Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:26:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sterling  (Read 4406 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Sterling
« on October 15, 2019, 04:03:21 pm by Alan Southstand »
Taken from a Liam Hoden’s twitter feed:

Just been to see Darren Moore. He is awaiting a call from Tottenham this afternoon over Kazaiah Sterling’s fitness and whether he’ll be coming back up to Doncaster this week.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Sterling
« Reply #1 on October 15, 2019, 04:10:34 pm by Branton Rover »
Thought it was generally known he went back to Spurs to receive treatment & now they are weighing up his readiness or not to return to us

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 15, 2019, 04:12:10 pm by IDM »
You could read potentially coming back to us this week as a positive sign.?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 15, 2019, 04:20:40 pm by since-1969 »
I doubt  we need him .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 15, 2019, 04:21:17 pm by IDM »
I doubt  we need him .

Are you being sarcastic.?

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 15, 2019, 04:44:23 pm by jackthelad »
I doubt  we need him .

We're desperate for bodies, especially in his position.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 15, 2019, 05:16:10 pm by since-1969 »
I doubt  we need him .

Why.. what has he done so far ? , how many games has he started ? How many league goals has he scored or assists? .

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 15, 2019, 05:35:23 pm by drfcsteve »
I doubt  we need him .

Why.. what has he done so far ? , how many games has he started ? How many league goals has he scored or assists? .

Are you being serious?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 15, 2019, 05:41:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Just ignore it!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 15, 2019, 06:09:59 pm by since-1969 »
I doubt  we need him .

Are you being serious?
What has he done ??

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 15, 2019, 06:22:52 pm by scawsby steve »
I doubt  we need him .

Are you being serious?
What has he done ??

Set up the winner against Lincoln with a piece of stunning brilliance. The next match against Rotherham he started but got injured.

If Ennis gets injured again, who are you suggesting should replace him? Thomas? Longbottom? Sadlier out of position?

I think all this shows that we unequivocally need Sterling back in the squad.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 06:26:13 pm by scawsby steve »

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 15, 2019, 07:13:39 pm by jmt23 »
We definitely need him back, but we need to play to his feet. Most of the game time he had with us, it was up in the air to his head - not his game, and if I was a Spurs scout/rep watching that, I wouldn't send him back.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 15, 2019, 07:49:13 pm by Jonathan »
Some of this does make me wonder if he actually wants to be up here or whether Spurs are protecting him as he wants to stay in London. The apparent uncertainty just doesn’t say to me that he’s pushing to be back here. Maybe I’m wrong.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 15, 2019, 09:33:22 pm by elmsallrover »
Think your totally right doesn't want to be here w

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 15, 2019, 09:36:35 pm by 5minstogo »
I remember reading something with this inference last week. There may well be more to it than the dead leg.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 15, 2019, 10:15:07 pm by IDM »
Didn’t he just go back to spurs to get their treatment for the injury and recovery, which is highly likely to be better than ours.

Where in earth is there any indication that the player doesn’t want to come back.?  Apart from speculation on here that is.?

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 15, 2019, 10:21:05 pm by Donny Exile in York »
What is strange is that it was diagnosed as a dead leg over a month ago.. clearly it was more than just a simple dead leg..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 15, 2019, 10:23:30 pm by IDM »
And DM said in the DFP website a week or so ago that it must have been more than a dead leg..

So they misjudged it at first. Doesn’t mean there is an agenda to speculate over..

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 16, 2019, 12:16:23 am by dknward2 »
Dm had said they sent him back to Spurs as they have more staff and better training and medical facility so can make sure he makes a full recovery

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 16, 2019, 12:46:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Why does there always have to be a conspiracy behind words that are written or spoken?

It's like the Victor Anichebe situation. DM never deviated from his position yet, page upon page of speculation followed. Why can't we just take DM at his word!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 16, 2019, 03:24:14 am by Chris Black come back »
What is all this about on here?!

His injury is obviously more than a straighforward dead leg so he has gone back to Spurs as he is their player. Same has happened to Cameron John and nobody is questioning his commitment or desire to be here.

Honestly some folk are obsessed with our striker situation and all kinds of conspiracy theories on the go.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 16, 2019, 06:41:22 am by Rovers91 »
I doubt  we need him .

So you would rather Longbottom or Kiwomya to come on and make an impact instead?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 16, 2019, 07:29:36 am by Jonathan »
Goodness it’s only a sense I’ve picked up from some of the interviews. Hardly the start of a full blown conspiracy theory. Just a perception that could very well be wrong.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 16, 2019, 07:55:23 am by phil old leake »
Since 1969 surely anyone of an attacking nature has got to be worth having at the moment

Or have I misread all our recent results the wrong way round

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 16, 2019, 08:42:49 am by Donny Exile in York »

His injury is obviously more than a straighforward dead leg so he has gone back to Spurs as he is their player. Same has happened to Cameron John and nobody is questioning his commitment or desire to be here.

Honestly some folk are obsessed with our striker situation and all kinds of conspiracy theories on the go.

I for one am not inferring any conspiracy other than we were coy about the extent of the injury, particularly given the limited number of striker opt9ons available... I think there are a number of people on here who cant handle the truth sometimes...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 16, 2019, 09:36:10 am by Campsall rover »

I for one am not inferring any conspiracy other than we were coy about the extent of the injury, particularly given the limited number of striker opt9ons available... I think there are a number of people on here who cant handle the truth sometimes...
And the truth is?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 16, 2019, 09:48:20 am by IDM »
There are plenty on here who make suppositions on what the truth is based on nothing more than opinions and perceptions on what they see on social media and in the press..

For Sterling the club thought initially his injury was a dead leg, which can itself lead to a few weeks out.  Subsequently we now understand the injury is more than that, and he’s gone back to Spurs to take advantage of their superior facilities, as is correct being their player.

Why that then means he may have concerns about coming back is beyond me, especially when the latest report was that he may return this week.?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 16, 2019, 04:27:36 pm by Campsall rover »
All gossip and supposition as you say IDM
I am quite sure Sterling will be back with us sooner rather than later.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 16, 2019, 06:41:54 pm by Donny Exile in York »
There are plenty on here who make suppositions on what the truth is based on nothing more than opinions and perceptions on what they see on social media and in the press..

For Sterling the club thought initially his injury was a dead leg, which can itself lead to a few weeks out.  Subsequently we now understand the injury is more than that, and he’s gone back to Spurs to take advantage of their superior facilities, as is correct being their player.

Why that then means he may have concerns about coming back is beyond me, especially when the latest report was that he may return this week.?

Or what they hear from Darren Moores interviews themselves... and maybe others on here take too much face value that there isant smoke and mirrors sometimes to cover up a players injury from the opposition..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 06:44:16 pm by Donny Exile in York »

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 16, 2019, 07:16:26 pm by auckleyflyer »
Fek me people thinking heads on, the striker situation is golden from spurs and sterlings point of view. I'd wager there are both frustrated. So much available game time from thfc and sterling could have developed and cemented a place for the season!! When he comes back, there may only be 6/7weeks until the window and therefore competition???
If any party likely to be cold on the idea it's rovers (imo?) who could lone/ pay for a different target now the expected *striker pre season didn't happen???????
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 07:24:25 pm by auckleyflyer »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012