Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:47:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today's team  (Read 7857 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Today's team
« Reply #30 on October 13, 2019, 04:32:16 pm by dickos1 »
😂😂 calm down you clown
We let a number of our better players leave for nothing last season, mainly down to mccann.
But if we’ve players we want to keep why aren’t we securing their future.
It’s ok keep going on about the plan and we know what we’re doing but the management of the squad has been appalling this year.
That is a fact

Senior players have left, players who were very important squad players and they haven’t been replaced
That is why we’re struggling over these last few weeks because a couple of injuries and were knackered.
This was obviously going to happen yet nobody foresaw it

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 13, 2019, 04:49:04 pm by Campsall rover »
😂😂 calm down you clown
We let a number of our better players leave for nothing last season, mainly down to mccann.
It’s ok keep going on about the plan and we know what we’re doing but the management of the squad has been appalling this year.
That is a fact

Senior players have left, players who were very important squad players and they haven’t been replaced
That is why we’re struggling over these last few weeks because a couple of injuries and were knackered.
You did by the sound of it.
Our last two results had nothing whatsoever to do with the size of our squad.

There is no need to get personal calling me a clown. I have never done that to you have i.
Just pointing out your constant winging at the way the club is run.
You used to be one of the most positive posters on this forum and now you have become one of the most negative.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 13, 2019, 04:54:42 pm by dickos1 »
Telling me to go and support someone else just because I have a differing opinion to you is getting personal.

I am positive, there’s only one subject that is getting to me, you’ll very rarely hear me slagging players off, I think Moore is going to be a very good manager.
I just can’t see anything to be positive about regarding recruitment and squad management.
Our squad 12 months ago was far better than it is now, and 24 months ago possibly even better.
If Moore had the players mCcann and Ferguson had at his disposal then I think we’d be top two this year.

Building our side around young talented loan players isn’t setting good foundations in my opinion, loan players should be added in one or two areas to improve but this side has the spine of the team made up of young loan players

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 13, 2019, 05:10:52 pm by Campsall rover »
Telling me to go and support someone else just because I have a differing opinion to you is getting personal.

I am positive, there’s only one subject that is getting to me, you’ll very rarely hear me slagging players off, I think Moore is going to be a very good manager.
I just can’t see anything to be positive about regarding recruitment and squad management.
Our squad 12 months ago was far better than it is now, and 24 months ago possibly even better.
If Moore had the players mCcann and Ferguson had at his disposal then I think we’d be top two this year.

Building our side around young talented loan players isn’t setting good foundations in my opinion, loan players should be added in one or two areas to improve but this side has the spine of the team made up of young loan players
The spine of the team.
Wright and Anderson ( neither are on loan ) John ( on loan if he regains fitness )
Whiteman and Sheaf ( only 1 on loan )
Ennis ( on loan )
That is the spine and only 2 out of 5 are on loan
Last season we had Downing, & Kane in the spine. What’s changed that’s 2 out of 5 also.
We also had Wilks on loan last season and this season we also have Sterling.

I really don’t see your point Dickos.
We now have 2 superior full backs and a better goalkeeper ( yes he is on loan ) so what, is that a problem.
You are making it out to be a problem but if it improves our team then i am all for it.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:15:47 pm by Campsall rover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 13, 2019, 05:22:23 pm by dickos1 »
Ennis, Stirling
Sheaf
John.

All loan players who would be in our strongest 11

Last year we had other options such as Rowe, butler, marquis all experienced players who could complement the loan players.
This season all our hopes are on young loan players staying fit

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 13, 2019, 05:26:22 pm by BigH »
The L1 business model is increasingly being scoped around paying decent money - by L1 standards - to a smallish/select group of players on, say, 3 year contracts with the balance made up of younger squad players looking to develop (1-2 year contracts, average money) and loanees (an average of 7 per club?). Distort that balance and you end up with a very expensive squad and a (potentially) unsustainable business model (that's probably hugely reliant on the generosity of a benefactor).

The Premiership model of big, expensive squads with players nailed down on 5 year contracts just won't work in this division unless you've got a backer with more money than sense or 20,000+ crowds every other week/a 50,000+ fan base. (Ipswich and Sunderland anyone?).

Juggling the balance, getting the mix right isn't easy and DM will have to learn fast. It's not helped when loanees get injured/lose form and the striker that you need for your core group gets ever more expensive and elusive (which I suspect has proved to be the case with VA).

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:30:25 pm by BigH »

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 13, 2019, 05:28:53 pm by vaya »
Ennis, Stirling
Sheaf
John.

