Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:19:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 5480 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Darren Moore
« on October 14, 2019, 10:23:09 am by wing commander »
   Well I think we can safely say the unanimous love in with Darren came to a end on Saturday.When Marquis left and the transfer window shut without us getting a striker,their weren't many fans who thought we had enough going into the new season.wether that was because DM was aiming to high with his targets or the board wouldn't sanction them we can only speculate..

We started off well when we had a full compliment but as the new loan players started dropping out injured our shots on target rate started dropping quickly even when we were playing decent,combined with Rovers age old problem of conceding goals in the last minutes of halfs means results have tailed off quickly.The Thomas signing smacked of desperation,a lad who has shown very little to warrant a place in the team of a league 1 club with ambition..

Supporters are quick to jump on him and the club about this and for once I cant really argue with them for that, after all the fans were told wait till the window shuts,they did and already the threadbare squad is struggling.So here we are still 2.5 months before the window opens and this can be addressed and we've somehow got to find a way of winning enough games to keep us in with a chance of the play offs else we will be in danger of missing out having a run at them even though on the base of it we have a team who should be more than good enough to do it with just a couple of acquisitions.

If mid table is the outcome,we will lose all these players back to the clubs and with Copps still considering retirement we will be left with more coaches than players contracted to the Rovers.And the board will have some genuine questions to answer on whether we really are a league 1 club looking to progress or just a club trying to just get lucky when it comes to championship football...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #1 on October 14, 2019, 10:40:20 am by IDM »
Which bit of your post explains how the manager or the board are at fault for both Sterling and Ennis being injured at the same time as the likes of Taylor and Whiteman aren’t hitting the target more often with the chances we create.??

There are so many variables on the pitch that no amount of action off the pitch can prevent..

I was at the Coventry match and Taylor missed the target when it looked easier to score.  I’m not going to get over critical of him as he played very well, but it’s fine margins.. we go 2-0 up in that game and we probably win.

Unlucky vs Portsmouth..

That’s 5 points we could and should have been better off..

That’s the vagaries of football.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 14, 2019, 10:41:50 am by the vicar »
And now he is bringing in the dregs looking for a striker when he said he would only bring in the right striker

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 14, 2019, 10:45:38 am by the vicar »
Which bit of your post explains how the manager or the board are at fault for both Sterling and Ennis being injured at the same time as the likes of Taylor and Whiteman aren’t hitting the target more often with the chances we create.??

There are so many variables on the pitch that no amount of action off the pitch can prevent..

I was at the Coventry match and Taylor missed the target when it looked easier to score.  I’m not going to get over critical of him as he played very well, but it’s fine margins.. we go 2-0 up in that game and we probably win.

Unlucky vs Portsmouth..

the thing is with teams, ther are quickly sussing us out and countering what we do so we do neet a plan B, and C

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 14, 2019, 10:46:47 am by IDM »
Dregs.?

Which striker has he signed on a permanent deal for 2 years.?

Fans have been shouting out for a striker.  One of the talented young loanees is just about back and we signed a stop gap player IMHO.

The “right” striker can only really arrive within the transfer window..

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 14, 2019, 10:47:59 am by redarmy82 »
Dregs.?

Fans have been shouting out for a striker.  One of the talented young loanees is just about back and we signed a stop gap player IMHO.

He had a transfer window and didn't bring one in.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 14, 2019, 10:51:15 am by wing commander »

Unlucky vs Portsmouth..

The bit were we didn't sign a striker before the window shut..Take a look at the other teams who are expecting a tilt at promotion and tell me which ones are relying on having no contracted strikers and relying on just 2 loan players who haven't had a full week in week out season of league football..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 14, 2019, 10:54:00 am by the vicar »
Dregs.?

2 years does not mean a think we meed a striker so he brings in Thomas and on all honesty he looks lazy and in capable on 2 performances. Notts County fans even say he is not a good player

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 14, 2019, 11:09:35 am by bobbymax »
What an utterly pointless and ill-informed thread!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 14, 2019, 11:17:23 am by IDM »
Dregs.?

He had a transfer window and didn't bring one in.

He had a partial window...

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 14, 2019, 11:30:38 am by Jonathan »
I don’t see why anyone should be losing faith in Darren Moore, or the club for bringing him in.

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday so I can’t comment directly, but I understand we were disappointing. Up to that point we’ve shown a degree of promise in every game we’ve played in.

Reading the opening post, I think part of the problem is the expectation (and to be fair the club manufactured this) that we’ll mount a play off challenge. I think we have an eleven that should be capable of challenging most teams, but that’s not enough to sustain a serious challenge over the season.

