Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:24:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We need a striker  (Read 9982 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: We need a striker
« Reply #60 on October 12, 2019, 08:17:45 pm by IDM »
And oxford were in crap form before today’s game, were they?

On both occasions we’ve played poorly against good teams during a period of good form for them..

We have seen our team play much better on numerous occasions regardless of the striker issue, and the same happened last season..

We had a shit day today, but it’s not the end of the world, is it.?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 08:28:58 pm by IDM »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 12, 2019, 08:42:39 pm by Michael Shaw »
I find it quite laughable that fans will continue to defend Rovers after a performance like that. I am ashamed to follow Rovers.

We have no teeth or firepower because we don't have a striker, and we have been saying that since Marquis left.

Right from the start I said we would end up mid table and there is no plan.

Darren Moore is a disappointment and I can't understand why so many fans can't see that. No way will he lead us into the playoffs and we are now 25% of the way through the season. He has had plenty of time now to prove his work and no doubt next March he will still be saying "we are still a work in progress".

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on October 12, 2019, 08:45:22 pm by Campsall rover »
We'll do enough to stay up. The board will have to accept that with this squad/wage structure. Anything extra Darren Moore will have done a top job.

We shouldn’t have to accept it though. With the crowds we are getting we should be finishing in the top half

The crowds are manufactured though, in reality they are a lot less.
Please explain.
Are you saying the club are making them up? If so they are not going to inflate the figures are they?That would mean paying more V.A.T.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on October 12, 2019, 08:48:34 pm by redarmy82 »
We'll do enough to stay up. The board will have to accept that with this squad/wage structure. Anything extra Darren Moore will have done a top job.

We shouldn’t have to accept it though. With the crowds we are getting we should be finishing in the top half

Please explain.
Are you saying the club are making them up? If so they are not going to inflate the figures are they?That would mean paying more V.A.T.

More to do with the massive amount of freebies which people don't use, yet still get put on the attendance.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 12, 2019, 08:51:50 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I find it quite laughable that fans will continue to defend Rovers after a performance like that. I am ashamed to follow Rovers.

We have no teeth or firepower because we don't have a striker, and we have been saying that since Marquis left.

Darren Moore is a disappointment and I can't understand why so many fans can't see that. No way will he lead us into the playoffs and we are now 25% of the way through the season. He has had plenty of time now to prove his work and no doubt next March he will still be saying "we are still a work in progress".

I agree with your points re a striker Michael and liked Edsdailes early post.. but I have to say I think Moore has done a great job so far making a silk purse from a sow's ear as the saying goes.. and we are playing very good football, certainly at home, which makes it even more criminal we dont have a proven goalscorer to finish off the chances and haven't replaced Marquis... first it was a need to get a new manager, then it was a need to assess the squad, then it's still a month or three weeks til the window shuts, then there is still time, then the bids for proven strikers in but probably the players were already lined up at clubs, the window shuts... then its there are non contract players, victor Anichebe, loan signings (note they have played well and shown great potential, John, Ennis, Sheaf etc but a thin squad with a few injuries takes its toll), youth players, the resurrection of Alex Kwiyoma, false number 9s... we need an experienced proven goalscorer, maybe two.. then the chances will be converted and we will get the results performances until today have merited.  We had say a month before the window shut and had to fund a Marquis replacement as it was clear that a few early season games or a pre season match dont count when it gets to October, injuries hit and we not scoring the goals consistently to get the points we deserve, e.g. Ipswich away, Portsmouth and Blackpool at home, and for what it's worth I recognise we have played well and won games against some tough opposition to date, so for me Moore has done a sterling job so far..
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 09:38:11 pm by Donny Exile in York »

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 12, 2019, 09:09:52 pm by esdailles left foot »

Please explain.
Are you saying the club are making them up? If so they are not going to inflate the figures are they?That would mean payi

ng more V.A.T

Yes and have for many years

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on October 12, 2019, 09:10:03 pm by Campsall rover »

We put in our 1st poor performance of the season and it WAS the 1st one.
You then say Darren Moore is a disappointment and you are ashamed to support Rovers.
Unbelievable, I can’t get my breath. You are ASHAMED!!!