Last year we had other options such as Rowe, butler, marquis all experienced players who could complement the loan players.

If the first choice front two of Marquis and Wilks were both injured at the same time last year, who would have replaced them?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 13, 2019, 05:39:13 pm by Campsall rover »
Ennis, Stirling
Sheaf
John.

Incorrect Dickos as DM has never started with both Ennis and Sterling has he. We only play with one up front don’t we. The spine as i understand it are the centre backs, centre midfield and striker.

Any way i am not going to get into one of those pointless arguments with you again.

As much as I liked Butler and Rowe as players i honestly don’t think we have missed either of them.
We have more mobility and energy in this team than we did last season. All we are lacking is scoring goals. It seems even worse because of the sheer number of chances we are creating this season.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 13, 2019, 06:30:19 pm by IDM »
😂😂 calm down you clown
That is a fact

Why aren’t we securing their future.?

Apart from you telling us that Copps and Sadlier said a couple of weeks ago that they hadn’t been offered new deals, what actually do you know - facts not opinions nor deductions please - about what’s going on contracts wise behind the scenes at the club.?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 13, 2019, 06:38:36 pm by vaya »
😂😂 calm down you clown
That is a fact

Why aren’t we securing their future.?

Apart from you telling us that Copps and Sadlier said a couple of weeks ago that they hadn’t been offered new deals, what actually do you know - facts not opinions nor deductions please - about what’s going on contracts wise behind the scenes at the club.?

Nothing, by his own admission - see page 1.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 13, 2019, 06:48:17 pm by IDM »
Therefore his statement on the securing of players we want to keep is invalid.

I have no idea myself, but then I’m not claiming the club isn’t doing it..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 13, 2019, 08:06:11 pm by dickos1 »
We had all this all throughout last season,
All the chaps who can’t have a word said against the club up in arms saying how do you know we haven’t started discussions how do you know contracts haven't been offered.
Yet look what happened, I may be wrong
But all the players we finally offered contracts to left because they’d received better offers.
Rowe and butler weren’t made offers until the season ended,

Now what makes you think anything is different this season?
Other clubs are setting deadlines of this week, in order so they have enough time to work on replacing them.
Waiting until the end of the season only leads to a situation where were left stranded again, as we were this summer.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 13, 2019, 08:08:31 pm by dickos1 »
Ennis, Stirling
Sheaf
John.

If the first choice front two of Marquis and Wilks were both injured at the same time last year, who would have replaced them?

That’s the point, we’re relying on two kids who are starting their first foray into men’s football, they’re gong to get injured.
The manager himself states we need a striker, he put offers in for numerous players
Yet the chaps on here reckon we don’t need one

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 13, 2019, 08:33:12 pm by vaya »
Ennis, Stirling
Sheaf
John.

That’s the point, we’re relying on two kids who are starting their first foray into men’s football, they’re gong to get injured.
The manager himself states we need a striker, he put offers in for numerous players
Yet the chaps on here reckon we don’t need one

Young players don't have a monopoly on injuries.

Still doesn't answer the question though. If Marquis and Wilks had both been injured at the same time last season, who would have replaced them?

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 13, 2019, 08:41:45 pm by karldew »
All the chaps who can’t have a word said against the club up in arms saying how do you know we haven’t started discussions how do you know contracts haven't been offered.
But all the players we finally offered contracts to left because they’d received better offers.

Other clubs are setting deadlines of this week, in order so they have enough time to work on replacing them.
Waiting until the end of the season only leads to a situation where were left stranded again, as we were this summer.

Rowe: No one would of offered him a contract before the end of the season because he was injured for the majority of it.

Butler: Yes he had a brilliant season but if he had signed our supporters would of still wanted better? John, Anderson and Wright are probably a better trio than Anderson, Wright and Butler?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 13, 2019, 08:44:31 pm by IDM »

You didn’t answer the question though..

Supporting DRFC could be seen as a hobby, an interest, but it certainly isn’t dominating my life.

Yes, I trust the club to run itself appropriately and I never claim it is perfect or beyond question.  But much if not all they do is beyond what I or any other fan can influence..

Debating which players are doing well, or not, or the team form etc is fine and that’s why I am here..

Making assumptions about what the club is or isn’t doing does on the face of it seem pointless since we can’t change it..

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 14, 2019, 06:39:04 am by godlike1 »

You didn’t answer the question though..

Supporting DRFC could be seen as a hobby, an interest, but it certainly isn’t dominating my life.

Yes, I trust the club to run itself appropriately and I never claim it is perfect or beyond question.  But much if not all they do is beyond what I or any other fan can influence..