For whatever reason, there have been some serious failings in the transfer market over the summer and the actions have not matched the words. It’s up to the club as a whole to look at what could and should have been done differently, and what we can learn from it moving forward. The timing of McCann’s departure was certainly not ideal, but we still had some time after that - you’d have to question if we used that to full effect. To just say everything is fine is bordering on delusional.

So for me this is a season in transition where anything above mid table comfort would be an unexpected bonus. We just don’t have the squad to realistically expect a play off charge in my opinion. January isn’t typically an active window for us, and we are already maxed out on loan signings, so maybe this should be a learning season on and off the pitch.

I’m confident we have the right manager and owners, but we can do better in the handling of transfer business surely. And I think our failings in that department over the summer will restrict us in this campaign. We’re doing pretty well with what we have.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 14, 2019, 11:45:12 am by dickos1 »
Spot on
Everything that is happening now is a direct result of the poor summer of recruitment and squad management

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 14, 2019, 11:47:10 am by wing commander »
  That's pretty much spot on Jonathon as I see it and much better put than I did,the opening post wasn't questioning Darrens ability to manage us,that's without question but the reality cant be ignored that there have been some major failings in the market this summer..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 14, 2019, 12:03:15 pm by the vicar »
What an utterly pointless and ill-informed thread!
to you yes to others it isn't

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 14, 2019, 12:12:14 pm by bobbymax »
Maybe that's because some of us can see a bigger picture rather than jumping on the bandwagon of slagging off the manager/club every time we lose a game.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 14, 2019, 01:20:50 pm by the vicar »
No one is jumping on any band wagon, they just have a different opinion to you,, but if you want to shut your eyes to some of the things happening on the pitch that is your perogative

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 14, 2019, 01:45:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
I don’t see why anyone should be losing faith in Darren Moore, or the club for bringing him in.

I wasn’t at the game on Saturday so I can’t comment directly, but I understand we were disappointing. Up to that point we’ve shown a degree of promise in every game we’ve played in.

Reading the opening post, I think part of the problem is the expectation (and to be fair the club manufactured this) that we’ll mount a play off challenge. I think we have an eleven that should be capable of challenging most teams, but that’s not enough to sustain a serious challenge over the season.

For whatever reason, there have been some serious failings in the transfer market over the summer and the actions have not matched the words. It’s up to the club as a whole to look at what could and should have been done differently, and what we can learn from it moving forward. The timing of McCann’s departure was certainly not ideal, but we still had some time after that - you’d have to question if we used that to full effect. To just say everything is fine is bordering on delusional.

So for me this is a season in transition where anything above mid table comfort would be an unexpected bonus. We just don’t have the squad to realistically expect a play off charge in my opinion. January isn’t typically an active window for us, and we are already maxed out on loan signings, so maybe this should be a learning season on and off the pitch.

I’m confident we have the right manager and owners, but we can do better in the handling of transfer business surely. And I think our failings in that department over the summer will restrict us in this campaign. We’re doing pretty well with what we have.

Some reasoned points here. A decent analysis.

What were the specific “serious failings” in the summer?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 14, 2019, 02:19:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
No one is jumping on any band wagon, they just have a different opinion to you,, but if you want to shut your eyes to some of the things happening on the pitch that is your perogative
Not getting players over the line is also an issue and certain people are shutting their eyes to that. That’s not down to DM.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 14, 2019, 02:30:48 pm by bobbymax »
Well I've seen us be much the better side in the majority of games this season so that's not bad through closed eyes. We can certainly improve but a couple of defeats doesn't justify the remarks on here regarding DM's suitability to manage a club in the third tier.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 14, 2019, 02:52:08 pm by Michael Shaw »
Well said , WC. Just because we expressed concern all along should not have made us negative or the enemy, and right now I don't see how Darren can dig himself out of the situation we are in. A loss against Bristol will dig him a much deeper hole amongst those concerners amongst us.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 14, 2019, 02:54:03 pm by Jonathan »

Some reasoned points here. A decent analysis.

What were the specific “serious failings” in the summer?

Slow to act. Slow to react. Always on the back foot.

It started very early. McCann stated immediately after the final whistle at Charlton that he had targets lined up and that deals should be completed very soon that would improve the team. Only Halliday arrived. We then, for a multitude of reasons, failed to agree new contracts with some key members of the first team squad. The squad as a whole began to disintegrate ahead of McCann’s departure, and the promise that we would be stronger began to drift out before he left.

Don’t forget that it was known from the off that Marquis would want out, and that there would be suitors interested in taking him. We could have got on the front foot and strengthened that position when more options were available in the market, McCann was certainly aware of the situation and talked openly about it. But we did not do that. We were told that a player would only be sold if that money could be used to make the squad stronger but that has not been the case. We didn’t get our cards in order before making a sale and as a result the squad is a lot weaker than last season.

