Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:19:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We need a striker  (Read 9994 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: We need a striker
« Reply #90 on October 13, 2019, 08:38:55 pm by steve@dcfd »
We talk about a striker yes I would like to have signed one. Last season 40+ goals came from two players Marquis and Wilks a centre forward and wide player.
It’s also been said that Oxford are the leading scorers so far this season. Their leading scorers are two midfield players and wide player scoring 8,6 and 6 so far.
Our leading scorers are a midfield player and two of the three behind a striker. Although Sadlier scored two of his league goals playing as the main striker . Between them they have scored 8 goals.

So yes it would be great to have a striker scoring goals. But the three behind the striker must increase their goals aswell. If all 4 ( striker and three behind) could score 10/12 goals each then we would help our position.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on October 13, 2019, 09:52:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
For all those moaning there are only three logical answers to your gripe:

1. The money is there but the manager is inept and cannot see we need a striker.

2. The money is not there and the manager is being restricted in what he can spend by the Board.

3. The money is there and the manager wants to buy but the right player is not there.

Who are you blaming?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 13, 2019, 09:54:58 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Number 3.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 13, 2019, 10:00:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Chris for me I don’t see the manager is inept in any thing he’s doing at the club.
Only the manager and the board know the answers to to 2 and 3.

Let’s see what happens at the next window.

In the mean time whoever is selected in the attacking positions can hopefully start taking chances we create.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on October 14, 2019, 08:01:27 am by dickos1 »
Number one is obviously not correct as Moore has stated constantly about our need to recruit at least one number 9

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on October 14, 2019, 08:41:24 am by redarmy82 »
We'll do enough to stay up. The board will have to accept that with this squad/wage structure. Anything extra Darren Moore will have done a top job.

We shouldn’t have to accept it though. With the crowds we are getting we should be finishing in the top half

The crowds are manufactured though, in reality they are a lot less.
Please explain.
Are you saying the club are making them up? If so they are not going to inflate the figures are they?That would mean paying more V.A.T.

More to do with the massive amount of freebies which people don't use, yet still get put on the attendance.

There is no 'massive amount of freebies' which don't get used.

This is just claptrap put about by people like yourself who just revel in inaccurate posts or opinions brought about by a desire to criticise at all costs.

Explain some of the laughable "official" attendances given out over the last few years. Main point being the Coventry game last season, more than 12k in the stadium apparently, when anyone with eyes could see it wasn't anywhere near that.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 14, 2019, 09:01:35 am by IDM »
So what if that was correct.?  I have a ST but don’t always go, and I’m sure I’m not the only one, but my attendance would count at every home league game..

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on October 14, 2019, 09:11:00 am by wabtec »
Number one is obviously not correct as Moore has stated constantly about our need to recruit at least one number 9

But the manager has recruited a number 9,Kwame Thomas who was in fact picked before Niall Ennis would you believe,imo he is definately not the answer because he isnt very good and he is bone idle,hence the cheer from the rovers fans when he was taken off at Oxford.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 14, 2019, 09:11:55 am by silent majority »
So, the club pay vat on every ticket bought, and also comp tickets that are used.

Why in Gods name would the club increase the official attendance by several thousand just so they can pay vat on tickets that are not used.

It's just a ludicrous suggestion that they would do so just for vanity reasons.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on October 14, 2019, 09:42:18 am by redarmy82 »
So, the club pay vat on every ticket bought, and also comp tickets that are used.

Why in Gods name would the club increase the official attendance by several thousand just so they can pay vat on tickets that are not used.

I don't know why, but it is clear that the attendances are inflated. It's obvious.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on October 14, 2019, 07:19:48 pm by Campsall rover »

Exactly what i said SM. But RedArmy isn’t going to accept anything positive that is said about the club.
He even thinks the attendance figures are doctored.  :facepalm:

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on October 14, 2019, 08:02:18 pm by redarmy82 »
The club give hundreds, if not over 1000 tickets away for every game. That was confirmed by GB a couple of years ago at a meet the owners event.

I wonder how many actually use the free tickets.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on October 14, 2019, 08:25:12 pm by IDM »
So what.?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on October 17, 2019, 11:56:36 am by Retdon1 »
Gary hooper has signed for Wellington Phoenix in New Zealand. Surprised he’s moved over there

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on October 17, 2019, 12:59:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
Looks like we’ll need an excellent FA cup run this season to get a good striker.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on October 17, 2019, 01:10:32 pm by IDM »
Are you serious.?

At the start of the season it was widely reported that funds were available for DM to strengthen the squad.  Nothing was said about that being dependent upon a cup run.

And yes, I have read the DFP online today.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on October 18, 2019, 08:10:15 pm by phil old leake »
I’m assuming that any chance of Victor Anichebe signing is now a non starter as it probably was in the first place

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on October 18, 2019, 08:14:36 pm by ian1980 »
He stopped training with us a few weeks back according to Radio Sheffield

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on October 18, 2019, 08:34:50 pm by phil old leake »
I must have missed that.

I’m glad it’s all over to be fair.  It was never going to happen and h
Just gave people false hope

northern soul

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on October 18, 2019, 09:26:51 pm by northern soul »
Chocolate knees by all accounts.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on October 18, 2019, 09:56:22 pm by since-1969 »
For all those moaning there are only three logical answers to your gripe:

1. The money is there but the manager is inept and cannot see we need a striker.

2. The money is not there and the manager is being restricted in what he can spend by the Board.

3. The money is there and the manager wants to buy but the right player is not there.

Who are you blaming?
Number 2 . It’s always number 2 here !!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012