Debating which players are doing well, or not, or the team form etc is fine and that’s why I am here..

Making assumptions about what the club is or isn’t doing does on the face of it seem pointless since we can’t change it..

He's right though.

The seemingly meandering approach really does nothing for the fan base either. If we were more decisive and open about what we were doing then this thread may not even have started and we could see what direction the club is taking. All I can see at the minute is grey smog

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 14, 2019, 07:59:45 am by dickos1 »

Rowe: No one would of offered him a contract before the end of the season because he was injured for the majority of it.

Butler: Yes he had a brilliant season but if he had signed our supporters would of still wanted better? John, Anderson and Wright are probably a better trio than Anderson, Wright and Butler?

The point being we’ve let experienced players go who were contracted to us and replaced them with young kids on loan.
The young kids need to be used to complement the squad not be the most important aspects of it

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 14, 2019, 08:01:32 am by DonnyOsmond »

The point being we’ve let experienced players go who were contracted to us and replaced them with young kids on loan.
The young kids need to be used to complement the squad not be the most important aspects of it

Erm... Herbie... Malik?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 14, 2019, 08:17:57 am by Alan Southstand »
Erm....supplementary to the squad, which is the point Dickos was making!

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 14, 2019, 08:51:19 am by vaya »
Erm....supplementary to the squad, which is the point Dickos was making!

With the best will in the world Alan, a little difficult to argue either player was (in practice) supplementary.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 09:38:45 am by vaya »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 14, 2019, 11:49:02 am by dickos1 »
The point being you put your squad together as we did last year and then you make loan signings in addition.
This season we’ve used loan players to make up the squad, without them we’re struggling massively.
For large parts of last season we played without Kane and Wilks yet our performances or results didn’t deteriorate. This season our loan players are missing and we go from very good form to very poor form. Because we’re too reliant on them, we’ve nothing else.
Look at the state of our bench.

Last year the bench was full of experienced players this year it’s full of kids who’ve never played a game before

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 14, 2019, 11:53:26 am by vaya »
The point being you put your squad together as we did last year and then you make loan signings in addition.
This season we’ve used loan players to make up the squad, without them we’re struggling massively.
For large parts of last season we played without Kane and Wilks yet our performances or results didn’t deteriorate. This season our loan players are missing and we go from very good form to very poor form. Because we’re too reliant on them, we’ve nothing else.

Last year the bench was full of experienced players this year it’s full of kids who’ve never played a game before

If Marquis and Wilks were both out at the same time last season, who would have replaced them?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on October 14, 2019, 11:59:33 am by IDM »

According to wiki Wilks played 44 times for us, and Kane 38.

Large parts of the season.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on October 14, 2019, 03:17:23 pm by dickos1 »
Surely you don’t need to look up on wiki that for a good portion of the middle of last season we were without Kane.
Even if it was only 9/10 games the point is we coped without him, and results weren’t effected because we had more than adequate replacements

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 14, 2019, 03:19:40 pm by dickos1 »

If Marquis and Wilks were both out at the same time last season, who would have replaced them?

I’ve no idea,
But even when both were fit they didn’t start every game together, as we had other options.
Wilks was never played as an out an out striker last season, he’s a similar player to Ennis and Stirling best used to support the main striker, it’s just this season we don’t have one

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 14, 2019, 03:22:17 pm by vaya »

I’ve no idea,
But even when both were fit they didn’t start every game together, as we had other options.
Wilks was never played as an out an out striker last season, he’s a similar player to Ennis and Stirling best used to support the main striker, it’s just this season we don’t have one

What were the 'other options' then?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 14, 2019, 03:31:02 pm by dickos1 »
Well for instance we played Plymouth without marquis and played, Rowe further forward alongside Wilks and coppinger.
We also still had smith and May on the bench.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 14, 2019, 03:32:29 pm by IDM »
Surely you don’t need to look up on wiki that for a good portion of the middle of last season we were without Kane.
Even if it was only 9/10 games the point is we coped without him, and results weren’t effected because we had more than adequate replacements

Your point was we were without Kane AND Wilks for large parts of the season.?  The stats say we were not.  I used wiki as it was quick and easy..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on October 14, 2019, 03:35:25 pm by dickos1 »
We were without Kane for a significant period yes around 9/10 successive games if I recall correctly and Wilks went through a period where he was in and out of the side.
Anyhow the point was we had a good enough squad to cope, now we don’t.
Look at the bench I can’t understand why you’re arguing otherwise

TinyPortal © 2005-2012