Other clubs were bringing in players but we were not. By the time we eventually sold Marquis our options were far more limited. But even then the manager identified players and the deals were not done. Now I get that we don’t want to be paying out ridiculous salaries that we can’t afford, and I wouldn’t want us to mortgage the future of the club on signings that could destabilise the structure. But surely we could look at what can be done to be quicker in progressing the deals that the manager wants, or better at identifying targets that we can afford. Other clubs seem to manage it and not all of them are “doing a Bury.” 

We seem to have been left behind this summer and the next one looks potentially even tougher with the current contractual situation that has been allowed to develop. The board and management should all be working together to learn from it where possible. To pretend like everything has gone perfectly achieves nothing, as I cannot believe it’s all gone to plan.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 02:58:18 pm by Jonathan »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 14, 2019, 03:41:27 pm by the vicar »
Well I've seen us be much the better side in the majority of games this season so that's not bad through closed eyes. We can certainly improve but a couple of defeats doesn't justify the remarks on here regarding DM's suitability to manage a club in the third tier.
its not his suitability it is he needs a plan B and C

baggie192

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 14, 2019, 04:42:58 pm by baggie192 »
I wouldn't be surprised If Moore loans Rayhaan Tulloch in January as he was one of his academy kids. Needs game time is decent. Just not quite ready for Bilic's first team yet

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 14, 2019, 04:45:20 pm by Jonathan »
I wouldn't be surprised If Moore loans Rayhaan Tulloch in January as he was one of his academy kids. Needs game time is decent. Just not quite ready for Bilic's first team yet

The problem is we already have more loans than we are permitted to field in the match day squad.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 14, 2019, 05:15:58 pm by Alan Southstand »
But that can easily be resolved in January, Jonathan, either by signing 1 or 2 of our loans, or by releasing 1 or 2. According to one person on Twitter, Daniels will be leaving in January, so that leaves 5 and then I’d be making serious efforts to sign Dieng.

The first priority, though is to get Anderson and Whiteman on extended deals. Preferably sooner rather than later!

baggie192

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 14, 2019, 05:19:15 pm by baggie192 »

The problem is we already have more loans than we are permitted to field in the match day squad.

Ah that is a shame as it's doubtful we'll sell him. Is the fanbase turning against Moore? He almost pulled the great escape with us. Had it not been for the Jones ultimatum he'd maybe still be at ours

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 14, 2019, 05:20:12 pm by Jonathan »
But that can easily be resolved in January, Jonathan, either by signing 1 or 2 of our loans, or by releasing 1 or 2. According to one person on Twitter, Daniels will be leaving in January, so that leaves 5 and then I’d be making serious efforts to sign Dieng.

The first priority, though is to get Anderson and Whiteman on extended deals. Preferably sooner rather than later!

Add Sadlier to that list and I would agree with all of that.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 14, 2019, 05:23:37 pm by Jonathan »

Ah that is a shame as it's doubtful we'll sell him. Is the fanbase turning against Moore? He almost pulled the great escape with us. Had it not been for the Jones ultimatum he'd maybe still be at ours

Absolutely not. I honestly think Darren Moore has the full backing and support of almost the entire fan base. There are a few prolific wind up merchants on here that like to shout otherwise, but every club has a few like that.

I think the general consensus is that DM is doing a great job with what he has at his disposal and we’ve played some excellent football when we have our best team available. Unfortunately there’s very little depth in the squad to handle injuries, suspensions, loss of form or a need to switch it around a bit. So that’s why form has dipped. 

baggie192

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 14, 2019, 05:31:35 pm by baggie192 »

Absolutely not. I honestly think Darren Moore has the full backing and support of almost the entire fan base. There are a few prolific wind up merchants on here that like to shout otherwise, but every club has a few like that.

I think the general consensus is that DM is doing a great job with what he has at his disposal and we’ve played some excellent football when we have our best team available. Unfortunately there’s very little depth in the squad to handle injuries, suspensions, loss of form or a need to switch it around a bit. So that’s why form has dipped.

That's good to hear as given time He will rebuild you and no doubt take you up

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 14, 2019, 05:32:40 pm by Alan Southstand »
And the fact that we’ve had a run of games against all the ‘fancied’ teams in the division. (And I think Saturday was a bridge too far for some of the players). The Portsmouth defeat was absolutely galling, given how many chances we had in the game. However, without a proper finisher, it could be argued that result was bound to happen sooner or later.

DM is, without question, one of the best managers we’ve had recently and he’s the first one we’ve had that has realised there is a huge disconnect between the u23’s and first team and has put something in place to rectify that problem.

Give him the right resources and we’ll be threatening again. As things stand, we are 1 or 2 players away from having what the manager wants.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012