Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:52:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sterling  (Read 4405 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Sterling
« Reply #30 on October 17, 2019, 03:52:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
From Liam Hoden

Kazaiah Sterling suffered an unspecified illness in relation to his dead leg. He will remain with Spurs until fully recovered. Darren Moore was unwilling to put a timeframe on his return #drfc

Unfortunate for him and our club I hope they have identified the problem and it can be cured quickly.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 04:10:52 pm by steve@dcfd »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 17, 2019, 05:09:35 pm by Alan Southstand »
Report, from DFP, in full:

Sterling suffered a dead leg in the clash with Rotherham United on September 7 and has been out of action since.
Rovers boss Darren Moore has now revealed the 20-year-old contracted an illness in relation to the injury and, having returned to Spurs last week, will remain with his parent club until fully fit.
“Kazaiah has returned back to Tottenham because when he sustained his injury; through that, he contracted an illness with it, which prolonged the injury,” Moore explained.

“We've sent him back to Tottenham so he can get over it. And once he’s over it, he will come back.
“As for me going into it from a medical and technical purpose, I can’t go into that,
“But what he is doing back at Tottenham, he is building up his fitness.
“We were waiting for the medical notes to come through and we’ll now work real closely with Tottenham.

“Hopefully we can have him back sooner rather than later.
“For me to give you a timescale (on it) would be wrong. It could be ten days, it could be weeks.
“Hopefully it’ll be the first one, days rather than weeks, but we’re working with Tottenham to see if we can get him back as quickly as we can.
“He’s fine within himself, it's just that for us to ask him to play with that injury would be wrong.

“It’s about getting him fit, getting him ready and getting him back as soon as we possibly can.”
With Sterling ruled out for longer, Moore says the timing of Niall Ennis’s return from injury last week was perfect.
Ennis could start Saturday’s clash with in-form Bristol Rovers at the Keepmoat.
“Niall is back fit now so that has been timely,” he said. “And we've got Kwame, whose fitness is building, after getting 60 and 70 minutes.”

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on October 17, 2019, 09:16:23 pm by karldew »
“And we've got Kwame, whose fitness is building, after getting 60 and 70 minutes.”

It must have been more than just fitness with Anichebe then. Surely he’d been training to be able to manage 60/70 minutes?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012