:04:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We need a striker  (Read 9990 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: We need a striker
« Reply #30 on October 12, 2019, 05:27:19 pm by dickos1 »
Rotherham have given their players until next week to decide on their contracts

We haven’t even offered them yet

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 12, 2019, 05:27:41 pm by IDM »
The point we had plenty of chances and didn’t score emphasises the point we need a striker not opposes the point

Vs Portsmouth..

May hit the bar, cracking shot.. what difference would having a striker have made.?

Same with Whiteman..

Whiteman missed one or two as did Taylor.

On another day those same players score 2-3 goals with an identical performance.

Yes we would be better with a striker and playing to his strengths but last weekend was different..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 12, 2019, 05:28:44 pm by IDM »
So which of you is party to contract discussions at the club.?

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 12, 2019, 05:29:06 pm by redarmy82 »

No chance of us doing that. We won't even give them a thoufht until the last few weeks of the season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 12, 2019, 05:31:05 pm by IDM »

And you know this for certain how.?

Even if we haven’t, don’t you think DM has he right as a new manager to review the squad in order to drive contract renewals.?

I really hate the I want it now attitude that prevails.  Not aimed at anyone particularly.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 12, 2019, 05:32:45 pm by IDM »

No chance of us doing that. We won't even give them a thoufht until the last few weeks of the season.

Care to prove that.?

With facts not just opinion..

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 12, 2019, 05:33:12 pm by sheffield exile1 »
When we did well we had  Peter Kitchen Colin Cramb Mike Jeffrey Barnes Heffernan Fortune- West and of course Billy... Yes the midfield are doing wonders but not sustainable long term. Teams need strikers simple. Doesn't have to be Harry Kane but as has been said this team is currently buzzing in terms of creativity. Imagine someone at the cutting edge of half of those chances?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 12, 2019, 05:35:49 pm by IDM »
Don’t forget we have had bad lock with injuries to Ennis and to Sterling.

I am not at all saying that they will prove to be the ideal strikers we need, but like all strikers they need to get into the game and a goal to get them going..

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 12, 2019, 05:50:09 pm by esdailles left foot »
Start with a manager who can MANAGE.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 12, 2019, 05:50:25 pm by 5 on Tour »

Even if we haven’t, don’t you think DM has he right as a new manager to review the squad in order to drive contract renewals.?

I really hate the I want it now attitude that prevails.  Not aimed at anyone particularly.

I don’t think the “I want it now attitude” carries a great deal of weight when most of these issues, especially contracts, have been going on for 3-4 seasons. We don’t tie people into long contracts, they either leave for free or we sell them 12 months before so they don’t leave for free. It’s short sighted at best. If the recruitment is right then longer contracts aren’t a risk. It comes across like they’re terrified of offering longer contracts in case they’ve signed the wrong player.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 12, 2019, 05:54:19 pm by NickDRFC »

I don’t think the “I want it now attitude” carries a great deal of weight when most of these issues, especially contracts, have been going on for 3-4 seasons. We don’t tie people into long contracts, they either leave for free or we sell them 12 months before so they don’t leave for free. It’s short sighted at best. If the recruitment is right then longer contracts aren’t a risk. It comes across like they’re terrified of offering longer contracts in case they’ve signed the wrong player.

Agreed, I started a topic in I think December last year saying I was concerned that we’d end up losing players as we hadn’t started contract talks and got shot down, told to stop panicking, ages to go yet, how do you know it’s not happening behind the scenes etc. That didn’t turn out particularly well!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 12, 2019, 05:54:58 pm by vaya »

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 12, 2019, 06:03:50 pm by bobbymax »
Is there a button which deletes any posts from particular individuals?

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 12, 2019, 06:20:16 pm by esdailles left foot »
Go on just for once admit it, I may just be right. Wait till the injuries and bad weather really kick in and whiteman buggers off in January.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 12, 2019, 06:21:42 pm by vaya »
Go on just for once admit it, I may just be right. Wait till the injuries and bad weather really kick in and whiteman buggers off in January.

"ME ME ME.."

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 12, 2019, 06:35:18 pm by vaya »

"ME ME ME.."

f**k off you dick. Just because someone offers a different opinion. What is it with the self important wazzocks on here, total shithouses

Thanks. I think you've touched on some of this before.

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 12, 2019, 06:42:06 pm by esdailles left foot »
Boring people with boring lives willing to accept mediocrity and being fed lies all wrapped up in a club doncaster ribbon. We had the chance to push on after last season but f**ked up big time due to a mindless transfer policy. No wonder Grant left even to that madhouse.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 12, 2019, 06:44:33 pm by Spilsby Red »
Why don’t you follow him then

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 12, 2019, 06:47:37 pm by esdailles left foot »

Shut up you 6 fingered inbred shagger

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 12, 2019, 06:51:14 pm by drfc1951 »
Why hasn't he been banned yet

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 12, 2019, 06:51:58 pm by IDM »

Have a different, albeit ill-judged opinion on football matters by all means.

If you’re going to descend to that sort of childish  behaviour I suggest you do so elsewhere..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 06:56:25 pm by IDM »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 12, 2019, 06:53:41 pm by IDM »

I think I prefer Copps’ opinion on DM’s managerial qualities, given that he is quite an experienced pro is our Copps, than that of an over opinionated childish keyboard warrior..

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 12, 2019, 07:13:03 pm by phil old leake »
Cops is magic. I disagree there must be plenty of out of contract players available
I’m unfortunate that I can’t get to matches at the moment due to where I live but it seems to be such a desperate situation that it could be worth finding some recently retire old duffer who knows where the net is  who would maybe play until January until a full time replacement is found
From what il reading and I hope I’m wrong if we don’t find an answer soon we’ve no chance of achieving anything this season

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 12, 2019, 07:22:18 pm by dickos1 »
So which of you is party to contract discussions at the club.?

Coppinger and sadlier have both stayed publicly they haven’t been offered a contract yet

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 12, 2019, 07:23:23 pm by dickos1 »
The point we had plenty of chances and didn’t score emphasises the point we need a striker not opposes the point

Vs Portsmouth..

May hit the bar, cracking shot.. what difference would having a striker have made.?

Same with Whiteman..

On another day those same players score 2-3 goals with an identical performance.

Yes we would be better with a striker and playing to his strengths but last weekend was different..

Other people will have chances, but a striker will create his own space, make runs, be in the right place at the right time.

That’s what we’re missing and it’s blatantly obvious

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 12, 2019, 07:29:25 pm by 5 on Tour »

About 2 posts before this you said others had no life then you bring out an “insult” like this?!?! The other day you actually said some sense and now this. It’s like you’ve got a split personality. They’re both tossers but one is worse than the other!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 12, 2019, 07:39:50 pm by NewDonny »

He's on a fishing expedition, ignore him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 12, 2019, 07:43:39 pm by IDM »

Vs Portsmouth..

Same with Whiteman..

Other people will have chances, but a striker will create his own space, make runs, be in the right place at the right time.

That’s what we’re missing and it’s blatantly obvious

I’m not disagreeing with you, in principle, I just don’t think there would have been much difference to the Portsmouth game..

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 12, 2019, 07:56:34 pm by Spilsby Red »
There is nothing to say a striker will score all these goals that others are missing. We can’t keep saying about Marquis. As he played in a different team with different players and system.
New team. We got thrashed at Luton last year and finished where we finished. There also seems to be more respect from the players for DM than there was for GM.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 12, 2019, 08:06:54 pm by dickos1 »
Losing to Luton though isn’t quite the same, they won the league at a canter

TinyPortal © 2005-2012