We have played some exquisite football this season. We have beaten Fleetwood, Lincoln, Rotherham & Peterborough all teams tipped to do well this season. We drew away at Ipswich a game we should have won & their supporters said we were the best team they have played this season.
We totally dominated against Portsmouth and if it hadn’t been for the woodwork would have beaten them also another team expected to finish near to the top of the league.

AND YOU ARE ASHAMED TO SUPPORT ROVERS. I’ll tel you what Michael you should be ashamed making a comment like that after ONE poor performance against may i add a good team in form.

You need to get a grip and you are not the only one on here that just loves to have a massive meltdown when we lose.  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on October 12, 2019, 09:17:46 pm by acacia94 »
I was there today and it wasn't great but christ on a bike get a grip. I've seen far worse from Rovers – Wimbledon away last season jumps out!!

Mark Lyall

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 12, 2019, 09:19:20 pm by Mark Lyall »
Ashamed to support Rovers ? Never ever said that even in our darkest days . If your that ashamed Michael then please feel free to take your support else . Win lose or draw I'm proud to say I support Doncaster Rovers .

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 12, 2019, 09:28:49 pm by vaya »

"Gone fishin'...."

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on October 12, 2019, 09:43:35 pm by dickos1 »

On both occasions we’ve played poorly against good teams during a period of good form for them..

We have seen our team play much better on numerous occasions regardless of the striker issue, and the same happened last season..

Never said any of that.
Oxford were no higher than us in the table, totally different than playing the side running away with the league.

We started the season well but we’ve now got 5 points from the last 6 games. So it’s not just today that’s worrying

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on October 12, 2019, 09:49:04 pm by redandwhitewizard »
I am ashamed that any rovers fan should express feeling ashamed.  I was there today and felt frustrated.  Having done this for over 40 years most will understand i have seen some genuinely poor play at our club BUT I HAVE NEVER FELT ASHAMED. Grow up or stick a pin in a premiership list and sit on your arse out of our way.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on October 12, 2019, 10:01:02 pm by NewDonny »

After a performance like what?

Oxford are a very good side, we saw that last May and we have seen it this season so far, so losing to Oxford United today was no big disgrace like you would have us all believe. We got outplayed and out thought today by the better team, that's it, move on, just like Peterborough did after losing to us several weeks ago, now look at them!

Bristol Rovers next up and I expect a reaction and 3 points at home.

Please stop the knicker wetting, it's one defeat.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 12, 2019, 10:29:12 pm by scawsby steve »

After a performance like what?

Oxford are a very good side, we saw that last May and we have seen it this season so far, so losing to Oxford United today was no big disgrace like you would have us all believe. We got outplayed and out thought today by the better team, that's it, move on, just like Peterborough did after losing to us several weeks ago, now look at them!

Bristol Rovers next up and I expect a reaction and 3 points at home.

Please stop the knicker wetting, it's one defeat.

Also, it's worth noting that Oxford are the top goal scorers in the country. It's no disgrace conceding 2 goals and a penalty to a team in that kind of form.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 12, 2019, 10:45:51 pm by Chris Black come back »
*Logs on*
Same old moaning ingrates resurfacing after a defeat.
*Logs off*

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on October 12, 2019, 11:37:00 pm by roversdude »

Only missing a dig at the board for a full house in the Michael Shaw posting game

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 12, 2019, 11:47:42 pm by roversam »
Michael Shaw AKA WUM.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 13, 2019, 07:59:00 am by IDM »

Never said any of that.
Oxford were no higher than us in the table, totally different than playing the side running away with the league.

We started the season well but we’ve now got 5 points from the last 6 games. So it’s not just today that’s worrying

Position in the table is irrelevant to my point, I was talking about Oxford being in very good form..

You seem to be missing the point.. never mind.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 13, 2019, 09:00:03 am by GazLaz »
The funds not being made available to suitably replace Marquis was criminal. That will cost us massively over the season.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on October 13, 2019, 09:45:00 am by idler »
How do we know that they weren't made available?
Perhaps Moore didn't fancy the two GM had earmarked but his choices were unavailable by the time he had been appointed and settled in.
The only people that know the true situation are the board and management. I'm sure that our situation is discussed regularly whether we are winning or losing.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on October 13, 2019, 10:14:08 am by Colin C No.3 »
Start with a manager who can MANAGE.

Kick Moore into touch, he’s only ever managed a team to relegation after all, & get Fatty Evans in, he’ll sort this team out & the players & the board & put this club on the map!

Where’s me tablets.....

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on October 13, 2019, 11:14:43 am by redarmy82 »
Perhaps Moore didn't fancy the two GM had earmarked but his choices were unavailable by the time he had been appointed and settled in.
The only people that know the true situation are the board and management. I'm sure that our situation is discussed regularly whether we are winning or losing.

It was Moore who earmarked them. Moore who said he had two players lined up with better records than marquis.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 13, 2019, 11:45:52 am by IDM »
Why don’t you follow him then

Shut up you 6 fingered inbred shagger

Why is this post still on here.?

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 13, 2019, 11:58:54 am by Canadian Rover »
1st goal a cruel deflection
3rd goal was very unlucky to be given as a penalty.

Copps needs to shoot more though.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on October 13, 2019, 12:38:11 pm by sheffield exile1 »

You must be a new kid on the block. Didn't you see the Forest league cup 0-8 home defeat a good few years ago. Ashamed is too strong a word when watching a team in League 1 with a less than sparkling history. As for Moore he has done a good job since we lost the snake and decimated the squad. Only fault I have with whoever at DRFC is the lack of getting a striker in.....

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on October 13, 2019, 12:57:44 pm by sha66y »

Michael!
Your first line summed it up perfectly...
The REAL fans WILL defend their team through every performance whether we lose win or draw...,

they might get frustrated, but their allegiance will NEVER waver.....NEVER,!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 13, 2019, 01:50:29 pm by dickos1 »

Moore stated on radio Sheffield we’d placed row bids for two strikers that had records as good as, if not better than marquis’s and we were now in discussions with both players.
Neither signed,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on October 13, 2019, 01:54:25 pm by dickos1 »

Never said any of that.

Position in the table is irrelevant to my point, I was talking about Oxford being in very good form..

You seem to be missing the point.. never mind.

I’m not missing the point I’m just disagreeing , Oxford have 11 points from 6 games, nothing outstanding and certainly not of the nature of form Luton we’re in when we played them

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on October 13, 2019, 03:34:15 pm by Campsall rover »
The funds not being made available to suitably replace Marquis was criminal. That will cost us massively over the season.
The board said funds were available.
There was obviously a very good reason why we never got the striker or strikers DM wanted.
Could be a number of reasons. Asking for unrealistic Wages and Agents fees being the most probable reasons why we didn’t get our man.
But to complain and moan day in day out about the situation as some are doing on here is getting very boring.
We all know the problem we have at present but we will make do with what we have got and get on with it.

Like someone has just mentioned in another post we are not the only ones are we.
Coventry can’t hit a barn door at the moment. Portsmouth are not exactly free scoring are they and they have Pitman, Marquis and Harrison. Sunderland likewise, Wyke, Grigg & Maguire.

If Ennis stays fit he will score goals given the number of chances we create. I am very confident in his ability to score
Yesterday was an off day for most of our team. Sadlier and Taylor just were not on their game imo & Thomas looked a little raw and it will take some time for him to get up to speed.
But credit needs to go to Oxford they looked a very solid outfit and they won’t concede many goals this season.
We will be fine and it just shows the impatience of some of our so called supporters when 1 below par performance creates so many ridiculous knee jerk reactions on this forum.
It just shows how well we have played this season when yesterday’s game gets such a poor reaction because we were no where near as bad as some have made out. We have set high standards for ourselves.
How is it that a manager is a coaching genius when we win and a tactical clown when we lose.

We are very lucky to have captured a manager/coach of DM’s ability. Let him get on with putting the building blocks together and let’s see where it takes us.
Good things lie ahead for our club. We are on the right road.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 04:03:12 pm by Campsall rover »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on October 13, 2019, 06:06:13 pm by silent majority »

Please explain.

More to do with the massive amount of freebies which people don't use, yet still get put on the attendance.

There is no 'massive amount of freebies' which don't get used.

This is just claptrap put about by people like yourself who just revel in inaccurate posts or opinions brought about by a desire to criticise at all costs.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012